This section is for listing those who have been banned from AH.COM and their offenses.
The listed banned members are mainly Trolls and particularly sockpuppets - in fact, the vast majority of the banned accounts are sockpuppets of six particularly notorious trolls, namely Mike Collins, nonny, Tel-Avision, hypern, Rockingham, and, of course, General Mung Beans. The accounts of Phonespammers are simply deleted and are not included in this list.
Bans generally follow several warnings and kicks for violating the Forum's Rules. Please also see Roster of the Repentant, which lists posters who were previously banned and had their ban lifted. Users who request to be banned are said to be “Going Fishing”, a list of people requesting bans can be found here
Please bear in mind that the HoI threads exist for discussions about bans and kicks, not for expressing appeals or demands to get a member unbanned or unkicked.
Recommendations for visitors of the HoI discussion threads:
1. Please discuss only the kickings or bannings of board members in the threads, don't veer off into other topics (use the spillover natter thread for the more off topic discussion subjects instead).
2. Do not insult or “gravedance” over kicked or banned board members, do not speculate about who should get kicked or banned. AH.com etiquette does not tolerate such behaviour.
3. Do not try to pick fights with anyone in the discussions. If you disagree, disagree politely. Try to act as civil as possible at all times.
4. When in doubt whether a board member has been really kicked or banned, please always check The Pond or the infographic first. If someone has Gone Fishin', that's not an infraction, just members requesting to have their account temporarily blocked while they're on a sabbatical, studying for tests at school, busy in work, etc. If someone is banned without the admin or moderator noting it and commenting on it in the HoI, that person was most likely a sockpuppet of an already banned member.
5. When a moderator asks you politely to cut off an unproductive discussion in a HoI thread, please obey his warning. Do not start an argument with the moderator.
The above are recommendations, not official rules. But keep them in mind whenever you enter a HoI discussion and are in an angry or frustrated mood. Counting to 10, sorting your thoughts, and so on, can help you think clearly and avoid getting into pointless arguments.
During certain occasions, a mass banning of people may occur. Incidents of notoriety are recorded on the AH.com Conflicts page.
The following list is sorted numerically and alphabetically.
Hall of Infamy X (“The X Files”)
Alphabetical list of AH.com members - List of active AH.commers.
Roster of the Repentant - Some posters repent for their wrongs, get unbanned and rejoin our community.
The Pond - Where members banned at their own request are noted.