Sony Entertainment Television
  • Sony Entertainment Television Logo PNG Transparent & SVG Vector - Freebie  Supply

Sony Entertainment Television

Launched on September 14th, 2002.

Owned with a joint venture between Sony Pictures Television, Liberty Media and Comcast.

Initial lineup:
    Sony Pictures Television library
    Sony Pictures film library
    Adelaide Productions/BKN/TV-Toonland AG/Mainframe/ADV Films libraries(Animax block only)

Launch Lineup currently unavailable

Available in 70 million households.

At launch, the network would use branding wrapped around something like this:

MAJOR RUMOR(Sept/Oct 2002)
  • MAJOR RUMOR!!!!!!!!!!!

It appears that The Walt Disney Company is interested in acquiring Universal Pictures from French company Vienidi due to Vienidi and Universal not exactly working out and getting along with each other.

Now, should such thing happen, then it's obvious that the Universal Studios parks will be sold off considering their low performance as of late and the fact that they're not putting any other parks other the very thing that WALT DISNEY made.

Also, Disney would gain gaming franchises(ITTL, Universal brought out a stake in Insomniac Games and Naughty Dog, sharing them with Sony), as well as TV shows, films, music and even television channels, including USA Network, Sci-Fi Channel and the recently-launched Universal Kids.

Notable properties Disney would get is the Universal Monsters, E.T., Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Woody Woodpecker, An American Tail, Crash Bandicoot and more......

This is certainly an interesting development for sure................

Stay tuned for further developments.

CNX: Cartoon Network eXtreme(C=Comedy, N=Anime, X=eXtreme)
  • CNX | Toonami Wiki | Fandom

CNX: Cartoon Network eXtreme

Launched on October 1st, 2002.

Owned by Turner Broadcasting, a TimeWarner company.

Initial Lineup:
    Hanna-Barbera/Ruby-Spears library
    Cartoon Network/Williams Street/Warner Bros. Animation library
    Numerous acquisitions, mainly Toonami shows

LAUNCH SCHEDULE:​
    WEEKDAYS
    6:00AM: THE REAL ADVENTURES OF JONNY QUEST
    6:30AM: THE POWERPUFF GIRLS
    7:00AM: DRAGONBALL Z
    7:30AM: DRAGONBALL Z​
    8:00AM: DRAGONBALL
    8:30AM: DRAGONBALL
    9:00AM: SWAT KATS: THE RADICAL SQUADRON
    9:30AM: CAPTAIN PLANET AND THE PLANETEERS
    10:00AM: THUNDERCATS
    10:30AM: THUNDERCATS
    11:00AM: SILVERHAWKS
    11:30AM: CHALLENGE OF THE GOBOTS
    12:00PM: SUPER ADVENTURES
    1:00PM: BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES
    1:30PM: SUPERMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES
    2:00PM: BATMAN BEYOND
    2:30PM: RONIN WARRIORS
    3:00PM: SAILOR MOON
    3:30PM: REBOOT
    ------------TOONAMI-----------------------
    4:00PM: BATMAN BEYOND
    4:30PM: THE POWERPUFF GIRLS
    5:00PM: G GUNDAM
    5:30PM: YU YU HAKUSHO
    6:00PM: DRAGONBAlL
    6:30PM: DRAGONBALL Z

------------TOONAMI-----------------------

------------CNX PRIME-----------------------
    7:00PM: BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES
    7:30PM: SUPERMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES
    8:00PM: DRAGONBALL Z
    8:30PM: SAILOR MOON
    9:00PM: REBOOT

9:30PM: GUNDAM WING: TOONAMI EDITION
    10:00PM: TENCHI MUYO!: TOONAMI EDITION
    10:30PM: OUTLAW STAR: TOONAMI EDITION

11:00PM: GUNDAM WING: UNCUT
    11:30PM: TENCHI MUYO!: UNCUT
    ------------TOONAMI: THE MIDNIGHT RUN-----------------------
    12:00AM: YU YU HAKUSHO: UNCUT
    12:30AM: G GUNDAM
    ------------TOONAMI: THE MIDNIGHT RUN-----------------------

1:00AM: OUTLAW STAR: UNCUT
    1:30AM: TODD McFARLANE'S SPAWN
    2:00AM: SUPER ADVENTURES
    3:00AM: JONNY QUEST
    3:30AM: THE CENTURIONS
    4:00AM: JOHNNY CYPHER IN DIMENSION ZERO
    4:30AM: MARINE BOY
    5:00AM: SUPER ADVENTURES

WEEKENDS

6:00AM: PAC-MAN
    6:30AM: RUBIK: THE AMAZING CUBE
    7:00AM: SKY COMMANDERS
    7:30AM: PIRATES OF DARK WATER​
    8:00AM: THUNDARR THE BARBARIAN
    8:30AM: GOLDIE GOLD AND ACTION JACK
    9:00AM: SATURDAY SUPERCADE
    9:30AM: DRAGON'S LAIR
    10:00AM: TURBO TEEN
    10:30AM: LAZER TAG ACADEMY
    11:00AM: CHUCK NORRIS'S KARATE KOMMANDOS
    11:30AM: SUPERFRIENDS
    12:00PM: SHAZZAN
    12:30PM: MOBY DICK AND MIGHTY MIGHTOR
    1:00PM: 80'S SUPERMAN
    1:30PM: SPACE GHOST AND DINO BOY
    2:00PM: SEALAB 2020
    2:30PM: FRANKENSTEIN JR. AND THE IMPOSSIBLES
    3:00PM: BIRDMAN AND THE GALAXY TRIO
    3:30PM: THE HERCULOIDS
    4:00PM: MARATHONS
    7:00PM: ROAD ROVERS
    7:30PM: THE ZETA PROJECT
    8:00PM: JUSTICE LEAGUE
    8:30PM: SAMURAI JACK
    9:00PM: CNX IN-FLIGHT MOVIE

------------ADULT SWIM-----------------------
    11:00PM: SPACE GHOST: COAST 2 COAST
    11:30PM: THE BRAK SHOW+HARVEY BIRDMAN: ATTORNEY AT LAW(SATURDAY)/HOME MOVIES(SUNDAY)
    12:00AM: SEALAB 2021+AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE(SATURDAY)/COWBOY BEBOP(SUNDAY)
    12:30AM: MISSION HILL(SATURDAYS)/TRIGUN(SUNDAY)
    1:00AM: THE OBLONGS(SATURDAYS)/PILOT CANDIDATE(SUNDAY)
    1:30AM: BABY BLUES(SATURDAYS)/SABER MARIONETTE J(SUNDAY)

2:00AM: SUPER ADVENTURES
    3:00AM: JONNY QUEST
    3:30AM: THE CENTURIONS
    4:00AM: JOHNNY CYPHER IN DIMENSION ZERO
    4:30AM: MARINE BOY
    5:00AM: SUPER ADVENTURES
    Launched in 30 million households.

This network is a spinoff of Cartoon Network.

At launch, the network uses this branding:

And two out of the many shows that would become famous for being played in the network's promos:

Thoughts?

@TheFaultsofAlts @UNIVERSAL.EXE @THEKINGFISH217 @kirbopher15 @vl106

CNX 2002 Bug Test.png

Nickelodeon Arc: Nick's Troubles Just Keep Coming, Coming, Coming, Coming and Coming...........
  • Now, it seems that the situation surrounding the Nicktoons are starting to clear.

At this point, Jhonen Vasquez has got ALL rights to Invader Zim from Viacom. He will likely start up his own studio or go elsewhere to avoid future problems like this.

Stephen Hillenburg still has to keep the rights to Spongebob with Nick, but now they have NO choice but to end the show. Premieres return in January 2003. An movie is being made to end the series.

Nick was forced to pay Micah Wright and give back the rights to Constant Payne. He is currently planning to shop the show around to other networks. Cartoon Network, Universal Kids and the upcoming Animax channel have all already confirmed interest in the series.

Craig Bartlett hasn't really won anything, but Nick will resume premieres in January. The Patakis will be greenlit by Nick for a 2004 premiere.

Mitch Schauer also hasn't won anything, especially since The Angry Beavers has already ended it's run.

At this point, Nick is slipping to third place as Cartoon Network takes over and Disney Channel is rapidly growing. Fox Family and Universal Kids is also gaining traction, especially since the former has relaunched back in September, but Nick is still holding on to second place.

However, the preschool shows(which hasn't really been nearly as affected as the 6-11/9-14 Nicktoons) as well as the SLAM! block, which is airing Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters, Rocket Power, The Mummy, Nickelodeon Robot Wars, Scaredy Camp as well as Nick's new big Nicktoon:

Jimmy Neutron | Jimmy Neutron Wiki | Fandom

Due to Nick's troubles, SLAM! hasn't really aired anything much new this year other than reruns of Invader Zim and Butt Ugly Martians.

Also, Yu-Gi-Oh! has become what many consider "Nick's Golden Boy", up there with the likes of Spongebob. Jimmy Neutron is also rapidly becoming a major hit.

Yami Yugi Character Profile : Official Yu-Gi-Oh! Site

But just when Nick's troubles seem to be ending, more troubles are popping up, and this time, they might ACTUALLY do long-term damage to the network...............

First, SNICK's shows are all dying and being canceled or being hit with ratings decline. Many call this "The SNICK Purge of 2002".

There has been reports and rumors of several sexual harassment/assault and/or abuse occuring against several of the actresses which star in their various shows......

I knew that Dan guy gave off some weird vibes.............

And Taina star Christina Vidal has also had disagreements with Nickelodeon executives due to her being signed on MCA Records, which is owned by Universal, which means that the dismay would only get worse due to Nick executives' fears of them stealing one of their stars for their fledgling Universal Kids network. Other factors for that show's cancelation was rumored to be because it was too expensive to produce, it was only watched by girls(boys also watched) and because most shows were generally getting their assess handed to them by the smash hit Yu-Gi-Oh!, which despite only being in second place amongst the kid/animation networks, is even giving Dragon Ball Z and new show Yu Yu Hakusho a HUGE run for their money.

Taina (TV Series 2001–2002) - IMDb

Taina, ©Viacom International Inc.

Whatever it is, Nickelodeon BETTER be very careful.............​

Last edited:
    Meanwhile, at Sega..............
  • SONY CONFIRMS PLAYSTATION ADAPTATION RUMORS
    Unknown gaming magazine

Yep. It's been confirmed. Sony has confirmed rumors that there are SOME PlayStation games getting adaptations as it was announced today. These will take the forms of films, television shows and animated adaptations.

However, we have come to conclusions that this may be a result of the recent partnership signed between Comcast, Sony and Liberty Media, and it's more than likely that any adaptation will air on either the upcoming SET entertainment, G4 gaming or Animax animation channels launching later this year.

Regardless, this should mark the new beginning of an new age of gaming adaptations.

MEANWHILE, AT SEGA & MICROSOFT:

Sega Exec:
    Ok...........Check! This "Sonic Anime" is good. Let's have it rolled out for 2003!

Microsoft Exec:
    Great! Should we do adaptations of our other properties because suddenly Sony seems to be so gung-ho on making them. But only problem, we don't have any animatio.........

Sega Exec:
    Worry not! We have TMS Entertainment! We got Detective Conan, Lupin the Third, Monster Rancher, Magic Knight Rayearth, Hamtaro(which is coming to Disney Channel this fall), Anpanman and even FRICKING AKIRA!

Hell, I think we should start our own anime dubbing unit! Expand into entertainment a bit, how about it?

Bill Gates:
    View attachment 820874
    You know, that's a great idea! I'll consider it!​
    hideki sato sega from segaretro.org
    Tetsu Kayama - Sega Retro
    Bill Gates - Wikipedia

Hideki Sato, Tetsu Kamaya and Bill Gates:

"So, how is the Sonic anime coming along?"

:
    Square Enix hires Sonic mastermind Yuji Naka - Polygon

Yuji Naka:

"It's actually coming along quite nice, although we did figure out that we did want to adapt Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Battle, and if it turns out good, Sonic Heroes."

Bill Gates:

"Nice. Now, we're trying to figure out who should we give the dubbing rights to........Starboard's been doing a good job with Yu-Gi-Oh! and Goemon and they have that Bomberman anime coming next year, but considering what's happening with their main partner, I'm not sure. ADV seems like a good choice considering they did dub that Sonic movie, Funimation and Viz probably wouldn't want it, Bandai could make work, Pioneer's a terrible choice, so......."

Peter Moore - Sega Retro

Peter Moore:

"Maybe we could dub it ourselves? There's plenty of studios around, so I don't see why we can't enter the anime business ourselves, besides, Bandai's making money off of it, so why not?"

Bill Gates:

"You know, that's a good idea! You also want to know what's a good idea? Anime based off our other properties? We could do something with NiGHTS, Virtua Fighter, Phantasy Star, Super Monkey Ball, even our new game with that cat coming out next year..............And besides, since Virtua Fighter started airing on TV here in the States, Virtua Fighter's popularity has been slowing increasing."

Yuji Naka:

"That's a great idea. You know, and with Virtua Fighter 4 coming out and the anime being reran, now's the PERFECT time to make a new anime. I'll talk with the guys at TMS and see what they think. We might as well buy them out at this point".

Bill Gates:

"You know? Sonic? Blinx? Virtua Fighter? Phantasy Star? NiGHTS? Super Monkey Ball? Get ALL of these in development ASAP! And make Blinx and Super Monkey Ball CG. And make NiGHTS a hybrid."

Naka, Sato and Kamaya:

"Got it".​

Viagate??????: QUICK, CHECK CNN RIGHT EFFIN NOW!!!!!
  • I was asked by @Otakuninja2006 to guest write a post for TL-2K23. Here is that post. Yours truly, @THEKINGFISH217
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a CNN Breaking News report.......
    Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 3.46.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 3.49.25 PM.png

BLITZER: Good afternoon, I'm Wolf Blitzer here with news regarding developments at the children's cable network - Nickelodeon. We have just received a leak that SpongeBob Squarepants is to be cancelled soon. The popular children's cartoon show has proven wildly popular since its premiere back in 1999, entertaining children and adults alike. Things however have taken a troubling turn for the network lately, as they network has come under fire for its policies regarding its animated shows. Recently, the popular cartoon Invader Zim was unexpectedly cancelled, while a show in development called Constant Payne was pulled from development. Now ladies and gentlemen, these creators have fought back against this unprecedented action, with many taking back the rights to their shows. Invader Zim's rights were bought back by Jhonen Vasquez, as did creator Micah Wright with Constant Payne. But several of them have not won anything. And joining us live on the phone is Spongebob creator Stephen Hillenburg. Glad to see you.

HILLENBURG: Glad to see you too, Blitz.

BLITZER: Now Mr. Hillenburg, you've voiced your grievances with Nickelodeon staff in the past, is that correct?

HILLENBURG: That's right. Quite frankly, I'm tired of being bullied by these out-of-touch assholes that always act like the smallest thing is a thorn in their side. They've got angry at Mitch [Schauer] in the past for trying to make his show say "shut up", and then they've threatening to pull the plug on his show because they didn't like his idea of a grand finale. I mean, for crying out loud, did I slip through a time warp back to 1975 - where cartoons can never say "die" and always have to teach some cereal box lesson?

BLITZER: That is a first, Hillenburg. Now do you plan to move your show to a different network?

HILLENBURG: (brief silence) For me, not really. I kinda want to go out while I'm still flying high. I mean - I'm still angry at Nick for how horribly they're treating their staff, but at least my show doesn't go on forever and ever like The Simpsons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Meanwhile, In Downtown Manhattan......

Les Moonves had just finished another day managing Viacom as one of the major media companies of Hollywood. With such a stressful job, one must indulge in some comfort and relaxation. He had thought about retreating to one of the companies' spa resorts a couple of miles away, able to wash the burden of capitalism off his back. But first, he had to check how his stocks were doing. Grabbing the television remote of his office, he swiftly surfed through the some 500 cable channels at his disposal. However, there was one channel were he briefly recognized the voice of. So he went back to that channel. And he heard them:

HILLENBURG: I’m just saying - Nickelodeon and Viacom are a bunch of greedy, certified hacks.

BARTLETT: They aren’t the clowns, they’re the entire circus.

Moonves was completely livid. “Those little punks dare defy my rules,” he growled to himself. The sleazy executive felt his entire fiber of his being vibrate with a sort of rage. He ought to show his wrath to those “loser” artists. He was better. He was stronger. And he was richer.

In a dashing move of smug confidence, Moonves snagged the phone and called his secretary - whom he’d…… pleasured himself to in the past. “Janet”, the fat man barked, “call my lawyers, we’re filling a lawsuit!”

—————————————————————————————

How’d I do?

If you want more content from me, check out my own TL Man’s Best Friend: An Alternate 1990s and Beyond if you haven’t already. Hope you like it!

Viagate: Holy Crap........................
  • Here is another guest post from yours truly, @THEKINGFISH217 , inspired by this part of the original American Magic by @OldNavy1988
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

This is a CNN Special News report.......
    images.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 3.49.25 PM.png

BLITZER:
    Good evening Americans. We are here to announce that Time Warner - and by extension this very news network - has been sued for slander and libel by Viacom. If you viewers remember, this station had previously covered the turmoil surrounding the issues regarding Nickelodeon and its content creators. Now ladies and gentlemen, it appears that Viacom - Nickelodeon's owner - has accused us of "sabotaging their public image for their [our] benefit."

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    The following is an NBC News Special Report....

download-1.jpg

*NBC Chimes are heard*
    download-2.jpg

BROKAW: Good evening I'm Tom Brokaw of NBC News. I'm here to report the shocking lawsuit brought by Viacom to sue Time Warner for libel regarding a news report on the situation at Nickelodeon on CNN. Nickelodeon has been declining in ratings over the past two years following its controversial decision to cancel the wildly-popular Invader Zim. When we reached out to Viacom for answers, they answered no comment.

This is an ABC News Special Report...
    download-1.jpg

download-2.jpg

JENNINGS:
    This is Peter Jennings of ABC News reporting about the lawsuit between Viacom and Time Warner that is sending shockwaves throughout the media industry. What started as a simple feud between showrunners and network executives at the children's cable network Nickelodeon has snowballed into full-on legal fight between two entertainment giants. This follows a CNN interview with Nickelodeon creators on CNN, which Nick parent company Viacom calls an act of libel.

This is a CBS News Special Report...
    Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 6.43.03 PM.png

download-4.jpg

RATHER:
    Good evening, I'm Dan Rather of CBS News. I'm here to report that Viacom - the parent company of this very network - is suing Time Warner for libel on its cable network CNN. Previously, the network Nickelodeon has made the unprece- *interrupt by off-screen voice*

UNKNOWN MALE VOICE: *distantly heard and off-screen* Wrong narrative! Do you want to tell the truth, or do you want to keep your job Dan?!

RATHER: ....Nickelodeon's creative staff has lashed out after the network decided to cancel the children's program Invader Zim. CNN has provided a platform for these creators to attack Viacom for its policies.

This was one of the hardest posts to write because my words kept getting locked in bold and italic. In fact, as I'm writing this, they are right now. As such, I'm going to make a separate post of the individual reactions. Also, I figured that with no 9/11, Dubya and company wouldn't be able to invade Iraq - and if they did, they would likely loose on 1972 McGovern levels in the 2004 Election. As such, Viacom suing Time Warner is the big news of the early 2000s. And yes, most of these screenshots are taken from coverage of 9/11.

How'd I do?

Viagate: Reactions to the "Splatspill of '02"
  • “I hope Viacom loses the lawsuit. As a concerned parent hailing from the great state of Texas, I find Nickelodeon's SLAM action block to be nothing short of an abomination! It is an affront to the traditional values we hold dear in our households. Instead of fostering an environment of wholesome entertainment, they unleash a barrage of questionable anime and animated series on our impressionable children. Shows like 'Yu-Gi-Oh!', 'Rocket Power', and 'Virtua Fighter' are nothing but a gateway to the erosion of our traditional family values. And I’m glad that Nickelodeon is gonna get what they deserve!“ - A religious parent in Texas

“My kids love the SLAM block on Nickelodeon! But this lawsuit that Viacom is pursuing is honestly childish and I fear that might end my kids’ favorite cartoons. Let’s just hope for the best that this will all blow over. I think Nickelodeon needs to embrace change and keep up with the evolving interests of our young viewers!" - A NORMAL AND SANE parent from New York

“Man Nickelodeon ain’t cool no more! Not after they cancelled Invader Zim!” - A kid interviewed by local news

“Nick is just a bunch of conformist posers now that Invader Zim is gone. I’ll just go back to listening to Evanescence…..” - A goth teen on an online forum

“Me and my husband just loved watching SpongeBob, but hearing about what’s happening at Nick right now, I’m not sure will keep watching it.” - A gay couple living in Burbank, California

“Man, I hate how much Nick is airing their version of Yu-Gi-Oh! That magic talking mouse named Timothy was clearly meant to copy the success of SpongeBob.” - what we would call a weeb on 4Chan

“I hear people say Nickelodeon stopped being good after the Bite of ’02, but personally - that would imply that Nick wasn’t already on the decline by the late 90s.” - Betty Cohen in the 2018 documentary (Can’t) Do What You Want on Nick: The Fall of Nickelodeon

“Well then, let the death of Nickelodeon begin!” - Mike Lazzo upon hearing about the Viacom lawsuit

“Oh no! Anyways…” - Margaret Loesch, reacting to news of the lawsuit with schadenfreude

“It was at that moment we knew - that Invader Zim could be our golden goose.” - Steve Mosko in the 2018 documentary (Can’t) Do What You Want on Nick: The Fall of Nickelodeon

“You know, it’s a great thing that Nick got rid of all its cartoons. Now my new shows The LOL Factor and Bill’s Peanut Butter Jelly Time Show are rocking the ratings at Nick!” - Dan Schneider on the Late Show with David Letterman, two weeks before bombshell allegations of his [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] of Jamie Lynn Spears

“How on Earth did the same network behind the likes of Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold, All That, and Clarissa Explains it All fall so low?” - Jerry Beck, in the introduction of his 2018 documentary (Can’t) Do What You Want on Nick: The Fall of Nickelodeon

Sorry this entry was a little late guys, I had a bad combination of being very busy and having severe writer's block. I tried using ChatGPT to help, but it kept spitting out half-assed dialogue, so I just went "fuck it" and actually wrote without the use of it. Hope my writing quality didn't go down...

Also, the Bite of '02 refers to the initial cancellations.

Cartoon Network's 10th Anniversary
  • Cartoon Network Ads — Invitation for the launch of CN at october 1, 1992...

An ad for a special event to celebrate the launch of Cartoon Network in 1992.

Ah, Cartoon Network, the animation fan's paradise. Classic rerun channel-turned animation powerhouse that's now the highest rated network amongst kids and is constantly in the Top 10 with adults, this network has served every animation fan in America with high quality animation since it's inception in 1992, but today, we're going into the network's history and how it managed to become such a massive household name in just 10 years.​

1991-1995
    In 1991, Hanna-Barbera, the famous animation studio, was sold to Ted Turner(Turner Broadcasting) after beating Hallmark and Universal for the studio and library. This resulted in the launch of Cartoon Network the following year on October 1st, 1992. At first, the network initially aired content from the Hanna-Barbera, Ruby-Spears, MGM/TUrner and AAP animation libraries. Despite only being available in a low amount of homes at first, the network quickly became a huge hit, but during this time period, the network mainly was all-reruns, however, The Moxy Show and Space Ghost: Coast 2 Coast would also bring the network front and center in the growing animation renaissance with the latter even establishing the network's popularity amongst young adults, being one of the factors behind the network's decision to eventually target older audiences, but that will come a bit later. In 1995, the network started a new animated anthology series called World Premiere Cartoons, or What A Cartoon! that led to some of Cartoon Network's most famous original series to date.​

1996-2001
    Between 1995 and 1996, Turner Broadcasting merged with TimeWarner, thus giving the former more resources, money and programming. This was especially true for Cartoon Network, as many of the WB/DC cartoons began airing on Cartoon Network en masse during this time, making the network a bigger place for animation. 1996 also gave birth to the first series in the "Cartoon Cartoons" line, Dexter's Laboratory. 1997 would also give us a new action animation block named Toonami, initially hosted by Space Ghost villain Moltar, now hosted by a robot named T.O.M.(Toonami Operations Module), voiced by Steve Blum, also the voice of Spike Spiegel, the block hosted a variety of action animation, but is most famous for airing anime, thus, along with the smash phenonom Pokemon, the rise of DVDs and the internet, started the anime boom. Over the next few years, Cartoon Network would become even more of a animation powerhouse, giving Nickelodeon and the Saturday Morning blocks a run for their money with blocks like The Midnight Run, The RIsing Sun and Cartoon Cartoon Fridays along with shows like Ed, Edd 'n Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing.

2001-present
    Now, Cartoon Network is at it's prime. Adult Swim launched in 2001, giving their huge adult audience a place to watch cartoons made and marketed JUST for them. Boomerang, the classic cartoon block, got expanded into it's own channel. Toonami is now getting some of the highest ratings on the channel an even led to the recent launch of CNX, a new network meant for older audiences that enjoy the mature action and comedy content already on Cartoon Network. And now, with Nickelodeon's decline, Cartoon Network is now becoming one of the most popular network for kids in America.

And by God are there plans for next year.....Next year, several new shows premiere, such as Billy and Mandy(a spin-off from Grim and Evil), the WBA/DC/CN co=pro Teen Titans, an expansion for Toonami and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Safe to say, things are looking bright for The Best Place For Cartoons.

Great job, and here's to another 10 years of the best cartoons on the planet!​

Last edited:
    Animax
  • Animax (Southeast Asia) | Logopedia | Fandom

Animax
    Launched on November 1st, 2002.

Owned by a joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment, Comcast and Liberty Media.

Initial lineup:

Sony Pictures/Adelaide Productions/UPA library
    Most of the Filmation library
    DiC Entertainment library
    TV-Toonland AG library
    BRB Internationcal library
    ADV Films library
    Bandai Entertainment library
    Pioneer Entertainment library

Launch Schedule:

Blocks:
    Mornings: classics and preschoolers
    Afternoons: kids and classics
    Primetime: Action and movies
    Anime Zone: anime block
    Nighttime: Adult block

Animax is available in around 75 million homes.​

Last edited:
    UPDATE
  • New development.

Future posts(mot talking about a specific topic) will be merged into one or two huge posts......

These will contain info, minor news, facts, sayings amongst other things, so now, there won't have to be as much as I have to do for this TL.

What it will actually look like, you'll see either tomorrow or Tuesday.

November 2002 News
  • Highest-Selling Video Games of 2002[1]
    1. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City(PS2, Windows, X/S, Mac OS X, Android, iOS, Fire OS) - Rockstar - 5,796,677+
    2. 2002 FIFA World Cup(PS1, PS2, X/S, Windows, GameCube) - EA Sports - 3,500,000+
    3. Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire(GBA) - Nintendo/Game Freak - 3,197,762
    4. Madden NFL 2003(PS1, PS2, X/S, GameCube, GBA) - EA Sports - 3,194,065+
    5. Kingdom Hearts(PS2) - Disney, Squaresoft - 3,190,152+
    6. FIFA Football 2003(PS1, PS2, X/S, Windows, Mobile, GameCube, GBA) - EA Sports - 2,761,238+
    7. Grand Theft Auto II(PS2, Windows, X/S, Mac OS X, Android, iOS, Fire OS) - Rockstar - 2,712,997+
    8. Pro Evolution Soccer 2(PS1, PS2, GameCube) - Konami - 2,693,519+
    9. Spider-Man(PS2, Gamecube, GBA, Windows, X/S) - Activision[2] - 2,287,038+
    10. Super Mario Sunshine(Gamecube) - Nintendo - 2,172,821+

Most Critically- Acclaimed Video Games Of 2002[3]
    1. Metroid Prime -(GameCube) - 97/100
    2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker -(GameCube)- 96/100
    3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City -(Multiplatform) - 95/100
    4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Four Swords -(GameCube)- 95/100
    5. Madden NFL 2003 -(Multiplatform)- 95/100
    6. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 -(Multiplatform)- 94/100
    7. Virtua Fighter 4 -(Microsoft-Sega X/S)- 94/100
    8. Grand Theft Auto II -(Multiplatform)- 93/100
    9. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell -(Multiplatform)- 93/100
    10. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos -(PC)- 92/100

Verknupfung

Released: November 8th, 2002[NA], November 30th, 2003{EU], December 6th, 2002{JP}, December 9th, 2002{AU}, January 3rd, 2003{Rest of the World]
    Platforms: Nintendo GameCube, Microsoft-Sega X/S

Verkunpfung is a fantasy RPG that takes place in a world where magic is an integral part of society. The game revolves around a group of adventurers who are tasked with preventing an evil sorcerer from acquiring an ancient artifact that would give him control over the elements themselves.

As the players explore the world of Verkunpfung, they will encounter a wide range of different creatures and cultures, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses. They will need to rely on both their combat skills and their problem-solving abilities to overcome the many challenges that lie ahead.

Overall, Verkunpfung is a rich and immersive world that offers players a wide range of different gameplay experiences. Whether you prefer combat, exploration, or puzzle-solving, there is something here for everyone.

Overall, the game gets a 7/10.

ESRB Ratings | GameStop

RATED E10 FOR EVERYONE AGES 10 AND UP

Top 5 Thanksgiving 2002 Movies(at least IMO)
    1. Lilo and Stitch (Walt Disney Pictures/Walt Disney Feature Animation)[4]
    2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Warner Bros. Pictures)
    3. The Santa Clause 2 (Walt Disney Pictures)
    4. 8 Crazy Nights (Sony Pictures)
    5. 8 Mile (Universal Pictures)[5]

New Gaming-themed Cable Network Now On the Air
    G4 (American TV network) - Wikipedia

G4, the new cable television network devoted to video games and gaming culture, has officially landed on the air. After a new deal with Comcast, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Liberty Media delayed the network's originally scheduled April 2002 launch(mainly to try and score more programming and more carriage for it's launch), the new network is now on the air and is available in an estimated 30 million households nationwide. The network is basically like technology-based rival, TechTV, but more like MTV, and skews younger, and is more based on video games. In addition to several original series, the network has also acquired the rights to various video game-based animated series to air during the daytime hours when normal primetime programming isn't expected to air. The network's launch shows are as follows:
    • Blister: Show themed around action/adventure games.
    • Cheat!: Show themed around video game cheats and tricks.
    • Cinematech: Unique from the rest of this channel, this has no narration, and shows trailers, cutscenes and clips from various video games.
    • Filter: An top 10 game show.
    • G4tv.com: Video game talk show.
    • Icons: Video game documentary series.
    • Judgement Day: Video game review show.
    • Game On!: Video game competition show.
    • Players: Show where celebrities were interviewed whether or not they played video games.
    • Pulse: Gaming news show.
    • Portal: Machinima series.
    • Arena: Multiplayer online gaming show.
    • Sweat: Sports game show.
    In addition to the original launch shows(all from OTL), the network also airs several animated series based on video games, mainly during daytime hours, those shows are:
    • Pole Position
    • The Super Mario Bros. Super Show
    • The Legend of Zelda
    • Captain N: The Game Master
    • The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
    • Super Mario World
    • The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Sonic the Hedgehog(SatAM)
    • Double Dragon
    • Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego?
    • Sonic Underground
    So, while the network may seem a bit redundant in terms of programming at first, but I can guarantee you that this network has TONS of potential. We all just hope they use it properly.

[1] All of them is from Wikipedia's page. I just changed the Xbox to "X/S". Wikipedia- 2002 In Video Games- Best-Selling Games
    [2] RETCON: ITTL, Activision DOESN't buy Rare. Nintendo does instead. Microsoft doesn't ITTL because they'd be trying to figure out how to buy Sega.
    [3] All of it is from Wikipedia. Wikipedia- 2002 In Video Games- MetaCritic and GameRankings
    [4] ITTL, Lilo and Stitch and Treasure Planet switches release dates, but the former still gets good marketing, so it does become somewhat successful.
    [5] This movie introduced the famous "Lose Yourself" song by Eminem.

Now, with that, we only have four most posts left for 2002, one is an official surprise announcement, general news for December 2002, an look into the current Viacom-TImeWarner lawsuit and the Viagate scandal.

Yes I merged a lot of these into this one post. This is probably what I'm gonna do from now on unless it's major.

Thoughts?

It's Official(Black Friday 2002)
  • Disney and Universal to Set Industry-Changing Deal
    Excerpt from Variety - November 29th, 2002

The Walt Disney Company | DuckTales Wiki | Fandom
    File:Universal Pictures logo (2000).svg - Wikimedia Commons

Today, in an huge industry-changing deal, The Walt Disney Company has agreed to purchase Universal Pictures from French mass media conglomerate Vivendi for a estimated $6 billion dollars. With a deal this big, this forms a huge media titan to be reckoned with. Walt Disney president Michael Eisner says that this deal wasn't easy and that it was barely passed by regulators, but a mixture of cost-cutting and asset selling, they believe that the deal will revolutionize the entertainment industry.

"This deal changed everything, the future mergers and everything we have now, was started by Disney's purchase of Universal" - random person on Reddit; 2017

THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY AND UNIVERSAL PICTURES ANNOUNCES MERGER - (press release, November 29, 2002, New York City, NC)

The Walt Disney Company and Universal Pictures are pleased to announce their merger, effective immediately. This historic merger brings together two of the world's leading producers and providers of entertainment and media, creating a new powerhouse in the industry.

The merger will allow both companies to leverage their respective strengths and resources to create even more compelling content and experiences for audiences around the world. The new company will be able to invest in new technologies and platforms, expand its global reach, and continue to innovate and push the boundaries of what is possible in entertainment.

"We are thrilled to be joining forces with Universal Pictures," said Michael Eisner, CEO of The Walt Disney Company. "This merger represents a tremendous opportunity for both companies to create even more exciting and engaging content for audiences around the world. We look forward to working together to build a brighter future for our industry."

The new company will be led by a team of experienced executives from both The Walt Disney Company and Universal Pictures. The leadership team will be announced in the coming weeks.

The merger is subject to regulatory approval and other customary closing conditions. The companies expect the transaction to be completed by the end of the year.

About The Walt Disney Company:

The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise. The mission of The Walt Disney Company is to entertain, inform and inspire people around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, reflecting the iconic brands, creative minds and innovative technologies that make ours the world’s premier entertainment company.

About Universal Pictures:

Universal Pictures is one of the oldest and most successful movie studios in Hollywood. The company was established on June 8, 1912, formed in a merger of Independent Moving Pictures (IMP), the Powers Motion Picture Company, Rex Motion Picture Manufacturing Company, and others. Today, Universal Pictures is a subsidiary of Vivendi. Universal Pictures produces and distributes theatrical and non-theatrical filmed entertainment, including motion pictures, television programming, home video, and other media.

Citations:
    [1] https://thewaltdisneycompany.com
    [2] https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/investor-relations/
    [3] https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/about/
    [4] https://universalpictures.com

So now, I've edited this to include a official press release.

Thoughts?​

Last edited:
    A Little Somethin' Extra
  • Meanwhile, at EVERY other major media conglomerate..........

President, CEO and other executives:

".........................."

"Oh s**t".

"What are we gonna do?"​

Meanwhile, at Viacom:

View attachment 838001
    Les Moonves:
    "Well, wel, well, won'tcha look at that?, The House of Mouse is merging with one of the biggest movie studios in Hollywood".

Mr. Redstone:
    "Les, so what, we have to get everything in order, I KNOW you're not thinking what I'm thinking...."

Les Moonves:
    "Yep."
    {calls said secretary who he............did stuff with}

"Call my lawyers, we're killing the shit out of that Disney-Universal merger, as well as another lawsuit against TimeWarner."

Secretary:
    "But sir, we're already wasting money suing TimeWarner over the CNN report as is, and we're throwing more money trying to cover PR relations, keep Nickelodeon on cable systems across the country and trying to keep Don, it.........."

Les Moonves:
    "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!!!JUST DO IT!!!"

Secretary:
    "But sir, what are you even suing TimeWarner again for"?

Les Moonves:
    "To put that damn Cartoon Network down for the count, DON'T NO DAMN FAKE-A** NETWORK STEALS OUR AUDIENCE WITH STUPID R******D JAPANESE PROPAGANDA AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!"

Secretary:
    "Sir, that's simply the most dumbest shit I've ever heard in my ENT.........."

Les Moonves:
    "Listen here b****, I don't care, and if you EVER try to question or disobey my orders again, so hel....."

Secretary:
    "I'm done here, goodbye."
    {hangs up the phone}

Secretary:
    "I should REALLY consider quitting this damn job..........."​

Trey Parker and Matt Stone:
    View attachment 837998 View attachment 837999

Trey:
    "This is a bunch of bullshit Matt."

Matt:
    "You know what, in light of this shit, I've been on the phone with Warner Bros. to talk about moving our show to Cartoon Network to air on that new Adult Swim block they have".

Trey:
    "Yeah, and since WB still has half a stak with Viacom, it should be a bit easier".

Matt:
    "Damn right."

Trey and Matt"
    "We're about to show these greedy bastards REAL PAIN!"​

Meanwhile, at TimeWarner:

View attachment 838003
    Gerald M. Levin:

"You won't believe this, our stock is down AND Viacom wants to sue us because, and I quote "Cartoon Network has illegally stole Nickelodeon's audiences", I'm NOT making that last part up".

View attachment 838005
    Betty Cohen(President of Cartoon Network):
    "No way, that's beyond terrible, but on the other hand, we have seen increased success since this stuff has happened".

Sean Akins, Jason Demarco and Mike Lazzo:
    Toonami - Sean Akins Interview (2017) - YouTube
    Jason DeMarco - IMDb
    Mike Lazzo | Venture Brothers Wiki | Fandom

Mike Lazzo:
    "Yeah, this whole thing is a lot of s***, but I did hear that the guys who created South Park wants to try to bring the show to Adult Swim. I certainly think that the show would be huge for Adult Swim."

Akins and Demarco:
    "Yeah, and we got Yu-Gi-Oh! from Nick lined up for a January debut. Oh, and anything about that Saturday expansion?"

Betty Cohen:
    "Oh yes, great! Yu-Gi-Oh! will sure be a hit on the network, and we're still working on it!"

Mr. Levin:
    "Well, whatever we have to do, we gotta do!"​

Thoughts @TheFaultsofAlts @kirbopher15 @THEKINGFISH217 @Tacomaster?

December 2002 News
  • Viacom, Warner At It Again............
    Excerpt from New York Times - December 1st, 2002

Today, Viacom, the mass media conglomerate currently under hot fire, has announced intentions to file a second lawsuit against TimeWarner, this time, for claims that The Cartoon Network, TimeWarner's immensely popular cable animation network, has illegally bribed and sent promotional material across the airwaves to steal Nickelodeon's( Viacom's children's network suffering from declining ratings) audience from them with "over-commercialized Japanese propaganda disguised as animated series"(we must note that Nickelodeon has aired Japanese anime in the past and has even aired "Virtua Fighter" last year as well as "Yu-Gi-Oh!" over the past year, the latter of which is confirmed to move to Cartoon Network's Toonami block in January of 2003).

Viacom Sues To Block Disney-Universal Merger
    Excerpt from NBC News - December 3rd, 2002

Today, it has been confirmed that Viacom, the struggling media titan, owner of our competitors, CBS and UPN, as well as Paramount Pictures, Simon and Schuster, Blockbuster, MTV and Nickelodeon, has also sued both The Walt Disney Company and Vivendi in a attempt to block the announced merger between the two which would see two of the most influential entertainment studios combine forces to create the first mass media titan of the 21st century, a deal in which, has been in the making for over a year, will be determined for approval after Winter Break.

CBS Under Hot Fire Over Treatment of Dan Rather
    Excerpt from CNN - December 6th, 2002

Today and for the past month, the CBS television network, owned by our competitor at Viacom, who has sued us TWICE in the past 2 months, first, for revealing the developments ongoing at Nickelodeon, and now, for claiming that our very own Cartoon Network has been "illegally stealing Nickelodeon's audience with Japanese propaganda disguised as over-commercialized cartoons" has come under severe fire for their treatment of CBS News anchor Dan Rather.

Teen Boy Dead From Dangerous Stunt, Influenced By Reality TV Show
    Excerpt from WISH-TV; CBS Channel 8, Indianapolis, IN - December 15th, 2002

A local teenage boy, aged 18, has died from a serious injury from a dangerous stunt he performed Friday. The stunt in question, was a dare to run as fast as possible on ice while his group of several other friends started pushing him, but it took a more darker turn when the boy crashed into a deer, which turned hostile and mawed the boy, a representative said that only one of his friends, which stayed behind and told the other guys not to do it, immediately called his mother, which was preparing that night's dinner and 9-1-1 to get him help while the other guys fled the scene. The boy was pronounced dead on the scene. The other boys were arrested for assault and the boy who reported it was hailed as being the smart one to use their head, something which the boy who called 9-1-1 said that he got made fun of by his friends other than the boy who died. The stunt was inspired by the popular MTV series, "Jackass", where they do dangerous stunts. The show has been canceled as a result and MTV's ratings are suffering a decline. Renee Jameson, WISH8 News.

AWESOME!Mation Studios Announces New Plans for 2003
    Animation Magazine - December 21st, 2002

Today, the upstart AWESOME!Mation Studios cartoon studio, makers of the new Saturday morning show "Lydia of Naturi", has come forward with plans for the 2003 year. Plans for the year includes the start of production on a new untitled animated film with a undisclosed studio slated for release in 2005 as well as a new season of "Lydia of Naturi" for UPN's Saturday Morning lineup. New projects being worked on is a new Ren and Stimpy reboot, slated for a 2003/2004 release, an untitled action animated series and a new comedy series for Cartoon Network. The new comedy series, entitled "Pig and Owl" follows two animals, a pig named "Abby" and a owl named "Hooster" as they go on random adventures in a small town called "Ogstein Hills".

The new upstart studio, currently headed by Daniel Abbott, Don Bluth, Andi Summerton and John Kricfalusi(who is currently in rehab) hopes that the new studio will eventually become a major source of animated entertainment for people and fans across the world.

New Channel AXN Goes On The Air
    Excerpt from Variety - December 30th, 2002

Today, another new television network beams onto the screens of 30 million homes across the United States as AXN, a new male-aimed cable network, launches. AXN, a network owned by a joint venture of Sony Pictures Entertainment, Comcast and Liberty Media, will mainly fill it's schedule for it's first few days with a movie marathon, followed by several marathons from January 2nd to January 5th, then the network's full official schedule begins Monday Jan. 6th.

Microsoft, Sega Announces Animation Partnership
    Excerpt from IGN.com - December 31st, 2002

In what could be an interesting deal, Sega and Microsoft Game Studios has announced a plan to expand their gaming IPs into multimedia forms, whether movies, TV shows and animated adaptations. So far, an new Sonic the Hedgehog anime has been confirmed for a 2003 release in both Japan and North America, but who will dub it Stateside is unknown, but sources say that Fox Anime Entertainment(nee, Saban Entertainment), 4Kids Entertainment, Starboard Entertainment, Viz Media and ADV Films(who licensed and dubbed the Sonic the Hedgehog OVA) are amongst those in the choosing. Other notable adaptations include anime adaptations of Virtua Fighter, Phantasy Star, as well as a CG adaptation of Super Monkey Ball, a CG/anime hybrid of NiGHTS as well as Western animated adaptations of Ristar and Alex Kidd and a Western/Japanese animated co-pro of Blinx: The Time Sweeper. As of right now, this seems to have a clear focus on Sega properties, but time will tell on if Halo and the like will get a animated adaptation or so.

Top 10 Most Popular Christmas Gifts of 2002(In No Particular Order):
    1. Yu-Gi-Oh!
    2. Beyblades
    3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures
    4. Lord of the Rings figures
    5. LEGO Harry Potter/Bioncle
    6. Ray and Gerald: The Racing Brothers
    7. Microsoft-Sega X/S
    8. FurReal pets
    9. Bratz dolls
    10. PlayStation 2

Top 10 Most Popular Saturday Morning Cartoons of the 2002-03 Season(In No Particular Order)
    1. Pokemon(Kids' WB, Universal Kids)
    2. Static Shock(Kids' WB)
    3. X-Men: Evolution(Kids' WB)
    4. What's New Scooby-Doo?(Kids' WB, Cartoon Network)
    5. Ray and gerald: The Racing Brothers(Kids' WB)
    6. Buffy: The Animated Slayer Chronicles(Fox Kids, Fox Family)
    7. Ultimate Muscle(Fox Kids, Fox Family)
    8. Yu-Gi-Oh!(UPN, NickelodeonCartoon Network)
    9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(NBC)
    10. Beyblade(NBC)

Thoughts? @TheFaultsofAlts @UNIVERSAL.EXE @Tacomaster @THEKINGFISH217 @vl106 @kirbopher15 @Mr Red Stone @lukesams

Last edited:
    2002 In Review
  • 2002 In Review

2002 was a.......year to say the least. This was a year which saw a bunch of movies release such as Harry Potter 2, Treasure Planet, Lilo and Stitch, 8 Mile, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, Spider-Man, The Lord of the Rings 2, Star Wars: Episode II, Ice Age, Men In Black 2 and others, as well as new TV shows like The Shield, The Bachelor, George Lopez, Crank Yankers, American Idol, Monk, Dr. Phil, The Daily Buzz, 8 Simple Rules, Firefly and more. In addition, animation had some new stuff come out with the launch of several new cable networks that airs animation such as Universal Kids and Animax, while the medium would get Buffy: The Animated Slayer Chronicles, Jimmy Neutron, Codename: Kids Next Door, Kim Possible, Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Clone High among others. This year would also be major in news as the US introduced new safety and security laws and even created the Department of Homeland Security after the failed attempt at a terrorist attack was going to occur in New York in September 2001. In addition, this year had one major topic and scandal. The Viacom Scandal, later referred to by many as The Viagreed Incident occured with roots beginning in late 2001 when several Nicktoon creators filed lawsuits against Nickelodeon for unfair treatment. This later turned into a major scandal that affected the entire company and in October 2002, Viacom even sued TimeWarner. On the other hand, towards the end of the year, The Walt Disney Company and Vivendi announced a deal with would see the latter company split off Universal Pictures(including recently acquired USA Networks) and merge it into Disney, creating the first 21st century mass media company. While 2002 had it's ups and downs, we are starting to see a greedy and incompetent corporation go down.

[REDACTED]: Help, help, hel(mouth covered).

[MAN]: Now you knew the consequences of your actions. You shouldn't have never fucked me over like you did, and now, you're going to pay *****

A SNEAK PEAK OF WHAT'S TO COME.......................

Now that that's over.............We are now officially at the end of 2002, and at the end of the first act and it's been so much fun! Thank you all who supported my here on this TL so far, such as @TheFaultsofAlts, @THEKINGFISH217, @kirbopher15, @Nivek, @vl106, @Mr Red Stone, @NASCAR_Donuts2448, @Tacomaster, @UNIVERSAL.EXE, @ExowareMasses, @lukesams, @Sonny912, @Gavinworld12, @leap123, @Assouf, @Dude-a-Buck, @Lumi_rimu(AltHist) and everybody else that either liked this TL, gave me ideas, helped me or whatever, and I couldn't have made it as good this far without y'all.

This TL will be going on a bit of a hiatus. I have (now) 57 threadmarks here so far, mainly to come up with new ideas, to work on another project and to rejuvenate my creative juices. This TL will return, either for a small post or so once or so every month to reassure this TL isn't dead. I'll be back full-time in August.

This is me, @Otakuninja2006, signing off!

Possible Future of TL-2K23
  • Recently, I've been thinking long and hard about this TL, and I think I'm slowly starting to lose interest in this TL. This TL was supposed to start off as a mere AU where Fox Kids/Family continued after 2002, but it just way too out of hand way too fast, not to mention all the random ass-pulling and the whole "make stuff up as you go" thing isn't working as well, I think that I might put this on a indefinite hiatus, kinda like say, I don't know, a TL that isn't dead, but isn't being updated very often, like, a update like, randomly once or so a month. Hell, for the past few weeks, I have actually been thinking about rebooting the TL after we get thru 2003 to make this a somewhat more realistic TL. I don't know, but don't be surprised if this does die for real, but I will try to push thru.

The Future of TL-2K23
  • Hello. Recently(aka for the past 2 months), I have been trying to figure out what to do with this thing....I tried everything, ranging from abandoning it, to killing it, to revamping it, to restarting it and everything in between, however, another side of me often tells me to use other ideas I have to continue this TL.........

I know this has been a bit.....confusing, but I think I have a solution.....

I WILL continue the TL as is, but with an primary focus on these two things at the time: The Viacom Scandal and The Disney-Universal Merger.

Afterwards, this TL should go in a bit of a different direction.

You should expect a update about general events in the early part of 2003 before this weekend is out.

Thank You For Your Continued Support!

Early 2003 Overview
  • Suicide bombing kills 23 in Tel Aviv[1]
    -CNN

Air Midwest Flight 5481 crashes, killing all 21 passengers and crew members, including injuring 1 person on the ground[2]
    -CBS News

Space Shuttle Columbia disintegrates, killing all 7 astronauts[3]
    -ABC News

US Secretary of State Colin Powell discusses an military invasion of Iraq to the Bush administration and the United Nations[4]
    -The New Yorker

Major global anti-war protests takes place across the world in response to US/US allies plans to invade Iraq and overthrow Saddam Hussein[5]
    -BBC News

6.8M earthquake strikes Xinjiang kills 257 people[6]
    -ReliefWeb.net

George W. Bush gives Saddam Hussein an ultimatum to leave Iraq within 48 hours[7]
    -CNN

The Iraq War begins[8]
    -The New York Times

The rule of Saddam Hussein ends[9]
    -The New York Times

- All the links are numbered.

The Moment Is Here(January 2003)
  • (JUDGE #1)

"And now, for the final votes.........."

{VOTES ARE FINALIZED}

(JUDGE #2)

"Sorry guys, looks like the merger can't happen. You two together would be too big and we're still dealing with the Viacom scandal right now. Sorry, we really wanted the deal to go through, but perhaps it just isn't meant to be".

(MICHAEL EISNER)

"Damnit, I'm so screwed now"......

(UNIVERSAL'S PRESIDENT)

"Welp, looks like we're dead.........That damn French company should have sold us to Diller while we could.."​

(LES MOONVES)

"YES!!!!!! YES!!!!!!! IT WORKED!!! IT WORKED!!!!!"

(Secretary)

"Boss, this is ridiculous, nothing you did work.......They're gonna find out about what you did to the real judge who had the REAL final answer"

(MR. AND MS. REDSTONE)

"YOU DUMBASS YOU'RE GONNA GET US IN PRISON!!!!!"

(LES MOONVES)

"Oh.............."

(HERB SCANDELL)

"GUYS, QUICK, YOU HAVE TO HEAR THIS"

(MR. REDSTONE)

"WHAT IS IT"

(HERB SCANDELL)

"Oh boy.....how do I say this, but just..........turn to Nickelodeon RIGHT NOW........IF YOU DARE......"

...........................................​

So basically, yeah, the Disney-Universal merger finalization thing was sabotaged and it looks like something VERY BAD is on Nickelodeon....

What is it? Find out next chapter.

On the other hand, I started a new TL. It's called "Ohayo Tokyo".

Check it out now!