Honestly, the worst part of all this is the "magic talking mouse named Timothy". You'd think it would be a response to Pokemania at its peak, but however you make of it, that change just sucks.

I'd imagine Jerry Beck's documentary would be required viewing for the modern animation historian in training.

Honestly, the worst part of all this is the "magic talking mouse named Timothy". You'd think it would be a response to Pokemania at its peak, but however you make of it, that change just sucks.
I just thought of that change just to stray TL-2K23 away from being wish fulfillment, and also because Macekre was all too common in Western dubbing in the early 2000s.
I'd imagine Jerry Beck's documentary would be required viewing for the modern animation historian in training.
Yep

“Well then, let the death of Nickelodeon begin!” - Mike Lazzo upon hearing about the Viacom lawsuit
I read that in Dr. Weird (from Aqua Teen Hunger Force)'s voice, probably because of the two openings where Steve is ambushed by corn, also because Mike Lazzo is saying that
“You know, it’s a great thing that Nick got rid of all its cartoons. Now my new shows The LOL Factor and Bill’s Peanut Butter Jelly Time Show are rocking the ratings at Nick!” - Dan Schneider on the Late Show with David Letterman, two weeks before bombshell allegations of his [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] of Jamie Lynn Spears
What are The LOL Factor and Bill's Peanut Butter Jelly Time Show?

Hey @THEKINGFISH217, are the reactions ready?
Ummmmm......................

Okay, while we're waiting for the reactions, I'm here..................

Oh, NEVERMIND😉 @THEKINGFISH217!
“I hope Viacom loses the lawsuit. As a concerned parent hailing from the great state of Texas, I find Nickelodeon's SLAM action block to be nothing short of an abomination! It is an affront to the traditional values we hold dear in our households. Instead of fostering an environment of wholesome entertainment, they unleash a barrage of questionable anime and animated series on our impressionable children. Shows like 'Yu-Gi-Oh!', 'Rocket Power', and 'Virtua Fighter' are nothing but a gateway to the erosion of our traditional family values. And I’m glad that Nickelodeon is gonna get what they deserve!“ - A religious parent in Texas
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
  1. Whether or not Viacom loses............Y'all have to watch and find out.
  2. I mean, SLAM! isn't even that bad.......
  3. Ok..........Virtua Fighter, I can get, but Starboard Yu-Gi-Oh! is basically a slightly less censored equivalent of OTL's 4Kids dub, and Rocket Power? YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME WOMAN!!!!!!
  4. Well, I'm surprised she didn't compare this to Toonami.............
  5. Nick's gonna get what they deserve alright........
“My kids love the SLAM block on Nickelodeon! But this lawsuit that Viacom is pursuing is honestly childish and I fear that might end my kids’ favorite cartoons. Let’s just hope for the best that this will all blow over. I think Nickelodeon needs to embrace change and keep up with the evolving interests of our young viewers!" - A NORMAL AND SANE parent from New York
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Right, but after this and Nick goes through it's eventual rebuilding age, things are gonna be vastly different.......
“Man Nickelodeon ain’t cool no more! Not after they cancelled Invader Zim!” - A kid interviewed by local news
Joke's on the 6-11 year olds for not watching:
“Nick is just a bunch of conformist posers now that Invader Zim is gone. I’ll just go back to listening to Evanescence…..” - A goth teen on an online forum
Nice, but my goth "girlfriend" in Christ, Evanescence isn't out yet, but it will be VERY soon, and there WILL be a update for it.....

EDIT: HOLY CRAP.......Turns out they were already around..........................................Well, there's still a update coming......

Speaking of which, despite 9/11 not happening, My Chemical Romance still comes to being, but it's with a OC in the place of Gerald Way, who goes to pitch a original series to [REDACTED] in [REDACTED].
“Me and my husband just loved watching SpongeBob, but hearing about what’s happening at Nick right now, I’m not sure will keep watching it.” - A gay couple living in Burbank, California
Yeah. I'm surprised the show didn't air on Logo during it's earlier years......

For context, it was once a LGBTQ+ targeted network:
“Man, I hate how much Nick is airing their version of Yu-Gi-Oh! That magic talking mouse named Timothy was clearly meant to copy the success of SpongeBob.” - what we would call a weeb on 4Chan

Actually, there wasn't gonna be a talking mouse, but Nickelodeon FORCED Starboard to add Timothy into the dub, even despite Starboard telling them they couldn't do that.......

And were did this idea come from? Was there a talking mouse named Timothy IOTL?

So now, we can look forward to Konami suing them as well...............
“I hear people say Nickelodeon stopped being good after the Bite of ’02, but personally - that would imply that Nick wasn’t already on the decline by the late 90s.” - Betty Cohen in the 2018 documentary (Can’t) Do What You Want on Nick: The Fall of Nickelodeon
Right, with Cartoon Network coming up on them MUCH faster than they'd want with it's superior programming and the fact it was #2 at the time, it was only natural that CN would become #1.
“Well then, let the death of Nickelodeon begin!” - Mike Lazzo upon hearing about the Viacom lawsuit
Yep.
“Oh no! Anyways…” - Margaret Loesch, reacting to news of the lawsuit with schadenfreude
HA!

And what does "schadenfreude" mean?
“It was at that moment we knew - that Invader Zim could be our golden goose.” - Steve Mosko in the 2018 documentary (Can’t) Do What You Want on Nick: The Fall of Nickelodeon
Yep!

And ITTL, I'd have Sony try to get a stake in Slave Labor Graphics.
“You know, it’s a great thing that Nick got rid of all its cartoons. Now my new shows The LOL Factor and Bill’s Peanut Butter Jelly Time Show are rocking the ratings at Nick!” - Dan Schneider on the Late Show with David Letterman, two weeks before bombshell allegations of his [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] of Jamie Lynn Spears

OH MAN!

What is The LOL Factor and Bill's Peanut Butter Jelly Time Show about?

Either way, these are greenlit for a 2003 premiere on Nick!
“How on Earth did the same network behind the likes of Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold, All That, and Clarissa Explains it All fall so low?” - Jerry Beck, in the introduction of his 2018 documentary (Can’t) Do What You Want on Nick: The Fall of Nickelodeon
Terrible management and not changing with the times....

I guess they DID kinda try with SLAM! here, but still............
Sorry this entry was a little late guys, I had a bad combination of being very busy and having severe writer's block. I tried using ChatGPT to help, but it kept spitting out half-assed dialogue, so I just went "fuck it" and actually wrote without the use of it. Hope my writing quality didn't go down...
It's actually okay.

Now I can write my next updates..........

1. Notable Gamecube Games 2001-02
  2. Cartoon Network 10th Anniversary Retrospective
  3. Animax: Get Animated To The Max
  4. Tensions at TimeWarner
  5. Fox Family Review
  6. Verknupfung
  7. Holiday 2002 Movies
  8. G4: TV 4 Gamers
  9. It's Actually Happening.......(Black Friday 2002)
  10. Notable PS2 Games 2000-02
  11. Notable X/S Games 2001-02
  12. Christmas 2002
  13. What's Going On Now?
  14. Kid-Vid In 2002
  15. AXN America
  16. Happy New Year 2003!
Also, the Bite of '02 refers to the initial cancellations.
Figured.
Right..........
"At first, we specifically told Nickelodeon that we weren't adding a mouse into the show, but they insisted, so yeah, that's how the story of Timothy came to be. If it wasn't for them, then Timothy wouldn't have even came into fruition". -Riski Mizama in the 2018 documentary (Can’t) Do What You Want on Nick: The Fall of Nickelodeon.
Same here.
I just thought of that change just to stray TL-2K23 away from being wish fulfillment, and also because Macekre was all too common in Western dubbing in the early 2000s.

Yep
Well, you succeeded. I don't want to know at what, but you succeeded.
Yeah......................
I read that in Dr. Weird (from Aqua Teen Hunger Force)'s voice, probably because of the two openings where Steve is ambushed by corn, also because Mike Lazzo is saying that
What openings?
I dunno, but the concepts are funny enough that they should become official shows just to make this TL better!

Oh, and sorry for taking so long to post this.

What openings?
In Aqua Teen Hunger Force Seasons 1-2, the intro is always preceded by a short scene with mad scientist Dr. Weird and his assistant Steve, both voiced by the late C. Martin Croker

Two episodes (Circus and Love Mummy, specifically) begin with Dr. Weird presenting corn, which pin Steve to the wall

5. Fox Family Review
  6. Verknupfung
  7. Holiday 2002 Movies
  12. Christmas 2002
  13. What's Going On Now?
  14. Kid-Vid In 2002
  15. AXN America
  16. Happy New Year 2003!
So, these are basically what's up for the rest of 2002.

The Gamecube one will actually be the next one, either later tonight or tomorrow as well as the PS2 and X/S games one, all between tonight and Friday, with the CN retrospective on Friday, then Animax on Saturday.

Next week, we have the Fox Family review on Memorial Day, a review of the new game Verknupfung on Wednesday with tensions rising up at TimeWarner next Friday, then it's the launch of G4 and something that will shake the ENTIRE entertainment industry forever and inspire huge events on the same day.

Then, a update on the 2002 Holiday season and the movies of that season, then a update on the whole mess and the kidvid scene, with the launch of AXN in America, then we go to 2003.

Oh, and Family Is Universal has been scrapped. It's just a lot and I don't really feel as interested in it as I thought.

Either I might try to make another new TL this summer, or just put all of my energies into this one and wait until Fall to make the new TL.

Hopefully, I can get the rest of 2002 out of the way by the week after next.

In Aqua Teen Hunger Force Seasons 1-2, the intro is always preceded by a short scene with mad scientist Dr. Weird and his assistant Steve, both voiced by the late C. Martin Croker

Two episodes (Circus and Love Mummy, specifically) begin with Dr. Weird presenting corn, which pin Steve to the wall
Oh yeah, I always wondered what those openings were.

The LOL Factor is a variety show about a group of teens in their attempt to get famous over the internet. Every time they do something stupid on camera they all simultaneously say "LOL, SO RANDOM"!

Bill’s Peanut Butter Jelly Time Show is kinda like a boy-oriented iCarly meets Wayne’s World - about a group of teens running their own television station.

The LOL Factor is a variety show about a group of teens in their attempt to get famous over the internet. Every time they do something stupid on camera they all simultaneously say "LOL, SO RANDOM"!

Bill’s Peanut Butter Jelly Time Show is kinda like a boy-oriented iCarly meets Wayne’s World - about a group of teens running their own television station.
Looks like something Nick would like.

They're coming in 2003.

Speaking of B'sPB&JTS, maybe they could make a deal with the guys who made this song to use it:

The song would get more famous than it was IOTL that way, but not really.......
Might want to remove it from your signature then
I am.

3. Ok..........Virtua Fighter, I can get, but Starboard Yu-Gi-Oh! is basically a slightly less censored equivalent of OTL's 4Kids dub, and Rocket Power? YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME WOMAN!!!!!!

Right, but after this and Nick goes through it's eventual rebuilding age, things are gonna be vastly different.......

Nice, but my goth "girlfriend" in Christ, Evanescence isn't out yet, but it will be VERY soon, and there WILL be a update for it.....

EDIT: HOLY CRAP.......Turns out they were already around..........................................Well, there's still a update coming......

Speaking of which, despite 9/11 not happening, My Chemical Romance still comes to being, but it's with a OC in the place of Gerald Way, who goes to pitch a original series to [REDACTED] in [REDACTED].

Actually, there wasn't gonna be a talking mouse, but Nickelodeon FORCED Starboard to add Timothy into the dub, even despite Starboard telling them they couldn't do that.......

Right, with Cartoon Network coming up on them MUCH faster than they'd want with it's superior programming and the fact it was #2 at the time, it was only natural that CN would become #1.

Yep.

HA!

Yep!

OH MAN!

It's actually okay.

5. Fox Family Review
  6. Verknupfung
  7. Holiday 2002 Movies
  12. Christmas 2002
  13. What's Going On Now?
  14. Kid-Vid In 2002
  15. AXN America
  16. Happy New Year 2003!

Figured.

Right..........

Same here.

What openings?

I dunno, but the concepts are funny enough that they should become official shows just to make this TL better!

@THEKINGFISH217, are you here?

Yep.

HA!

Yep!

OH MAN!

It's actually okay.

5. Fox Family Review
  6. Verknupfung
  7. Holiday 2002 Movies
  12. Christmas 2002
  13. What's Going On Now?
  14. Kid-Vid In 2002
  15. AXN America
  16. Happy New Year 2003!

Figured.

Right..........

Same here.

What openings?

1. Evanescence's best known song "Bring Me to Life" came out in early 2003, so I was close. Also "my goth girlfriend in christ" I'm a boy.
2. No there wasn't a mouse named Timothy. I just made that up.
3. schadenfreude - pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.
4. Do you need me to make any new posts? I would prefer that I continue to focus on my own TL if you wouldn't mind.

1. Evanescence's best known song "Bring Me to Life" came out in early 2003, so I was close.
Right.
Also "my goth girlfriend in christ" I'm a boy.
Actually, that was a reference to the goth kid that posted about Invader Zim, I was trying to add some more spice to the TL.
2. No there wasn't a mouse named Timothy. I just made that up.
Oh...................
3. schadenfreude - pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.
Ok.
4. Do you need me to make any new posts? I would prefer that I continue to focus on my own TL if you wouldn't mind.
Well, for now, no.

Also, I gotta new TL idea.........

What If Sony launched either Kids Station or Pop into the United States?

Thoughts?

Right.

Actually, that was a reference to the goth kid that posted about Invader Zim, I was trying to add some more spice to the TL.

Oh...................

Ok.

Well, for now, no.

Also, I gotta new TL idea.........

What If Sony launched either Kids Station or Pop into the United States?

Thoughts?
Maybe but I think it would be best to focus your energy on this timeline

Bite of ’02
Is that a FNAF reference, my guy/girl/whathaveyou?
“Oh no! Anyways…” - Margaret Loesch
apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpg

“Me and my husband just loved watching SpongeBob, but hearing about what’s happening at Nick right now, I’m not sure will keep watching it.” - A gay couple living in Burbank, California
“Man, I hate how much Nick is airing their version of Yu-Gi-Oh! That magic talking mouse named Timothy was clearly meant to copy the success of SpongeBob.” - what we would call a weeb on 4Chan
“How on Earth did the same network behind the likes of Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold, All That, and Clarissa Explains it All fall so low?” - Jerry Beck, in the introduction of his 2018 documentary (Can’t) Do What You Want on Nick: The Fall of Nickelodeon
The world is a fickle thing, folks.

Is Viacom just doing what WBD is doing but worse?

Looks like something Nick would like.

They're coming in 2003.

Speaking of B'sPB&JTS, maybe they could make a deal with the guys who made this song to use it:

The song would get more famous than it was IOTL that way, but not really.......
Cool.

All around, good stuff.

Interested in these updates:
  • Notable Gamecube Games 2001-02
  • Cartoon Network 10th Anniversary Retrospective
  • Animax: Get Animated To The Max
  • Tensions at TimeWarner
  • Fox Family Review
  • G4: TV 4 Gamers
  • It's Actually Happening.......(Black Friday 2002)
  • Notable PS2 Games 2000-02
  • Notable X/S Games 2001-02
  • Kid-Vid In 2002
  • AXN America

Is that a FNAF reference, my guy/girl/whathaveyou?
I think so.....
Ouch...........
The world is a fickle thing, folks.
Yep...........
Is Viacom just doing what WBD is doing but worse?
I think what Viacom's doing RN ITTL is tame, but it's gonna get worse, so that's up to you.......
Cool.

All around, good stuff.

Interested in these updates:
Yep.

Thanks!

Cartoon Network's 10th Anniversary
Cartoon Network Ads — Invitation for the launch of CN at october 1, 1992...

An ad for a special event to celebrate the launch of Cartoon Network in 1992.

Ah, Cartoon Network, the animation fan's paradise. Classic rerun channel-turned animation powerhouse that's now the highest rated network amongst kids and is constantly in the Top 10 with adults, this network has served every animation fan in America with high quality animation since it's inception in 1992, but today, we're going into the network's history and how it managed to become such a massive household name in just 10 years.​

1991-1995
In 1991, Hanna-Barbera, the famous animation studio, was sold to Ted Turner(Turner Broadcasting) after beating Hallmark and Universal for the studio and library. This resulted in the launch of Cartoon Network the following year on October 1st, 1992. At first, the network initially aired content from the Hanna-Barbera, Ruby-Spears, MGM/TUrner and AAP animation libraries. Despite only being available in a low amount of homes at first, the network quickly became a huge hit, but during this time period, the network mainly was all-reruns, however, The Moxy Show and Space Ghost: Coast 2 Coast would also bring the network front and center in the growing animation renaissance with the latter even establishing the network's popularity amongst young adults, being one of the factors behind the network's decision to eventually target older audiences, but that will come a bit later. In 1995, the network started a new animated anthology series called World Premiere Cartoons, or What A Cartoon! that led to some of Cartoon Network's most famous original series to date.​

1996-2001
Between 1995 and 1996, Turner Broadcasting merged with TimeWarner, thus giving the former more resources, money and programming. This was especially true for Cartoon Network, as many of the WB/DC cartoons began airing on Cartoon Network en masse during this time, making the network a bigger place for animation. 1996 also gave birth to the first series in the "Cartoon Cartoons" line, Dexter's Laboratory. 1997 would also give us a new action animation block named Toonami, initially hosted by Space Ghost villain Moltar, now hosted by a robot named T.O.M.(Toonami Operations Module), voiced by Steve Blum, also the voice of Spike Spiegel, the block hosted a variety of action animation, but is most famous for airing anime, thus, along with the smash phenonom Pokemon, the rise of DVDs and the internet, started the anime boom. Over the next few years, Cartoon Network would become even more of a animation powerhouse, giving Nickelodeon and the Saturday Morning blocks a run for their money with blocks like The Midnight Run, The RIsing Sun and Cartoon Cartoon Fridays along with shows like Ed, Edd 'n Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing.

2001-present
Now, Cartoon Network is at it's prime. Adult Swim launched in 2001, giving their huge adult audience a place to watch cartoons made and marketed JUST for them. Boomerang, the classic cartoon block, got expanded into it's own channel. Toonami is now getting some of the highest ratings on the channel an even led to the recent launch of CNX, a new network meant for older audiences that enjoy the mature action and comedy content already on Cartoon Network. And now, with Nickelodeon's decline, Cartoon Network is now becoming one of the most popular network for kids in America.

And by God are there plans for next year.....Next year, several new shows premiere, such as Billy and Mandy(a spin-off from Grim and Evil), the WBA/DC/CN co=pro Teen Titans, an expansion for Toonami and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Safe to say, things are looking bright for The Best Place For Cartoons.

Great job, and here's to another 10 years of the best cartoons on the planet!​

Last edited: