Well, I was close.

I don't know either.

Thank you.

Fair enough.

Yep.

So am I.

Sure. Hanna-Barbera Productions for the IP-based adaptations and Cartoon Network originals, Williams Street for the Adult Swim and Toonami originals, and Warner Bros. Animation for both WB-owned IP and some Williams Street originals on the side. That works quite well, actually.

Okay.
Ok.

UPDATE
New development.

Future posts(mot talking about a specific topic) will be merged into one or two huge posts......

These will contain info, minor news, facts, sayings amongst other things, so now, there won't have to be as much as I have to do for this TL.

What it will actually look like, you'll see either tomorrow or Tuesday.

November 2002 News
Highest-Selling Video Games of 2002[1]
  1. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City(PS2, Windows, X/S, Mac OS X, Android, iOS, Fire OS) - Rockstar - 5,796,677+
  2. 2002 FIFA World Cup(PS1, PS2, X/S, Windows, GameCube) - EA Sports - 3,500,000+
  3. Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire(GBA) - Nintendo/Game Freak - 3,197,762
  4. Madden NFL 2003(PS1, PS2, X/S, GameCube, GBA) - EA Sports - 3,194,065+
  5. Kingdom Hearts(PS2) - Disney, Squaresoft - 3,190,152+
  6. FIFA Football 2003(PS1, PS2, X/S, Windows, Mobile, GameCube, GBA) - EA Sports - 2,761,238+
  7. Grand Theft Auto II(PS2, Windows, X/S, Mac OS X, Android, iOS, Fire OS) - Rockstar - 2,712,997+
  8. Pro Evolution Soccer 2(PS1, PS2, GameCube) - Konami - 2,693,519+
  9. Spider-Man(PS2, Gamecube, GBA, Windows, X/S) - Activision[2] - 2,287,038+
  10. Super Mario Sunshine(Gamecube) - Nintendo - 2,172,821+

Most Critically- Acclaimed Video Games Of 2002[3]
  1. Metroid Prime -(GameCube) - 97/100
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker -(GameCube)- 96/100
  3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City -(Multiplatform) - 95/100
  4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Four Swords -(GameCube)- 95/100
  5. Madden NFL 2003 -(Multiplatform)- 95/100
  6. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 -(Multiplatform)- 94/100
  7. Virtua Fighter 4 -(Microsoft-Sega X/S)- 94/100
  8. Grand Theft Auto II -(Multiplatform)- 93/100
  9. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell -(Multiplatform)- 93/100
  10. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos -(PC)- 92/100

Verknupfung

Released: November 8th, 2002[NA], November 30th, 2003{EU], December 6th, 2002{JP}, December 9th, 2002{AU}, January 3rd, 2003{Rest of the World]
Platforms: Nintendo GameCube, Microsoft-Sega X/S

Verkunpfung is a fantasy RPG that takes place in a world where magic is an integral part of society. The game revolves around a group of adventurers who are tasked with preventing an evil sorcerer from acquiring an ancient artifact that would give him control over the elements themselves.

As the players explore the world of Verkunpfung, they will encounter a wide range of different creatures and cultures, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses. They will need to rely on both their combat skills and their problem-solving abilities to overcome the many challenges that lie ahead.

Overall, Verkunpfung is a rich and immersive world that offers players a wide range of different gameplay experiences. Whether you prefer combat, exploration, or puzzle-solving, there is something here for everyone.

Overall, the game gets a 7/10.

ESRB Ratings | GameStop

RATED E10 FOR EVERYONE AGES 10 AND UP

Top 5 Thanksgiving 2002 Movies(at least IMO)
  1. Lilo and Stitch (Walt Disney Pictures/Walt Disney Feature Animation)[4]
  2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Warner Bros. Pictures)
  3. The Santa Clause 2 (Walt Disney Pictures)
  4. 8 Crazy Nights (Sony Pictures)
  5. 8 Mile (Universal Pictures)[5]

New Gaming-themed Cable Network Now On the Air
G4 (American TV network) - Wikipedia

G4, the new cable television network devoted to video games and gaming culture, has officially landed on the air. After a new deal with Comcast, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Liberty Media delayed the network's originally scheduled April 2002 launch(mainly to try and score more programming and more carriage for it's launch), the new network is now on the air and is available in an estimated 30 million households nationwide. The network is basically like technology-based rival, TechTV, but more like MTV, and skews younger, and is more based on video games. In addition to several original series, the network has also acquired the rights to various video game-based animated series to air during the daytime hours when normal primetime programming isn't expected to air. The network's launch shows are as follows:
  • Blister: Show themed around action/adventure games.
  • Cheat!: Show themed around video game cheats and tricks.
  • Cinematech: Unique from the rest of this channel, this has no narration, and shows trailers, cutscenes and clips from various video games.
  • Filter: An top 10 game show.
  • G4tv.com: Video game talk show.
  • Icons: Video game documentary series.
  • Judgement Day: Video game review show.
  • Game On!: Video game competition show.
  • Players: Show where celebrities were interviewed whether or not they played video games.
  • Pulse: Gaming news show.
  • Portal: Machinima series.
  • Arena: Multiplayer online gaming show.
  • Sweat: Sports game show.
In addition to the original launch shows(all from OTL), the network also airs several animated series based on video games, mainly during daytime hours, those shows are:
  • Pole Position
  • The Super Mario Bros. Super Show
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Captain N: The Game Master
  • The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario World
  • The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic the Hedgehog(SatAM)
  • Double Dragon
  • Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego?
  • Sonic Underground
So, while the network may seem a bit redundant in terms of programming at first, but I can guarantee you that this network has TONS of potential. We all just hope they use it properly.

[1] All of them is from Wikipedia's page. I just changed the Xbox to "X/S". Wikipedia- 2002 In Video Games- Best-Selling Games
[2] RETCON: ITTL, Activision DOESN't buy Rare. Nintendo does instead. Microsoft doesn't ITTL because they'd be trying to figure out how to buy Sega.
[3] All of it is from Wikipedia. Wikipedia- 2002 In Video Games- MetaCritic and GameRankings
[4] ITTL, Lilo and Stitch and Treasure Planet switches release dates, but the former still gets good marketing, so it does become somewhat successful.
[5] This movie introduced the famous "Lose Yourself" song by Eminem.

Now, with that, we only have four most posts left for 2002, one is an official surprise announcement, general news for December 2002, an look into the current Viacom-TImeWarner lawsuit and the Viagate scandal.

Yes I merged a lot of these into this one post. This is probably what I'm gonna do from now on unless it's major.

Thoughts?

Highest-Selling Video Games of 2002[1]
  1. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City(PS2, Windows, X/S, Mac OS X, Android, iOS, Fire OS) - Rockstar - 5,796,677+
  2. 2002 FIFA World Cup(PS1, PS2, X/S, Windows, GameCube) - EA Sports - 3,500,000+
  3. Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire(GBA) - Nintendo/Game Freak - 3,197,762
  4. Madden NFL 2003(PS1, PS2, X/S, GameCube, GBA) - EA Sports - 3,194,065+
  5. Kingdom Hearts(PS2) - Disney, Squaresoft - 3,190,152+
  6. FIFA Football 2003(PS1, PS2, X/S, Windows, Mobile, GameCube, GBA) - EA Sports - 2,761,238+
  7. Grand Theft Auto II(PS2, Windows, X/S, Mac OS X, Android, iOS, Fire OS) - Rockstar - 2,712,997+
  8. Pro Evolution Soccer 2(PS1, PS2, GameCube) - Konami - 2,693,519+
  9. Spider-Man(PS2, Gamecube, GBA, Windows, X/S) - Activision[2] - 2,287,038+
  10. Super Mario Sunshine(Gamecube) - Nintendo - 2,172,821+
I'm surprised the Gamecube actually got into the Top 10 without multiplatform titles.

Most Critically- Acclaimed Video Games Of 2002[3]
  1. Metroid Prime -(GameCube) - 97/100
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker -(GameCube)- 96/100
  3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City -(Multiplatform) - 95/100
  4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Four Swords -(GameCube)- 95/100
  5. Madden NFL 2003 -(Multiplatform)- 95/100
  6. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 -(Multiplatform)- 94/100
  7. Virtua Fighter 4 -(Microsoft-Sega X/S)- 94/100
  8. Grand Theft Auto II -(Multiplatform)- 93/100
  9. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell -(Multiplatform)- 93/100
  10. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos -(PC)- 92/100
I am quite glad that the Gamecube has the gold and silver awards for critical acclaim this year. No relation to an earlier Pokemon generation, by the way.

Also, if the X/S doesn't have Halo at launch, Virtua Fighter 4 is good enough for their sales.

Verknupfung

Released: November 8th, 2002[NA], November 30th, 2003{EU], December 6th, 2002{JP}, December 9th, 2002{AU}, January 3rd, 2003{Rest of the World]
Platforms: Nintendo GameCube, Microsoft-Sega X/S

Verkunpfung is a fantasy RPG that takes place in a world where magic is an integral part of society. The game revolves around a group of adventurers who are tasked with preventing an evil sorcerer from acquiring an ancient artifact that would give him control over the elements themselves.

As the players explore the world of Verkunpfung, they will encounter a wide range of different creatures and cultures, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses. They will need to rely on both their combat skills and their problem-solving abilities to overcome the many challenges that lie ahead.

Overall, Verkunpfung is a rich and immersive world that offers players a wide range of different gameplay experiences. Whether you prefer combat, exploration, or puzzle-solving, there is something here for everyone.

Overall, the game gets a 7/10.

View attachment 836367

RATED E10 FOR EVERYONE AGES 10 AND UP
Having this game go right past the PS2 is a victory for Scrimblo gamers.

Top 5 Thanksgiving 2002 Movies(at least IMO)
  1. Lilo and Stitch (Walt Disney Pictures/Walt Disney Feature Animation)[4]
  2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Warner Bros. Pictures)
  3. The Santa Clause 2 (Walt Disney Pictures)
  4. 8 Crazy Nights (Sony Pictures)
  5. 8 Mile (Universal Pictures)[5]
I also think this is a good Top 5 for the Thanksgiving box office. Lilo and Stitch, Harry Potter, The Santa Clause, and Eight Crazy Nights are a good quartet. At least that fourth one could be seen as a step towards making adult animation mainstream without being based on a TV show.

New Gaming-themed Cable Network Now On the Air
G4 (American TV network) - Wikipedia

G4, the new cable television network devoted to video games and gaming culture, has officially landed on the air. After a new deal with Comcast, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Liberty Media delayed the network's originally scheduled April 2002 launch(mainly to try and score more programming and more carriage for it's launch), the new network is now on the air and is available in an estimated 30 million households nationwide. The network is basically like technology-based rival, TechTV, but more like MTV, and skews younger, and is more based on video games. In addition to several original series, the network has also acquired the rights to various video game-based animated series to air during the daytime hours when normal primetime programming isn't expected to air. The network's launch shows are as follows:
  • Blister: Show themed around action/adventure games.
  • Cheat!: Show themed around video game cheats and tricks.
  • Cinematech: Unique from the rest of this channel, this has no narration, and shows trailers, cutscenes and clips from various video games.
  • Filter: An top 10 game show.
  • G4tv.com: Video game talk show.
  • Icons: Video game documentary series.
  • Judgement Day: Video game review show.
  • Game On!: Video game competition show.
  • Players: Show where celebrities were interviewed whether or not they played video games.
  • Pulse: Gaming news show.
  • Portal: Machinima series.
  • Arena: Multiplayer online gaming show.
  • Sweat: Sports game show.
Assuming all of these are 30 minutes each, that's enough for at least three two-hour blocks over the week, or two four-hour blocks a week.

My personal favorite shows? Cheat!, Cinematech, Icons, Players, and Portal. I'd even go as far to say Players deserves a reboot in the modern day.
In addition to the original launch shows(all from OTL), the network also airs several animated series based on video games, mainly during daytime hours, those shows are:
  • Pole Position
  • The Super Mario Bros. Super Show
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Captain N: The Game Master
  • The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario World
  • The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic the Hedgehog(SatAM)
  • Double Dragon
  • Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego?
  • Sonic Underground
So, while the network may seem a bit redundant in terms of programming at first, but I can guarantee you that this network has TONS of potential. We all just hope they use it properly.
All the Mario and Sonic cartoons, plus Zelda, Captain N, Carmen Sandiego, and Double Dragon. As far as game-based cartoons are concerned, G4's got the good stuff.

Still, if we're going to talk with DiC Entertainment, Nintendo of America, Sega of America, and Broderbund, why not go all the way on the adaptation library?
  • Arc the Lad
  • Dragon Warrior
  • Monster Rancher
  • Power Stone
  • Sakura Wars
  • Street Fighter II V
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Ys
  • Darkstalkers (Both American and Japanese cartoons)
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Saturday Supercade (Especially Donkey Kong and Q*Bert)
  • Earthworm Jim
  • Dragon's Lair
  • Mega Man (Ruby-Spears series)
  • Mutant League
  • Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm
  • Wing Commander Academy
  • Pac-Man
  • Rayman: The Animated Series
  • Street Fighter: The Animated Series
  • Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
  • Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?
  • Maniac Mansion (live-action series)
  • A*mazing (Australian game show)
Yes, I would be willing to pull out all the stops for the daytime and late-night hours to be filled on G4.

[1] All of them is from Wikipedia's page. I just changed the Xbox to "X/S". Wikipedia- 2002 In Video Games- Best-Selling Games
[2] RETCON: ITTL, Activision DOESN't buy Rare. Nintendo does instead. Microsoft doesn't ITTL because they'd be trying to figure out how to buy Sega.
[3] All of it is from Wikipedia. Wikipedia- 2002 In Video Games- MetaCritic and GameRankings
[4] ITTL, Lilo and Stitch and Treasure Planet switches release dates, but the former still gets good marketing, so it does become somewhat successful.
[5] This movie introduced the famous "Lose Yourself" song by Eminem.
The Wikipedia reports are in order, and at least no one made any joke edits beforehand.

Nintendo buys Rare in this world? Well, if I get tired of watching Disney Channel or Cartoon Network, at least I have more Gamecube and GBA games to look forward to ITTL.

Both Lilo and Stitch & Treasure Planet are notable movies for the Disney Animated Canon, and to be fair for the switch that occurs, having the latter as a summer blockbuster, while the former takes advantage of the holidays, does match up better with their tones. I'd also argue the longer wait time for Stitch could result in him invading other Disney movies on top of the four already established in the marketing.

8 Mile being the introductory movie for that song does make sense.

Now, with that, we only have four most posts left for 2002, one is an official surprise announcement, general news for December 2002, an look into the current Viacom-TImeWarner lawsuit and the Viagate scandal.

Yes I merged a lot of these into this one post. This is probably what I'm gonna do from now on unless it's major.

Thoughts?
I'd say the merged posts actually compliment each other well in this case, and it doesn't give Viacom vs. WB any compromises. Go forward with this format for the smaller stuff.

I'm surprised the Gamecube actually got into the Top 10 without multiplatform titles.

I am quite glad that the Gamecube has the gold and silver awards for critical acclaim this year. No relation to an earlier Pokemon generation, by the way.
Same here.
Also, if the X/S doesn't have Halo at launch, Virtua Fighter 4 is good enough for their sales.
Oh, Halo is still around, and it DEFINITELY becomes a big property for Microsoft and Sega.
Having this game go right past the PS2 is a victory for Scrimblo gamers.
Yeah, but what's Scrimblo?

Oh, and for now, Asobu doesn't really put their games on the PS2. Maybe either later on in the PS2 era or in the PS3 era, I might have them release a game on PlayStation.
I also think this is a good Top 5 for the Thanksgiving box office. Lilo and Stitch, Harry Potter, The Santa Clause, and Eight Crazy Nights are a good quartet. At least that fourth one could be seen as a step towards making adult animation mainstream without being based on a TV show.
Actually, that movie didn't do too well and stuff, so now I'm going to have to edit that.

And I was also basing that off my personal preferences and stuff.
Assuming all of these are 30 minutes each, that's enough for at least three two-hour blocks over the week, or two four-hour blocks a week.
Well, most of them did premiere daily at first, and I'm not sure, as it seems to be little schedule information from 2002, but from some 2004 schedules from when they merged with TechTV IOTL(a merger that's probably gonna be butterflied ITTL, mainly due to G4 having more distribution from day 1), I can tell that most of them were a half-hour.
My personal favorite shows? Cheat!, Cinematech, Icons, Players, and Portal. I'd even go as far to say Players deserves a reboot in the modern day.
Right, but I think Cinematech is my favorite out of all of them along with Icons.

Like, a show that's basically "Video Games: The TV Show".....
All the Mario and Sonic cartoons, plus Zelda, Captain N, Carmen Sandiego, and Double Dragon. As far as game-based cartoons are concerned, G4's got the good stuff.
Yep.
Still, if we're going to talk with DiC Entertainment, Nintendo of America, Sega of America, and Broderbund, why not go all the way on the adaptation library?
  • Arc the Lad
  • Dragon Warrior
  • Monster Rancher
  • Power Stone
  • Sakura Wars
  • Street Fighter II V
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Ys
  • Darkstalkers (Both American and Japanese cartoons)
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Saturday Supercade (Especially Donkey Kong and Q*Bert)
  • Earthworm Jim
  • Dragon's Lair
  • Mega Man (Ruby-Spears series)
  • Mutant League
  • Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm
  • Wing Commander Academy
  • Pac-Man
  • Rayman: The Animated Series
  • Street Fighter: The Animated Series
  • Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
  • Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?
  • Maniac Mansion (live-action series)
  • A*mazing (Australian game show)
Yes, I would be willing to pull out all the stops for the daytime and late-night hours to be filled on G4.
I was actually going with what they already had from DiC Wikipedia page, what Sony already had and what Animax already had. They need the budget for more shows.

And what are some of these shows?
The Wikipedia reports are in order, and at least no one made any joke edits beforehand.

Nintendo buys Rare in this world? Well, if I get tired of watching Disney Channel or Cartoon Network, at least I have more Gamecube and GBA games to look forward to ITTL.
Right, and I have something special I want to do for Cartoon Network next year that I was gonna do for Nick, but considering that network's going down the gutter, I decided to do it on CN.
Both Lilo and Stitch & Treasure Planet are notable movies for the Disney Animated Canon, and to be fair for the switch that occurs, having the latter as a summer blockbuster, while the former takes advantage of the holidays, does match up better with their tones. I'd also argue the longer wait time for Stitch could result in him invading other Disney movies on top of the four already established in the marketing.

8 Mile being the introductory movie for that song does make sense.
Right.
I'd say the merged posts actually compliment each other well in this case, and it doesn't give Viacom vs. WB any compromises. Go forward with this format for the smaller stuff.
Thanks.

Oh, Halo is still around, and it DEFINITELY becomes a big property for Microsoft and Sega.
Great!
Yeah, but what's Scrimblo?
Oh, and for now, Asobu doesn't really put their games on the PS2. Maybe either later on in the PS2 era or in the PS3 era, I might have them release a game on PlayStation.
Sounds good to me.
Actually, that movie didn't do too well and stuff, so now I'm going to have to edit that.
Shame, really.
And I was also basing that off my personal preferences and stuff.
I saw that. I just thought it's a good rank for that season outside of personal opinions.
Well, most of them did premiere daily at first, and I'm not sure, as it seems to be little schedule information from 2002, but from some 2004 schedules from when they merged with TechTV IOTL(a merger that's probably gonna be butterflied ITTL, mainly due to G4 having more distribution from day 1), I can tell that most of them were a half-hour.
Well, that covers all the primetime hours, at least.
Right, but I think Cinematech is my favorite out of all of them along with Icons.

Like, a show that's basically "Video Games: The TV Show".....
Honestly, I agree with that. I just wanted to give the more informative aspect some respect.
I was actually going with what they already had from DiC Wikipedia page, what Sony already had and what Animax already had. They need the budget for more shows.
Fair point.
And what are some of these shows?
This page could help with that.
Just click on the links for shows you're unsure about.
Right, and I have something special I want to do for Cartoon Network next year that I was gonna do for Nick, but considering that network's going down the gutter, I decided to do it on CN.
Great.

Great!

Sounds good to me.

Shame, really.

I saw that. I just thought it's a good rank for that season outside of personal opinions.

Well, that covers all the primetime hours, at least.

Honestly, I agree with that. I just wanted to give the more informative aspect some respect.

Fair point.

This page could help with that.
Just click on the links for shows you're unsure about.

Great.
Thanks!

It's Official(Black Friday 2002)
Disney and Universal to Set Industry-Changing Deal
Excerpt from Variety - November 29th, 2002

The Walt Disney Company | DuckTales Wiki | Fandom
File:Universal Pictures logo (2000).svg - Wikimedia Commons

Today, in an huge industry-changing deal, The Walt Disney Company has agreed to purchase Universal Pictures from French mass media conglomerate Vivendi for a estimated $6 billion dollars. With a deal this big, this forms a huge media titan to be reckoned with. Walt Disney president Michael Eisner says that this deal wasn't easy and that it was barely passed by regulators, but a mixture of cost-cutting and asset selling, they believe that the deal will revolutionize the entertainment industry.

"This deal changed everything, the future mergers and everything we have now, was started by Disney's purchase of Universal" - random person on Reddit; 2017

THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY AND UNIVERSAL PICTURES ANNOUNCES MERGER - (press release, November 29, 2002, New York City, NC)

The Walt Disney Company and Universal Pictures are pleased to announce their merger, effective immediately. This historic merger brings together two of the world's leading producers and providers of entertainment and media, creating a new powerhouse in the industry.

The merger will allow both companies to leverage their respective strengths and resources to create even more compelling content and experiences for audiences around the world. The new company will be able to invest in new technologies and platforms, expand its global reach, and continue to innovate and push the boundaries of what is possible in entertainment.

"We are thrilled to be joining forces with Universal Pictures," said Michael Eisner, CEO of The Walt Disney Company. "This merger represents a tremendous opportunity for both companies to create even more exciting and engaging content for audiences around the world. We look forward to working together to build a brighter future for our industry."

The new company will be led by a team of experienced executives from both The Walt Disney Company and Universal Pictures. The leadership team will be announced in the coming weeks.

The merger is subject to regulatory approval and other customary closing conditions. The companies expect the transaction to be completed by the end of the year.

About The Walt Disney Company:

The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise. The mission of The Walt Disney Company is to entertain, inform and inspire people around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, reflecting the iconic brands, creative minds and innovative technologies that make ours the world’s premier entertainment company.

About Universal Pictures:

Universal Pictures is one of the oldest and most successful movie studios in Hollywood. The company was established on June 8, 1912, formed in a merger of Independent Moving Pictures (IMP), the Powers Motion Picture Company, Rex Motion Picture Manufacturing Company, and others. Today, Universal Pictures is a subsidiary of Vivendi. Universal Pictures produces and distributes theatrical and non-theatrical filmed entertainment, including motion pictures, television programming, home video, and other media.

Citations:
[1] https://thewaltdisneycompany.com
[2] https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/investor-relations/
[3] https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/about/
[4] https://universalpictures.com

So now, I've edited this to include a official press release.

Thoughts?​

Last edited:
Disney and Universal to Set Industry-Changing Deal
Excerpt from Variety - November 29th, 2002

View attachment 837159View attachment 837160

Today, in an huge industry-changing deal, The Walt Disney Company has agreed to purchase Universal Pictures from French mass media conglomerate Vivendi for a estimated $6 billion dollars. With a deal this big, this forms a huge media titan to be reckoned with. Walt Disney president Michael Eisner says that this deal wasn't easy and that it was barely passed by regulators, but a mixture of cost-cutting and asset selling, they believe that the deal will revolutionize the entertainment industry.
Newsworthy is too weak of a word for this. I don't even know if there can be a word to describe it, not even if we pull from the Sherman Brothers dictionary of made-up words.

"This deal changed everything, the future mergers and everything we have now, was started by Disney's purchase of Universal" - random person on Reddit; 2017
You said it, sir/madam/enby.

Meanwhile, at EVERY other major media conglomerate..........

President, CEO and other executives:

".........................."

"Oh s**t".

"What are we gonna do?"​
Yeah, I'd say this sums up all their competitors have to say about this.

Newsworthy is too weak of a word for this. I don't even know if there can be a word to describe it, not even if we pull from the Sherman Brothers dictionary of made-up words.

You said it, sir/madam/enby.

Yeah, I'd say this sums up all their competitors have to say about this.
Yep.

So now, all I have to do left for 2002 is the December 2002 posts and the yearly update on the animation/kid-vid scene.

Yep guys, it's official, one of the biggest butterflies so far in this timeline(other than me somehow butterflying 9/11) has occured.

Buckle in your seatbelts, because from now on, there will be significantly more butterflies.

@TheFaultsofAlts @kirbopher15 @Tacomaster @UNIVERSAL.EXE @VVVVVV @THEKINGFISH217 Thoughts?
If it didn't predate most of Disney's big M&A, like the Muppets, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Fox, I would have been grinding my teeth into oblivion.

However, this has some egregious implications for what happens next. Does Pixar walk out on Walt? DreamWorks had some significant help from Universal, which they still had in 2002 IOTL, so what happens to Katzenberg and company? How can Nickelodeon even TRY to compete against Disney-Universal, since the latter can claim Disney Channel as THEIR kids network as well? How does Warner Bros. feel about being snubbed out of the next Roger Rabbit-esque picture when Woody Woodpecker can recreate the role Bugs Bunny had without any legal hassle? And does this mean Steven Spielberg now calls Disney his first company of choice, thus pushing all others away even further?

I'm sorry for that batch of questions. It's gonna take a while to get used to that.

If it didn't predate most of Disney's big M&A, like the Muppets, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Fox, I would have been grinding my teeth into oblivion.

However, this has some egregious implications for what happens next. Does Pixar walk out on Walt? DreamWorks had some significant help from Universal, which they still had in 2002 IOTL, so what happens to Katzenberg and company? How can Nickelodeon even TRY to compete against Disney-Universal, since the latter can claim Disney Channel as THEIR kids network as well? How does Warner Bros. feel about being snubbed out of the next Roger Rabbit-esque picture when Woody Woodpecker can recreate the role Bugs Bunny had without any legal hassle? And does this mean Steven Spielberg now calls Disney his first company of choice, thus pushing all others away even further?

I'm sorry for that batch of questions. It's gonna take a while to get used to that.
Nah it’s fine the reason why I gaVe the response I did was because I was processing the world due to me having just woken up where I am

And, most importantly, does this lead to a similar scale of mega-mergers?

Same here.

As for the others, I'll tell you what happens to them in the PM.
However, this has some egregious implications for what happens next.
Right.
Does Pixar walk out on Walt? DreamWorks had some significant help from Universal, which they still had in 2002 IOTL, so what happens to Katzenberg and company?
DreamWorks leaves to go elsewhere. Not sure about Pixar.
How can Nickelodeon even TRY to compete against Disney-Universal, since the latter can claim Disney Channel as THEIR kids network as well?
Well, I do have a contiengcy plan for Viacom.
How does Warner Bros. feel about being snubbed out of the next Roger Rabbit-esque picture when Woody Woodpecker can recreate the role Bugs Bunny had without any legal hassle?
Well, was there any plans for a Roger Rabbit in the 21st Century IOTL?
And does this mean Steven Spielberg now calls Disney his first company of choice, thus pushing all others away even further?
Probably.
It's fine.
Nah it’s fine the reason why I gaVe the response I did was because I was processing the world due to me having just woken up where I am
Ok. It's ok.
And, most importantly, does this lead to a similar scale of mega-mergers?
It definitely does.

I already have several planned for the next few years(HINT: Shield/Bunny + Mountain/Sponge-Eye)

TRY to figure out the metaphor.

Same here.

As for the others, I'll tell you what happens to them in the PM.
Thank you.
DreamWorks leaves to go elsewhere. Not sure about Pixar.
Okay, that works.
Well, I do have a contiengcy plan for Viacom.
Good.
Well, was there any plans for a Roger Rabbit in the 21st Century IOTL?
Probably not, I figure.
Probably.
At least that's a positive.
It's fine.
Thanks.
I already have several planned for the next few years(HINT: Shield/Bunny + Mountain/Sponge-Eye)

TRY to figure out the metaphor.
A WB-Paramount merger? Good lord.