Well, assuming that the internet protocols have already been released, and the internet is already on track to take over society, I see only four options:
I'm looking at this now and with Blockbuster being split off as a part of Viacom's firesale, I decided to re-evaluate these options.
  1. Have Netflix go down during the Great Recession. This could be due to worse financial management or their main competitor during the mail-in days - Blockbuster - switching to a kiosk model used by Redbox to this day.
I was thinking that Blockbuster and Netflix may merge when Blockbuster becomes free from Viacom's evil grasp.
  1. Have a COPA-type legislation be passed that severely restricts the online streaming of video, resulting in the only places to watch movies and tv shows being in theaters, on television and on physical media.
How would this work?
  1. Prevent the iPhone from becoming a thing, or anything like it. This includes the Samsung phones.
Well.......considering we're already in 2003, how could we prevent this?
  1. Have major network groups start dedicated streaming websites for their networks - similar to the app Pluto TV. They are ad-supported, removing the initial appeal of online streaming. Also, the most popular shows have their own livestreams of 24/7 marathons.
This could work. Or we could bring something like Joost into the mix.

Thoughts @THE KINGFISH?

With the Viacom split being completed in February 2004, does this mean that SpongeBob SquarePants gets cancelled prematurely ITTL, before it could properly end with the movie? Or does its life carry on over on either Cartoon Network, or on POGO?

With the Viacom split being completed in February 2004, does this mean that SpongeBob SquarePants gets cancelled prematurely ITTL, before it could properly end with the movie? Or does its life carry on over on either Cartoon Network, or on POGO?
Spongebob goes on a hiatus. Other than that, the show could come back by 2009, but on say, Planet Orange, Cartoon Network or [INSERT CBS NETWORK HERE].

FOP and Danny Phantom as well as Jimmy Neutron moves over to Planet Orange, the successor to Nickelodeon. Invader Zim moves to Animax while the rest of the shows end their runs.

Spongebob goes on a hiatus. Other than that, the show could come back by 2009, but on say, Planet Orange, Cartoon Network or [INSERT CBS NETWORK HERE].

FOP and Danny Phantom as well as Jimmy Neutron moves over to Planet Orange, the successor to Nickelodeon. Invader Zim moves to Animax while the rest of the shows end their runs.
Well, maybe the Nicktoons Unite series can still exist in some form, since the main four shows are still around after the fact. But where would Klasky-Csupo go?

Who owns Planet Orange ITTL?

State of Animation as of 2003 - Part 1
Well, maybe the Nicktoons Unite series can still exist in some form, since the main four shows are still around after the fact. But where would Klasky-Csupo go?
Klasky-Csupo: Largely gone to work for another company. They also grab the rights to their Nick-era shows and will probably make Squirrel Boy for Universal Kids with Duckman's creator.

Spumco: TTL's revival of Ren and Stimpy is instead heavily retooled as Ren & Stimpy's Primetime Party Cartoon Show and premiered as a part of Planet Orange's Neptune block. Spumco is later given money to start an animated shorts program. Bob Camp as well as Eric Stefani works for the studio. John K. also has his karma coming to him, trust me.

Frederator Studios: Frederator Studios moves to making projects for different networks and outlets. TTL's Nicktoons Film Festival is instead called the Cartoon Network Film Festival and has become a yearly event. Their deal with Fox ends soon, but they will make a new shorts program with Disney Channel. Other than that they're working on The Fairly OddParents and Danny Phantom for Nickelodeon/Hub, Mina and Dracula, My Life As A Teenage Robot, The F-Tales, Phineas and Ferb, Enchanted Adventures and Avatar the Last Airbender for various networks, as well as a Samurai Jack finale movie with Cartoon Network.

DNA Productions/O Entertainment: Still making Jimmy Neutron for Nick/The Hub. The studio will also team up with Nick Digital to create the continuity and branding for The Hub's new Miguzi block, which will premiere next year. Other than that, they're working on an animated film called The Ant Bully. Also notable for having a chimpanzee mascot with Paul.

AWESOME!Mation Studios: Currently? They're making Lydia of Naturi, but the show will move to Planet Orange when that launches next year. In addition, they have signed a deal with 20th Century Fox to distribute their upcoming feature, The Boiling Isles, set to be released sometime in 2004. They have also secretly been involved in the production of an adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for Fox with 20th Century Fox Animation, slated for a tentative 2005 release. The studio is also planning a rebrand within the next year.

20th Century Fox: Aside from the AWESOME!Mation and Frederator partnerships, Fox is starting to get some buzz on the TV screen as various shows have premiered on Fox Family and Fox Family, including Buffy: The Animated Slayer Chronicles and the upcoming short series Star Wars Clone Wars and are prepared to launch several more new shows over the next few years, including a new show from Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane, and even reviving Family Guy itself. They're also working on an adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. Within their Saban units and CineGroupe partnership, Saban still has Transformers: Armada running, but will be replaced with Transformers: Energon soon, as well as dubs of Ultimate Muscle, Shin Chan, Detective Conan, Slayers, Magic Knight Rayearth, and One Piece now either on the air or will be in the coming year. They also have Totally Spies!, Martin Mystery, The Tofus, Welcome to Tinsellania, Sparkiz, ROBO, Jim Button, Wunschpunch, The New Adventures of Lucky Luke, and Ratz all coming to either Fox Kids or Fox Family from Europe within the next year while Tripping the Rift plans to start airing on FX next Spring. Meanwhile, Saban has attempted to take on the adaptation of Fathom from Fox as an co-pro between Saban, Cinegroupe and AWESOME!Mation. Overall, Fox Kids/Family is doing better now, and if they keep playing their cards right, they could take over within the next few years. Fox also has a few films going on in the coming years. Overall, they're a rising star, but with a big enough hit, they could become noticed in the public mainstream.

Last edited:
Who owns Planet Orange ITTL?
The new Paramount Communications.
How come Nickelodeon gets hacked once and it brings all of Viacom down, even blaming them for the actions of some hacker dude?

If things worked like in your timeline, this would have brought the entire Walt Disney Company down: https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...roadcast-on-disney-channel-20100423-thcm.html
I agree with him.
That was a mere small local incident caused by technical difficulties. This was part of a MUCH larger incident tied DIRECTLY to the scandals.

Klasky-Csupo: Largely gone to work for another company. They also grab the rights to their Nick-era shows and will probably make Squirrel Boy for Universal Kids with Duckman's creator.

Spumco: TTL's revival of Ren and Stimpy is instead heavily retooled as Ren & Stimpy's Primetime Party Cartoon Show and premiered as a part of Planet Orange's Neptune block. Spumco is later given money to start an animated shorts program. Bob Camp as well as Eric Stefani works for the studio. John K. also has his karma coming to him, trust me.

Frederator Studios: Frederator Studios moves to making projects for different networks and outlets. TTL's Nicktoons Film Festival is instead called the Cartoon Network Film Festival and has become a yearly event. Their deal with Fox ends soon, but they will make a new shorts program with Disney Channel. Other than that they're working on The Fairly OddParents and Danny Phantom for Nickelodeon/Planet Orange, Mina and Dracula, My Life As A Teenage Robot, The F-Tales, Phineas and Ferb, Enchanted Adventures and Avatar the Last Airbender for Fox, as well as a Samurai Jack finale movie with Cartoon Network.

DNA Productions/O Entertainment: Still making Jimmy Neutron for Nick/Planet Orange. The studio will also team up with Nick Digital to create the continuity and branding for Planet Orange's new Miguzi block, which will premiere next year. Other than that, they're working on an animated film called The Ant Bully. Also notable for having a chimpanzee mascot with Paul.

AWESOME!Mation Studios: Currently? They're making Lydia of Naturi, but the show will move to Planet Orange when that launches next year. In addition, they have signed a deal with 20th Century Fox to distribute their upcoming feature, The Boiling Isles, set to be released sometime in 2004. They have also secretly been involved in the production of an adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for Fox with 20th Century Fox Animation, slated for a tentative 2005 release. They're also working on a few adaptations based on Sega and Microsoft's properties, including a potential Sonic the Hedgehog film with 20th Century Fox, as well as a few animated series for various networks. The studio is also planning a rebrand within the next year.

20th Century Fox: Aside from the AWESOME!Mation and Frederator partnerships, Fox is starting to get some buzz on the TV screen as various shows have premiered on Fox Family and Fox Family, including Buffy: The Animated Slayer Chronicles, My Life As A Teenage Robot, and The F-Tales and are prepared to launch several more new shows over the next few years, including a new show from Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane, and even reviving Family Guy itself. They're also working on an adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. Within their Saban units and CineGroupe partnership, Saban still has Transformers: Armada running, but will be replaced with Transformers: Energon soon, as well as dubs of Ultimate Muscle, Duel Masters, Sonic X, Shin Chan, Detective Conan, Slayers, Magic Knight Rayearth, and One Piece now either on the air or will be in the coming year. They also have Totally Spies!, Martin Mystery, The Tofus, Welcome to Tinsellania, Sparkiz, ROBO, Jim Button, Wunschpunch, The New Adventures of Lucky Luke, and Ratz all coming to either Fox Kids or Fox Family from Europe within the next year while Tripping the Rift plans to start airing on FX next Spring. Meanwhile, Saban has attempted to take on the adaptation of Fathom from Fox as an co-pro between Saban, Cinegroupe and AWESOME!Mation. Overall, Fox Kids/Family is doing better now, and if they keep playing their cards right, they could take over within the next few years. Fox also has a few films going on in the coming years, including an rumored film based on Sonic the Hedgehog film. Overall, they're a rising star, but with a big enough hit, they could become noticed in the public mainstream.

Frederator Studios: Frederator Studios moves to making projects for different networks and outlets. TTL's Nicktoons Film Festival is instead called the Cartoon Network Film Festival and has become a yearly event. Their deal with Fox ends soon, but they will make a new shorts program with Disney Channel. Other than that they're working on The Fairly OddParents and Danny Phantom for Nickelodeon/Hub, Mina and Dracula, My Life As A Teenage Robot, The F-Tales, Phineas and Ferb, Enchanted Adventures and Avatar the Last Airbender for various networks, as well as a Samurai Jack finale movie with Cartoon Network.

DNA Productions/O Entertainment: Still making Jimmy Neutron for Nick/The Hub. The studio will also team up with Nick Digital to create the continuity and branding for The Hub's new Miguzi block, which will premiere next year. Other than that, they're working on an animated film called The Ant Bully. Also notable for having a chimpanzee mascot with Paul.

AWESOME!Mation Studios: Currently? They're making Lydia of Naturi, but the show will move to Planet Orange when that launches next year. In addition, they have signed a deal with 20th Century Fox to distribute their upcoming feature, The Boiling Isles, set to be released sometime in 2004. They have also secretly been involved in the production of an adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for Fox with 20th Century Fox Animation, slated for a tentative 2005 release. The studio is also planning a rebrand within the next year.

20th Century Fox: Aside from the AWESOME!Mation and Frederator partnerships, Fox is starting to get some buzz on the TV screen as various shows have premiered on Fox Family and Fox Family, including Buffy: The Animated Slayer Chronicles and the upcoming short series Star Wars Clone Wars and are prepared to launch several more new shows over the next few years, including a new show from Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane, and even reviving Family Guy itself. They're also working on an adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. Within their Saban units and CineGroupe partnership, Saban still has Transformers: Armada running, but will be replaced with Transformers: Energon soon, as well as dubs of Ultimate Muscle, Shin Chan, Detective Conan, Slayers, Magic Knight Rayearth, and One Piece now either on the air or will be in the coming year. They also have Totally Spies!, Martin Mystery, The Tofus, Welcome to Tinsellania, Sparkiz, ROBO, Jim Button, Wunschpunch, The New Adventures of Lucky Luke, and Ratz all coming to either Fox Kids or Fox Family from Europe within the next year while Tripping the Rift plans to start airing on FX next Spring. Meanwhile, Saban has attempted to take on the adaptation of Fathom from Fox as an co-pro between Saban, Cinegroupe and AWESOME!Mation. Overall, Fox Kids/Family is doing better now, and if they keep playing their cards right, they could take over within the next few years. Fox also has a few films going on in the coming years. Overall, they're a rising star, but with a big enough hit, they could become noticed in the public mainstream.
@TheFaultsofAlts @UNIVERSAL.EXE @ExowareMasses @Tacomaster @lukesams @vl106 @leap123 @kirbopher15 @kidzohair1000 @THE KINGFISH @Mr Red Stone @MemphisC @Nivek @KPyall @eldandythedoubter @Neshomancer

What are your thoughts?

Also, here are the trajectory for the next few posts:

1: State of Animation as of 2003 - Part 2 (likely coming out tonight or tomorrow)
2: The Aftermath of Bloodsplat (likely coming out next week)
3: 2003 Reflection (likely coming out next week)
And a few small things from here and there...............

I also may or may not be working on a new TL that'll drop this Spring..................

@TheFaultsofAlts @UNIVERSAL.EXE @ExowareMasses @Tacomaster @lukesams @vl106 @leap123 @kirbopher15 @kidzohair1000 @THE KINGFISH @Mr Red Stone @MemphisC @Nivek @KPyall @eldandythedoubter @Neshomancer

What are your thoughts?

1: State of Animation as of 2003 - Part 2 (likely coming out tonight or tomorrow)

I also may or may not be working on a new TL that'll drop this Spring..................
Pretty good

What are your thoughts?

Seems good to me

My thoughts on those studio fates are as thus:

Klasky-Csupo: Them grabbing the rights to Rugrats et. al. would hopefully mean someone picks them up. Plus, Squirrel Boy would feel at home in KC's house style.
Spumco: Something tells me you got inspired by Man's Best Friend. Regardless, I never would have guessed they'd have such a bright future post-2003.
Frederator Studios: Pretty sure Fox is their greatest tipper, although Planet Orange and Cartoon Network are no slouches. Here's hoping the new program for Disney Channel bears fruit.
DNA Productions / O Entertainment: Makes sense for them to handle the Miguzi bumpers. If The Ant Bully is still a flop, however, that's another domino of Nick that wound up falling.
AWESOME!Mation Studios: Between AMS and Frederator, I think Fox is picking up Nick's slack in the ratings game.
20th Century Fox: Disney Channel and CN better watch out at this rate of progression.

I'd be happy to check those out.

What are your thoughts?

I like it so far

My thoughts on those studio fates are as thus:
Ok.
Klasky-Csupo: Them grabbing the rights to Rugrats et. al. would hopefully mean someone picks them up. Plus, Squirrel Boy would feel at home in KC's house style.
Right. They'll be making shows pretty much exclusively for Universal after The Splatexodus is over.
Spumco: Something tells me you got inspired by Man's Best Friend. Regardless, I never would have guessed they'd have such a bright future post-2003.
Yeah. The OTL version of the Ren and Stimpy reboot doesn't exist, instead debuting in 2004 as a vastly different show and well....it's a place for animators to go after Splatexodus. They eventually merged with another studio.
Frederator Studios: Pretty sure Fox is their greatest tipper, although Planet Orange and Cartoon Network are no slouches. Here's hoping the new program for Disney Channel bears fruit.
Right.......or Disney could do the initiative themselves? Frederator would kind of become that one studio that does something for a lot of outlets.
DNA Productions / O Entertainment: Makes sense for them to handle the Miguzi bumpers. If The Ant Bully is still a flop, however, that's another domino of Nick that wound up falling.
Or DNA/O could wind up surviving the Splatexodus and become a studio worth noticing.
AWESOME!Mation Studios: Between AMS and Frederator, I think Fox is picking up Nick's slack in the ratings game.
Right, but the studio will still work for other outlets. Case in point: Lydia of Naturi continuing on The Hub after the Splatexodus.
20th Century Fox: Disney Channel and CN better watch out at this rate of progression.

I'd be happy to check those out.
Cool.

TL-2K23 Interlink: Retcons
  • Jetix and Disney's Animated Afternoons DOES NOT launch as Disney Channel blocks, instead keeping the Zoog Disney block going in the afternoon and launching Super Disney instead.
  • My Life As A Teenage Robot still airs on Nick.