BTW, this is Nickelodeon's schedule from OTL on TTL´s SLAM!'s launch day, from the Nickstory Archives site:

And now, TTL's changes, which is basically just swapping out the 5-8PM slots with SLAM!.........

Oh, and that episode of Invader Zim that was supposed to air this day IOTL, but didn't for obvious reasons.
12:00am NICK AT NITEDiff'rent Strokes
12:30am NICK AT NITEDiff'rent Strokes
1:00am NICK AT NITEAll in the Family
1:30am NICK AT NITEAll in the Family
2:00am NICK AT NITEThe Jeffersons
2:30am NICK AT NITEThe Jeffersons
3:00am NICK AT NITEI Love Lucy
3:30am NICK AT NITEI Love Lucy
4:00am NICK AT NITEGilligan's Island
4:30am NICK AT NITEGilligan's Island
5:00am NICK AT NITELaverne & Shirley
5:30am NICK AT NITELaverne & Shirley
6:00am CABLE IN THE CLASSROOMNick News
6:30amAce Ventura: Pet Detective
7:00amThe Angry Beavers
7:30amAnimaniacs NEW!!!
8:00amHey Arnold!
8:30amRugrats
9:00am NICK JR.Bob the Builder
9:30am NICK JR.Franklin
10:00am NICK JR.Blue's Clues
10:30am NICK JR.Oswald
11:00am NICK JR.Dora the Explorer
11:30am NICK JR.Dora the Explorer
12:00pm NICK JR.Little Bill
12:30pm NICK JR.Blue's Clues
1:00pm NICK JR.Maggie and the Ferocious Beast
1:30pm NICK JR.Little Bear
2:00pmDoug
2:30pmPinky and the Brain
3:00pmHey Arnold!
3:30pmThe Wild Thornberrys
4:00pmRugrats
4:30pmCatDog
5:00pm SLAM!Yu-Gi-Oh! NEW!!!
5:30pm SLAM!Rocket Power
6:00pm SLAM!Virtua Fighter NEW!!!
6:30pm SLAM!Heavy Gear: The Animated Series NEW!!!
7:00pm SLAM!The Mummy: The Series NEW!!!
7:30pm SLAM!Alienators: Evolution Continues NEW!!!
8:00pm TOTALLY TWISTED TELLYSpongeBob SquarePants NEW!!!!
8:30pm TOTALLY TWISTED TELLYThe Fairly OddParents
9:00pm TOTALLY TWISTED TELLYInvader Zim NEW!!!
9:30pm TOTALLY TWISTED TELLYKaBlam!
10:00pm NICK AT NITEThree's Company
10:30pm NICK AT NITEThree's Company
11:00pm NICK AT NITEThe Brady Bunch
11:30pm NICK AT NITEThe Brady Brunch
NEW ANIMANIACS!? how is that possible on nick? Warner bros made Animaniacs so shouldn't it be airing shows on kids wb or cartoon network? Also didn't Jamie Kellner decide to cancel all the Spielberg cartoons after he made them make pinky, elmyra and the brain?

Is this yugioh the original season zero or the 4kids one that's more familiar?

NEW ANIMANIACS!? how is that possible on nick? Warner bros made Animaniacs so shouldn't it be airing shows on kids wb or cartoon network? Also didn't Jamie Kellner decide to cancel all the Spielberg cartoons after he made them make pinky, elmyra and the brain?
They mean NEW TO NICKELODEON because Nick aired some of WB's toons during this time period IOTL.

Must have been a exchange thing for Nick losing the rights to Looney Tunes.
Is this yugioh the original season zero or the 4kids one that's more familiar?
Season Zero...........

There'll be a separate post about that later........

SABAN BREAKS OFF FROM FOX, WILL CHANGE KID-VID! FOX KIDS RENAISSANCE COMING?
View attachment 819157 View attachment 819158View attachment 819159View attachment 819162
Today, it was announced that 20th Century Fox, the major entertainment studio owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation media empire, would buy out Haim Saban's stake in their Fox Family Worldwide joint venture. The joint venture was first formed in 1990 as a simple programming block of children's programming on the Fox network, followed by the merger of the block and Saban's growing children's entertainment empire, which expanded with the launch of the Fox Family channel, an cable expansion of the Fox Kids block, launched in 1998 after Fox Kids Worldwide acquired International Family Entertainment from Pat Robertson, creator of the religious program "The 700 Club". The venture has experienced problems, such as increased competition from the likes of Kids' WB, Nickelodeon, ABC and the Cartoon Network, as well as low ratings from both the block on Fox and the cable network and bad management of Fox Family, which has lead to the network being revamped more than twice in the three years the cable net has been on the air. Due to this deal, Fox is expected to acquire Saban's entire library, including shows such as "Power Rangers", "Samurai Pizza Cats" and "Digimon", as well as Saban's anime dubbing unit, the production facility that makes "Power Rangers" and their library.

Let's bring back fox kids's bring back fox kids

Some of the notable shows that have aired
on Fox Kids, such as "Power Rangers",
"Bobby's World", "X-Men" and "Spider
-Man".

There is also talks of a relaunch of Fox Family and Fox Kids being planned for Fall 2002. It is also confirmed that they are looking for a new president/CEO to help turn the sinking fortunes of the brand around to be able to "compete and be a legitimate contender of the big three of cable and the big 2 of broadcast blocks".

It is also confirmed that Haim Saban, created of the Power Rangers property, will stay on board for the new company.

And that was my first newspaper-esque post.

Do you guys think I should do more posts like these?

What are all of your thoughts? Especially @TheFaultsofAlts, @kirbopher15, @UNIVERSAL.EXE, @Nivek, @THEKINGFISH217 and @Tacomaster?
Looks great for your first post like this!!

Most people that format posts like this typically have footnotes, like that of @Geekhis Khan for Hensonverse, but you’re good to not do so. With that said, I think it helps to add context to posts, so that would-be readers (who only know about “normal” alternate history like “Nazis winning WW2” or “South wins Civil War”) can understand your posts more since they are largely unaware of the history of television.

Also, I don’t mean this to be rude, but I think that you don’t have to avoid cursing in dialogue posts. I personally feel using fake curse words such as “frick” or “freaking” makes the dialogue feel less authentic. One more thing is I woulld request to do research not only into the channels and blocks, but how these people acted in OTL. It gives the TL a feeling of being an actual story.

But overall, great start. And an excellent job trying to complete a TL instead of abandoning it for dead. You are stepping up as a writer. Keep up the good work!!

Oh..........

Well, they managed to grab Laden.

Not to harp on about this, but how? I mean, the man's whereabouts were not known at the time and after the 1999 Pakistani coup the US was a bit lacking for international partners. Militarily, our access to Afghanistan in August of 2001 was basically non-existent, and special forces operations designed to kill bin Laden wouldn't pick up until after the attacks.

Yu-Gi-Oh!(English Starboard/Bang Zoom Dub)= SEASON ZERO
97609l.jpg

Yu-Gi-Oh!
Premiered in Japan on April 4th 1998 and ended on October 10th, 1998 on TV Asahi.

Debuted in America on Friday September 14th, 2001 and ended on March 15th, 2002 on Nickelodeon.

Produced by Toei Animation.

Licensed in North America, Latin America, Australia and Europe by Starboard Entertainment.

English Dub Produced by Bang Zoom! Studios

Selected Cast:
Johnny Yong Bosch: Yugi
Joshua Seth: Joey Wheeler
Dorothy Fahn: Tea Gardner
Ezra Weisz: Tristan Taylor
Kirk Thornton: Bakura Ryou
Steve Blum: Kaiba, Yami
Mona Marshall: Mokuba Kaiba

The show would instantly become a phenonomal success for Nickelodeon and Starboard!

It'd become one of the highest-rated shows on the block, and while not as highly-rated as Spongebob, did do better than some of Nick's other shows, mainly in the acquisition field.

The show would continue to air LONG after it ended it's American run, last being aired on the main Nick channel in 2006.

The series would also get a uncut home video release, which would later air on MTV.

The edited cut would also run on the Nicktoons channel as late as 2010.

The dub's music would largely be stock music considering that the studio is an upstart.​

Johnny Yong Bosch: Yugi
Joshua Seth: Joey Wheeler
Dorothy Fahn: Tea Gardner
Ezra Weisz: Tristan Taylor
Kirk Thornton: Bakura Ryou
Steve Blum: Kaiba, Yami
Mona Marshall: Mokuba Kaiba
Sucks you didn't keep Dan Green as Yugi, but thanks for getting Steve Blum for Yami.
You also have him for Kaiba, though, so... Steve Blum dueling himself.

Yayyyyyy.

I think I have an idea how about we have klasky cuspo dub a few anime
they're a production house, not a distributor, they wouldn't even dare, they were very proud their handiwork too
Ok so that’s your thoughts on my idea.
what about you @Otakuninja2006
Agreed. Plus there’s no precedent for them actually doing something like that.
*Starts losing confidence in my idea
Well, it is cheap. They did say that they were inspired by anime..........

And they'd probably need a way to stay relevant, especially after Nickelodeon gets hit with several scandals..........
Not to harp on about this, but how? I mean, the man's whereabouts were not known at the time and after the 1999 Pakistani coup the US was a bit lacking for international partners. Militarily, our access to Afghanistan in August of 2001 was basically non-existent, and special forces operations designed to kill bin Laden wouldn't pick up until after the attacks.

Well, I mainly got inspirations from @OldNavy1988's As Dreamers Do Part Deux TL..............

And despite this, politics isn't a major part of this TL, so aside from a few things here and there, there's none of that stuff here.
Looks great for your first post like this!!

Most people that format posts like this typically have footnotes, like that of @Geekhis Khan for Hensonverse, but you’re good to not do so. With that said, I think it helps to add context to posts, so that would-be readers (who only know about “normal” alternate history like “Nazis winning WW2” or “South wins Civil War”) can understand your posts more since they are largely unaware of the history of television.

Also, I don’t mean this to be rude, but I think that you don’t have to avoid cursing in dialogue posts. I personally feel using fake curse words such as “frick” or “freaking” makes the dialogue feel less authentic. One more thing is I woulld request to do research not only into the channels and blocks, but how these people acted in OTL. It gives the TL a feeling of being an actual story.

But overall, great start. And an excellent job trying to complete a TL instead of abandoning it for dead. You are stepping up as a writer. Keep up the good work!!
Thanks a lot for the ideas and stuff!

And there's a reason why I largely avoid using real swear words...............

And reaction posts to stuff and even "alternate forum posts" will be on here as well.
Sucks you didn't keep Dan Green as Yugi, but thanks for getting Steve Blum for Yami.
You also have him for Kaiba, though, so... Steve Blum dueling himself.

Yayyyyyy.
This is a Bang Zoom dub, and I literally got the idea of who would voice who from here:

Saturday Mornings in 2001
Saturday Mornings in Fall 2001

ABC(One Saturday Morning):
This Fall, OSM has several shows, both original and imported from Disney Channel, lineup up for you!

Teacher's Pet, Lloyd In Space, Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, Mary-Kate and Ashley in Action!, Super Dumo Sumos, The Weekenders, House of Mouse, Teamo Supremo, The Legend of Tarzan

CBS(Nick Jr. on CBS):

This fall, aside from a few swapped shows, it's the same as last year.
Blues Clues, Dora the Explorer, Little Bear, Little Bill, Franklin, Oswald and Bob the Builder.

NBC(TNBC, THANK GOD IT'S THE LAST SEASON OF THIS CRAP!!!!)

This sack of boringness continues to stink, but fear not sane people, it is CONFIRMED that this snorefest will be replaced with a new block next year, but we don't know what's it's gonna be yet. But we SURELY hope that whatever they have has some cartoons in it's lineup.

This fall has City Guys, All About Us, Just Deal, Sk8 and NBA Inside Stuff..............

SOME OF THESE SHOWS HAVE BEEN ON NONSTOP SINCE THE BIRTH OF THIS DEMON SPAWN OF A SATURDAY MORNING BLOCK JESUS CHRIST PLEASE JUST BURN THE ARCHIVES OF THESE SHOWS ALREADY!!!!!!

OR JUST HIDE THEM IN A VAULT NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN!!!!!!!

UPN(Disney's One Too, but this is gone by 2003)

UPN, still being a disappointment of a Sa.......SUNDAY morning lineup, but not as much as TNBC, comes out with Pepper Ann, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Sabrina: The Animated Series and Recess........

And now, The Weekenders and Archie's Weird Mysteries is also included...........

NO, THAT'S IT!!!!!!! WHAT A ####### WASTE OF TIME!

Moving on now...........

The WB(Kids' WB)

The leader of the bunch, Kids' WB, rolls out another hit lineup with returning shows like Pokemon, Max Steel, Static Shock, X-Men: Evolution, Jackie Chan Adventures, Cardcaptors and Cubix: Robots for Everyone.

New shows include The Nightmare Room and new 4Kids anime dubs Tama and Friends and Magical DoReMi.

Also, KWB's weekday morning block gets cancelled.
Weekdays now have a Toonami block with Batman Beyond, Men In Black, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Cardcaptors, Superman, X-Men: Evolution, Jackie Chan Adventures, Max Steel, Rescue Heroes and The Powerpuff Girls.

And now, the main star(or at least, old star) itself.........

FOX(FOX KIDS)!!!!!!

After Saban sold out his stake in the Fox Family Worldwide joint venture to Fox outright over the summer, many began speculating what would occur over the next year or so. Meanwhile, Fox Kids, on their last season as they currently were, offered this: Transformers: Robots In Disguise, Power Rangers Time Force, Digimon Tamers, Medabots, Moolah Beach, Mon Colle Knights, Connor the Inventor, Power Rangers Wild Force and Galidor: Defenders of the Outer Dimension.

However, beginning with the next season, Fox Kids would change..................

Yep guys, this TL is back!

And I can't believe I ACTUALLY managed to pump out 8 UPDATES within a span of seven hours!

Welp, I might come up with one or two more things then call it a night.

And despite this, politics isn't a major part of this TL, so aside from a few things here and there, there's none of that stuff here.

Isn't avoiding 9/11 kind of a massive shift, though? More than just a 'thing here and there.'

Plus, capturing Bin Laden wouldn't even necessarily prevent 9/11, since the perpetrators were already in the US as early as January of 2000. So are they captured instead? The entirety of Al Qaeda? If the latter, how was it pulled off?

Isn't avoiding 9/11 kind of a massive shift, though? More than just a 'thing here and there.'

Plus, capturing Bin Laden wouldn't even necessarily prevent 9/11, since the perpetrators were already in the US as early as January of 2000. So are they captured instead? The entirety of Al Qaeda? If the latter, how was it pulled off?
Oh............

Well, consider them captured as well!

Oh............

Well, consider them captured as well!

That's not what I meant. How was the entirety of Al-Qaeda captured? We knew roughly of a few of the perpetrators, since a major criticism after the fact was the fumbling of potential terrorists within the bureaucracy of the intelligence orgs.

But was the rest of the leadership captured?

That's not what I meant. How was the entirety of Al-Qaeda captured? We knew roughly of a few of the perpetrators, since a major criticism after the fact was the fumbling of potential terrorists within the bureaucracy of the intelligence orgs.

But was the rest of the leadership captured?
They will be eventually.