Glad you updated this timeline
Thanks!

Glad you like it.

Might throw in another update later tonight to figure out the final fate of Fox Kids/Family.

And maybe one tomorrow about a plan......

One of those headlines are foreshadowing something.

You should know very well what it is.......

Or another one tomorrow detailing TTL's SatAM lineup in the 2001 season.

Also, you're in the PM now.

Saban Sells His Stake!
FOX HQ, MID-2001
20th Century Studios - Wikipedia

SABAN:
So, now what?

MURDOCH:
Well, either we sell it off, or one of us is letting go of it.

SABAN:
Well................................

I didn't think that it would come to this, but..........

I'LL SELL OFF MY STAKE!

MURDOCH:
Well, I was planning to buy DirecTV, but sure, what the heck!

We'll do.

FOX KIDS EXEC:
Cool!

So, are we gonna put the Fox Animation department to good use?

SOME RANDOM AF GUY I DUNNO:
(WHISPERING): Good, it's about time someone used their sense around here!

MURDOCH:
You know, that's a great idea, especially now that we're serious about competing with the big three!

So, do you wanna join us?

SABAN:
Sure, I WILL!

MURDOCH:
Congratulations!

Welcome to the NEW Fox Family Worldwide!

BREAKING NEWS!(July 2001)
SABAN BREAKS OFF FROM FOX, WILL CHANGE KID-VID! FOX KIDS RENAISSANCE COMING?
Haim Saban - Wikipedia
Rupert Murdoch - Wikipedia
Fox Family Worldwide Company Profile: Acquisition & Investors | PitchBook
Fox Kids - Wikipedia
Today, it was announced that 20th Century Fox, the major entertainment studio owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation media empire, would buy out Haim Saban's stake in their Fox Family Worldwide joint venture. The joint venture was first formed in 1990 as a simple programming block of children's programming on the Fox network, followed by the merger of the block and Saban's growing children's entertainment empire, which expanded with the launch of the Fox Family channel, an cable expansion of the Fox Kids block, launched in 1998 after Fox Kids Worldwide acquired International Family Entertainment from Pat Robertson, creator of the religious program "The 700 Club". The venture has experienced problems, such as increased competition from the likes of Kids' WB, Nickelodeon, ABC and the Cartoon Network, as well as low ratings from both the block on Fox and the cable network and bad management of Fox Family, which has lead to the network being revamped more than twice in the three years the cable net has been on the air. Due to this deal, Fox is expected to acquire Saban's entire library, including shows such as "Power Rangers", "Samurai Pizza Cats" and "Digimon", as well as Saban's anime dubbing unit, the production facility that makes "Power Rangers" and their library.

Let's bring back fox kids

Some of the notable shows that have aired
on Fox Kids, such as "Power Rangers",
"Bobby's World", "X-Men" and "Spider
-Man".

There is also talks of a relaunch of Fox Family and Fox Kids being planned for Fall 2002. It is also confirmed that they are looking for a new president/CEO to help turn the sinking fortunes of the brand around to be able to "compete and be a legitimate contender of the big three of cable and the big 2 of broadcast blocks".

It is also confirmed that Haim Saban, created of the Power Rangers property, will stay on board for the new company.

And that was my first newspaper-esque post.

Do you guys think I should do more posts like these?

What are all of your thoughts? Especially @TheFaultsofAlts, @kirbopher15, @UNIVERSAL.EXE, @Nivek, @THEKINGFISH217 and @Tacomaster?

Last edited:
View attachment 819157 View attachment 819158View attachment 819159View attachment 819162
Today, it was announced that 20th Century Fox, the major entertainment studio owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation media empire, would buy out Haim Saban's stake in their Fox Family Worldwide joint venture. The joint venture was first formed in 1990 as a simple programming block of children's programming on the Fox network, followed by the merger of the block and Saban's growing children's entertainment empire, which expanded with the launch of the Fox Family channel, an cable expansion of the Fox Kids block, launched in 1998 after Fox Kids Worldwide acquired International Family Entertainment from Pat Robertson, creator of the religious program "The 700 Club". The venture has experienced problems, such as increased competition from the likes of Kids' WB, Nickelodeon, ABC and the Cartoon Network, as well as low ratings from both the block on Fox and the cable network and bad management of Fox Family, which has lead to the network being revamped more than twice in the three years the cable net has been on the air. Due to this deal, Fox is expected to acquire Saban's entire library, including shows such as "Power Rangers", "Samurai Pizza Cats" and "Digimon", as well as Saban's anime dubbing unit, the production facility that makes "Power Rangers" and their library.

Let's bring back fox kids's bring back fox kids

-Man".

There is also talks of a relaunch of Fox Family and Fox Kids being planned for Fall 2002. It is also confirmed that they are looking for a new president/CEO to help turn the sinking fortunes of the brand around to be able to "compete and be a legitimate contender of the big three of cable and the big 2 of broadcast blocks".​

What are all of your thoughts? Especially @TheFaultsofAlts, @kirbopher15, @UNIVERSAL.EXE, @Nivek, @THEKINGFISH217 and @Tacomaster?

well this is a restart, meaning something else will come later on

Plus he is at Disney at the time

kirbopher15

Kicked
View attachment 819157 View attachment 819158View attachment 819159View attachment 819162

Let's bring back fox kids's bring back fox kids

-Man".

There is also talks of a relaunch of Fox Family and Fox Kids being planned for Fall 2002. It is also confirmed that they are looking for a new president/CEO to help turn the sinking fortunes of the brand around to be able to "compete and be a legitimate contender of the big three of cable and the big 2 of broadcast blocks".

It is also confirmed that Haim Saban, created of the Power Rangers property, will stay on board for the new company.

Wow that was pretty good for a newspaper pilot

And Now, An Important Address from the President of the United States of America...........
Yep.

In fact, here it is now:

WHITE HOUSE, LATE AUGUST 2001
George W. Bush - Wikipedia

George W. Bush:
Good Evening My Fellow Americans, we have some great news to report this evening. Today, we have captured several members of the Al-Qaeda terrorist group. They were planning to commit terrorist attacks at various locations across the United States of America, such as the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

However, we have only caught a few of them, with plans to capture more.

WE WILL EVENTUALLY FIND AND GET THEM ALL!

TO ALL TERRORISTS AND ANYONE PLANNING TO COMMIT MASS DESTRUCTION OR ATTACKS: WE ARE WATCHING YOU! CONSIDER THIS A WARNING!

Thank you for watching this address.

Have a good evening.​

So basically, I've MOSTLY butterflied 9/11..........

But as a result of even the potential threats and to keep up with the times, many of the post-9/11 safety laws, such as the Homeland Security Act, will still come to pass and exist.

Have a good evening.

Last edited:

kirbopher15

Kicked
Yep.

In fact, here it is now:

View attachment 819171

George W. Bush:
Good Evening My Fellow Americans, we have some great news to report this evening. Today, we have captured and got the Al-Qaeda terrorist group. They were planning to commit a terrorist attack at various locations across the United States of America, such as the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Now that we caught them, we will make sure that they won't cause any more trouble around the world.

TO ALL TERRORISTS AND ANYONE PLANNING TO COMMIT MASS DESTRUCTION OR ATTACKS: WE ARE WATCHING YOU! CONSIDER THIS A WARNING!

Have a good evening.​

So basically, I've butterflied 9/11..........

But as a result of even the potential threats and to keep up with the times, many of the post-9/11 safety laws, such as the Homeland Security Act, will still come to pass and exist.

Have a good evening.
Wow butterflies all over the place

Yep.

In fact, here it is now:

View attachment 819171

George W. Bush:
Good Evening My Fellow Americans, we have some great news to report this evening. Today, we have captured and got the Al-Qaeda terrorist group. They were planning to commit a terrorist attack at various locations across the United States of America, such as the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Now that we caught them, we will make sure that they won't cause any more trouble around the world.

Have a good evening.​

So basically, I've butterflied 9/11..........

Have a good evening.

How precisely was Al-Qaeda 'captured?' I mean, Bin Laden alone had already been on the most wanted list from 1999 onwards, and Tora-Bora (the last good chance to grab him) wasn't until December 2001.

Not to mention the fact that Al-Qaeda's leadership was fairly diffuse, and the organisation itself maintained and maintains operations across much of Eurasia.

How precisely was Al-Qaeda 'captured?' I mean, Bin Laden alone had already been on the most wanted list from 1999 onwards, and Tora-Bora (the last good chance to grab him) wasn't until December 2001.

Not to mention the fact that Al-Qaeda's leadership was fairly diffuse, and the organisation itself maintained and maintains operations across much of Eurasia.
Exactly,that breaks the SOD, we're talking about TV here

It's Time To SLAM!, Now It's Time To JAM!
On the evening of Friday September 15th, 2001, Nickelodeon, eager to get in on that sweet, sweet action cartoon trend, finally broke the ground.

The first kids' network, traditionally wary of such programming, finally calmed down about it, primarily thanks to a certain new little anime distributor, introduced their new action block.

Nickelodeon calls it.......
SLAM!
Nickelodeon_SLAM_2001.png

The new action block runs on Friday evenings from 5PM-8PM.

The new block airs "Yu-Gi-Oh!', "Rocket Power", "Alienators: Evolution Continues", "Virtua Fighter", "The Mummy: The Animated Series" and "Heavy Gear: The Animated Series".

Reruns of "Invader Zim" and "Butt Ugly Martians" will debut early next year.

The block's branding looks like this:

Here's the initial lineup:
5:00PM
Did You Know 'Yu-Gi-Oh!' Has A Season 0?
Yu-Gi-Oh!​
5:30PM
Rocket Power - Nickelodeon - Watch on Paramount Plus
Rocket Power​
6:00PM
Virtua Fighter (TV series) - Wikipedia
Virtua Fighter​
6:30PM
Heavy Gear, 2000-2001 | Tim Eldred

Heavy Gear: The Animated Series​
7:00PM
The Mummy (TV Series 2001–2003) - IMDb
The Mummy: The Animated Series​
7:30PM
Alienators: Evolution Continues - About the Show | Amblin
Alienators: Evolution Continues​

Of the initial lineup, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Rocket Power and Virtua Fighter would become the biggest hits.

Oh, and because of the title of the post, here's this:

Oh, and here's a AI-generated promo for the block:
"Get ready to SLAM! into the weekend with Nickelodeon's newest block, SLAM!. Starting September 14th and airing every Friday from 5-8PM, you won't want to miss the action-packed lineup featuring fan favorites like "Yu-Gi-Oh!", "Rocket Power", "Virtua Fighter", "Heavy Gear", "The Mummy: The Series", and "Alienators: Evolution Continues".
And you know what they say... "It's Time To SLAM! And JAM!" Be sure to tune in for all the excitement, only on Nickelodeon."

Last edited:

kirbopher15

Kicked
On the evening of Friday September 15th, 2001, Nickelodeon, eager to get in on that sweet, sweet action cartoon trend, finally broke the ground.

The first kids' network, traditionally wary of such programming, finally calmed down about it, primarily thanks to a certain new little anime distributor, introduced their new action block.

Nickelodeon calls it.......
SLAM!
View attachment 819179

The new action block runs on Friday evenings from 5PM-8PM.

The new block airs "Yu-Gi-Oh!', "Rocket Power", "Alienators: Evolution Continues", "Virtua Fighter", "The Mummy: The Animated Series" and "Heavy Gear: The Animated Series".

Reruns of "Invader Zim" and "Butt Ugly Martians" will debut early next year.

The block's branding looks like this:

Here's the initial lineup:
5:00PM
5:30PM
View attachment 819185 Rocket Power​
6:00PM
Virtua Fighter (TV series) - Wikipedia
Virtua Fighter​
6:30PM
Heavy Gear, 2000-2001 | Tim Eldred

Heavy Gear: The Animated Series​
7:00PM
View attachment 819186 The Mummy: The Animated Series​
7:30PM
View attachment 819187 Alienators: Evolution Continues​

Of the initial lineup, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Rocket Power and Virtua Fighter would become the biggest hits.

Oh, and because of the title of the post, here's this:
Was gonna make a joke similar to that song but you beat me to the punch

Wow butterflies all over the place
Yep!

And this is JUST the beginning!

Oh..........

Well, they managed to grab Laden.

And they're still looking and is still cracking down on them.
Exactly,that breaks the SOD, we're talking about TV here
Well, considering the time period we're in ITTL and the fact that this is a GENERAL pop culture TL, I HAD to touch the subject a little.
Was gonna make a joke similar to that song but you beat me to the punch
Well! The block's name IS meme-able!

An Important Note About Nickelodeon's Schedule on SLAM!'s Launch Day
BTW, this is Nickelodeon's schedule from OTL on TTL´s SLAM!'s launch day, from the Nickstory Archives site:

And now, TTL's changes, which is basically just swapping out the 5-8PM slots with SLAM!.........

Oh, and that episode of Invader Zim that was supposed to air this day IOTL, but didn't for obvious reasons.
12:00am NICK AT NITEDiff'rent Strokes
12:30am NICK AT NITEDiff'rent Strokes
1:00am NICK AT NITEAll in the Family
1:30am NICK AT NITEAll in the Family
2:00am NICK AT NITEThe Jeffersons
2:30am NICK AT NITEThe Jeffersons
3:00am NICK AT NITEI Love Lucy
3:30am NICK AT NITEI Love Lucy
4:00am NICK AT NITEGilligan's Island
4:30am NICK AT NITEGilligan's Island
5:00am NICK AT NITELaverne & Shirley
5:30am NICK AT NITELaverne & Shirley
6:00am CABLE IN THE CLASSROOMNick News
6:30amAce Ventura: Pet Detective
7:00amThe Angry Beavers
7:30amAnimaniacs NEW!!!
8:00amHey Arnold!
8:30amRugrats
9:00am NICK JR.Bob the Builder
9:30am NICK JR.Franklin
10:00am NICK JR.Blue's Clues
10:30am NICK JR.Oswald
11:00am NICK JR.Dora the Explorer
11:30am NICK JR.Dora the Explorer
12:00pm NICK JR.Little Bill
12:30pm NICK JR.Blue's Clues
1:00pm NICK JR.Maggie and the Ferocious Beast
1:30pm NICK JR.Little Bear
2:00pmDoug
2:30pmPinky and the Brain
3:00pmHey Arnold!
3:30pmThe Wild Thornberrys
4:00pmRugrats
4:30pmCatDog
5:00pm SLAM!Yu-Gi-Oh! NEW! NEW SHOW!!!
5:30pm SLAM!Rocket Power
6:00pm SLAM!Virtua Fighter NEW! NEW SHOW!!!
6:30pm SLAM!Heavy Gear: The Animated Series NEW! NEW SHOW!!!
7:00pm SLAM!The Mummy: The Series NEW! NEW SHOW!!!
7:30pm SLAM!Alienators: Evolution Continues NEW! NEW SHOW!!!
8:00pm TOTALLY TWISTED TELLYSpongeBob SquarePants NEW!
8:30pm TOTALLY TWISTED TELLYThe Fairly OddParents
9:00pm TOTALLY TWISTED TELLYInvader Zim NEW!
9:30pm TOTALLY TWISTED TELLYKaBlam!
10:00pm NICK AT NITEThree's Company
10:30pm NICK AT NITEThree's Company
11:00pm NICK AT NITEThe Brady Bunch
11:30pm NICK AT NITEThe Brady Brunch

Last edited: