Microsoft and Sega X/S
Xbox Pure White Limited Edition

The white version, the main version sold in Latin America(including Brazil), Asia and Oceania.

Amazon.com: Microsoft Original Xbox Console with Controller, Power Supply,  and AV Cable,Black : Video Games

The famous black version, the main version in North America, Europe and Africa

Microsoft-Sega-X-S-console-logos.png

The respective logos for the Microsoft-Sega X and Microsoft-Sega S.
Thanks @ExowareMasses for making these!

Microsoft-Sega X(North American, European and African name)
Microsoft-Sega S(Latin American, Brazilian, Asian and Australian name)

Launched on November 15th, 2001 in North America, February 22nd, 2002 in Japan and March 14th, 2002 in the rest of the world(where allowed).

North American Launch Games:
4x4 EVO 2
Air Force Delta Storm
Arctic Thunder
Cel Damage
Dark Summit
Dead or Alive 3
Fuzion Frenzy
Halo: Combat Evolved
Mad Dash Racing
Madden NFL 2002
NASCAR Heat 2002
NASCAR Thunder 2002
NHL Hitz 20-02
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Project Gotham Racing
Shrek
Test Drive Off-Road Wide Open
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X
TransWorld Surf
Crazy Taxi

Crazy Taxi 2
Jet Set Radio
Phantasy Star Online
Sega GT
Shenmue
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Shuffle
Space Channel 5
Super Monkey Ball

Virtua Fighter 4

Here, as a result of the Sega games, the console sells a bit better at launch ITTL.

And now, some commercials, including one of the first ones and an infamous one that was banned in the UK:

Next, is the launch of one of Nintendo's most loved, but underrated consoles of all time!

And this is where I got OTL's launch lineup from:

Titles in Teal are from the Dreamcast.​

Last edited:
Nintendo GameCube/New Nintendo Anime
Nintendo Gamecube Console Orange Manufacturer end of production Boxed Japan  4902370505764 | eBay

Beautiful Spice Orange GameCube, which was sadly limited exclusively to Japan........:(

GameCube - Wikipedia

The famous purple Gamecube, introduced everywhere else and the most famous and notable one.

Nintendo GameCube(GCN)
Launched on September 14th, 2001 in Japan, November 18th, 2001 in North America, May 3rd, 2002 in Europe and May 17th, 2002 in Australia.

North American Launch Games:
Luigi's Mansion
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II
All-Star Baseball 2002
Madden NFL 2002
NHL Hitz 20-02
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Disney's Tarzan: Untamed
Crazy Taxi
Batman: Vengeance
Railpunchers

The console would still sell the same at launch...............

And Super Monkey Ball isn't on the GameCube ITTL due to Sega's exclusivity deal with Microsoft. Instead, we get a original game named "Railpunchers", the first game in what would become a flagship franchise for a new gaming studio, which will be covered in the next update.

Here's some commercials, and even the famous opening, and some variations of the opening tune:
THERE'S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, IT'S THE ORIGINAL, I SWEAR!

I got the launch lineup from this site:

However, shortly thereafter, an awesome Japanese-exclusive version of the Gamecube came out, made by Panasonic.
Panasonic Q | Nintendo | Fandom

Panasonic GameCube Q
Released exclusively in Japan on December 13th, 2001 and discontinued on December 18th, 2003.

This variant was capable of playing DVDs, VCDs and CDs in addition to Gamecube games.

Maybe this could be brought over to boost GameCube sales ITTL?​

Kirby: Right Back at Ya! - Wikipedia

Kirby of the Stars

Ran in Japan on CBC and TBS from October 6th, 2001 to September 27th, 2003.

This show will be imported to the West by 4Kids Entertainment to air on Kids' WB starting in 2002.

It is also likely that more Nintendo anime could be made, resulting in an earlier independent entrance into entertainment by Nintendo.​

I remember reading a lot of adaptation were planned back when F-Zero GP Legend/Falcon Densetsu was released, might has been real, might has been fake, but we did get an AC MOVIE https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gekijōban_Dōbutsu_no_Mori#Production , but yeah the atomic bombing of Kirby and F-zero in the west just killed that. I wonder if that Come the 2004 failed Bandai purchase too.

Well, looks like I may have to pull some SERIOUS strings........

IOTL, they aired on 4KidsTV, which wa subject to CONSTANT pre-emption and station changes, like, where I'm at, the block aired on WBNX, our WB station st the time, rather than WJW, our Fox station:

And I would link the old WBNX Kids website and some schedules, but on my school computer, the Wayback Machine is blocked because "it's a proxy".......

And I'm at my grandmother's so I don't have my Xbox to do it on.....

But yeah, Fox Kids/FoxBox/4KidsTV aired on Sunday mornings in my area.

But on the other hand, I am planning a revamp of Fox Kids, which includes mandatory carriage across ALL Fox stations.

So 4KidsTV won't even exist.........

They'll be split. I might give the Nintendo anime alongside cable rights to Pokemon, Tama and Friends and Magical DoReMi to Disney Channel.

Or even launch shows for a cable network I'm planning..............

So 4KidsTV won't even exist.........

They'll be split. I might give the Nintendo anime alongside cable rights to Pokemon, Tama and Friends and Magical DoReMi to Disney Channel.
remember something , the anime is the horse to pull the games cart, neither kirby not F-zero helped their respectly videogames(some argue it might even have helped to kill f-zero as Nintendo might have thought no one care about it) so if the anime failed to bring games sales them will be shelved as . Even OTL Mario animated movie is a ploy to get more people to Universal Themed parks(and Universal desperate attempt to get new IP)

Cable Kid-Vid in 2001
Cartoon Network
Cartoon Network Checkerboard logo (1992) by MigsGarcia5127 on DeviantArt
This year brings several new originals, Samurai Jack, Justice League, Time Squad and Grim and Evil. New shows in Toonami include Outlaw Star, The Big O, Cardcaptors, Batman Beyond, Dragon Ball, Pilot Candidate and more Gundam. This year also marked the debut of Adult Swim, which will get it's own update.
Nickelodeon
Nickelodeon Splat Logo Recreation (Variant 5) by squidetor on DeviantArt
This year brought Nickelodeon viewers The Fairly OddParents, Invader Zim, Taina, Oswald, Action League Now!, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, as well as a new Friday evening action block called SLAM!, consisting of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Virtua Fighter, Heavy Gear: The Animated Series, The Mummy: The Series and Alienators: Evolution Continues.
Fox Family
Fox Family Productions - Audiovisual Identity Database
This year was largely like IOTL, except now that Fox owns it outright and is planning a relaunch, expect the network to become more of note. This year debuted several new toons, What's with Andy?, Braceface and Totally Spies! Out of these shows, Totally Spies! would become the biggest cartoon hit out of these shows.
Disney Channel
Disney Channel | Logopedia | Fandom
This year brought The Proud Family, Lizzie McGuire, Totally Hoops and Stanley. Next year, the network will get a relaunch to go alongside it's completion of it's transition to a basic cable network. It is also rumored that the network is attempting to acquire various anime titles for next year and has already landed Zoids, which the network plans to air starting in January.
Toon Disney
Toon Disney | RangerWiki | Fandom
The network largely went it's way as OTL.......

Even got a new logo.
Noggin
Noggin Logo PNG Transparent & SVG Vector - Freebie Supply
Same as OTL, but coming in April is a relaunch of the network, which will split the network into two dayparts, preschoolers during the day, tweens and teenagers during the night.
Boomerang
Boomerang (United States)/Other | Logopedia | Fandom
Same as IOTL, but here, due to some of the dumb decisions not being made ITTL, Boomerang grows a bit faster. Now it's already in nearly 10 million homes.
Nickelodeon GaS: Games and Sports for KidsView attachment 819389Same as OTL.
Discovery Kids Channel
Logotipo de Discovery Kids (1997-2002) by ClementeXD783 on DeviantArt
Same as OTL............

However, I feel something's up at Discovery Communications and Liberty Media..........
WAM!: What Adults are MissingView attachment 819387Same as OTL.

Attachments

• 1679249107562.png
    1679249107562.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 113
All Kids Outta The Pool for............Adult Swim
Adult_Swim_2001.png

Adult Swim

Programming Block on Cartoon Network.

Launched on September 2nd, 2001.

Runs Sunday and Thursday nights from 10PM to 1AM.

Initial lineup:​
10:00 Home Movies
10:30 The Brak Show
10:45 Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
11:00 Aqua Teen Hunger Force
11:15 Sealab 2021
11:30 Space Ghost Coast to Coast
12:00 Cowboy Bebop
12:30 Cowboy Bebop​
This block would pave the way for adult animation, real mature anime getting an actual TV presence, experimental music and experimental comedy.

An action version of the block would be added the following February as "Adult Swim Action" and over the 1 year existence of the original incarnation, would consist of Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho, Lobo(the animated Flash shorts that would lead to a full series), Saber Marionette J, Trigun, El-Hazard, Tenchi Muyo, Mysterious Play, Pilot Candidate and The Big O. The original version aired from 11PM-2AM on Saturday nights.​
February 2002
11:00PM: Yu Yu Hakusho
11:30PM: Cowboy Bebop
12:00AM: Trigun
12:30AM: Pilot Candidate
1:00AM: Outlaw Star
1:30AM: Tenchi Muyo

June 2002
11:00PM: Yu Yu Hakusho
12:00AM: Trigun
12:30AM: Saber Marionette J

1:00AM: The Big O
1:30AM: Outlaw Star

July 2002:
Yu Yu Hakusho/Cowboy Bebop Marathons

September 2002:
11:00PM: Lobo
12:00AM: Mysterious Play

1:00AM: Trigun

October 2002:
11:00PM: Cowboy Bebop
11:30PM: El-Hazard

December 2002
11:00PM: Cowboy Bebop
11:30PM: El-Hazard

1:30AM: Lobo​
The OTL Comedy schedules came from Swimpedia:

The TTL Action Lineups came from both the backbones from OTL's lineups and my own brain.

In the meanwhile, here's how Adult Swim looked like when it first came out:

NBC Getting Back Into Toons????
NBC SPOKESPERSON, EARLY DECEMBER 2001

Hello, today, I am pleased to announce that NBC has entered a new programming deal with Universal Studios and Discovery Communications to provide a brand new Saturday morning block, which will begin in the Fall of 2002.

This new block will air a mixture of live-action programming and animated programming.

Details on the new block will not be revealed until the upfronts.

Good day.​

NBC SPOKESPERSON, EARLY DECEMBER 2001

Hello, today, I am pleased to announce that NBC has entered a new programming deal with Universal Studios and Discovery Communications to provide a brand new Saturday morning block, which will begin in the Fall of 2002.

This new block will air a mixture of live-action programming and animated programming.

Details on the new block will not be revealed until the upfronts.

Good day.​
let me guess discovery content to fill the EI requirements?

Play/Asobu Games/ゲームをする/Gēmu o suru
NEW GAMING STUDIO FOUNDED IN ATLANTA, GEORGIA. ASOBU GAMES IS THE NAME
Asobu-Games-logo.png

Another nice logo made by yours truly, @ExowareMasses!
Today, it has been announced that a brand new video game studio has publicly revealed it's existence. The new studio is named "Asobu". The new studio, founded by Andrew Krister, is an independent video game developer and publisher based in Krister's home town of Atlanta, Georgia. The studio's name is Japanese for "play" with their slogan being "Play Games", but in Japanese as "Gemu o suru". And they've already released their first game, "Railpunchers", for the Nintendo GameCube, in which the game was a launch title, mainly replacing "Super Monkey Ball" after Sega announced exclusivity for their and Microsoft's new console, the Microsoft-Sega X, and it appears to be selling moderately well so far, but there is plans for a Game Boy Advance, Microsoft-Sega X and PC release within the next year, with the MSX version confirmed for a March release. Andrew has stated that it's only the beginning for him and his son's potential independent media company, as his 16-year old son, A.J(Andrew Junior), is currently experimenting with Flash to create Flash animations, which he is uploading to the increasingly popular Newgrounds website, and wants to make a animation career out of it. Andrew also states that he wants to pony up the cash to acquire a few smaller studios so he could turn into a mini-major and is eyeing several studios, including the Twycross-based Rare Limited. However, for the moment, Mr. Krister wants to see what original ideas he can come up with. He also states that the company actually has been in the works for over a decade, but is only just now making itself publicly known. He is also planning several games, including a sequel to "Railpunchers", rumored for a late 2002-2003 release. On the other hand, he has another original game releasing on the Gamecube and PS2 next year, called "Verknupfung", an new fantasy RPG game. The title is German for the word "link". The founder also states that he would like to eventually expand into other areas other than video games, and in fact, has already came up with a plan to turn his "Railpunchers" game into a major franchise for the upstart studio by announcing plans for merchandise, such as toys, apparel, comics and even an animated series in development for a 2003 premiere. Andrew hopes that the studio becomes successful and is already making big plans for it. Regardless, this will be an interesting time for gamers.

Last edited:
The 21st Century Media Alliance
COMCAST, SONY PICTURES, LIBERTY MEDIA ANNOUNCES MULTIMEDIA PARTNERSHIP
Comcast | Internet Service Providers | Steamboat Springs, CO
Liberty Media - Wikipedia
Sony Pictures Entertainment | Sony Pictures Entertaiment Wiki | Fandom

Today, it has been announced that the major American cable provider Comcast, media company Liberty Media and major entertainment studio Sony Pictures Entertainment, has joined together to create a new partnership which expands to stuff such as films, television, animation and cable networks. This new deal basically has the three companies own an equal stake in each other's entertainment business, which would be 33.33% each. This deal includes Comcast's Style, stakes in Golf Channel, Outdoor Life Network, and Speedvision(Comcast keeps their stake ITTL), as well as Liberty Media's Discovery set of networks, Encore and Starz premium networks, stake in the recently revamped Odyssey Network(ITTL, because of this deal, while Hallmark gets a stake, it doesn't become Hallmark Channel), QVC shopping channel as well as Sony's Game Show Network(which Liberty also has a stake in). Also, as part of this deal, it was announced that the new alliance will also create new cable networks, some of which will begin broadcasting later this year. These new networks are mainly networks already owned by Sony that has already been broadcasting across the world and is very popular that are being brought over to America. These new three networks are the general entertainment Sony Entertainment Television, or "SET", the male-targeted AXN network, and the one of most significant note to many, especially families, is the popular anime network Animax, however, it has been confirmed that while anime will air on the network, the network would not be a all-anime network, instead, ditching the format that made Animax one of the highest-rated cable networks in Japan for a all-ages and diverse format that will air animation from across the world, including the libraries of DiC Entertainment, an animation studio that was spun off from Disney in 2000, BKN, an studio known for making many action cartoons within the last decade on syndication, most notable the anime "Monster Rancher", and the shows have even had a stint on the Sci-Fi Channel a few years back, and TV-Toonland-AG, which owns a few toons, but aside from the 80s Hasbro cartoons, is really not that notable(unless they're notable for being some of the worst cartoons ever made), as well as Sony's own cartoon library, which includes shows and toons based off Sony movie properties such as "Jumanji", "Men In Black", "Jackie Chan", "Ghostbusters" and "Max Steel". In addition, an new cable network has also been announced, the first of it's kind, an video-game television network named G4: TV For Gamers. The network will air video game and gaming-themed content. These four networks will launch later this fall.

File:Sony Logo 1995.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
AXN (Romania) | Logopedia | Fandom
Animax - Wikiwand
G4_TV_4_Gamers_logo_2004.png

The new cable networks launching this Fall.
This new partnership comes with opportunity, as we are increasingly and rapidly entering a new age of entertainment and media. It is also confirmed that Discovery Communications, using their Discovery Kids cable network, has backed out of their previous deal with NBC to provide programming to the network on Saturday mornings. We will keep tabs on this development.

Animated to the Max!
Animated to the Max!: Comcast, Sony, Liberty Media Announces Animax, New Cable Animation Network Launching This Fall.
Animax - Wikiwand

Today, as part of the recent announcement of the new partnership between Comcast, Sony and Liberty Media, we news confirmation that the new alliance is planning to launch the popular Japanese animation network, Animax, in the United States later this fall.

The new network, ditching it's original all-anime format, will air a diverse lineup of old and new animation from across the world, including Japanese anime titles.

The network is planning to air content from Sony's own animation library, in addition to the libraries of DiC Entertainment, BKN, TV-Toonland-AG, BRB International and, through a programming deal, Manga Entertainment and ADV Films.

At launch, the network will air various classic and modern animated series such as Inspector Gadget, Heathcliff, The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Carmen Sandiego, The Transformers, G.I. Joe, Jem and the Holograms, My Little Pony, Monster Rancher, Speed Racer, Dilbert, Tenchi Muyo! alongside others.

The network will have new premiere programming. Preschoolers will get their first Animax memories with Toonimals and Hello Kitty. For kids, 6-11 year olds will get excited with new programming including The Ultimate Book of Spells, The Cramp Twins, Fat Dog Mendoza and the reboot of Speed Racer. For tweens, 9-14 year olds will an awesome action-packed experience new shows like Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future, Phantom Investigators, Orphen and the Power Stone anime, based off the Capcom game series. Teens will get a proper destination for animation with premiere shows such as Rurouni Kenshin, Cyborg 009, Arc the Lad, Street Fighter, Vandread and Sorcerer Hunters. Adults will get the experience of animation made just for them with Lenore the Cute Little Dead Girl, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Martian Successor Nadesico, Dai-Guard, Those Who Hunts Elves, Cutie Honey, Blue Seed, Hellsing, Bubblegum Crisis, Gunsmith Cats and Patlabor.

In addition, a series of SET blocks have also been confirmed for the new SET network that will launch on basic cable systems nationwide this Fall.

"We're excited to be bringing the Animax brand to the United States, we are confident that Animax will be a destination for animation lovers of all ages and will make a significant mark on the animation industry", said Steve Mosko, President of Columbia TriStar Domestic Television.

"We can't wait for the many potential viewers to be amazed with Animax and it's programming", a Comcast spokesperson also said.

"Animax will provide viewers and animation fans across the country with a very diverse lineup of animation for everyone", stated John Malone, founder and CEO of Liberty Media.

Animax is slated to launch later this Fall. More information will be provided as time goes on.