Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

There would be less ashkenazim and their descendant, that's for sure, you can already remove a good part of the immigration from the Alya Beth , you can also remove the million+ of jews from the soviet union that emigrated between the 70s and the 2000s, since they would be dead ITTL. The mizrahim would be similar in number, as well as i guess the north african ones (who would likely only leave during decolonization slightly after the collapse of vichy france).

Not sure about how many arab palestinians there would be, it seems sectarian relations would be better and the confederal nature, at least by the 50s/60s would make them feel like they belong in their own, proper state i guess, i have no idea how it could evolve tho. But very likely there would be less emigration of palestinians (particularly the smaller number of christians), on the other hand they may have a higher quality of life which may decrease the natural growth, this would be particularly important in what would be IRL the gaza strip which would be less populated, but i think what is our west bank would be as populated if not more.

I don't see the jews making a larger % of the total population of Israel-Palestine compared to IRL.
Ouch, but you're probably right.

Just a little update from me - bit busy irl at the moment (again), but i did at least start my next work, which is a graphic about the tensions between Finland and Russia on Finland's continued control of Karelia, and past attempts to resolve the situation.

Bit of a preview, if you will. This is the map part of a larger graphic, that will be finished soon, but since the map is done I decided to show that first. Keep your eyes out for further context and the actual lore and stuff surrounding this.

karelia_map.png

Greater Finland is supposed to stay ITTL, anything else will have counted as revisionist rubbish in this world due to facts on the ground. Russia reclaiming it would be like Germany demanding its former eastern territories back or a new Anschluss IOTL.

Greater Finland is supposed to stay ITTL, anything else will have counted as revisionist rubbish in this world due to facts on the ground. Russia reclaiming it would be like Germany demanding its former eastern territories back or a new Anschluss IOTL.
Or perhaps, like the annexation of the Crimea. Oh wait...

Well, as will hopefully become clear later, it's not a realistic claim that is ever likely to be enforced, it's more symbolic. Russia sees greater Finland as an extension of the Nazi conquest that was never fixed, so inherently unjust because of the obvious bad memories that brings. As a result, they keep at least demanding it, even if it's unlikely anything else will happen.

Except for the fact that Russia was part of the allies, but if we ignore that and pretend that Finland was an Ally while Russia was an Axis, then yeah, it's exactly the same.

The thing is, I don't see how a reunited Russia that successfully liberates itself from Nazi control and recovers over decades doesn't actually take back this territory. Especially as many of the Russians deported to the east by Finland are likely to still be alive in the 1960s-1970s.

The thing is, I don't see how a reunited Russia that successfully liberates itself from Nazi control and recovers over decades doesn't actually take back this territory. Especially as many of the Russians deported to the east by Finland are likely to still be alive in the 1960s-1970s.

I'd say maybe fear of the west? While the west at times aren't 100% keen on backing up Finland, an actual invasion by Russia is another matter.

I'd say maybe fear of the west? While the west at times aren't 100% keen on backing up Finland, an actual invasion by Russia is another matter.

Don't see it at all.

Finland in this scenario cannot be considered part of the "West" anymore than Nazi Germany was since Finland was a co-belligerent of a victorious Third Reich. Unless Finland switched sides like Italy, Romania and Bulgaria did in OTL there isn't a major country in the world that would be opposed to Russia taking back that territory and even those three countries (Italy, Romania, and Bulgaria) ended up losing territory in the peace treaties as a result of having thrown in their lot with the wrong side in the beginning and only really switching when they were basically defeated.

The West isn't going to stop a Russian invasion of Finnish occupied Russian Karelia anymore than they would stop a Russian invasion of Nazi occupied Ukraine.

I can see the West maybe taking a different tone if Russia attempted to take say any of pre-1939 Finland.

It's a pretty map. For sure. But in the context of the scenario it simply defies any reasonable belief unfortunately.

It's even more odd that Russia would agree to an arrangement whereby they get to use the Port of Murmansk. That implicity means they have accepted Finnish control over the territory because it means it is within Finland's power to give them these access rights.

Rather it is much much more likely that sometime between 1960 and 1975 Russia retakes the area and faces Western oppobrium for attempting to go past the 1939 borders (with probably Western statements that suggest they may go from not opposing Russia's move into Karelia to outright supporting Finland if Russia continues past the 1939 borders), Russia pulls back and at the peace conferences it is Finland that manages to negotiate usage of the port of Murmansk from Russia.

Hey, nice to see you lot like the look of the HOI4 mod too. Been working on that quite a lot, but not as much as a couple of other devs.