Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by AP246, May 30, 2018.

1. TheKutKu Well-Known Member

I know touching the civil war proper may be a bit difficult since it's covered by the mod and you don't want to make things too canon about it, but i'd love seeing more about the liberation of the east, and also the Toronto Accord invasion of the low countries and germany

2. Alex1guy First Of His Name

Id like to see some Japan stuff too. With France and Britain out of the war, how did the Pacific go down?

3. HistoricalArthropod Well-Known Member

Why does Greenland retain a Nordic flag rather than the inuit one?

4. AP246 Thousand Week Reich creator

Ah, interesting! Maybe

Analytical Engine likes this.
  5. Alex1guy First Of His Name

Ive just seen your Vietnam stuff on the discord, they look like fun

6. nemo1986 Member of Red Sox Nation

Well it would depend on how thoroughly Italy managed to change the culture in Corsica in the intervening years. If they did enough Italy may be able to convince the Allies to allow a plebiscite and it could result in Corsica staying Italian. As for Libya they may be able to keep a chunk based on how the population is located.

7. HistoricalArthropod Well-Known Member

Why would all the middle eastern jews go? Wouldn't the middle east be less anti semitic in this tl?

8. Alex1guy First Of His Name

It might also depend on what France is like. After the collapse of Germania, France could fall into political and social choas (plausible considering they underwent two generations of fascist indoctrination) and perhaps the Corsicans might not want any part in that and choose the "devil they know". Itd be a sore spot for France for sure but they are relying on Atlantic aid and wouldn't really be in a position to argue with the Allies as they are rebuilding the country.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  9. AP246 Thousand Week Reich creator

Some parts maybe, but other parts perhaps not. Besides, Algeria is controlled by the fascist French State for a short while during which it's probably not a great place to be, and Syria is a Nazi-ish state.

10. Whiteshore Defender of Myrcella Baratheon

How popular is said movement ATM? Also, how did Germany recentralize over the past few decades? How much were the leaders of the various constituent regions a problem for the centralizing force in (insert German capital ITTL here)?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  11. AP246 Thousand Week Reich creator

I honestly haven't thought about these things that much. I'd say the recentralisation has been gradual, and Germany remains very decentralised for q country. The flag, I'm not sure. I'd assume most people are not as bothered, but maybe some more patriotic and nationalistic people support a more German flag like the republican Tricolour.

As for Germany's capital, it is Frankfurt.

Whiteshore likes this.
  12. Whiteshore Defender of Myrcella Baratheon

Ferd42 likes this.
  13. AP246 Thousand Week Reich creator

Whiteshore likes this.
  14. HistoricalArthropod Well-Known Member

why isn't Switzerland in the European association? Wouldn't the invasion from Germany have broken its neutrality?

15. AP246 Thousand Week Reich creator

That was raised to me, and it is a valid argument I think. I hadn't really thought of it that way and at that point I was already coming to the end of this and had decided on 5 members and such, so it was a bit awkward to change.

16. HistoricalArthropod Well-Known Member

I mean, just add one? It wouldn't be akward at all. It fills in that annoying gap for one. Also, seeing as Switzerland was damaged from the war, it would have an interest in recovery.

17. AP246 Thousand Week Reich creator

1. I don't like retconning when I can avoid it as the changes already made and the existence of a semi-separate lore for the mod makes stuff already confusing. There's constantly people getting confused by seeing and asking about old stuff that's been overwritten or confusing the slight differences between the mod and the canon.

2. It'd actually be a bit annoying to 'just' add another country to the map with the way the shadow effect works and stuff

3. I designed the flag to have 5 stars, and to remake it with 6 would be annoying.

18. HistoricalArthropod Well-Known Member

Oh dang. Well, at least make it so that Switzerland is a candidate close to joining, like Ireland and Slovenia you mentioned

19. AP246 Thousand Week Reich creator

Sure. That's now canon :)

Ferd42 likes this.
  20. HIM Dogson Rationally Royalist

In the mod itself, will it be possible to avoid the collapse of the Reich and the German civil war, or is that scripted?

Whiteshore likes this.