Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by AP246, May 30, 2018.

1. AP246 Thousand Week Reich creator

It's possible, but hard, to avoid the civil war. Beyond that, anything is really down to the skill of the player. Nothing is hard coded, the odds are just stacked heavily against Germany (they usually get a civil war including mass rebellion across their eastern territories, the industry and military they are up against is much bigger than them, the western powers could attack them during the civil war or otherwise). Really in a game like HOI4, it's just down to the skill and knowledge of the player, unless you literally hard code them to lose. I mean, people have done Luxembourg world conquests in HOI4, so you see what I mean.

2. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

As I understand it, it is technically two questions: can the German Civil War be avoided (yes, but the path there is tricky and has costs of its own), and can the collapse of the Reich be avoided (within the timeframe of the mod, yes, even if the German Civil War fires, but it all but requires a quick victory if so).

3. AP246 Thousand Week Reich creator

The Nazi Astronaut - Fixed (kinda)

So, with Apollo 11's 50th anniversary coming up and all the documentaries it's bringing, it got me thinking about how space exploration could look in TWR, since there's no cold war and presumably no space race. I haven't thought about that in itself now, but it's definitely something interesting I'd like to explore in future!

What I did want to do is fix the many embarrassing spelling and syntax mistakes in my one piece that did involve spaceflight. However, I realised the original svg was lost along with my old laptop... Well, I wasn't going to let that stop me, so I simply got the png file from online where I'd uploaded it and manually matched up new text on top of the old, editing where I could. You can kinda tell it's been edited but, oh well, I just wanted to fix the mistakes.

Well, here it is:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  4. SpudNutimus Member

Some fanart I made for TWR, a map of Europe in 1952. twreurope_3.png

5. SpudNutimus Member

Fixed a typo in Bulgaria twreurope_3.png

6. Spencer Pease Well-Known Member

With the end of the war I think Petain’s France should be classified as a German ally rather than a puppet state. This being because it’s been given back northern France and still has a sizable colonial empire and fleet. Therefore, it’s totally capable of resisting complete Nazi subjugation.

Also, I think Turkey and the post-Soviet states in the Caucasus’ should be TA members or associates. Maybe Iraq too given neighboring Syria.

7. Tamara Well-Known Member

So what’s the language situation in modern day Zapadoslavia? Has a single Zapadodlav language been created, or are Polish, Czech, and Slovak still spoken? Are there any internal tensions between the different groups? What about in Baltica?

8. AP246 Thousand Week Reich creator

I doubt they'd create a single language, and I think despite everything it'd have to be pretty decentralised between the three groups. Yes, I feel like there's probably some tension and some people who aren't happy with it, especially perhaps by the modern day, but most people are on board.

Baltica is probably even more complex and decentralised, but it's a small country so I think most people are ok with the new status quo.

Archangel likes this.
  9. Whiteshore Defender of Myrcella Baratheon

So, what is the dynamic between the three states comprising Zapadoslavia like?

10. AP246 Thousand Week Reich creator

Poland is dominant, but not as much as you'd expect. Their population was the most devastated proportionally of the three countries, and the most of any country under Nazi occupation, with somewhat over half being killed during the Nazi period. Poland still remains the largest of the three, but not by as much as it would have otherwise. Second is Czechia, and third and smallest is Slovakia.

In terms of relations between the three, I'd say pretty good, since they all see each other as allies against the Nazis... to an extent. Some old rivalries may remain, but in a more 'friendly' way, like between the countries within the UK, except I think secessionism is probably less popular than it is in Scotland for example.

The biggest sticking point is probably Slovakia being seen as having 'got off easy', since a small puppet state of Slovakia was created by the Nazi invasion of Czechoslovakia. The Slovaks still suffered under the Nazi occupation, but undoubtable the least, being mostly not under direct German control.

Tamara likes this.
  11. Whiteshore Defender of Myrcella Baratheon

Anyways, what about Armenia and Georgia? How did they gain independence during the fall of the USSR to the Nazis?

12. AP246 Thousand Week Reich creator

I haven't explored stuff in detail. I remember during research there was some vague stuff about an attempt for Georgian nationalists to secede, which i thought could happen and they become an independent state under loose Nazi influence.I haven't explored stuff in detail. I remember during research there was some vague stuff about an attempt for Georgian nationalists to secede, which i thought could happen and they become an independent state under loose Nazi influence.

xsampa and Whiteshore like this.
  13. Tamara Well-Known Member

That makes sense. Thank you.