Eleanor surely will be a fine Queen for England and hopefully Henry will not break her heart too hard.
She certainly will, and Eleanor will be among the most memorable Queen's of England.. As for how she reacts to his tendencies, we shall see, but she won't be happy. Thank you so very much!

She certainly will, and Eleanor will be among the most memorable Queen's of England.. As for how she reacts to his tendencies, we shall see, but she won't be happy. Thank you so very much!
The Eleanors tended to be memorable queen of England historically.
Eleanor of Aquitaine was probably the most famous women in medieval europe, Eleanor of Provence restored the queenship to a political and cultural powerhouse with both strenghts and weaknesses from her natal family, and Eleanor of Castile might have been a heinous bitch to deal with to anyone who crossed her, but culturally she was impressive, imported a lot of southern habits and came from a very important royal family in Castile. Plus she managed to have 16 kids, take part of a crusade and stay happily married to Edward I. That took some serious mettle.

This fourth Eleanor has a lot to live up to, but she's off to a decent start.

Last edited:
Eleanor of Aquitaine was probably the most famous women in medieval europe, Eleanor of Savoy restored the queenship to a political and cultural powerhouse with both strenghts and weaknesses from her natal family, and Eleanor of Castile might have been a heinous bitch to deal with to anyone who crossed her, but culturally she was impressive, imported a lot of southern habits and came from a very important royal family in Castile. Plus she managed to have 16 kids, take part of a crusade and stay happily married to Edward I. That took some serious mettle.

Eleanor of Savoy? Her mother was a Savoy but she was Eleanor of Provence

Eleanor of Aquitaine was probably the most famous women in medieval europe, Eleanor of Savoy restored the queenship to a political and cultural powerhouse with both strenghts and weaknesses from her natal family, and Eleanor of Castile might have been a heinous bitch to deal with to anyone who crossed her, but culturally she was impressive, imported a lot of southern habits and came from a very important royal family in Castile. Plus she managed to have 16 kids, take part of a crusade and stay happily married to Edward I. That took some serious mettle.

Let's just say that Eleanor of Austria will be somewhat similar in vindictiveness to Eleanor of Castile...

Chapter 55, December 1512
Alcázar of Seville, Kingdom of Castile, December 1512

The wine flowed freely, the musicians plucked the strings of their vihuelas’, and the mood was merry. There was good reason for all of these, for it was Christmas time after all. They all enjoyed a private celebration, in Catalina’s antechamber. The children, ranging in age from her nephew Ferdinand to Pelayo, the newborn son of Gabriel Manrique and Maria de Salinas, were all sleeping. Juana twirled in the middle of the room, the sound of her high-spirited laugh, permeating through the room. As she stopped she sipped more wine, her cheeks red, and raised the half-empty goblet into the air,”To my daughter Eleanor, the Queen of England. May she bear the Tudor King many children, so that I will be a grandmother before my fortieth year.”
Catalina and the others rose their own drinks and she nodded her head, a warm smile on her face,”I too hope that my niece finds herself to be a mother soon, I trust that God shall bless their union.”
This was met with affirmative applause by those there, as they seemed to share these hopes for young Eleanor.
She then grinned and brought her own cup of wine to her capuchin and the monkey licked what was left up, and she chuckled,”Do you like that Jorge, it is a special treat for this day.”
Jorge clearly liked the wine, and soon enough fell asleep thanks to its effects and was carried to his cage by a servant. The celebrations continued, and as Catalina bit into a piece of sweet lemon marzipan, Maria de Salinas beamed,”We are on the verge of a splendid world, are not?”
Catalina smiled in return,”We certainly are, Mi querida prima, we certainly are.”
PS: A shorter chapter, but I thought It would be nice to give you all a glimpse into the Spanish reaction to Eleanor's wedding, as well as into other events in that court.