Good to know who Joao and Catarina will have a better relationship when they will be older... And right now is pretty normal who a girl of five years and half will be more interested in playing with a seven years old girl than talking with a boy of ten years so Joao will do better to keep his delusion for himself and do not blame little Catarina (and if she had been more interested he would have likely tired of her quickly)
Ferdinand and Isabella are so cute together (but her title is infanta not princess. In the Iberian kingdoms Prince/Princess is used only in the title for the heir of throne)

Last edited:
Good to know who Joao and Catarina will have a better relationship when they will be older... And right now is pretty normal who a girl of five years and half will be more interested in playing with a seven years older girl than talking with a boy of ten years so Joao will do better to keep his delusion for himself and do not blame little Catarina (and if she had been more interested he would have likely tired of her quickly)
Ferdinand and Isabella are so cute together (but her title is infanta not princess. In the Iberian kingdoms Prince/Princess is used only in the title for the heir of throne)
Yeah, it is true that their attention did not last long with each other, but it's to be expected. Yeah I know, I just thought that Madam Princess would sound better than something including Infanta, but I changed it. Thank you!

Chapter 54, November 1512
Greenwich Palace, Kingdom of England, November 1512

Sun shone through the windows of the chapel, while the men and women within murmured, the sound of trumpets blaring as an entourage made its entrance. That entourage was that of the girl who would be Queen of England, while her predecessor looked on. Giovanna fixed her gaze upon young Eleanor, who wore a satin dress of cream, while her veil was silk of the same color. The girl to her left whispered,”What do you think of her mother?”
She turned to Catherine, feeling a sudden sadness in having to leave the younger children behind with her mother,”She’s rich and young, pretty enough too from what I can see. I hope that your brother does not stray from her.”

Catherine pursed her lips,”I should think so, did he not set aside the Frenchwoman?”
Giovanna nodded,”Yes, Mistress Popincourt has been engaged to William Willoughby, and they will wed in August, a fine match for the both of them. So yes, without Jane I think that Henry and Eleanor may be happy with another.”

“Good, I should hope so.”

Giovanna returned to looking at the teen girl as she said the vows alongside Henry and mused, This is the girl that is to be Queen of England, I hope that she is not too frightened by the prospect.

Eleanor of Austria sat in her chair, flanked by her ladies. Her wedding feast had concluded over an hour ago, and she had bathed, changing into her nightclothes. Her chief lady, Johanne, a Dutchwoman from Rotterdam brushed her chestnut curls. As she continued doing so Eleanor asked,”What do you think of King Henry Lady Johanne?”
The older blonde woman suppressed a chuckle,”Well, I’ve seldom seen a man as handsome as he… Charming too my dear, I think that you can do very well for yourself as Queen of this land.”

Eleanor smirked to herself as she heard this, for she had the exact same impression as her lady. Soon enough Johanne had finished brushing Eleanor’s hair, and one of her German ladies, Helga, fetched the young Queen a cup of wine. Eleanor sipped the wine, frowning,”This is not very good, I swear the only reason why the feast was any good is that it did not have any English food.”

Johanne took the cup away, and replaced it with a goblet of water, and as she took it into her hands Eleanor asked,”Tell me Johanne, you have been married twice so you must know… Does it hurt when a man first takes you to his bed?”
The other woman frowned,”Yes, but if he is gentle it should not hurt too badly.”

Eleanor nodded at this,”Good, I trust that he should know what he is doing.”

She looked to Johanne, prodding her for information,”Tell me, have you seen him look at other women today, in ways that he should not?”
Johanne shook her head,”No I have not milady, he seemed to have eyes for you alone tonight.”

“That is well, thank you.”

Eleanor drank some of her water, which was, fortunately, better than the wine,”May I tell you something frank Johanne?”
“Of course my Queen.”

She smiled slightly,”This may sound foolish, but, I think that I love King Henry, even though we have just met. He made me laugh so many times during the feast, and he flatters me so, I can think of no better pastime than being his wife!”

Johanne grinned at this,”Oh that is not foolish at all. I fell in love with my husband’s quickly as well and loved them until the day that God took them from this world; Korneel after just a year of marriage in the winter of 1490, while I was married to Lars for nearly twenty years, until as you know, he died two autumns ago. What you feel is natural, and I am happy to see that you love the King of England.”

As Eleanor rose to her feet, there was a knock on the door, and an announcement from one of the King’s heralds’ outside the room,”His majesty, King Henry.”

The man entered, this time without the cap that he usually wore, and his fiery red hair gleamed in the candlelight. He cleared his throat,”Milady, I have come to see that we are wed in the eyes of God and man alike.”

The young woman could not help but shiver at the thought and waved her ladies away. Once they were alone, the two met halfway across the room, their lips meeting in a deep kiss. After breaking off for a moment Eleanor looked at him, tilting her head back, and smiled coquettishly,”Then let us be wed.”

Henry swept her up off her feet with surprising speed, and kissed her as he set her upon the bed, tugging at her nightclothes,”I promise you that I will be gentle my dear.”
Eleanor giggled at this, and kissed him back, running her hands across his back, and thought, I wish that all women could experience such love.

Last edited:
Why do I have the feeling Johanne is going to be caught up in an affair with Henry? Let's just hope Henry VIII doesn't take after his Grandfather and get Margaret pregnant, too soon. Great update!

Why do I have the feeling Johanne is going to be caught up in an affair with Henry? Let's just hope Henry VIII doesn't take after his Grandfather and get Margaret pregnant, too soon. Great update!
Eleanor is already fourteen, Margaret Beaufort was younger

Well actually, even though Johanne agrees that agrees that Henry is handsome, she won't do anything about it, she's a widow in her forties and is loyal to Eleanor above all else (her daughters, who will be mentioned later are also within Eleanor's household).. Still, there will eventually be some drama on the Henry-Eleanor front.. Technically this isn't as bad as Henry's paternal grandparents, as Eleanor is fourteen, not twelve, and she may not immediately become pregnant, but we shall see.. Thank you so much!

Eleanor is already fourteen, Margaret Beaufort was younger
Yes, I think Margaret Beaufort was closer to twelve...
Margaret Beaufort was born in 1443 and had Henry VII in 1457, so she would've been about Eleanor's age.
Well actually, even though Johanne agrees that agrees that Henry is handsome, she won't do anything about it, she's a widow in her forties and is loyal to Eleanor above all else (her daughters, who will be mentioned later are also within Eleanor's household).. Still, there will eventually be some drama on the Henry-Eleanor front.. Technically this isn't as bad as Henry's paternal grandparents, as Eleanor is fourteen, not twelve, and she may not immediately become pregnant, but we shall see.. Thank you so much!
Hopefully the drama isn't as bad as the drama between Henry's wives in otl!

Margaret Beaufort was born in 1443 and had Henry VII in 1457, so she would've been about Eleanor's age.

Hopefully the drama isn't as bad as the drama between Henry's wives in otl!
Well I think Margaret was like 13, and that isn't quite as developed as being 14 (ick but less likely to die in childbirth)... Oh it won't be so bad, but there will still be plenty of drama

Last edited:
Well I think Margaret was like 13, and that isn't quite as developed as being 14 (ick but less likely to die in childbirth)... Oh it won't be in bad, but there will still be plenty of drama
Yes, but she was only a few months away from 14 at that stage, so more or less the same age a Eleanor. I imagine Fitzroy will come up in that drama.

Casting Choices for Henry VIII, The Second Tudor King of England (c.2014) (Season 1, post 1)
Henry VIII, The Second Tudor King of England (c.2014)
Ruairi O'Connor as Henry VIII
The Spanish Princess Recap: Episode 6 –

Rose Williams as Eleanor of Austria
Sanditon' Star Rose Williams Steals the Show in 'Medici' Season 3 | Decider

Nikki Blonsky as Giovanna of Naples
The Real Reason Nikki Blonsky Stopped Acting

Sai Bennet as Mary Tudor, Queen of Denmark
True Story Of Mary Tudor's Secret Wedding In The Spanish Princess ⋆ News:  Art, Travel, Design, Technology

Last edited:
I was sort of thing that Henry gets lots of Doughters but still no sons is also makes me wonder if Catherine of Aragon will end up back to England the title of the story is there and back again.

I was sort of thing that Henry gets lots of Doughters but still no sons is also makes me wonder if Catherine of Aragon will end up back to England the title of the story is there and back again.
Oh, she will end up returning at some point, but not exactly for that reason.... As for his legitimate children, let's just say that Henry and Eleanor will have quite a few.. Thank you so very much!

Ruairi O'Connor as Henry VIII
The Spanish Princess Recap: Episode 6 –

Rose Williams as Eleanor of Austria
Sanditon' Star Rose Williams Steals the Show in 'Medici' Season 3 | Decider' Star Rose Williams Steals the Show in 'Medici' Season 3 | Decider

Nikki Blonsky as Giovanna of Naples
The Real Reason Nikki Blonsky Stopped Acting

Sai Bennet as Mary Tudor, Queen of Denmark
True Story Of Mary Tudor's Secret Wedding In The Spanish Princess ⋆ News:  Art, Travel, Design, Technology's Secret Wedding In The Spanish Princess ⋆ News:  Art, Travel, Design, Technology
I like the casting choices! Lovely chapter too - Glad to see Henry and Eleanor are getting down to business, haha!

I like the casting choices! Lovely chapter too - Glad to see Henry and Eleanor are getting down to business, haha!
I'm glad that you liked them, I really wasn't sure to pick for Giovanna as she got a bit older. Yeah, they certainly are, they know their duty to England, and Eleanor definitely loves Henry. Thank you so much!

Casting Choices for Henry VIII, The Second Tudor King of England (c.2014) (Season 1, post 2)
Toby Regbo as William Willoughby, Baron of Willoughby de Eresby
File:Toby cover.png - Wikimedia Commons

Amaia Salamanca as Antonia de Cardona, Baroness of Willoughby de Eresby
Five Questions with 'Grand Hotel' Actress Amaia Salamanca | KCET

Yael Grobglas as Jane Popincourt
Pin by Mira on OC | Reign, Beauty, Pretty people

Kristin Scott Thomas as Elizabeth Boleyn (Née Howard)
The Other Boleyn Girl - Kristin Scott Thomas foto (21619385) - fanpop

Last edited:
Toby Regbo as William Willoughby, Baron of Willoughby de Eresby
File:Toby cover.png - Wikimedia Commons

Amaia Salamanca as Antonia de Cardona, Baroness of Willoughby de Eresby
Five Questions with 'Grand Hotel' Actress Amaia Salamanca | KCET'Grand Hotel' Actress Amaia Salamanca | KCET

Yael Grobglas as Jane Popincourt
Olivia D'Amencourt | Reign CW Wiki | Fandom'Amencourt | Reign CW Wiki | Fandom

Kristin Scott Thomas as Elizabeth Boleyn (Née Howard)
The Other Boleyn Girl - Kristin Scott Thomas foto (21619385) - fanpop
We have the same mental Elizabeth Howard! :)