They know that Edward the Confessor and the other Anglo-Saxon kings were real people and still don't count them, so even if they firmly believe in King Arthur's existence, they are not going to include him in the numbering. Arthur Tudor or Arthur of Brittany or any other Arthur would have been Arthur I. Or just Arthur if they are the only monarch with that name.
This is definitely true, and to me it shows that they didn't really count any of the pre-Norman kings (smart considering legitimacy concerns) thank you so much for your input!

Days Henry has gone without breaking Eleanor’s hurt: Too Long, something’s going to happen very soon!

Brilliant update!
Thank you for your praise! This is all true, but I will say that unless he didn't like his wife, it normally took awhile for his eye to wander, especially if she wasn't pregnant yet. Their bliss will be interrupted soon though...

This is certainly correct, and that's how he would've been styled. Thank you very much!

I imagine that likely by the 16th century they would've realized it was just a legend, though sadly Henry and Eleanor will not be naming one of their children Arthur.. Thank you so very much!
Actually its wrong. The OTL plan by Henry VII was to style his son as Arthur II to play on the notion of a noble ancestor to give the Tudors more gravitas. Henry VII was painfully aware his claim was little more than "I won so I'm King" and was continually looking for ways to big it up. One of those ways was a claim of Arthur as an ancestor , hence the naming of his son and the planned numbering to reinforce that.

Actually its wrong. The OTL plan by Henry VII was to style his son as Arthur II to play on the notion of a noble ancestor to give the Tudors more gravitas. Henry VII was painfully aware his claim was little more than "I won so I'm King" and was continually looking for ways to big it up. One of those ways was a claim of Arthur as an ancestor , hence the naming of his son and the planned numbering to reinforce that.
Playing on the Camelot connection and ancestry sure but Arthur would still be King Arthur not Arthur II as the first one was NEVER King of England

If Queen Eleanor is smart (and I am sure @Awkwardvulture said she was) she will make sure her Ladies are as plain as possible and dress down as much as Court life will allow to make sure none catch the King's eye.

Going a stage further given it was expected King's would have a mistress, then Eleanor sets up a match for Henry with someone she actually controls- if the Mistress ends up pregenant, then line up another to ensure the King is satisfied and therefore not looking to replace her with some floozy.
Eleanor is very clever yes, but at the moment she's still a (understandably) naive teenaged girl who thinks her husband will always treat her right.. Though you are right, she will certainly have plans once Henry's nature becomes apparent to her.. Thank you so much!

Playing on the Camelot connection and ancestry sure but Arthur would still be King Arthur not Arthur II as the first one was NEVER King of England
That really depends on how much propaganda they intended to use. As it stands we'll never know, but I wouldn't put it past Henry VII and perhaps Arthur to proclaim that he was Arthur II. It might not fit the traditional numbering of their kings, but that could be changed to fit their purposes. This happened in Sweden in the 16th century as well, where they changed their numberings to fit a mythologically connected propaganda connecting their dynasty to ancient legendary Swedish kings.

Thank you for your praise! This is all true, but I will say that unless he didn't like his wife, it normally took awhile for his eye to wander, especially if she wasn't pregnant yet. Their bliss will be interrupted soon though...
I suppose, though Eleanor will be in for a real shock when Henry gets distracted.

Can Henry and Eleanor name one of their daughters Catherine? It would be a good touch to honour one of the most powerful women in Europe at this time and regent for Eleanor's brother Ferdinand.

Can Henry and Eleanor name one of their daughters Catherine? It would be a good touch to honour one of the most powerful women in Europe at this time and regent for Eleanor's brother Ferdinand.
It would be touching yes, but they have other ideas for names, especially given how many sisters the two of them have, as well as the fact that Henry will likely want to name a child after his mother... I assure you though that some other people that are close to Catalina will honor her in a similar way.... Thank you so very much!

I would picture there being a Infanta Catalina from Ferdinand and Isabella who will grow up to become one of the most awesome princesses ever...

Chapter 57, May 1513
Alcázar of Segovia, Kingdom of Castile, April 1513

She stood in the strategy hall, looking over a map of Europe, the Italian peninsula being the center of attention. That pig Louis once more seeks to devour Italy, it seems that it once more falls to us to stop him. The Duke of Albuquerque entered the room and received curious looks from Catalina as well as the grandees with her. He bowed his head stiffly, and mumbled,”Milady, I have news from Milan…”

She rose her brow, pacing around the table,”What of it? Have the French marched on it yet?”
The old man shook his head,”No they have yet to take the city, yet I still bear ill tidings. The Duke, Massimilano has passed just last month, they say it is Consumption but others say it is poison.”

Catalina pursed her lips, but showed little other reaction,”Well that complicates the situation does it not?”

The Duke of Aliaga nodded,”Yes it does, and now his brother Francesco rules. There are reports that he married his cousin Bona to secure his hold on Milan.”

An idea took hold in her mind, and she soon shared it with the grandees, blue eyes lit up in realization,”Then we must welcome offer the two and Bona’s mother refuge here should Milan fall.”

Most of those there seemed elated by the proposal, though a few were indifferent while Aliaga was visibly displeased,”But madam, your father in Aragon may wish to take them in instead.”

Catalina gave the man a razor-thin smile,”That is correct, but might I remind you that I rule in Castile, not he. They will be safer here as well, for King Louis will not be able to pressure us as he could my father.”

The man shrunk away at this, and mumbled an apology, so she looked towards the Admiral Fadrique Enríquez II,”Cousin, if it appears that Milan should fall I would have you send a fleet to ferry the Sforza to Almería, I trust that you will keep them from falling into French hands.”

Fadrique nodded, his age showing as what little hair he had left was now completely grey,”Of course milady.”

Catalina crossed herself,”Good, then you are all dismissed, with God’s help we will make sure that the French cannot hold Milan.”

Last edited:
Castile is not a great refuge for them, as Bona and Francesco are more likely to search refuge at the Imperial Court, if reaching her mother’s lands of Bari is too dangerous but still protection from Castile would be appreciated

Castile is not a great refuge for them, as Bona and Francesco are more likely to search refuge at the Imperial Court, if reaching her mother’s lands of Bari is too dangerous but still protection from Castile would be appreciated
Hopefully they’ll be able to hold Milan and won’t even need to seek refuge...but i totally agree, Castile is unlikely.