Given the number of pregnancies he put Anne through otl and the lack of bastards, it seems fairly likely that he stuck to his marriage bed, so it seems appropriate

Also, lovely to see the Spanish royal family relaxing together. It’ll be interesting when Maria and Catalina have to leave for England soon. Will Juana be allowed to travel with them and visit her daughter? Or does she have to stay in Castile as queen?
Yeah he certainly was an interesting man, wish I knew a bit more about him, but his brother is always the focus.

Thank you, I'm glad that you thought so! Juana will likely stay in Castile, as though she's technically not the Queen anymore, such a journey could be taxing for a woman of her age. There will be some uh interesting mentions of her by her daughter and Catalina though..

Thank you, I'm glad that you thought so! Juana will likely stay in Castile, as though she's technically not the Queen anymore, such a journey could be taxing for a woman of her age. There will be some uh interesting mentions of her by her daughter and Catalina though..
Ahh fair. Although otl she lived another 20 years, and with a better life here, I imagine that she’s still in good health :)

True, but wasn’t she also essentially locked away and with less than stellar care? Here she is more free and seems to be in better care, so that should leave her in better health?
It should, technically. Codie knows he can text me whenever he wants any medical advice (I'm a nurse)

Those 20 years were not good to her. She died a painful death of illness. She had bed sores.

True, but wasn’t she also essentially locked away and with less than stellar care? Here she is more free and seems to be in better care, so that should leave her in better health?

It should, technically. Codie knows he can text me whenever he wants any medical advice (I'm a nurse)

I'll keep this all in mind, though I do think Juana especially hated sea travel. I will however consider her seeing them off at the port though...

I'll keep this all in mind, though I do think Juana especially hated sea travel. I will however consider her seeing them off at the port though...
Oh, yes. Undoubtedly Juana has all the reasons for hating sea travel and I can not see her being willing to go too near to a ship. Going to the port already would be not easy for her

Well it is good that Ferdinand will set the mother and daughter up nicely, some don’t acknowledge the bastards so it’s nice he does.

New Spain still happens then? Poor natives.

“Maria’s engagement to the Prince of Wales” - well it hope it all goes smoothly for them both.

Well it is good that Ferdinand will set the mother and daughter up nicely, some don’t acknowledge the bastards so it’s nice he does.

New Spain still happens then? Poor natives.

“Maria’s engagement to the Prince of Wales” - well it hope it all goes smoothly for them both.
Yeah he'll make his son publicly provide for the girl, even if he's rather ashamed of the boy's conduct, and young Maria will be set up with a good life.

Yeah it still has, I imagine things are better administered, but even so things won't be too good for the Native people's.

Hopefully it will, and we'll found that all out soon!

Chapter 187, October 1534
Eltham Palace, Kingdom of England, October 1534

Settling baby Cecily into Eltham had been harder for Eleanor than she had anticipated. The baby herself whined during the short journey, and still fussed well into her second day there. But it was not that which worried Eleanor. She knew she would be fine, changing surroundings was distressing to babies, from what she heard, but the child would adjust. She just wondered if she herself would adjust to Cecily’s new home. She’d see her from time to time she was sure, but she felt a special connection to little Cecily, one that she hadn’t had with her younger children, save for Phillip and perhaps Margaret. So, she had decided she’d stay the day after Cecily came to Eltham, though noon, her departure time, was coming all too soon. It wasn’t just that either, Eleanor hadn’t gotten to see her eldest son either, as he himself changed establishments.

The Prince of Wales had, for nearly a year now, been moved to Oatlands. This now made his separate household official, though he had always been more itinerant than his younger siblings. With that said he still visited regularly, given how close the two palaces were to one another. This was not one such occasion, though Eleanor had hoped that their schedules may align. Things seemed fine at the moment in Eltham, though she wondered if the absence of the boy, a natural leader, if a bit high-strung, had caused some discord among the other children.

Princess Margaret had an idea of how to pass the time, and as Eleanor knew, she wasn’t going to let such an idea go to waste.

“I know what we should do… I think we should all play cards! Mama and Papa love it too. I’m sure mama will join us, and so will papa, once he and Phillip are done with their ride. Phillip could watch too!”

Eleanor’s second son seemed less than thrilled by the idea, putting his book of hours on the bookshelf and shaking his head,”But Phillip is too little. He’ll ruin it somehow!”

The governess, Lady Bryan, looked ready to chastise the boy, but before she could step in, his sister Margaret straightened and rose to her feet, posture straight and determined.

Margaret’s eyes were narrow, and sharp as she looked at her older brother,”Harry says you have to be nice to Phillip. If you’d just be patient with him, he might want to play you more.”

Edward shot a glare at his sister,“Harry isn’t here!”

Princess Joan suddenly chimed in, voice dripping with sarcasm,”Well if you ask me it’s pretty stupid to be jealous of our little brother. He’s not even old enough to learn French. Don’t be silly Edward, you're smarter than that.”

The Duke of York scowled, and his expression grew darker as he saw his mother’s pleased expression,“I should go to the schoolroom, Master More expects me…”

“Yes, you should go study, my Lord York…” Eleanor concurred.

So, Edward left the room, still looking displeased, but at least gave the others a little wave before he went. It was, in the Queen’s mind, for the best, that he left.

If she were being completely honest, Eleanor had her favorites among her children, and Edward was not among them. In any case, she would not need him. Her eldest was going to be King of England, and in a few years, she’d have grandchildren by him. Mary had the honor of giving her the first, a chubby, large boy named James born just over two weeks after Cecily. It was funny how that turned out, and Eleanor felt lucky that both she and her daughter made it through their pregnancies. She wondered if she would be so fortunate when Mary had another child. Nonetheless, she was willing to play along when Margaret asked her to and took the deck of cards that Joan passed into her hand.

She looked at the first one, a richly dressed, red-haired man wearing a purple hat, I have a King. How fitting.

It was not long after that Henry came in, smiling, and guiding little Phillip by the hand. The brown-haired little boy was very happy to be with his father, hugging his father’s leg before coming over to sit on the Turkish rug, next to his mother.

Eleanor patted her youngest son on the shoulder with her free hand,”My darling boy, I’m glad that you your papa had a good time! Now, watch us all play a game, you may hold an extra card, if you wish.”

The King chuckled,” Almost all of us are here I see. I do hope that Edward joins us soon. In the meantime, my dears, let’s play some cards!”

St. James’s Palace, Kingdom of England, November 1534
It was just her, Johanne, and Martijna in her reception chamber, for it was only those two whom she could completely trust with this. Such a matter required absolute discretion. For she was to meet with someone who was to provide an important service to her. Said person was Gunther Bauer, a German, from Thuringia to be exact, and he carried gardener’s tools, though it was not weeds that he pruned. It was people, the gardener routine was an act, so that they may both be above suspicion.

In truth, the man was the captain of a small company of mercenaries, who had wandered to England that August in search of work. None was forthcoming, so when the Queen offered him the chance to meet for an opportunity, he was eager to do so, even if there was the strange condition of posing as a gardener.

Eleanor made sure to open with the subject of payment,“You’ll be well compensated… Trust me. What I need pruned is hardly worth the sack of silver, but for what they lack in value, I make up for in hatred.”

The older, bald man didn’t even blink,”What is it that you need me to do, Your Majesty?”

She leaned in and whispered into Gunther’s ear,”Elizabeth Amadas. I want her disposed of. Make it look like a robbery…. I’m sure Lord Clarence’s whore has some jewels on her person. Take them, you can keep them too. A nice little bonus…”

Before backing away, she whispered,”And if you think to betray me, well, let’s just say I can accuse you of all manner things. The punishment for which would be… most severe.”

The mercenary captain blinked at that and murmured,”This is well worth my time, and I will not betray you. I promise you.”

Eleanor of Austria dismissed the man with a haughty wave of her hand,”Good, see to it that you don’t. I will meet with you again when the job is done. You will get half the coin now, the other then. I will remember you, and you will get what you are owed for your help…”

Last edited:
She leaned in and whispered into Gunther’s ear,”Elizabeth Amadas. I want her disposed of. Make it look like a robbery…. I’m sure Lord Clarence’s whore has some jewels on her person. Take them, you can keep them too. A nice little bonus…”
Did Eleanor order a hit on some innocent woman? What the heck is going on?

Eleanor is pretty much the Evil Queen from Snow White at this point, isn’t she?

Also, I kinda like Edward here. Let him be moody with his books in peace