Not sure if it was intentional or not, but I couldn’t help thinking of that scene in The Tudors where Anne discovers she is pregnant and Catherine dies. If intentional it’s a nice reference :)
Yes that actually was intentional. I believed that the reference would be neat to some, and ironic given that it is in celebration of Catherine of Aragon's good fortune. Good job on picking up on it! Thank you very much!

Chapter 56, February 1514
Windsor Castle, Kingdom of England, February 1513

Husband and wife met in the gardens, lips meeting in a most unchaste kiss. After a short moment, Henry pulled away, cheeks flushed. Eleanor smirked brushing a small needle from the hedge off of her sleeve,”You are most gallant my lord King.”

The Queen of England heard a stifled giggle from where her ladies stood, a fair distance away for privacy, followed by a hiss of chastisement from Johanne, the lady’s mother,”Enough Carolijn!”

Her husband chuckled, embracing her while lovingly running his hands through her brown hair,”Apparently you are not the only one to think so.”

She grinned in turn, caressing her husband’s cheek. As he leaned in for another kiss, Eleanor gasped,”Take me here my love, right now.”

Henry winked, an expression that made Eleanor desire him more than she ever thought possible,”Well I suppose I must if you insist upon it.”

He pulled his shirt off, the red hairs on his body standing up at the chill, and Eleanor kissed him hard on the lips. She then jumped into Henry’s arms, legs wrapped around his hips as the two shared their unrestrained passion in the gardens.

PS: I hope this didn't seem too smutty, but I wanted to show that Henry and Eleanor are very much in love during the early months of their marriage.

Last edited:
I mentioned this because of the King Arthur of legend...

For a very long time, the kings of England accepted Arthur as a real person...

Still he was NOT a King of England. The only possible Arthur I was Arthur of Brittany, who England NEVER recognised as King (and as he was fighting for the crown with his uncle John, who was ancestor of all the successive Kings of England). The numeration of the Kings of England started with William the Conqueror

They know that Edward the Confessor and the other Anglo-Saxon kings were real people and still don't count them, so even if they firmly believe in King Arthur's existence, they are not going to include him in the numbering. Arthur Tudor or Arthur of Brittany or any other Arthur would have been Arthur I. Or just Arthur if they are the only monarch with that name.

Days Henry has gone without breaking Eleanor’s hurt: Too Long, something’s going to happen very soon!

Brilliant update!

If Queen Eleanor is smart (and I am sure @Awkwardvulture said she was) she will make sure her Ladies are as plain as possible and dress down as much as Court life will allow to make sure none catch the King's eye.

Going a stage further given it was expected King's would have a mistress, then Eleanor sets up a match for Henry with someone she actually controls- if the Mistress ends up pregenant, then line up another to ensure the King is satisfied and therefore not looking to replace her with some floozy.

King Arthur of England during his life to become King Arthur I as soon one of his successors as King used that name
This is certainly correct, and that's how he would've been styled. Thank you very much!

I imagine that likely by the 16th century they would've realized it was just a legend, though sadly Henry and Eleanor will not be naming one of their children Arthur.. Thank you so very much!

Last edited: