Introductory Post
  • The Colossus of the New World
    A Collaborative Graphics TL

colossus logo 3.jpg

"When we get a good quote to open the TL
    It will go here, for all to see.
    For now this spot waits, filled with empty words.

It yearns for its moment. Its time to shine.
    It's gonna be waiting for a while though.
    Did I trick you into reading this?
    If so, don't post about it.
    Feel free to reply for other reasons though.

So it begins."

- Wenceslaus Velda*

Introduction:

Alright. Here goes nothing. There have been quite a few large-scale worldbuilding projects on this site, and they all seem to follow a similar theme: the United States (or some part of them) remaining under British rule. Here I want to flip that on its head, and have the US take almost all of British North America in the revolutionary war.

How much of this have you planned already?

Very little. The idea is that I will work with all of you (all 0.5 of the people that are likely to become interested in this) to paint a complete picture of this alternate world through maps, wikiboxes, news snippets, flags, and logos. I will be the final authority on decisions, but I will try to work with what the majority of people here want.

What does the map look like?

Right after the revolution it looks like this:

(light blue is territories, red/salmon is Britain, I've excluded the mosquito coast due to laziness)
    american canada 1.jpg

The modern map is still a work in progress, as I am not enough of an expert to figure this stuff out on my own, for example I'm not sure how expansion into Mexican lands would go so I've left it out of the US for now.

I am open to suggestions for how to fix the internal and external borders here.

american canada 2.jpg

What's the POD?

The plan is that there will be a few related ones. Firstly, British sailors and naval officers stationed in the Maritimes behave worse than OTL, pushing the local population (who OTL wasn't happy with the taxes, but relied on and was largely friendly with the sailors and officers of the British navy stationed there) over the edge. Also the Quebec act is not passed, but taxes are increased a bit further (keeping the English-Speaking colonies as angry as OTL but not pitting them against Quebec since that hatred kind of prevented the absorption of all of Canada). Newfoundland is too connected to Britain at the time to break away and I like the idea of it as the last bastion of British rule in North America. If you think this is too unlikely and have a more plausible suggestion, please tell me.

So how is this going to go?

1. We write up a brief summary of the timeline, since without that, we can't know what the world will be like. (by brief I mean like just covering big global events or events that are big for the US)
    2. Begin to flesh out the US
      1. Create a better map of the states and, maybe counties, and the electoral districts,
      2. History of politics in the US (lists of presidents, political parties, evolution of suffrage over time, etc.)
    3. Fill in the details - everything from foreign political parties to pop culture, demographic maps and statistics of the US and the world, sports, television, literature, music. If you have a lot of knowledge about the development of the popular culture of the US, you'll be more or less left to your own devices.
    4. Since all the cool kids are doing it, once we have a considerable amount of detail, and I get some free time, we'll run a presidential election, with news posts detailing the stances and statements of various candidates, maybe an rped presidential debate if someone wants to do that (I'm not interested in doing it myself, but I wouldn't stop anyone if they want one), and a survey (either a separate thread with a poll or just asking people who they would vote for), which will help us decide and for the fun of it (though ultimately it's in-world plausibility that determines the winner).
    5. After that (if we even manage to get that far), we keep going. More detail won't hurt. Maybe after a while we run a German or British, or I don't know, Kiwi election.

Rules:

• To paraphrase my 10th grade civics teacher (this is all I remember from that class): "This thread is not a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship". I will ask for your input for everything, that's what makes this fun, but I always have the final say
    • Anything that is threadmarked is cannon, anything that is not threadmarked can either be ignored or is new enough that my lazy a$s hasn't gotten around to threadmarking it
    • Please run your ideas for wikiboxes by me and the general public before posting, because I don't want you to put in all that effort only for me to tell you that your idea doesn't fit in with the direction I see the world going in (with graphics it's of course different, since I need to see them to pick them)
    • don't be intentionally rude or offensive
    • If enough people get involved and this actually goes anywhere, I will delegate certain fields to other people
    • Finally, but most importantly, keep things plausible. please.

colossus divider.jpg

Table of Contents:

* If you were wondering, Wenceslaus Velda is a rough Anglicization of the name of the historical figure my account is named after (yes, Velda is actually an English last name, it comes from a proto Germanic word related to the Slavic words Vlad and Vlast). It is just a placeholder for the name that makes it look, at first glance, like there is actually a quote there.

Last edited:
    United States of America - State Map
  • Map of all US States and Territories, with abbreviations

colossus logo 3.jpg

9y576Iv.jpg

[note: The flag has 53 stars . 1 for each state and 1 for all of the territories collectively.]​

All the abbreviations can be found below.

States:
    1. Alabama AB
    2. Alaska AK
    3. Arkansas AR
    4. Assiniboia AS
    5. Canada CA
    6. Comancheria CM
    7. Connecticut CT
    8. Cheyenne CY
    9. Chinook CK
    10. Dakota DA
    11. Delaware DE
    12. Florida FL
    13. Georgia GE
    14. Illinois IL
    15. Indiana IN
    16. Iowa IO
    17. Kansas KA
    18. Kentucky KY
    19. Laurentia LR
    20. Louisiana LS
    21. Maine MN
    22. Manitoba MB
    23. Maryland MD
    24. Massachusetts MA
    25. Michigan MC
    26. Mississippi MS
    27. Missouri MR
    28. Nova Scotia NS
    29. New Hampshire NH
    30. New Jersey NJ
    31. New York NY
    32. Nimipu NI
    33. North Carolina NC
    34. Ohio OH
    35. Okanogin OK
    36. Ontario ON
    37. Oregon OR
    38. Pennsylvania PA
    39. Platte PL
    40. Rhode Island RI
    41. Sabine SB
    42. Saint Jean SJ
    43. Saskatchewan SK
    44. Shasta ST
    45. Sherman SM
    46. Shoshone SH
    47. South Carolina SC
    48. Tennessee TE
    49. Vermont VE
    50. Virginia VI
    51. Wisconsin WI
    52. Yuta YU
    Territories:
    1. Athabasca AT
    2. Keewatin KW
    3. Labrador LB
    4. Nunatsiak NU
    5. Ungava UN
    Federal Districts:

District of Philadelphia PD​

Last edited:
    State Abbreviations
  • Proposal for abbreviations that I mostly made out of boredom.

States:
    1. Alabama AB
    2. Alaska AK
    3. Arkansas AR
    4. Assiniboia AS
    5. Canada CA
    6. Comancheria CM
    7. Connecticut CT
    8. Cheyenne CY
    9. Chinook CK
    10. Dakota DA
    11. Delaware DE
    12. Florida FL
    13. Georgia GE
    14. Illinois IL
    15. Indiana IN
    16. Iowa IO
    17. Kansas KS
    18. Kentucky KY
    19. Laurentia LR
    20. Louisiana LS
    21. Maine MN
    22. Manitoba MB
    23. Maryland MD
    24. Massachusetts MA
    25. Michigan MC
    26. Mississippi MS
    27. Missouri MR
    28. Nova Scotia NS
    29. New Hampshire NH
    30. New Jersey NJ
    31. New York NY
    32. Nimipu NI
    33. North Carolina NC
    34. Ohio OH
    35. Okanogin OK
    36. Ontario ON
    37. Oregon OR
    38. Pennsylvania PA
    39. Platte PL
    40. Rhode Island RI
    41. Sabine SB
    42. Saint Jean SJ
    43. Saskatchewan SK
    44. Sherman SM
    45. Shoshone SH
    46. South Carolina SC
    47. Tennessee TE
    48. Vermont VE
    49. Virginia VI
    50. Wisconsin WI
    Territories:
    1. Athabasca AT
    2. Keewatin KW
    3. Labrador LB
    4. Nunatsiak NU
    5. Ungava UN
    Also I like the idea of a federal district. I think just calling it "Philadelphia" makes the most sense.

Flag of the British River Plate Colony
  • Flag of the River Plate Colony

plate colony ensign.jpg

In typical British "Blue Ensign" colonial flag fashion, the unique symbolism of the River Plate Colony's flag is on its coat of arms. The Anglo-Norman Lions on the top right of the emblem represent British control over the colony and the Anglophone population. The Cross of Burgundy represents the colony's Spanish heritage, the inescutcheon is the Coat of Arms of Buenos Aires, which would be the capital and by far the largest city of the colony. The waves at the bottom represent the waters of the River Plate Estuary as well as to a lesser degree the Atlantic Ocean and the colony's many rivers. The sun at the top represents the Colony's fairly sunny climate and the idea of it as a new beginning for British colonialism in the Americas. Some like to say it also represents "the sun rising over the River Plate". The Feathers of the Prince of Wales in the sun represent British authority and are an homage to the immense support that future King George IV (then regent and, most notably in this context, Prince of Wales) gave the young colony.

Last edited:
    Quote # 1: George Washington's "Indian Country" Speech
  • Following the putting-down of insurrection, Washington felt an obligation to see out the drafting of a new constitution. However, as the months drawn on, Washington became further and further perturbed, writing in his diary of the daily injustices the Founding Fathers created for their nation through partisanship and factionalism. This culminated when, on one day, Washington stood in front of the men of Congress, and he swore to them. "I swear upon the highest order," he allegedly said, "if I had known that America was a doomed nation -- as evidenced through the squabbling of you so-called men known as 'politicians' -- that I would have surrendered myself to the Indian Country years ago! Our nation is built upon the words of corrupted and factional men, and as such I resign myself from the world of cruelty and wickedness known as Politics. Good-day to you all!"
    From that day onward, Washington became a sort of pariah, living the rest of his life in Mount Vernon.
    - The Days of Confederation: The History of America During the Constitutional Convention

River Plate Colony Wikipedia article (out of date but still great work)
  • This is a WIP, I'd like feedback, especially from @Entrerriano. The "classified" is placeholder for events or information not established. My idea is for the River Plate to gain responsible government in the early 1850s (maybe after a minor rebellion?), settle the Pampas in the late 1850s (mainly by state-sponsored Anglophone settleres), reach a political dreadlock between Anglo-platineans and Spanish-Platineans in the late 1860s/early1870s paving way for a federalization between the provinces giving rise to a Dominion/Confederation inside the Empire maybe in the 1880s. What do you think?

Also, would this nation end up called Argentina ("silvery") like IOTL or would it remain Plate or River Plate, like Canada which mantained the French name (albeit with different pronunciation).

upload_2019-9-2_20-42-34.png

Animated Map of the South American Independence Wars
  • Here it is: The timeline of South American events during the Independence Wars!
    South_America_Colossus.gif

Church of the Reborn Saints of San Salvador (Map and writeup)
  • So if anyone was worried that this thread had died, it has not, & I present to you a small sample of Africa, the scramble to come & an odd religious movement growing in Angola.

Congolese Christianity, or Salvadorianism, named for the capital of the Kongo kingdom, Sao Salvador, is a syncretic religion, combing elements of Native monotheism with Catholicism. It rose out of an underground religious current among slaves in Angola and the lower classes of Kongo, inspired by the previous "Antonian" movement led by Beatriz Kimpa Vita, a woman claiming to be the reincarnation of St. Anthony.

Native elements & beliefs:

• Ancestor and saint veneration is key to the Salvadoran Church. Salvadorans believe that the spirits of ancestors and, more importantly, saints, can influence the real world and can be communed with through a priest. This influence is not just through their ability to speak with God, but also through their own power over nature. A saint might be able to affect the weather, flood patterns, and the movement of animals, to name a few examples. The connection between Heaven and Earth are much more direct and active than in most other Christian denominations
    • Saints are believed to be able to be reborn, placing their souls in new bodies.
    • A major belief is that Jesus either was African or lived in Africa for some time. Places in the kingdom and neighboring countries that are associated with him and his saints are seen as holy, the major ones being the capital, San Salvador where some claim he was born, and the Calandula waterfalls, where the first baptism was performed. However more localized holy sites such as particularly old trees or rocks, rivers, etc. are also revered, a practice started by slave congregations seeking out holy places within their limited sphere of travel.
    • Priests (Ngangi), serve as doctors, praying for health, and in some traditions offering animal sacrifices. They typically wear regional garb.
    • Salvadorans do not believe in the necessity of sacrament, rather, they believe that faith and good deeds are enough, but that Baptism is worth performing if possible and brings people closer to God. Priests, on the other hand, have to be baptized.
    • The church is very decentralized, and while the pope is nominally recognized and the Bishop of Sao Salvador holds great prestige, variations in theology can be found from town to town. Being a movement that sprung up on plantations, a centralized clergy could not be established, and the first few post-emancipation attempts to fully unify the church were met with harsh resistance.

The Catholic church itself considered Kimpa Vita's movement to be heretical, while popes have generally been less eager to address the issue of the Salvadorians, as they were never militant, though protest and militant movements later in history did use Salvadorian churches to spread their message or based their movements in Salvadorian ideals.

vpym2pC.png

A map of the Salvadorian presence circa 1870.
    Note, the "cities with large Salvadorian population" refers to
    such cities outside of majority Salvadorian areas.

More lore to come as the political situation in Africa gets fleshed out more, though the main focus rn should be making the timeline of events so far clearer & more coherent.

Map of the British occupation of the River Plate to January of 1807
  • 1661034906263.png

Map of the British occupation of the River Plate to January of 1807
    Dark red - Effectively occupied territories
    Light red - Territories generally answering to British occupation
    Yellow - Spanish-controlled territories
    Blue-gray - Delta regions
    Light-gray - Indigenous territories
    Dates shown next to the cities are dates of capture by British forces

It lives! Kind of, lol. Lately I've been thinking about this project, and with @Višeslav's approval, I've decided to rework/polish the (not) Argentina lore. Hopefully I'll have some more stuff to post soon.

History: Mexican-American war
  • upload_2019-9-22_17-40-8-png.489815

THE MEXICAN-AMERICAN WAR
    Background:
    The Californias (comprising of Alta and Baja California) were a region that saw very little activity during the colonization of the Americas. It was charted and explored, and claimed as Spanish domain since the early 17th century, but was scarcely settled. A majority of the settlements in the Californias during its time under New Spain were the result of religious missions (mostly Jesuits and Franciscans), a trend that continued until the recognition of Mexico's independence by Spain. From then on, the Californias was administered as a territory of Mexico, where the populace was misrepresented by governors chosen by Mexico City. These governors tended to focus mainly on the major populated areas -- the couple cities of which a majority of the sparsely populated territory's population resided.
    By the 1840s, settlements had begun to appear throughout the coast of California, spurred by the concept of better representation in light of increased urbanization: as such, former missionary settlements seemingly exploded with population overnight. There was an exodus of persons from the interior of the territory to the Pacific Coast, and with that came new settlements among the rivers of California.
    In 1851, a team of laborers were working on constructing yet another house in yet another settlement that would soon be abandoned. One of these men, relaxing by a river in the shade for a quick break, saw something glisten in the water. He quickly waded through it, and grabbed some gold sitting in the river bed. This, probably fictitious, account is often stated as being the beginning of the California Gold Rush.

The Scent of Gold:
    91nAC%2BPxdOL._SX466_.jpg

American advertisement for a clipper ship to California for gold.
    The discovery of gold in California led to a massive exodus of Mexicans and Americans wishing to make a fortune off of the supposedly large sources of untouched gold in the territory. However, Americans soon became frustrated by the process of entering California -- if one wanted to travel safely, they would have to by sea, a process which would take months and thousands upon thousands of miles (a trip from New York City to San Francisco could take as long as thirteen thousand miles before the Nicaragua Canal's completion). Further, there were lengthy legal processes in this emigration that made such trips undesirable. In the cases of private companies breaking the law, and sending travelers out to smaller settlements to sneak through the legal processes (called "Sneak Cities"), the voyages boasted with them incredibly high fares. The only other methods were across land, across so-called "Gold Trails" which were brutal and often deadly.

The Declaration:
    220px-Portrait_of_David_Crockett%2C_1831.jpg

Davy Crockett, first President of the Republic of California
    The first Americans to reach the shores of California were oftentimes wealthy or otherwise important -- some of these including military men or even politicians. Among these were Davy Crockett, the King of the Frontier. Seemingly always on the quest of new land and new adventures, he eventually explored his way to California. A charismatic man with many stories to tell, he eventually climbed his way through the social ladder in Alta California and formed the American Society, a group of American emigrants who proposed the ascension of California into the United States. On the Fourth of November, 1853, the Society issued The Californian Declaration of Independence (and Proclamation of Statehood), a several-page pamphlet urging the people of California to "unilaterally recognize the faults of the Mexican government in the administration of the Californias, and further recognize that the government of the United States of America would let the people of California live a free, prosperous life that is well-represented within the legislature, and well-understood by said legislature."
    These arguments did have some effects. Despite the majority of the Statehood Regiments being White Americans, there was a substantial minority of Californios who also took up resistance against the Mexican government. Whether or not the United States would react to the California War of Independence was an unknown, but it was a risk that the Society was willing to take.

The Slaveholders War:

Back in the USA, there was much astir about the situation in Mexico. President Buchanan, following his advisers, proposed that the United States intervene in the affair on the side of the Californians. His petition was met with general positive responses, and by February the United States agreed to assist the Californian revolutionaries. However, due to the inappropriate timing, most of the Northern states were still thawing off from the near-ending winter, leading to the hotter South beginning to mobilize first.
    In an ironic twist of fate, the winter weather began one of the worst sectional flare-ups in American history, as the South began to go all-in. Streetside politicians made boisterous claims of "All of Mexico for the Glory of America!" and other such things. These speeches often exploited the anti-Catholic sentiments at their unfortunate peak in American culture, and as such were wildly popular in both the North and South.
    However, this was not the status quo throughout the course of the war. What changed the near-universal support of the Mexican War was the speech orated by Mississippi senator Jefferson Davis, which a section goes as follows:
    "It is of critical importance that the economically-minded
    men of Congress -- and here I refer to those enterprising
    minds within these walls, as well as the slaveholders of my
    fellow Southern States -- be recognized and addressed. Fi-
    rstly among these is the industrial importance of Mexico. Her
    coasts are pristine, her rivers are rich, and her people cry for
    freedom. And freedom we shall give! For freedom is what our
    Union of States stands for! For freedom is what brings us pr-
    osperity! Her northern portions are as ripe for labor as the
    valleys of Alabama and Mississippi -- as rich for cotton as
    thereabouts, also. Her southern portions are rich with cof-
    fee, and the rest of her is also filled with crops of abundance.
    With the Providence of God we shall own these lands, and wit-
    hin His Providence we shall succeed in utilizing all of her abundance."
    The connotations of the Mexican-American War helping slaveholders had been a lurking beast behind the scenes, but those in the mostly abolitionist Northern United States had instead chosen to focus on the more decidedly egalitarian and pleasurable matters of the war -- the liberation of the democratic California being the most prominent in these interpretations. However, with Davis' speech (and a numerous amount of speeches made in the Halls of Congress similar in meaning and language as Davis'), this more ugly aspect of war reared its ugly head, and finally the slightly more war-hesitant North started to fight back.

The Yanks Back Out:
    Protest to the Mexican-American War was originally obscure, but still present. Pages defaming the war effort were occasionally seen in abolitionist newspapers at the time, but these hardly were in the public's mind at the time. "I am dismayed," wrote prominent freedman Frederick Douglass, "to see that many a man will continue his life as though this war is not abominable and misguided."
    Following Davis' speech, finally public outcry poured in. It came from writers -- like writer Henry David Thoreau, who refused to pay his taxes in an act of rebellion: "I have heard some of my townsmen say, 'I should like to have them order me to help put down an insurrection of the slaves, or to march to Mexico -- see if I would go'; and yet these very men have each, directly by their allegiance, and so indirectly, at least, by their money, furnished a substitute," he described in his pamphlet, On the Duty of Civil Disobedience.
    The pamphlet, and Thoreau's practices, caught on in a minority of Northerners, nicknamed "Disobedients." These Disobediants acted through public and private protest, some following in Thoreau's footsteps by refusing to pay taxes, while others formed citywide marches in protest. The most important acts of defiance came from the political world, however.
    It is a breezy September afternoon in Philadelphia. The Congress is in session, and addressing Congress is Massachusetts senator Charles Sumner.

"Are we already so far gone from our principles
    that we have begun to become the very thing
    that inspired us into creating these United St-
    ates? Have we so soon become corrupted by
    evil men and corrupting forces who, like Anti-
    christs of the Holy Book, appear before us and
    whisper cruel lies into our ears? who twist our
    powers and abilities into the powers of evil? Nay,
    says I, nay we are not yet. For so long as this C-
    ongress has power: so long as the Rights of the
    People are respected: and so long as we have the
    rights to call out these evil actions as the evil acts
    that they truly are.
    In this war of conquest, of restless national glutt-
    ony, we have become driven by the slaveholders,
    like horses by coachmen. These wicked men are d-
    riving us to rape the virgin earth of Mexico, to try to
    spread the evil seeds of slavery onto the nation. Th-
    ese men are almost infatuated by slaveholding, as l-
    usting as slovenly drunkards towards innocent maidens."

Eventually, the lengthy speech ends. It is met by a minority of cheers and polite applause, and a majority of hateful boos and rudeness. The following afternoon, after yet another day of little progress, Congress had been dismissed. The ladies left first, as was customary. As the last flowing dress left the building, the Congressmen started to stir, including Charles Sumner. As he got up, he found another intruding his path -- a Southern representative. "Ay," spat the disgusted Southerner, his walking cane gripped in a hand. "You filthy cross-breeder wants to preach to the choir about the unholiness of slavery and of war, for what? Reckon we have a darkie-lover in our midst," he said. By this point, most of the Congress remained seated, deathly silent as they waited for something to happen.
    "Sir, get out of my--" spoke Sumner, only to be interrupted by a meaty slap, as the walking cane was swept across his face. The dazed Sumner tripped, landed on hands and knees, and was battered by the angry representative. Every contact of cane and body was met by a groan by the New Englander. Some fellow Congressmen finally stood, and headed by the lanky Illinois representative Abraham Lincoln. "Gentlemen, stop this squabble at once!" cried the shrill voice of the calmly Midwesterner, to which the assailant heeded no mind, as another Congressmen spoke for him: "Leave yourself out of this matter -- you have no business in this conflict, nor do I."

Southern_Chivalry.jpg

Cartoon displaying the attack on Sumner
    After a painful few minutes further, the attacker eventually slowed and stopped, leaving the bloodied Sumner to slowly get to his feet. The half-conscious Massachusettsian leaned on the moderate Kentucky senator John J. Crittenden as he left the Halls of Congress, and was almost immediately thereafter admitted to a nearby hospital.
    Getting Out of the War:
    While the Northerners were getting beaten in Congress, the Southerners were getting beaten by Mexicans. Northern armories provided a majority of weapons in war, and with the North trying to leave the war, it made fighting in foreign land relatively hard. By 1857 -- four years into the Mexican-American War, progress into Mexico had stalled significantly, going only far enough to conquer the Californias and some adjacent land.
    President Crockett of California was himself in a dilemma. Inheriting a role that was meant to be an interim in wait of American annexation, he began to fear what American annexation meant -- if it held that the freedom-loving Crockett's project would become yet another place for slaveholders and exploiters. Due to this, Crockett retracted his call for annexation to the United States, leaving the USA to occupy the northern half of the Californias -- approximately drawing the line at the 37th Parallel North.
    Meanwhile, Northerners continued to protest the war. The recovered Sumner, risking his life once more, continued to preach the evils of slavery, and helped build the case for Northern states not supplying arms or troops. The Mutual Defense Clause, it was argued, applies solely to defensive wars -- meanwhile, the war with Mexico was an invasion, and not a defense, therefore making the Mutual Defense Clause not come into affect. Finally, in the early months of 1858, the three involved parties of Mexico, California, and the United States, agreed to meet.
    The Treaty of Veracruz ended the long, unwanted war. America got ceded the lands she had occupied (becoming the states of Shasta and Utah), while paying financial compensation for damages to the army and for the land occupied, and both America and Mexico recognized Crockett's independent Republic of California.
    The War proved to bring out the worst of sectionalism within the United States, as well as being one of the most noteworthy nationwide considerations of abolition in the country's history, making it an important (if unseemly) war. Further, it represented the worst period of Mexican-American relations, and the only time in which both of said nations were in conflict against one-another.
    upload_2019-11-10_1-19-29.png

Flag of the Republic of California

Last edited:
    To Do List
  • vyW5tMf.jpg

Colossus of the New World
    To Do List | Current Projects:

Legend:

L
    = Low Priority: Not immediately necessary, just nice to have.Finish when you can.
    M = Medium Priority: Would be nice to have done soon but no rush. Admittedly not too different from low priority.
    H = High Priority: Must be done within the month or another specific period.

(C) = Complete
    (NS) = Not Started

• World Map for 1830 (@mikroraptor ) M
      • North America Worlda for 1830 (@Bennett ) M (just because it's almost like a quarter done)
    • Argentine/Southern Cone lore/history M
      • River Plate Colony Wikibox update (@Onerom ) L
    • War of German Unification (@Višeslav) H/M
      • Background of the war (C)
      • Beginning of the war
      • Russian intervention/war with Austria/Eastern Front (NS)
      • French Intervention/Western Front (NS)
      • British entry and involvement (NS)
      • War in Germany/Central or German Front (NS)
      • Aftermath (NS)
      • Figuring out Indian history from the end of the American revolution to 1850 (@Hindustani Person ) M

To Do List | Ongoing Tasks:

• Creating or collecting Basemaps (COLLECTIVE)
    • Figuring out history/lore generally (COLLECTIVE)

Next Steps/Future Projects:

• Balkan History/Lore following the Napoleonic wars (@Višeslav ) M
      • Balkan Wars L/M
    • Figuring out East Asian history in between the POD and 1850 (VACANT) M
    • Italian Unification (VACANT) M
    • Colonization of Africa (COLLECTIVE) M/H

upmKAjf.jpg

Useful Resources for current projects:

Northern South America follows these 2 maps:

View attachment 485526
    1. before 1808.
    2.- 1808
    3.- 1809
    4.- 1810
    5.- 1811
    6.- 1812
    7.- 1815
    8.- 1817
    9.- 1822

10.- 1823

View attachment 486490

Here's a map proposal for the state of South America around 1830.

This is the situation in the Southern Cone in 1830.

By the way, my Rio de La Plata proposal for aroun 1830:
    unknown.png

Countries: British Plate Colony, Federation of Peru, Empire of Brazil, Republic of Chile, Republic of Salta, Paraguay, United Provinces of Cordoba, Republic of Tucuman
    I didn't include any claims in foreign lands to not clutter the map, but be aware that this is full of border disputes.

This Would be the situation in Europe:

This is the closest we have to a map of North America for now (Bennett's Worlda coming soon):

Of course, it would need quite a few changes as I believe this was supposed to be a modern day map before we agreed on California being a thing.

• Belize and the Moskito Coast remain British for now.
    • Alaska should be Russian.
    • The US should not be fully incorporating all of those states, nor should it all be settled. There will be many more territories around in the west and north, some might contain multiple states on this map.
    The rest of the world:

East Asia has yet to be significantly changed, South Asia should be visibly different though. So:

• Mysore is still around, though I'm not sure how long it can hold out against the British.
      • The British may have a bit less land in India, but it shouldn't be a huge difference.
    • The British may (or may not) have kept Dutch Indonesia after the Napoleonic wars. If they did, the British have likely expanded a bit since then, maybe placed a few more local kingdoms under their protection.
    • Otherwise, It should be more or less like OTL

If you need it, there is a very nice and potentially useful map of the Russian Empire's expansion with dates (look on the map, not on the legend)

Africa is more or less the same as IOTL, if you find any plausible changes you think should/need to happen, feel free to incorporate them, but of course, run it by the rest of the people first.

Last edited: