So, I've found something in my folder for this project.

It got me thinking. @Bennett you said that you thought that the UKCA would form or gain independence relatively late. Maybe, as IOTL, Central America (the republic set up immediately post independence) is invaded by Mexico in 1822, and then Mexico tries to take the Miskito coast from the British. The Brits would obviously not be super thrilled with this, but would be fairly busy as at this point there would be renewed war against Napoleon IIRC from the postnapoleonic discussion. So, in order to hold onto their colony without diverting too many resources, the British offer the Central Americans independence from Mexico and guarantees protection under 2 conditions: They recognize British control over the Moskito coast, and they select a King.

What do you think? I feel it could need some revision, but it is a rough idea.

So, I've found something in my folder for this project.

It got me thinking. @Bennett you said that you thought that the UKCA would form or gain independence relatively late. Maybe, as IOTL, Central America (the republic set up immediately post independence) is invaded by Mexico in 1822, and then Mexico tries to take the Miskito coast from the British. The Brits would obviously not be super thrilled with this, but would be fairly busy as at this point there would be renewed war against Napoleon IIRC from the postnapoleonic discussion. So, in order to hold onto their colony without diverting too many resources, the British offer the Central Americans independence from Mexico and guarantees protection under 2 conditions: They recognize British control over the Moskito coast, and they select a King.

What do you think? I feel it could need some revision, but it is a rough idea.
I had some of my own ideas, but the idea of protection for exchange of a kingdom is a good idea.

So, I've been getting a little distracted recently, but I want you all to know that I haven't abandoned this project. I want to get back to work on fixing the second page of German Unification in the Platian textbook. I was also considering adding making a wikibox on the United Provinces of Cordoba and a write up on its founding as new tasks on the to do list. What do y'all think?

So, I've been getting a little distracted recently, but I want you all to know that I haven't abandoned this project. I want to get back to work on fixing the second page of German Unification in the Platian textbook. I was also considering adding making a wikibox on the United Provinces of Cordoba and a write up on its founding as new tasks on the to do list. What do y'all think?
I'm back from my vacations so I want to help with stuff