Quick question, when are we thinking of having the Dem-Reps dissolve? I'm thinking the 1830s or so?? Even successful parties dissolve eventually.

I like the first option myself -- though I think the state borders will need tweaking. Perhaps put it to a poll?

I like the second option, though I think there could be better borders for the states.

I agree about the state borders for sure. They are just rough lines I slapped on to break up the big blob. Personally I prefer the 1st over the 2nd (Which inconveniently leaves us tied). I'll wait a bit before making a poll, see if anyone else weighs in.

Quick question, when are we thinking of having the Dem-Reps dissolve? I'm thinking the 1830s or so?? Even successful parties dissolve eventually.

I definitely agree they can't be around from the revolution to the modern day. 54 years is definitely quite a bit of time for a party to be around, and life in America would certainly have changed a lot by then, so new parties addressing new issues would rise to prominence. Early or mid 1830s is fine (I mean the late 1830s would be fine too, I'm just feeling early or mid 1830s for some reason). That neo-federalist (for lack of a proper name) party would also probably not be around forever...

Also, F in the chat for our boy the 3rd option, though it is probably the least likely/plausible.

What does everyone think of these as the borders for South America in the modern day? (don't worry about the appearance of the map, I'll add black dotted lines in for the borders here and on the currently WIP world map for the borders when I know what the borders should be)
The borders seem quite static for two hundred years (especially in *Argentina). I'm in favor of developing the borders progressively rather than doing a time-jump to the Present Day and then filling the gap.
So, can we consider this the final shape of Europe after the Napoleonic Wars?
That Austro-Russian border makes zero sense tho. Like what would Austria do with that little strip of land beyond the Carpathians? I'd say give all of Galicia to Russia or nothing.

Also, I'd favor the third option and on top of that add Southern California to the Union: Manifest Destiny on steroids, from sea to shining sea, from Hudson Bay to Río Bravo.
Having an uber-America seems fun sometimes, but I doubt that Manifest Destiny incorporates itself too much ITTL, seeing as the states are more decentralized.

Here's my wikibox for the DemReps!
colossus demreps.png

The names are (or were supposed to be) various figures from several regions - of course you have the prominent DemReps - Madison, Monroe, Jefferson - but also Panet (who was pro-British IRL, so I saw him going "Fuck it, at least go for the pro-French party", Derbigny and Pope Duval (who were, like, governors and stuff IRL. Either French or of French ancestry, though, so I counted them).

The borders seem quite static for two hundred years (especially in *Argentina). I'm in favor of developing the borders progressively rather than doing a time-jump to the Present Day and then filling the gap.

That's fair. It does make more sense to do it that way. I think that the borders north of the southern cone are fairly likely to develop somewhat similarly to the map, but yeah, Argentina is probably too volatile to stay the same the whole time, and there is still potential for Cordoba to expand south a bit. Yeah, overall I shouldn't be making assumptions about how things are gonna be until we know the events that came before.

I agree about the state borders for sure. They are just rough lines I slapped on to break up the big blob. Personally I prefer the 1st over the 2nd (Which inconveniently leaves us tied). I'll wait a bit before making a poll, see if anyone else weighs in.
I also like the first option more.
I definitely agree they can't be around from the revolution to the modern day. 54 years is definitely quite a bit of time for a party to be around, and life in America would certainly have changed a lot by then, so new parties addressing new issues would rise to prominence. Early or mid 1830s is fine (I mean the late 1830s would be fine too, I'm just feeling early or mid 1830s for some reason).
IMHO that feels somewhat soon, perhaps it could fall apart over Manifest Destiny in the 1840s or slavery in the 50s? @Bennett's wikibox is awesome, though.

Aight, I think that we'll just go with the 1st option (north California as opposed to all of it) for the US-Mexico border. I expect there'd be a war, somewhat like OTL, just that it wouldn't start over Texas but we haven't got US history up to that point so it can wait. We can now make proper state and electoral district maps of the us when we decide we need to. I doubt there'd be any further expansion into Mexico.

Why not have, apart from the aforementioned annexations, an independent California? Maybe it just existed for a time... Just putting the suggestion out there.

Why not have, apart from the aforementioned annexations, an independent California? Maybe it just existed for a time... Just putting the suggestion out there.

Independent California? I'm interested. How big? When? Do you mean the part of California not annexed by the US?

Deleted member 107125

Apologies for not being here.
So basically my idea for India is-
The Carnatic- OTL Tamil coast
Les Circars du Nord- French colony made up of the OTL Northern Circars
Mysore, which owns northern Malabar (except OTL Kannur district, a protectorate)
French India still owns Pondicherry, etc.
The British protectorate of Bengal
The Marathas own much of the north, although they're losing territory fast
Hyderabad

I'm all for giving other places in the world a spotlight so they can shine and we did that with South America, however, I think we agree that, without their North American possessions, the British would search for expanding their empire on other places, so as I see it, the Raj will only grow larger. Plus France faced a harsher peace after the Napoleonic Wars, and I very much doubt that they can keep expanding their colonies.

Whatever might be the case, that's just as I see it and I know about the Indian subcontinent having more cultures and languages than the whole of Europe so I'm not dismissing it to put it under the Raj and forget about it. Maybe we could have a more interesting India after the Raj, but I believe not during it.

Deleted member 107125

I'm all for giving other places in the world a spotlight so they can shine and we did that with South America, however, I think we agree that, without their North American possessions, the British would search for expanding their empire on other places, so as I see it, the Raj will only grow larger. Plus France faced a harsher peace after the Napoleonic Wars, and I very much doubt that they can keep expanding their colonies.

Whatever might be the case, that's just as I see it and I know about the Indian subcontinent having more cultures and languages than the whole of Europe so I'm not dismissing it to put it under the Raj and forget about it. Maybe we could have a more interesting India after the Raj, but I believe not during it.
Sorry, didn't know about the France decision. Will you accept a divided India, between the Raj and non-Raj states.

Sorry, didn't know about the France decision. Will you accept a divided India, between the Raj and non-Raj states.

It's not my place to say, I tend to like a united India, however, that's just me.

I was thinking that, regardless of the result, the British could be more lenient ITTL and let India gain independence with more industrialization. Personally I want to see a large and successful India, after all, it contains a large percentage of the world population and I want this to be a happier TL than OTL.

Now that we are talking about the Raj though... Why not avoid that arbitration that happened in the Pakistan-Afghanistan border that caused a disaster in ethnic terms since it created an arbitrary line with no basis on culture?

I can't remember the name of the arbitration, so hopefully someone can help me with it.