Greetings,

I wish those of the forum in this section well. This is one of my first posts into this section. I do hope my message is within accordance to the customs and procedure here.

To the point: I am here to seek assistance or request the help of a member in the creation of a map for my current timeline on the Assyrian empire. Currently, we are in the year 597-596 BCE (POD of 627 BCE) and entering a period where a map will be needed as the territorial exchanges since the status of 627, is considerable.

What I would like in the map:

1. Each state outlined either by black borders or by color.
2. A key to outline which state is which. Using numbers for the outlining.
3. Stars for capitols and some sort of designation for the major cities in the regions.
4. Visuals of major river ways, especially the Tigris, Euphrates, Diyala canal and the Nile.

Once it is done, I can either post it on my forum with your credentials or I can permit your posting it there, with a thread mark. Whichever is preferred or the custom. If anything further is requested of me for the creation of the map, I am gladdened to oblige.

Thus, this is open to anyone to try to make a map oft not made. I will direct you as best that I can, and work alongside.

Thank you, for reading my request.

Last edited:
This map is from Christopher Scotese's site (the 'future world' page). He also has a map of the current world. It's not clear which projection he's using, but given that it's an ellipse, it's probably something like the Mollweide projection. Using that, the future world with Lat/Long is something like this:
View attachment 527385 (click thumbnail for full-size image)

Thank You very much once again Friendly Ghost - clearly your username fits your personality (though hopefully not your vital status!).;)

p.s. BRRR! Seeing my part of the world just a mouse's whisker south of the Arctic Circle makes me shiver just thinking about it (though by the looks of things this era may be somewhat warmer than our own, given the South Pole appears to be more sea ice than icecap); interesting to see the Atlantic grown so wide and so much of Africa moved up into the Temperate latitudes (though I'm a little sorry that Mr Scotese didn't use 'Atlas Mountains' as the name for those enormous peaks springing up where the Grandmother Continent met Europe; this is, admittedly, because I'm a shameless Classics nerd).

I'd like to request a flag for a Guachichil state in Northern Mexico. If someone could make a flag that's a yellow field with a purple orb in the centre and some sort of cactus motif I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

Would anyone be willing to make a map of a balkanized US, centered on the Northeast, where:
i. New England controls all of New England, New York, New Jersey (excluding Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, and Cape May counties), and the old CT claim in PA;​
ii. The rest of Pennsylvania controls Delaware, Maryland, and the remaining part of New Jersey​
iii. British Canada controls the Michigan Upper and Lower Peninsula​

I'd like to request a flag for a Guachichil state in Northern Mexico. If someone could make a flag that's a yellow field with a purple orb in the centre and some sort of cactus motif I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

basic.png

My first ever response to a request and very basic but I wanted to try something.

1. Is the cactus inside the orb?
  2. By 'motif' I assume you want something more stylized than realist. Is that correct?
  3. Any particular type of cactus? Prickly Pear? Saguaro?
I was thinking something like cactus arms crossed beneath the orb making a sort of wreath. Aye, it should be more stylised. Any type of cactus is fine thank you 😁

Can someone make an ASB map where Eastern Tennessee, Hamilton county Tennessee being westernmost, is Annexed to the state of Oregon?

Greetings,
I wish those of the forum in this section well. This is one of my first posts into this section. I do hope my message is within accordance to the customs and procedure here.
To the point: I am here to seek assistance or request the help of a member in the creation of a map <snip>
Sorry, but map-making is not one of my skills, or I'd be keen to help with such a politely phrased request (not that I'd expect anything else from you, having read many of your contributions on other parts of this site). I hope someone is able to help.

Can someone make a coat of arms which is mostly based on the Malaysian coat of arms with some changes.
Mostly base it on 1963 to 1965 coat of arms but change one of the tiger on the left with British/English lion in the United Kingdom coat of arms and the tiger on the right with the tiger from the Padang coat of arms (1927)(I feel that tiger would fit better with the lion than the ones used in the Malaysian arms). Replace the star an crescent in the crest with a British royal crown. And finally for the motto on the banner use the text in the Federation of Malaya's arms (the one that is in English and Jawi instead of the one on the later ones that is in romanised Malay and Jawi).
A version which also has Aceh Sultanate's Star, Crescent and Sword included somewhere in the shield would be nice too.

If possible also have another version with the shield being left of another shield with boths shields below the crown and between the Lion and Tiger. The second shield should include the flag of Papua New Guinea, flag of the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands (6 white stars on a light blue background), coat of arms of Kiribati, coat of arms of Fiji, coat of arms of Solomon Islands and coat of arms of French Polynesia. The first two should be on the left while the other 4 on the right. This shield should have a banner below it saying "Loyalty First".
A version which does not have the Papua flag and Polynesian arms would be nice too.

That would make four separate images if at all possible.

Ok so I tried to make the first of my requested coat of arms but due to me only having access to MS Paint it wasn't very good.
WIP.png

Could someone improve this? Mostly by making the Lion the same size as the Tiger and getting rid of the pixel remnants, making it look like a coat of arms a nation would actually use. Also a British Blue Ensign flag with either just the shield or the full coat of arms would be nice as well but if you just provide the improved coat of arms it would be enough.

The request in general still stands, just tried to do it a little with limited success.

Last edited:

Philip

Donor
I was thinking something like cactus arms crossed beneath the orb making a sort of wreath. Aye, it should be more stylised. Any type of cactus is fine thank you 😁
I'm not completely happy with the cactus-wreath, but I did steal it from wikimedia's Mexican flag. Maybe it looks too literal
Let me know if you what any changes or fine-tuning like color shades. I can send the svg as well.

Guachichil.png

Hello, I would like to make a request for a flag of a star system; especially one which has manufacturing as it's the primary industry. I envision the flag having a star (or another celestial body) in the middle, with half of it being converted into a machine cog to represent the industrious nature of the inhabitants of the solar system; with thin horizontal stripes present around the star and cog. Be free to change any aspects outside of the star/cog combination.

Hello, I would like to make a request for a flag of a star system; especially one which has manufacturing as it's the primary industry. I envision the flag having a star (or another celestial body) in the middle, with half of it being converted into a machine cog to represent the industrious nature of the inhabitants of the solar system; with thin horizontal stripes present around the star and cog. Be free to change any aspects outside of the star/cog combination.

What about something like this ?

workers-star-system.png

What about something like this ?

View attachment 527836

Yes, this seems to be closely matched to what I’m imagining, although I would change a couple of aspects about the flag

1. Replace the La Plata sun with a solid half-circle and rotate both the sun and the cog 90 degrees anti-clockwise; you might need to extend the cog a little bit in the centre.
2. Fill the black spaces between the stripes with orange (see next point); while I did ask for stripes, I now think it would be better to have one large stripe.
3. Recolour the stripes, as well as the sun and cog a vibrant orange.

Regardless, thank you for replying to my request.

Yes, this seems to be closely matched to what I’m imagining, although I would change a couple of aspects about the flag

1. Replace the La Plata sun with a solid half-circle and rotate both the sun and the cog 90 degrees anti-clockwise; you might need to extend the cog a little bit in the centre.
2. Fill the black spaces between the stripes with orange (see next point); while I did ask for stripes, I now think it would be better to have one large stripe.
3. Recolour the stripes, as well as the sun and cog a vibrant orange.

Regardless, thank you for replying to my request.

Due to the limit in the number of images that can be posted each days, feel free to make the changes. Should be easy to do in Paint or Paintbrush if you have a MAC

Running a faction in an NG that’s meant to lampoon fascism and reclaim its symbolism for a much more progressive and kind agenda, past that, I’m purposefully trying to make them seem as authoritarian as possible on the outside while keeping them actually democratic and kind on the inside

C6C1AA9D-8DC0-4950-A23B-2E8990E1FEF0.png

Current flag I’m using, but I feel like it could send the whole “authoritarian” message a lot better somehow, anyone mind taking a shot at it?

some info on the group, they’re a Pan-Germanic organization using auxiliary languages for communication, they’re major advocates for space colonialism and seek to establish a “New Earth”, feel free to use whatever symbols y’all think would work, I’m just curious to see what could be better