Hummm… better idea there Queen E and would have been a better starting point too, but hindsight heh?

What does OTL history tell us about Caroljin or is she an OC, not that I mind.

Hummm… better idea there Queen E and would have been a better starting point too, but hindsight heh?

What does OTL history tell us about Caroljin or is she an OC, not that I mind.
Hindsight definitely helps 😂. Caroljin, as well as her mother and sisters are all original characters. They are roughly lower nobility, and for the most part are extremely loyal to Eleanor. Thank you very much for your interest!

Chapter 87, March 1517
Hertford Castle, Kingdom of England, March 1517

Giovanna of Naples had deliberately stepped back into her rooms, quiet so as not to wake anybody. She thought she heard a voice, and nearly jumped to her feet as she looked around the dim space. Grasping a nearby candleholder, she looked around and asked,”Who is here?”

Padding towards her from a corner of the room was her son, little Charles who lowered his face,”Just me mama.”

Just shy of his eighth year, the Duke of Somerset was growing fast, and like his late father was rather thin, and while not quite as olive-skinned as his mother, was far from pale. He looked up to her and met her eyes,”Where did you go?”

“To pray at your grandmother’s tomb.”

Charles looked to the side, almost as if he was ashamed to ask,”Oh.”
Her mother had shortly after the coming of the New Year, it seemed that she was correct in her prediction that her Cancer would kill her within the next year. Joanna of Naples had been in so much pain in the month beforehand, and while the opium that the doctors had given her helped some, Giovanna knew that only death had given the old woman relief, and it was perhaps the only solace that she could take from it.

“Do you miss Grandmama?” He asked

The Dowager Queen sighed,”All the time Charlie. Until I married your father, she was the only family I could trust. Naples was a pit of vipers, and my uncle wanted to marry me off for his own gain. She was so happy when you were born, and I know that she’s very proud of you…”

This was cut off when she started to sob, and her son hugged her tight,”It’s alright mother, I miss her too, we all do.”

Last edited:
Chapter 88, April 1517
Royal Palace of Alhambra, Kingdom of Castile, April 1517

Catalina remembered how it first was when she received the news, she had shown great restraint when the Portuguese Ambassador had told her, offering her condolences to his people, even as grief filled her heart. But now the Regent of Castile and Aragon was alone, having finished comforting Juana, who had been devastated by their sister Maria’s horrible death in childbirth. The older sister had thought it unnatural, and cruel that Maria, three years younger than she, had died before her. Catalina for her part was also greatly saddened, Poor Maria, the best of us has passed. The woman was also concerned for her many nieces and nephews that Maria had brought into the world Those poor, motherless children, and Isabella will not have her mother to help her prepare for her life as Queen. Despite this Catalina could not ignore that there were preparations to be undertaken, for her niece’s impending arrival, which was fast approaching. In fact, it was to occur in just over half a year’s time, and so there was more work for the Regent to do. Thus, Catalina stared into the reflecting pool, trying to think of a better, yet long-gone time, when all of her siblings were together.

Omg not Maria 🥺

but also, those nieces and nephews of Catalina are going to need a mama to raise them...and who better for that position than their auntie? 👀 (especially since Ferdinand should soon be able to take control of most government functions himself, being now about 14 years old)

Omg not Maria 🥺

but also, those nieces and nephews of Catalina are going to need a mama to raise them...and who better for that position than their auntie? 👀 (especially since Ferdinand should soon be able to take control of most government functions himself, being now about 14 years old)
i thought that tooo!!!

Rest in peace, Maria. I remember that Ferdinand is supposed to marry Isabella of Portugal, but will Eleanor of Austria marry João instead of Manuel TTL?