Pick your poison:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It makes sort of sense. Nazism was about Germany dominating other countries and taking advantage of them, not about spreading the ideology to others (in a Communist-like way).

For example, Hitler didn't care about local Nazis in occupied or vassalized countries beyond their immediate usefulness, and preferred more stable conservative collaborator governments (such as Antonescu or Pétain).

So if we get moderate Nazis who drop the "conquer EVERYTHIIIIIIIING" part and are happy with Festung Europa, coexistence with other powers isn't that hard.

It makes sort of sense. Nazism was about Germany dominating other countries and taking advantage of them, not about spreading the ideology to others (in a Communist-like way).

For example, Hitler didn't care about local Nazis in occupied or vassalized countries beyond their immediate usefulness, and preferred more stable conservative collaborator governments (such as Antonescu or Pétain).

So if we get moderate Nazis who drop the "conquer EVERYTHIIIIIIIING" part and are happy with Festung Europa, coexistence with other powers isn't that hard.
The Germans are not done with expansionist plans, but for most of the 50s their attention is internal.

The Kingfish wins again, but I hope he must do something about the foreign policy of the US.
On the positive side, at least Germany is led by Rudolf Hess!
For me, that's not a positive side. With your implications that the Nazis aren't done with their expansionist plans, I assume Hess would be sidelined soon with someone.

For me, that's not a positive side. With your implications that the Nazis aren't done with their expansionist plans, I assume Hess would be sidelined soon with someone.
Agreed. For who it's gonna be, my guess is Heydrich but it could be someone from the Wehrmacht because having someone from the SS be in control would be unacceptable.

The Germans are not done with expansionist plans, but for most of the 50s their attention is internal.
But who can they expand against ? Russia and Britain are too dangerous to attack, Free France is directly backed by Britain.

Their own allies, ie. Italy, Spain, Portugal, Finland, Sweden, Hungary, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria ? Or maybe invading Israel, Turkey or Jordan (along with Syria) ?

Last edited:
Agreed. For who it's gonna be, my guess is Heydrich but it could be someone from the Wehrmacht because having someone from the SS be in control would be unacceptable.
The Wehrmacht as a strong opposition to the Party has been neutered by the coup attempt following Hitler’s death, they would only be able to take over if every single other faction fell first.

The Wehrmacht as a strong opposition to the Party has been neutered by the coup attempt following Hitler’s death, they would only be able to take over if every single other faction fell first.
I'm probably wrong on this, but i'm guessing that means this universe is gonna end up with Fuhrer Heydrich unless Speer, Goebbels, or someone else beats him to it.

What's the status of the Gauleiters whom Bormann didn't like (such as Karl Kaufmann)? Bormann would have most likely tried to take advantage of the fact that the Control Faction controlled the government when Hess came to power to remove them as soon as possible, but perhaps he could choose to proceed more slowly, in order to avoid raising suspicions about an impeding purge and gain a window of opportunity to consolidate the position of the new regime. In that case, if any of them have remained in their posts, have they made any moves against the Bormannites, who are at their lowest point, with their faction's leadership virtually beheaded and Heydrich looming over their heads? Heydrich could utilise them, at least in the short term, in order to start curbing the influence of the Control Faction without antagonising the Party that much perhaps.

What's the status of the Gauleiters whom Bormann didn't like (such as Karl Kaufmann)? Bormann would have most likely tried to take advantage of the fact that the Control Faction controlled the government when Hess came to power to remove them as soon as possible, but perhaps he could choose to proceed more slowly, in order to avoid raising suspicions about an impeding purge and gain a window of opportunity to consolidate the position of the new regime. In that case, if any of them have remained in their posts, have they made any moves against the Bormannites, who are at their lowest point, with their faction's leadership virtually beheaded and Heydrich looming over their heads? Heydrich could utilise them, at least in the short term, in order to start curbing the influence of the Control Faction without antagonising the Party that much perhaps.
Isn't Bormann dead?

What is the next chapter gonna be? Based on an earlier post, it will likely be another Brazil chapter, but here are suggestions.
-China after the war and the Communist takeover
-Britain after the war, and under Atlee and Eden
-Nazi Germany after the coup attempt
-Southeast Asia after the end of the Pacific War
-Decolonization in Africa and India
-Portugal and Finland
-The rest of the Middle East (Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and several British possessions)
-The rest of the "Latin Axis" (The Dominican Republic, Argentina, and Paraguay)

What is the next chapter gonna be? Based on an earlier post, it will likely be another Brazil chapter, but here are suggestions.
-China after the war and the Communist takeover
-Britain after the war, and under Atlee and Eden
-Nazi Germany after the coup attempt
-Southeast Asia after the end of the Pacific War
-Decolonization in Africa and India
-Portugal and Finland
-The rest of the Middle East (Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and several British possessions)
-The rest of the "Latin Axis" (The Dominican Republic, Argentina, and Paraguay)
I plan for it to be a German chapter unless something different happens.

Bormann was not a man as rash as, say, Ernst Röhm, he preferred to remove enemies within the Bureaucratic apparatus itself. Now, it was hardly the right moment for a purge, after all there was just a small window between Hitler’s death and Bormann’s, and it was a time where unrest and rebellions erupted all over Europe. Bormann had decided to gamble with a slow process, now both him and Klopfer are dead, leaving the control faction of the Party without a strong leader (technically there is Hess but he can hardly be called strong). There is the possibility of younger leaders to rise and push towards the proper transformation of the Reich into a Party-State similar to the Soviet Union in some ways, but expect a strong resistance. Men like Heydrich and Speer are not of the kind who would willingly give up power unless there was a guarantee of keeping their own control. The most violent phase of the power struggle is over, but when it comes to Germania the war is always happening in the shadows.