Sir John Valentine Carden survives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of sites seem to suggest that the German/British reconnaissance forces started facing off against one another, with the British coming off worse, about this time. I reckon that will start happening in March rather than February.
I don't understand why it would happen later. Everything else is happening faster/sooner. What am I missing?

I don't understand why it would happen later. Everything else is happening faster/sooner. What am I missing?
The arrival of the Germans is the same as OTL. So if they reached Nofilia on 19 February, then the first British sighting by the RAF around that date, would have the Royals having a look.
General Rommel quickly agreed that it was right to hold Sirte and decided to concentrate his own force as far forward as possible with the intention of making reconnaissance raids to let the British know that they now had German troops to deal with, and to prepare for a mobile and aggressive defence. He accordingly pushed forward his reconnaissance and anti-tank units as soon as they landed at Tripoli. They reached Sirte on 16th February and Nofilia on 19th February, together with a detachment of Italian tanks. (http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/UN/UK/UK-Med-II/UK-Med-2-1.html)

So found something related to Vickers:
unknown.png

So Vickers actually designed and succesfully tested a 69mm (12pdr) gun in a Valentine tank. This is kinda what Vickers is pulling with the Victor's 3" gun now.

That could be a good thing as she'd have to be withdrawn for new guns to be fitted so doesn't get sunk at the end of February 1941.
That’s the problem they were in otl, so she was delighted to water carrier and AA guard ship and was damaged in Benghazi before been sunk as she was withdrawn. I assume ITTL that she won’t have had to fire as many shots as the campaign was quicker coupled with the improved air defences in Benghazi means retaining her as a monitor is the primary objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.