Weekly Flag Challenge: Discussion & Entries

Do I still have time? I plan on posting later tonight.

Yep.
The Challenge ends midnight BST, so in 13h 15mins.
But I'll be lenient on that if requested :D

EDIT: Just realised I wrote 11.59 rather than 23.59 *sigh*. Challenge Text corrected to end 23.59 today!

Last edited:
Nordic cross Bohemia. Possibly a puppet of a wanked Swedish empire? Could work equally well without the coat of arms, but that would pretty boring.

nordicbohemia.png

I just realized that the challenge requested the OUSTING of the Přemyslid dynasty. I must read the guidelines more carefully next time:(
I'll try to edit my entry tomorrow before the contest ends.

No worries. Just realised I made an error myself re the Přemyslid badge :eek:

Just scraping in, the flag of the Federation of Bohemia and Austria.

White and red represent the people (from the Bohemian CoA) and black and white represent the state (from the Přemyslid CoA). The 7 stars on the state badge represent the 7 states of the Federation (Austria, Carinthia, Carniola, Bohemia, Moravia, Silesia and Styria).

Bohemia-Austria.png

Bohemia-Austria.png

Last edited:
Some suggestions:

The Technocratic Union: create a flag for a nation that sucessfully becomes a Technocracy and a Major Power - it can be in any nation and with any definition of "technocracy".

Alternate national animal: change the national animal of a country and make a flag of such nation with the alternate animal on it - for example, a Germany with a Bear rather than an Eagle, or a Scotland with a Wyvern rather than a Lion.

The Filibuster Republic: the XIX century was full of ambitious adventurers, personal armies and unstable non-civilized regions. The result of these things was some very short-lived and unusual nations, such as the Republic of Sonora, the Republic of Acre and the Kingdom of Sarawak. Create a flag for a (OTL or ATL) "Filibuster" state that manages to survive - it doesn't have to survive until present day, but must exist for over 30 years.

I didn't make it :(. It will happen someday, though - I'm actually excited about the backstory I had to create :).

I'm a big fan of the filibustero republic.

An ATL Japanese Prefecture - create a flag, complete with kamon, for somewhere that either wasn't under Japanese control or was lost OTL.

Atlantis / Lemuria / Mu Reborn!
- create a flag for a land that arises from the ocean and is settled/claimed by a neighbouring country.

Atlantis / Lemuria / Mu Reborn! - create a flag for a land that arises from the ocean and is settled/claimed by a neighbouring country.
Now were Richard Branson to 'buy' the independence of his Neckar Island home ..... would it be too much for him to claim Atlantis and rename it 'Virgin Atlantis'? :D