Something I've thought about: The title of TTL is "The English Journeys of Catherine of Aragon" implying that she will go back to England at one point. It would be ironic if she ended up marrying some English nobleman/royal some day. Just something I thought about when she mentioned remarriage

Something I've thought about: The title of TTL is "The English Journeys of Catherine of Aragon" implying that she will go back to England at one point. It would be ironic if she ended up marrying some English nobleman/royal some day. Just something I thought about when she mentioned remarriage
Oh, she will go back someday, though not for at least a decade or so... She will in fact go back to England because of a marriage, but it won't be her that marries an Englishman... She will remarry though, and we will have to see who it is... Thank you so much!

Oh, she will go back someday, though not for at least a decade or so... She will in fact go back to England because of a marriage, but it won't be her that marries an Englishman... She will remarry though, and we will have to see who it is... Thank you so much!
I'm guessing it will be Eleanor and Henry's marriage then ;)

Must be at least two decades before that return...

Cast choices for The life and times of Catalina: Infanta, Regent and Queen c. 2008-2011 Season one, return to Spain
This is more of a bonus update, casting choices for Season one of a historical drama based on Catalina's life ITTL
La vida y la época de Catalina: infanta, regente y reina. Temporada uno, regreso a España
(The life and times of Catalina: Infanta, Regent and Queen c. 2008-2011. Season one, return to Spain)
Charlotte Hope, as a young Catalina of Aragon
Real History Of Catherine Spanish Princess S2 Story

Susan Sarandon, for Isabella I of Castile
HFPA in Conversation: How Susan Sarandon Became an Actress by Accident |  Golden Globes

Rodolfo Sancho, as Ferdinand II of Aragon
cosasdeantonio: Rodolfo Sancho - Biografia

Lotte Verbeek as Germaine de Foix, Queen of Aragon
Giulia Farnese | The Borgias Wiki | Fandom

Last edited:
Cast choices for The life and times of Catalina: Infanta, Regent and Queen c. 2008. Season one, return to Spain (Second casting post)
Another casting post for season one in Spain..,..
La vida y la época de Catalina: infanta, regente y reina. Temporada uno, regreso a España
(The life and times of Catalina: Infanta, Regent and Queen c. 2008. Season one, return to Spain)​
Alba Galocha as Juana of Aragon, Queen Mother of Castile
bc245f0ba6a84b35eb63002ea184a39e71b84097.jpg

Raúl Merida, as Phillip "The Fair", King of Castile
Phillip the fair, casting choice.PNG

Nadia Parkes, as Maria of Aragon, Queen of Portugal
Actress from The Spanish Princess to star in Doctor Who

Anna Brewster, as Maria de Salinas
Pin on The Tudors Series

Last edited:
I like most of the cast, but the actresses who play Isabella and Joanna is way too dark in appearance. They are said to resemble Catherine, so we need redheads for them as well. Say what you will about the Spanish Princess, but they at least got Catherine's appearance right. Maybe you can swap the actresses who play Germaine and Joanna? I am unsure whether or not there are any descriptions of Germaine's appearances, so as far as we know she could have been darker in appearance.

As for Isabella, I have an idea that might be a bit out there, but interesting IMO: Perhaps she could be played by Susan Sarandon? She is a redhead, speaks Spanish and although fairly old she looks much younger than her age, and she could easily play a 50s Isabella of Castille? She also looks similar enough to Catherine and is very talented, so she could shine in the role of the indomitable Isabella

Just a thought :)

I like most of the cast, but the actresses who play Isabella and Joanna is way too dark in appearance. They are said to resemble Catherine, so we need redheads for them as well. Say what you will about the Spanish Princess, but they at least got Catherine's appearance right. Maybe you can swap the actresses who play Germaine and Joanna? I am unsure whether or not there are any descriptions of Germaine's appearances, so as far as we know she could have been darker in appearance.

As for Isabella, I have an idea that might be a bit out there, but interesting IMO: Perhaps she could be played by Susan Sarandon? She is a redhead, speaks Spanish and although fairly old she looks much younger than her age, and she could easily play a 50s Isabella of Castille? She also looks similar enough to Catherine and is very talented, so she could shine in the role of the indomitable Isabella

Just a thought :)
Well, I mostly just picked Michelle Jenner because she was in one of the only semi-decent portrayals of Isabella that I've seen. Juana/Joanna to me at least, is the only dark-haired child of Ferdinand and Isabella, as in some portraits she has darker hair (plus seems most likely IMO since I would expect at least one out of their five children to have their father's hair color, while several of her own children had dark hair) I believe that Germaine had red hair, so I think I'm going to stick with Lotte Verbeek for her... You do raise a very interesting point about Susan Sarandon, in fact, I think I'll replace Michelle Jenner with her. Thank you very much for your input!

Nadia as Maria de Salinas, or Maria of Aragon? Who would you use Scarlett Johansen for? I'm really not sure who to use for Maria of Aragon, because she definitely had lighter hair..... Thank you!
Nadia's hair isn't that dark, from what I can tell. I envisioned her as Maria of Aragon, she fits more with Charlotte and Alba.

Although I have to agree with King of the Danes, Alba really doesn't fit for Juana.