Well, I mostly just picked Michelle Jenner because she was in one of the only semi-decent portrayals of Isabella that I've seen. Juana/Joanna to me at least, is the only dark-haired child of Ferdinand and Isabella, as in some portraits she has darker hair (plus seems most likely IMO since I would expect at least one out of their five children to have their father's hair color, while several of her own children had dark hair) I believe that Germaine had red hair, so I think I'm going to stick with Lotte Verbeek for her... You do raise a very interesting point about Susan Sarandon, in fact, I think I'll replace Michelle Jenner with her. Thank you very much for your input!
As you wish :) It is your timeline after all haha. However, It is also entirely possible that it darkened with age or that she was more brunette than true redhead (a dark auburn maybe?). I do also think that Juan, prince of Asturias had darker hair but I'm not sure. As for Joanna's children it is also entirely possible that many got darker hair despite a redhead mother, as it is recessive.

As you wish :) It is your timeline after all haha. However, It is also entirely possible that it darkened with age or that she was more brunette than true redhead (a dark auburn maybe?). I do also think that Juan, prince of Asturias had darker hair but I'm not sure. As for Joanna's children it is also entirely possible that many got darker hair despite a redhead mother, as it is recessive.
I think I will probably change Juana and the two Maria's actually....

Cast Choices for Henry and Giovanna, a story of unlikely love and redemption (c.2013)
Henry and Giovanna, a story of unlikely love and redemption (c.2013)

Laura Jane Laughlin, as Giovanna of Naples, Queen of England
Madge Shelton | The Tudors Wiki | Fandom

Henry Czerny, as Henry VII of England
Duke Of Norfolk - The Tudors Characters - ShareTV

Harriet Walter, as Margaret Beaufort
Margaret Beaufort - The Spanish Princess Characters - ShareTV

Angelina Jolie as Joanna of Aragon, Dowager Queen of Naples
Angelina Jolie Shares Advice for Women Who Fear Abuse Over the Holiday - E!  Online

Last edited:
La vida y la época de Catalina: infanta, regente y reina. Temporada uno, regreso a España
(The life and times of Catalina: Infanta, Regent and Queen c. 2008. Season one, return to Spain)
I reread the title, and I just saw a teaser for Catherine’s life! She will marry a king after all 😄 Now the question is which king though. I'm personally thinking Louis XII, but Christian II could also be very interesting

Last edited:
I reread the title, and I just saw a teaser for Catherine’s life! She will marry a king after all 😄 Now the question is which king though. I'm personally thinking Louis XII, but Christian II could also be very interesting
Haha I couldn't resist a little teaser... As for what king it is all I will say is that he is a widower that is a bit older than her... Thank you very much!

Chapter 27, June 1509
Palace of Westminster, Kingdom of England, June 1509

The old woman in the bed moved her shaking hand to the end table, her fingers grasping the air in vain, as what she needed was barely out of reach. Young Catherine Tudor walked to the table and took the goblet from the table, bringing it to her grandmother’s lips with a sad smile. Margaret Beaufort gulped much of the water down, and as she waved the goblet away gave her granddaughter’s hand a quick squeeze,”Thank you, dear.”
Catherine responded, her voice sweet as honey,”It is nothing grandmama.”
As Giovanna sat, her belly practically bursting with the unborn child that could make its way into the world at any moment, she remarked to herself, Poor girl, she never met her mother, and now she loses her beloved grandmother… Her husband moved forward, each step more reluctant than the last, as if not walking to his mother would delay her inevitable death. He lowered himself to his knees grimacing as he did so, and took Margaret’s hands in his, and could only bring himself to utter a single word,”Mother…”
His mother gave him a weak smile, squeezing his hand,”Be of good cheer Henry…” She paused to point to Giovanna,”I suspect that the Queen carries a Duke of Somerset, perhaps then you could let Harry have some fun, he will have the rest of his life to worry about his duties after all…”
“Of course Mother.”
Henry then put his mother’s hand to his mouth and gave it a gentle kiss, as a final thin smile made its way across her face…
As the old woman’s breathing seemed to stop, her son turned to the Royal Physician,”Doctor Chambre? Is she…?”
The man took the woman’s left hand, and nodded grimly,”Yes, the Lady Margaret has entered into God’s company.”
The King stood up, putting up a thin veneer of coolness,”Very well then, I want fifty masses for her soul, God must know of her piety, even in death.”

Giovanna stood outside the door to her husband’s chambers, hesitant as she considered opening said door. She heard the faint sound of his soft weeping, something which she had become quite familiar with on this terrible day. She had managed to comfort little Catherine, who now slept, but her husband was still devastated and gave orders that he was to be left alone. To disobey him would surely displease him, but she had to comfort him, even if he did not want her to do so, because if she did not, Giovanna would never forgive herself. Thus, she swung the door open, to find her husband sitting on the edge of his bed, his face buried in his hands. As she shut the creaking door behind her he sniffled, sounding more surprised than angry,”What are you doing here Giovanna? Did you not receive word that I was to cope with this myself.”
She stepped towards him, and as she closed the distance between them put her hand under his chin, and lifted it so that their eyes met,”Henry… You cannot do this alone… Please, let me comfort you, I owe you that much…”
As he opened his mouth in response Giovanna noticed how the years had begun to weigh upon him, his hair, previously streaked with grey was now entirely grey and fine lines marred his angular face,”My poor mother… She did everything for me and my advancement… She nearly died giving birth to me when she was little more than a child and risked her life so that I may take the throne from Richard... I feel as though a part of myself has died with her…”
Giovanna brought herself onto the bed and kissed his cheek,”I know Henry, she was a brave and remarkable woman, and I too owe much to her. But we must keep hope, and repay her by safeguarding England for Harry so that her life’s work is not undone.”
Her husband nodded,”You are right my dear, I will still grieve for her, but I must ensure that our family is secure in the face of any threat…”
Giovanna sat for a moment, her husband’s hand in hers, when she felt a heavy wetness in her skirts and a sharp pain in her abdomen. Concerned, her husband swiftly got to his feet,”Are you well? Is it the baby?”
She took a ragged breath,”Yes I believe so. I suppose this is going to be a long night… Send for Doctor Chambre and the midwives, and let us hope that we will not have cause for further grief.”

Chapter 28, June 1509
Palace of Westminster, Kingdom of England, June 1509

It was past midnight as she sat in the bed, cursing to herself as she bore down. It was not the pain, in truth this was much less painful than her first two births, but it was disgruntlement at the circumstances. He must be sick with worry. Her husband sat in the corner of the room, by a candle, silent as the birth proceeded. He had refused to leave the room, even with the urging of a, particularly authoritative midwife. Perhaps he feared that he would not be there should something befall her and their unborn child, after all, it had been mere hours since his mother died. Despite her worries, Giovanna pressed on, and in half an hour’s time was rewarded with a loud, and large baby boy in her arms. Their son was not quite as large as Joanna had been, but was even livelier than his elder sister, constantly wailing for his mother’s breast, or, when he grew tired of hers, that of a wet nurse. Giovanna chuckled to her husband as the newborn Duke of Somerset suckled in the arms of the wetnurse,”I see that he may be a demanding child.”
Her husband smiled at this, for the first time he had in hours,”I suppose it is fitting that Harry will have a brother that will be like him in temperament.”

The room was finally quiet, for their son was asleep in his mother’s arms, and Henry said,”Charles…”
Giovanna rose an eyebrow, thinking that her husband had completely lost his wits,”What of him?”
“Oh no, I was thinking that Charles would be a good name for our son, it was your brother’s name was it not?”
“Yes, I think it a perfect name, for our perfect son…”

Last edited:
A little brother for Prince Henry! And maybe a little more freedom for him too!
It's certainly happy news, especially considering that he is very healthy, unlike his older brother John... Henry will get a bit more, though that, as well as the choice of godparents, will be covered in chapter 30... Thank you so much!

Tudor Family Tree 1509
Hello everybody, here is a family tree for the House of Tudor so far...

Henry VII, King of England (b.1457, r.from 1485) m. Elizabeth of York, Queen of England (b.1466, d.1503) m.Giovanna of Naples, Queen of England (b.1478) had issue by both
1a) Arthur, Prince of Wales (b.1486, d.1502) m. Catalina of Aragon, Dowager Princess of Wales (b.1485), no living issue
2a) Margaret of England, Queen of Scotland (b.1489) m. James IV, King of Scotland (b.1473) had issue
3a) Henry, Prince of Wales (b.1491) eng. Eleanor of Austria (b.1498)
4a) Elizabeth Tudor (b.1492, d.1495)
5a) Mary Tudor (b.1496) eng. Christian, Prince of Denmark (b.1481)
6a) Prince Edward, Duke of Somerset (b.1498, d.1499)
7a) Prince Edmund, Duke of Somerset (b.1499, d.1500)
8a) Catherine of England (b.1503) eng. Charles of Austria (b.1500)
1b) Prince John, Duke of Somerset (b.1506, d.1506)
2b) Joanna Tudor (b.1508)
3b) Prince Charles, Duke of Somerset (b.1509)

Chapter 29, July 1509
Palau Reial Major, Kingdom of Aragon, July 1509

The palace was draped in black, as were all of its inhabitants, from the lowest of servants to the Queen herself, a rather stark reminder of what Germaine de Foix had lost. With that in mind, Catalina curtseyed, as she entered the solar and gave her young stepmother a sympathetic look,”I am so sorry for the loss that you have suffered, I have felt it myself when I was in England, so I hope I can be of comfort to you.”
Germaine nodded, with a pained expression,”Thank you, Catalina… Little Juan dying has made things very difficult for me, and, I fear that your father blames me.”
Catalina shook her head,”Do not let his ill-temper distress you… I am sure
that he does not mean to offend you, for he too grieves for my half-brother.”
“In any case, I have something for you Germaine.”
She reached into a small satchel at her hip and held something out to the Queen of Aragon. What she held in her hand was a golden necklace, encrusted with over a hundred tiny gleaming pearls. Germaine ambled forward, her eyes wide, and as she took the necklace gasped,”This is so beautiful, it must have cost a fortune.”
Catalina chuckled a little,”A small one. I bought it from an old crone that runs a jewelry shop in
Badajoz last month.”
Germaine gave her a glowing smile,”Thank you Catalina… I will cherish this to my dying day…”
“I hope that it reminds you that life is not always hopeless and that God gives us the means to make our lives, and those of others better.”
Germaine then moved to a small table in the corner of the room, pouring both of them goblets of wine out of a silver pitcher. As the two took seats at the table, Germaine asked,”How does your nephew, the King of Castile, fare?”
After taking a sip of her wine Catalina replied,”He is well, and excels in his Latin and geography studies.”
“It seems that Castile will be in capable hands then…”
“I certainly think so Germaine, if allowed to do so I think young Ferdinand will guide his kingdom through this ever-changing world.”
Germaine smiled in response, though said smile dissolved as the King of Aragon barged through the door. He wasted little time, barking a simple order,”Catalina, come with me, we have important matters to discuss.”
While Germaine looked displeased, the Regent of Castile knew it was best to cooperate with her father, even if she did resent the interruption. As she got up she got up she reassured her stepmother,”I will visit with you again later.”
The other woman simply nodded at this, while Ferdinand, second of his name to rule Aragon, stood impatiently. She soon did as he requested, and she was behind him as he walked at a rather dizzying pace through the palace’s halls. “I am very sorry for your loss father, it is terrible that such an innocent babe has been snatched away, in his first hours of life.”
The King simply grunted at this,”Of course.”
This made Catalina feel furious, which she managed to hide. He does not even seem to care. Even after naming him for my brother... My poor mother must look down upon him with shame, for he nearly destroyed everything they fought to achieve.
As he finally stopped by a window he said,”I will make arrangements for the Cortes to recognize little Ferdinand as my heir, should I have no more sons with Germaine. You shall be joint regent with your half-brother Alonso if I die before my grandson is of age.”
Catalina rose an eyebrow,”The bastard? I, an Infanta of Castile and Aragon am to share power with a bastard?”
Her father turned and glared at her, replying in a cutting tone, as he often did when angry,”He is still my son Catalina! You will be regent of Aragon with him or not at all!”
Catalina narrowed her eyes at her father but did not argue further.
He paused for a moment, calming down a little,”Besides, it is the only way that the Cortes would accept my grandson as a possible successor, that he inherits through his mother already perturbs them. I simply do what I must to ensure his ascension.”
She bore some doubts about such sentiment, jealous that she would have to share the regency of Aragon with her father’s bastard, but she simply nodded,”Of course father, I respect your judgment in this.”