Pick your poison:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this was a really great chapter but I'm getting TWR vibes, so I can't wait to see what you have planned for the next chapter.
So in your story what would be the equivalent of red tide

That was a beautifully tense chapter, with a brilliant resolution. I can't wait to see what brand of insanity will grip Europe next.
Btw, Sauerkraut on pizza is not that bad.

I mean part of the reason the cultural revolution was so bad was due to previous communists policies ending badly for the Chinese. Even if the Germans go full cultural revolution it would take something on the scale of the Great Leap Foward to do as much damage as possible. Also I would say the Germans already had something of a cultural revolution considering how much they changed Germany and Europe. It's like how Russia did not have a cultural revolution later on in life because they already had something similar at the start of the Soviet State and later on with the Purges.

Really I know people are talking about how much worse things can get but I would say that the amount of carnage would be limited especially after the almost end of the world that occurred.

this was a really great chapter but I'm getting TWR vibes, so I can't wait to see what you have planned for the next chapter.
So in your story what would be the equivalent of red tide

Goebbels is portrayed as a raging militarist in TWR because his famous speech associated him with Total War. Yet from what I've heard in Longerich's biography of him, he was not the type of man to try to take over the world, he won't be portrayed as such here. Although I can't say I recall what "red tide" is.

That was a beautifully tense chapter, with a brilliant resolution. I can't wait to see what brand of insanity will grip Europe next.
Btw, Sauerkraut on pizza is not that bad.

Thank you, but to me any pizza which has more than Calabreza and onions is a heresy. It's a question of principles, you need culinary independence from the Germans if you want a political one.

Goebbels is portrayed as a raging militarist in TWR because his famous speech associated him with Total War. Yet from what I've heard in Longerich's biography of him, he was not the type of man to try to take over the world, he won't be portrayed as such here. Although I can't say I recall what "red tide" is.

TWR Goebbels is an incredibly inaccurate meme. TNO making him the father of 'Stratocratic Nazism' is just as absurd.

And frankly people who consider him a raging militarist because of his total war speech have probably never read the speech. The slogan was literally 'total war = shortest war'. In 1938 he was actually rather nervous about the war course since he knew public opinion did not favour it. This actually hurt his standing with Hitler, since the latter blamed him for not having whipped the population into enough of a frenzy.

The point of his infamous speech wasn't 'total war forever and against everyone', but to 1. galvanise the population and the regime into mobilising all resources, since they were in a world war, along with scapegoating the Jews for everything and 2. get Hitler's attention and boost Goebbels' profile since he wanted to be put in charge of domestic affairs in Germany.

As Longerich describes it, Goebbels essentially wanted to raise his own standing by conveying the impression that there was widespread popular support in Germany for intensified domestic mobilisation for the war effort, and that he was at the head of said movement. He hoped this would allow him to eclipse the Committee of Three. He called the speech a silent coup in the immediate aftermath. However, he didn't get the desired results.

Last edited:
Currently the biggest drawback that puzzles my mind about this chapter is if it should be called the Second or the Third Levantine War, the Suez War counts, right?
Personally, I'd call it 'Six-Days War but 8 years early' because that's basically what Israel's doing. But i do think it should be called the Second Levantine War. The Suez War was largely focused away from the Levant itself and more on the Suez and Sinai.

On the next chapter, the Syrians grow in strength with the formation of the Damascus-Tehran Axis with the Pahlavis, Nasser modernizes Egypt while preparing for his revenge against the Jewish nation, and Israel quickly realizes that if they do not strike first, they will not win the coming war. But even if they do attack first, can they win?

TZEVAOTH

1682088660612.png

I see that it is time to return to the Middle East, then you will do the Algerian war or you will wait to conclude the Ural war?

I see that it is time to return to the Middle East, then you will do the Algerian war or you will wait to conclude the Ural war?
Calling what is happening in Algeria as a "War" would be generous.

Imagine what would have happened if the OAS existed and ruled Algeria from the start, and they had access to every atrocious method possible to bring in a pacification.

Think of what Mussolini and Balbo did in Libya.

Now consider that the OAS are moderates in this Overton Window.

Now consider there are no Soviet or Americans giving backing to decolonization movements.

Now you see why it would be a stretch to even call this a war.

On the next chapter, the Syrians grow in strength with the formation of the Damascus-Tehran Axis with the Pahlavis, Nasser modernizes Egypt while preparing for his revenge against the Jewish nation, and Israel quickly realizes that if they do not strike first, they will not win the coming war. But even if they do attack first, can they win?
Can't wait! Also have Egypt, Syria, and Iran joined the Linz Pakt by the time of the Israeli first strike?
Based on this, there's also the Korean War to talk about. And probably a Britain chapter too.
Either way there are nations which will need some "catching up" to do before moving into the 1960s. There is the Korean War and the Algerian War as large-scale conflicts before 1958, there is also Edward doing his shennanigans in Britain in late 1958, and finally a large-scale war in the middle east starting in 1959 while the Germans are fighting a grinding war in the East and their internal politics continue bitting their own tail. And of course we can always have an Italian chapter, although Mussolini will not die before the Ural War's start.

Last edited:
I said those are large scale conflicts and that there are nations who need chapters, it doesn't necessarily means these two wars will have chapters fully dedicated to them. There is a dot between the two phrases.

I believe there is enough background information on the US, Chinese and Japanese chapters to understand what happened in Korea, while Algeria can be covered in a chapter that goes deeper into France.

Britain and India are two of the nations which will need to be covered, both because we need to cover Butler's disastrous government and attempt at Detente which led to King Edward's actions, and the emergence of India as a growing power in Asia and a potential pole for anti-colonial movements while the British double down on keeping their Empire (for obvious reasons).