Status
Not open for further replies.
Antarctica
uL7Ijkw.png

2XXMalx.png

Last edited:
Antarctic Territories
Is the Southern Coast an integrated part of Tasmania, or is it more like the OTL Cocos (Keeling) Islands and Christmas Island (which occupy a weird space between being a federal territory in some instances and part of Western Australia in others)?

We were talking about this over breakfast, and I guess it is a little relevant with Antarctica:

@Kanan what is the fate of Ben & Jerry's, and if it still exists, do they have different flavors based on New England History/Musicians rather than American ones?

I was really waiting for such an update, but one thing strikes me as odd though. Why is there a Russian settlement called Nova Murmansk? Was that intended? Because Russian, as well as other Slavic languages in general, has noun gender. The name "Murmansk" is masculine, but the adjective "Nova" is a feminine form. The masculine form would be "Novyj".
I'm also quite curious: why are there so many people? Are there no restrictions on resource mining? Or maybe the countries want to have strong claims on their respective territories?

Last edited:
Hmm... the Germans got into the antarctic business.

Yes they do! Established in the 1960s when they stole it from South Africa took control of unclaimed land :)

Is the Southern Coast an integrated part of Tasmania, or is it more like the OTL Cocos (Keeling) Islands and Christmas Island (which occupy a weird space between being a federal territory in some instances and part of Western Australia in others)?

It is an integrated part of Tasmania, but it also acts like it's a weird federal territory (the Australian government patrols and maintains it) but it's administered like its part of Tasmania, and its part of a Tasmanian electoral division.

@Kanan I think that first image is broken.....

Check again :)

We were talking about this over breakfast, and I guess it is a little relevant with Antarctica:

@Kanan what is the fate of Ben & Jerry's, and if it still exists, do they have different flavors based on New England History/Musicians rather than American ones?

It still exists! And it has flavours based on British Imperial history. It's a very popular ice cream across New England, Canada, and the Empire Commonwealth!

I was really waiting for such an update, but one thing strikes me as odd though. Why is there a Russian settlement called Nova Murmansk? Was that intended? Because Russian, as well as other Slavic languages in general, has noun gender. The name "Murmansk" is masculine, but the adjective "Nova" is a feminine form. The masculine form would be "Novyj".
I'm also quite curious: why are there so many people? Are there no restrictions on resource mining? Or maybe the countries want to have strong claims on their respective territories?

I fixed it, thanks! <3

I'll write up about the Antarctic Treaty tonight! That should answer your question.

Kick
Hey,I know I've asked for this in the past (Btw, LOVE YOUR ARGENTINA), but can you make an Israel wikibox? I'm curious to see how much lower they are in HDI and GDP per capita compared to OTL Israel. Also, maybe you could do one of the Arab States (and Iran), pretty plz?

Hey,I know I've asked for this in the past (Btw, LOVE YOUR ARGENTINA), but can you make an Israel wikibox? I'm curious to see how much lower they are in HDI and GDP per capita compared to OTL Israel. Also, maybe you could do one of the Arab States (and Iran), pretty plz?
They are a dictatorship and friends with apartheid South Africa, so you know... Things aren't too great.

So Antartica has true settlements and not just mere research bases. Damn. Franklin in particular reminds me of a snowy version of the old military base I served at in West Virginia.

Also, it amuses me the Liberals were so successful that one of the two Conservatives won his seat, only by default, because his opponent literally fucking died during campaigning. Beyond that, good on the Yankees for standing up to both the Confederacy and British support of them. I hope modern Britain is embarrassed of what it did nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.