Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

Eh, I was gonna write a little more but I want to move on.

Next Chapter: Gaming News Fall 2004 / Big Plans Ahead
Upcoming Chapter: Intense Dual Screen Racing / F-Zero DS
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Holiday / Winter 2004
Upcoming Omake: Cartoon Network City Era
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Spring 2005
Upcoming Chapter: E3 2005
Upcoming Chapter: The Greek Tragedy of a Squirrel / Conker’s Other Bad Fur Day
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Summer 2005
Upcoming Omake: List of Archie Metroid Comic Arcs

For what it's worth, what you currently have is pretty good stuff.

Now, if I were to request something, could we see Archie Comics localize Super Mario-kun for an English release if the Metroid comic does well?
This way, we can have the trifecta of comics: Sci-fi with Metroid, Action with Sonic the Hedgehog, and Comedy with Mario. And I think the last one would outsell even Sonic if they marketed it well.

For what it's worth, what you currently have is pretty good stuff.

Now, if I were to request something, could we see Archie Comics localize Super Mario-kun for an English release if the Metroid comic does well?
This way, we can have the trifecta of comics: Sci-fi with Metroid, Action with Sonic the Hedgehog, and Comedy with Mario. And I think the last one would outsell even Sonic if they marketed it well.
I did mention way back in march of last year that I considered that and decided not to, but as I'm just finding out it has been localized, so eh why not.

64 Bits, 4 Players, 2 Screens, 1 Great Remake / Super Mario 64 DS
sm64 ds v2.png

Box Art

Super Mario 64 DS
Developer: Nintendo EAD
Publisher: Nintendo
Platforms: DS
Release Date: November 21, 2004​

One notable difference ITTL is the multiplayer VS. Mode is fully playable online with your Nintendo Netcast friends with basc online matchmaking also available. The multiplayer maps are also expanded upon. Players can also choose between Mario, Luigi, or Wario instead of being forced to be Yoshi.
Some extra options are also available to the host. Such as extending the timer from 30 Seconds to 60 Seconds and banning wearable caps.

List of Multiplayer Stages
Castle Grounds
Sunshine Isles
Peach’s Secret Slide
Battle Fort
Bob-Omb Battlefield
Whomps Fortress
Big Boo’s Haunt
Snowman’s Land
Wet-Dry World

Last edited:
Well, I made this its own chapter. Really something small like this I would just put in the Seasonal Games List but I decided to list the expanded multiplayer stages and felt it was too long. Looking back there’s a number of games like this with small changes but no given their own dedicated chapters.

I keep flip-flopping on this so I’m going to ask you guys.
Should a game have its own dedicated chapter even if the changes are small or miniscule?

Well, I made this its own chapter. Really something small like this I would just put in the Seasonal Games List but I decided to list the expanded multiplayer stages and felt it was too long. Looking back there’s a number of games like this with small changes but no given their own dedicated chapters.

I keep flip-flopping on this so I’m going to ask you guys.
Should a game have its own dedicated chapter even if the changes are small or miniscule?
For me more updates the merrier, but if you think you can stack several one together would be nice too

No Coffee Please / Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
GTA San Andreas GCN Small.png

Box Art for the GameCube Version

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Developer: Rockstar North
Publisher: Rockstar Games
Platforms: PlayStation 2, X-Box, Nintendo GameCube, PC
Release Date: October 24, 2004 (PS2) / June 7, 2005 (Nintendo GameCube, X-Box, PC)​

Due to the development of a GameCube version, the Hot Coffee scenes were removed in all versions to help save space on the limited disc space. Preventing the game from becoming a source of controversy. TTL would never know of the scrapped Hot Coffee scenes.
The GameCube version is also split between 4 discs with each disc being divided up by the story. Disc 1 is the beginning missions in Los Santos, Disc 2 is the countryside by Mt. Chilliad and San Fierro, Disc 3 is the desert country and Las Venturas, Disc 4 is the final missions in Los Santos.

Last edited:
Spyro Enter the Dragonfly X-Box Port
Spyro ETD Box Art Small.png

Box Art

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
Developer: Check Six Studios, Equinoxe Digital Entertainment (Original), Digital Anvil (X-Box Port)
Publisher: Microsoft
Platforms: Nintendo GameCube (Original), PlayStation 2 (Original), X-Box
Release Date: June 7, 2004​

A port of Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly for the X-Box. This version fixes many of the bugs and glitches that plagued the previous versions, the choppy framerate was fixed, and the controls were improved. This naturally resulted in the X-Box version being far more well received. The X-Box port managed to sell over 1 million copies in its lifetime.

Last edited:
144442615_3985931508129106_4387044279109794865_n.jpg
The face of those who bought the PS2CUBE Versions.... well at least they fixed it.

Due to the development of a GameCube version, the Hot Coffee scenes were removed in all versions to help save space on the limited disc space. Preventing the game from becoming a source of controversy. TTL would never know of the scrapped Hot Coffee scenes.
as we avoided giving Jack Thompson ammunition

Online Animal Action / Animal Crossing
Animal Crossing Box Art Small-min.png

Box Art

Animal Crossing
Platforms: Nintendo GameCube
Release Date: October 5, 2002​

TTLs Animal Crossing has an online co-op multiplayer mode similar to OTL Wild World. By talking to Porter at the train station the player can open the train station for friends to visit their town and you can visit towns on your friends list by getting on the train so long as your friends have their town open. Up to 4 Players can occupy a single town.
By pressing up on the D-Pad you can type out a message, allowing you to talk to your friends online. A LAN Mode is also available to play local co-op.
The game is compatible with the Nintendo GameCube ASCII Keyboard Controller, using the controller you can write messages and letters much faster. This version of Animal Crossing would later release in Japan as Doubutsu no Mori: Online.
A few Sega Master System games were added to the game as furniture. They functioned just like the NES games. These games included, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Fantasy Zone, After Burner, and Outrun. Phantasy Star is also in the games code but cannot be accessed without an Action Replay. It is one of the “Forbidden Five” along with Super Mario Bros, Ice Climber, Mario Bros, and The Legend of Zelda.

Last edited:
May I request adding some Sega Master System games to the arcade feature of this game? Primarily the Alex Kidd franchise, as he was that console's mascot?

May I request adding some Sega Master System games to the arcade feature of this game? Primarily the Alex Kidd franchise, as he was that console's mascot?
Ok. It's a small thing anyway.

Also there's 3 more past games that are getting a dedicated chapter. Crazi Taxi: Online Mayhem, Zelda: Wind Waker, and Mario vs Donkey Kong.

. Phantasy Star is also in the games code but cannot be accessed without an Action Replay. It is one of the “Forbidden Five” along with Super Mario Bros, Ice Climber, Mario Bros, and The Legend of Zelda.
IE we realized they were very popular among our Mario club members, so buy our 8bit classic re-release for the GBA instead.

saw you added that in, and the selections are great picks here.
It just Lacked Zillion, Y's and Shinobi and would have been perfect

Crazi Taxi: Online Mayhem
This one butterfly away High roller?

High Seas Adventure / The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
WW Box Art-min.png

Box Art from 2004

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Platforms: Nintendo GameCube
Release Date: March 24, 2003​

TTLs Wind Waker contains a special item similar to the Tingle Bottle from OTL’s Wind Waker HD.
Letter Paper - This item is used to write a short letter to other players via Nintendo Netcast. You can obtain Letter Paper by purchasing it from a special store on Dragon Roost Island for 5 Rupees.

Types of Letter Paper
Standard Style
Ordinary white paper with a simple box design.

Windfall Style
Light blue paper featuring Windfall Island’s Windmill.

Dragon Roost Style
Sepia tone paper featuring a silhouette of Dragoon Roost Island with Lord Valoo perched atop it.

Skull Style
Light gray paper featuring the skull found on a Moblin’s Skull Necklace.

Night Sky Style
Dark blue paper in the style of the night sky. The text for this paper is white as opposed to the usual black.

Tingle Style
Light green paper with a dark green tingle head silhouette.

Letter Paper is stored in your Delivery Bag. If your Delivery Bag is full then you will be asked to throw something away. Link cannot throw away crucial items like The Cabana Deed, Maggie’s Letter, Moblin’s Letter, and the Note to Mom but in an odd programming quirk Link can throw away Father’s Letter. This is because Letter Paper cannot be bought until after Dragon Roost Cavern is completed and Link has already delivered Father’s Letter.
Once a letter is written you can attach a picture from the Picto Box. After confirming you are done the message is put inside a bottle and thrown into the ocean or where ever Link happens to be at the time. It will be sent to other users through Nintendo Netcast where it can be found in the overworld and picked up by them. Alternatively you can send and receive letters to/from your Nintendo Netcast friends through the in-game post boxes. Up to 15 Letters are stored at a time and can be freely read at any time by accessing the Quest Status Screen.
The messaging system itself was similar to Animal Crossings, with English, Japanese, Symbols and Hylian Characters available in both Japan and North America. While there was no moderation on sent letters there was a huge list of banned words that players were not allowed to send. Despite the attempt many players found ways to subvert the banned word list such as writing @SS in place of ass.