Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

Actually I just today had the thought of Adult Swim picking up the show for new episodes in 2005.
Also I haven't mentioned it yet cause it's not game related but I'm butterflying away the 2007 Boston Mooninite Panic.
Cool, but how?

Remember, Adult Swim didn't have the biggest budget nor amount of care put into it.....

Unless you're gonna butterfly the whole AOL-TimeWarner merger or have all of the animation units within the company have synergy...
So Revived by Bigger idiots early? NICE AND EVEN BETTER Adult Swin and CN might not get derailed as was OTL for a while(permanent in the later case)
All they needed to do was not bow down to Kids' WB's standards...

1: Will this motivate Nintendo to give the rest of their anime to Funimation to dub?
Hopefully.
2: So, Smash will be on the Nintendo DS in this timeline. Cool!
What he said.
3: Did Toonami see a boost of success and/or popularity from starting with this show?
I hope so 🤞
4: Barring that, will past Nintendo shows air reruns on Cartoon Network and/or Boomerang?
That would be a great idea.
1. I looked up a list of anime based on games and Nintendo doesn't have any after F-Zero. (Barring anything that gets created as a result of butterflies.)
But I did find out that Sonic X didn't air in the US until September 6 2003. Meaning we can save Sonic X from 4Kids bad dubbing, but at the same time we'd most likely lose out on the voice cast too such as Mike Pollock as Eggman. I don't know how you guys feel about the voice cast though. (Weird I thought Sonic X already was airing. Must have confused it with Kirby. Glad I'm wrong though.)
I have ideas for Nintendo-Bandai animation adaptations.
2. This was explicitly stated in the chapter detailing Smash Bros Melee.
Ok.
3. I'd say definitely yes. Mostly because F-Zero GP Legend replaced SD Gundam ITTL. (If you're wondering SD Gundam is a lighter and softer chibi-style spinoff.)
Why not have both?

Let's have SD Gundam as either a Friday exclusive or air the first season in September, then let it rerun elsewhere on the network until Season 2 debuts on Miguzi ITTL.
4. I'll find a way to squeeze Kirby: Right Back at Ya! somewhere in the CN Schedule when 4Kids loses their rights in 2005. We're gonna need to find shows to air later on because
Ok. And I got ideas for what should air on CN.
CN Real is not real ITTL.
I see what you did there😆
Yes. F-Zero anime is a massive boost to F-Zero GX sales and the F-Zero GP Legend GBA game, but Climax is butterflied away and replaced with a DS launch title developed by the F-Zero GX Team
Ok. Good.
Well, What more Cartoons can you think of in this alternate timeline?
I have some ideas if you want me to send them directly to you.

i feel like if we put Sonic X on Toonami it would be switched with F-Zero GP. Sonic X would be weekdays and F-Zero GP would be on Friday because Sonic is far more popular it would be showed more frequently.
I think Sonic X should be aired weekdays and fridays at 4:00 PM. That way F-Zero can stay on it's weekday time slot and that weekday 4:00 PM time slot isn't really interrupting anything. That particular time slot is just A Pup Named Scooby Doo (Monday), Ed, Edd, n Eddy (Tuesday), Dexter's Lab (Wednesday), Courage the Cowardly Dog (Thursday), and Powerpuff Girls (Friday) and each one of those shows airs 4 times between 2-4 PM then it's Totally Spies! on 4:30 PM.
So the line up would be
3:30: A Pup Named Scooby-Doo (Monday)/Ed, Edd, n Eddy (Tuesday)/Dexter's Laboratory (Wednesday)/Courage the Cowardly Dog (Thursday)/The Powerpuff Girls (Friday)
4:00: Sonic X (Monday-Friday)
4:30: Totally Spies! (Monday-Friday)
5:00: F-Zero: GP Legend(Monday-Friday)
5:30: Samurai Jack(Monday-Thursday)/He-Man and the Masters of the Universe(2002)(Friday)
6:00: Transformers: Armada
6:30: Dragon Ball(Monday-Thursday)/Hot Wheels: World Race(Friday)
So basically, Toonami goes back to starting at 4PM?

Why not have Transformers: Armada and Totally Spies in the first hour, Sonic X/F-Zero and SD Gundam/He-Man at 5 and Samurai Jack and Dragon Ball/Hot Wheels in the last hour?
Well, for starters.
View attachment 657087

Actually all this talk about Cartoons, I kinda want to be a little selfish and make My Life as a Teenage Robot a Cartoon Network show. But there's no reason for that to change and my flimsy excuse is that Nick simply rejected the show like they did Adventure Time IOTL.
The Modifyers would actually be a great show for either Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network.

Option #1: Using the Rare Replay name a few years early for a counterpart to The Muppet Show, with Banjo and Kazooie as the co-hosts and Cranky Kong heckling the night away alongside Jetman. The co-host positions are due to the Bear and Bird being Rare's most prominent characters IOTL, while Cranky and Jetman both opt for the "good old days", but in different perspectives. The former due to the classic DK arcade game, and the latter due to the lack of recognition Ultimate Play the Game has, despite being where the Stamper Brothers got their beginnings.

Option #2: A crossover between Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, and Fire Emblem. Why Fire Emblem instead of Zelda? Because the franchise could use more love at this current point in history.

Option #3: For this option, I'm just going to piggyback off of Nivek's suggestion and second the "new Muppet game" request.
Or even better:

Option #4: Jim Henson X Nintendo puppetry/animatronic adaptations!

Sunday May 15, 2005
It’s another night of Cartoon Network. adult swim opens up with it’s usual logo when suddenly it starts getting cut out by static. Images of a something close up some kind of cartoon animal.
“C’mon you rotten”
The image keeps going out from static to close up until.
“There we go!” It’s Conker in a generic living room.
“Alright got that outta the way! Greeting’s ladies and germs I’m Conker, Conker the Squirrel. You may know me from my amazing Nintendo 64 game Conker’s Bad Fur Day, well yours truly will be your host for these next few days on this here adult swim. Now lemme see here.” Conker reaches into his pocket, taking out a paper and reading it. “This is adult swim. The programming from here on out is not meant for children. If you are under the age of blah blah blah.” Conker crumples the paper and tosses it aside. “Like anyone gives a crap. I had a big fat warning label on my game and dumb parents still bought it for their kids, now anyway.” Conker goes to the couch, hops up and grabs the remote. “Our first show here is Futurama, followed by Family Guy up next! Let’s watch!” Conker hits a button on the remote. The screen goes to black for a moment and Futurama starts.

Conker hijacked adult swim's bumpers for 3 days in the lead up to E3. Promoting various upcoming Nintendo games starting with his own and reading and responding to fan mail. Marza Animation Planet animated the bumpers and Chris Seavor voiced Conker.
Awesome!!!

Maybe we could have Banjo and Kazooie host Cartoon Network Fridays, Sonic and Kirby host Miguzi, Ash and Pikachu host Kids' WB and Samus Aran and Captain Falcon host Toonami.

That would be so awesome it would basically make the Top 10 or so moments in Cartoon Network history.

View attachment 738221
Concept Sketch

Conker’s Other Bad Day
Developer: Rareware
Publisher: Nintendo
Platforms: Nintendo GameCube
Release Date: August 12, 2005

Voice Cast
Conker the Squirrel: Chris Seavor
Bunni the Rabbit: Louise Ridgeway
Don Weaso: Chris Seavor
The Panther King: Chris Seavor
Gregg the Grim Reaper: Chris Seavor
Professor Von Kripplespac: Chris Seavor
The Berri-nator: Louise Ridgeway
Cthulpoo: Chris Seavor & Chris Marlow*
Other Male Characters: Chris Seavor
Other Female Characters: Louise Ridgeway

* Chris Seavor and Chris Marlow both recorded the same voice lines which are then layered together and edited to give a kind of eldritch tone to it with either Seavor or Marlow’s take randomly being played backwards while the other is played forwards at the same time.​

Conker’s Other Bad Day continues to use the gameplay style of the original. Though the controls are improved such as with camera control now using the c-stick and shooting weapons now use a typical dual analog control.
The multiplayer is unchanged but adds some new maps and playable characters from the newer entry. The multiplayer can even be played online with both friends and through random matchmacking.

Pre-Orders for the game came with a special version of Conker’s Bad Fur Day called “Conker’s Bad Fur Day: Directors Cut”. This version re-adds a few cut scenes, notably the scene featuring Pikachu’s tail and the scene where Tediz are experimenting on a still alive squirrel soldier. This version of the game is only available through this pre-order making it one of the rarest single disc GameCube games.

Much like Bad Fur Day’s Strategy Guide. Other Bad Day’s Strategy Guide has notes and other humorous things written by Conker himself.
The game was a success selling 2.01 Million copies in its lifetime. Part of this was attributed to Conker’s takeover of Adult Swim a few days before E3 2005. While the Conker Adult Swim bumpers were advertising a number of upcoming Nintendo games, Conker’s hosting of the bumpers made his game front and center. It also helps that after the Rareware buyout Nintendo Power magazine was allowed to talk about Conker’s Bad Fur Day and it’s upcoming sequel.

The game was well received for its humor, story, and parodies of various movies and shows. Along with the improved controls and graphics that impressed when it released and still manage to hold up.

Plot Documents by Chris Seavor
View attachment 738218
View attachment 738220

This page contains examples of
Darker and Edgier
: The game has a much darker tone to say the least. Conker’s execution by beheading is shown on-screen. Complete with Conker’s disembodied head rolling on the floor.

Camera Abuse: Water, blood, even poo can splatter on the screen during some cutscenes.

Console Cameo: Conker’s idle animation of him playing a handheld has been modernized to him playing Donkey Kong Pilot on a Game Boy Advance. A Sega Dreamcast is also seen in The Basement, taking a jab at the Dreamcasts untimely demise.

No Fair Cheating: Conker’s in-game health will drop to zero during his execution. If you use a Gameshark or Action Replay to give yourself infinite health then the scene of Conker’s rolling head on the floor will change. Conker’s disembodied head will now chastise the player for cheating and the game will cut to black before sending you back to the title screen.

Big Boo’s Haunt: Hog's Arse School for Swearing and Magic has shades of this. Being a merciless parody of Harry Potter.

Sequel Hook: Just as Conker is ready to be wed to his new girlfriend Bunni the Rabbit. The Berri clone barges in to object the wedding. The game promptly ends and the credits roll.

No Export for You: Despite the sequel being massively more successful than the previous entry. The game did not see a release in Japan likely due to Conker’s on-screen decapitation.

Excerpts from TV Tropes

Quotes
ADVISORY: THIS GAME IS NOT FOR ANYONE UNDER AGE OF 17 – Warning label on the game’s box art. It's the same label from Bad Fur Day's box art, but noticeably bigger.

“Now if you haven’t noticed already, I’m wearing pants now. So unfortunately, you don’t get to look at my nice ass in this game.” - Conker addressing the player briefly before the game starts.

"Why do my windows keep breaking!" – Gill Bates the Rich Bitch Fish angry over his broken windows.

“Can’t you see the games over already? Shut it off and go play Mario or something.” – Conker if you wait for 5 Minutes after the end credits.
Excellent 👌

Awesome!!!

Maybe we could have Banjo and Kazooie host Cartoon Network Fridays, Sonic and Kirby host Miguzi, Ash and Pikachu host Kids' WB and Samus Aran and Captain Falcon host Toonami.

That would be so awesome it would basically make the Top 10 or so moments in Cartoon Network history.
Of these, having Ash and Pikachu host Kids WB would be almost too good to NOT do, especially if it happens before 2006.

But having Samus and Captain Falcon host Toonami would be just as good.

back onto the idea that I have mentioned before, I did think of maybe a game like this concept idea I had becoming a reality
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vzGI1bF8qIKfXWDNrxY4d_trbuQMb_b7j9Atr2qwS44/edit?usp=sharing
Just have some small effects on the creation of the division I mentioned, and it would be golden, however for any official tournaments of this, I imagine that one version would be prioritised based on the region, due to one version having a larger cast than the other, same for any sequels made

back onto the idea that I have mentioned before, I did think of maybe a game like this concept idea I had becoming a reality
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vzGI1bF8qIKfXWDNrxY4d_trbuQMb_b7j9Atr2qwS44/edit?usp=sharing
Just have some small effects on the creation of the division I mentioned, and it would be golden, however for any official tournaments of this, I imagine that one version would be prioritised based on the region, due to one version having a larger cast than the other, same for any sequels made
This comment goes for your Pretty Cure ideas in general, but that franchise could corner the female market in a way that other Nintendo and Sega franchises might not, which would be good for their business.

This comment goes for your Pretty Cure ideas in general, but that franchise could corner the female market in a way that other Nintendo and Sega franchises might not, which would be good for their business.
As commented before,it could preempt and steal the thunder that MLP fim created and those equines made a lot of money. Plus could have an effect in Japan too with Mahou shojou being a Little more popular, that could affect Madoka too

The way I was going for that game was to make it as broad as possible, like the Sailor Moon games from the 90s, so not only do we have games like the ones IOTL, but unique games using the characters to expand the property, just that Tournament Battle(and the sequels) are going to be WAY better balanced than ‘Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon S - Jōgai Rantō!? Shuyaku Sōdatsusen’ ever was, so I am imagining that the Tournament Battle series may become the de-facto Magical Girl Fighter in the FGC rather than the Sailor Moon game(which was a bit of a broken mess) as IOTL

Last edited:
As commented before,it could preempt and steal the thunder that MLP fim created and those equines made a lot of money. Plus could have an effect in Japan too with Mahou shojou being a Little more popular, that could affect Madoka too
Popularity aside, I think Madoka will be the EXACT SAME series as in OTL(it was made to be a subversion from day 1, and ended up as the Evangelion of its genre, having it as a different series would ruin the point of Madoka), just I imagine that people won’t try to copy Madoka, making the deconstruction side sort of worthless, same deal with Eva in the 90s, it got to the point where one could easily deconstruct the Eva clones

Game Boy Advance Retrospect
Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-Purple-Small.jpg

Game-Boy-Advance-SP-Mk1-Blue-Small.jpg

The Game Boy Advance & The Game Boy Advance SP

Full Lifespan: 2001 – 2008
Major Support: 2001 – 2006
Lifetime Sales: 90.15 Million Units
Nintendo Netcast Support Ended: November 29, 2010

Major Accessories
Game Boy Advance Link Cable
Game Boy Advance Wireless Adapter
Game Boy Advance to Nintendo Gamecube Link Cable
E-Reader
Nintendo Game Boy Advance Internet Connector
Game Boy Advance Screen Magnifier
Game Boy Advance Worm Light
Game Boy Advance SP Headphones
Game Boy Advance SP Controller Grip
Game Boy Advance SP Stereo Speakers
GameShark
Action Replay​

The Game Boy Advance would be Nintendo’s first system to be released after the famous Sega buyout. Though it was far too late in development for any kind changes. Leaving the Game Boy Advance to be the last Nintendo system to be made by solely by Nintendo, as The GameCube received last minute design changes to account for Sega’s Online Systems and all future Nintendo systems had input and development from Sega. The Game Boy Advance would be the last dedicated 2D system, as the DS and was capable of full 3D similar to the N64.
The Game Boy Advance was notable for its connectivity to the GameCube. Something other Nintendo handhelds either had little or absolutely none of. Though short lived the E-Reader was fondly remembered as another unique experiment.
Nintendo Netcast support was limited, requiring a modem or dial-up accessory to play online and few games utilized it. Game Boy Advance support for Nintendo Netcast started in May 13, 2003 with the release of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, and ended in November 29, 2010.
Even long after support for Nintendo Netcast ended in late 2010 fans would continue to support online modes for these games through Project Netboy, a fan-made project started in 2012 to continue online functionality for GBA games. Most notably Pokemon, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, and Mega Man Battle Network.

Frequently Discussed Game Boy Advance Games
Super Mario Advance Series

Remembered as good remakes of the classic Mario games but often debated as to whether their better than the Super Mario All-Stars versions.
Sonic Advance Series
A great series of original Sonic titles for the GBA though much like the Super Mario Advance Series there’s debate if there as good as the classic Sonic titles on the Genesis. Generally, they’re considered great for the GBA but inferior to the Genesis classics.
Mega Man Battle Network Series
A frequently underrated series that’s often overshadowed by the Classic, Mega Man X, And Mega Man Legends Series. Receives frequent praise whenever they’re brought up.
Classic NES Series
A nice set of re-releases before the days of Virtual Console. Nothing more, nothing less.
Pokémon Generation 3
Like most Pokmeon Generations opinion shifts from positive to mixed every time a new Pokemon Gen is released. They were the first Pokemon Generation to center the game’s plot around the Box Art Legendary and introduced the much beloved Battle Frontier. It also started the tradition of remaking previous Generation games with Firered and Leafgreen. The Gen 3 games were also the biggest GBA games to use Nintendo Netcast for Pokemon Battling and Pokemon Trading.
Donkey Kong Country Remakes
Good remakes of the Classic Donkey Kong Series for the GBA, but usually considered inferior to the originals.
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
One of the biggest GBA games to utilize Nintendo Netcast. It’s level design mode and level sharing features where popular and usually thought of as a precursor to Super Mario Maker. The community still thrives and was one of the biggest drivers for dedicated fans to revive Nintendo Netcast support for the GBA after it’s discontinuation.
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty’s Revenge
The first and last 2D game to ever star Banjo & Kazooie. It was unique in it’s attempt at an overhead 3d style. The game is far better known ITTL thanks to receiving support and marketing by Nintendo.
Mario Kart Super Circuit
While popular it is the lesser-known Mario Kart game usually overshadowed by Mario Kart: Double Dash on the GCN.
Wario Land
One of the greatest Wario Land games. Almost universally praised by fans.
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames!
The great start of a second Wario series.
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
An amazing start to a great new series of Mario RPGs. It is near universally praised.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past& Four Swords

A great remake of A Link to the Past and one of the more memorable GBA games to utilize Nintendo Netcast.
The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Universally praised as one of the best 2D Zelda games with the only notable complaint being its short length.
Final Fantasy I, II, IV, V, VI Remakes
Frequently considered the best remakes of the classic Final Fantasy titles.
Castlevania: Aira of Sorrow & Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Solid Metroidvanias that follow in Symphony of the Night’s wake. Though Aira of Sorrow is the more remembered of the two.
Metroid Fusion
A great entry into the series and good continuation of the story.
Puyo Puyo Fever
The first Puyo Puyo game to properly reease outside of Japan. Although praised, sales were sluggish at first until Puyo Puyo Fever 2 skyrocketed the series to popularity where sales saw a big boost.
Golden Sun
A great game with a great sequel.
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
The first of many Kingdom Hearts side games that confuse new players when they attempt to understand the Kingdom Heart’s Lore. The game is frequently praised.
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
A great GBA remake of Kirby’s Adventure on the NES.
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Fondly remembered for it’s unique Metroidvania style gameplay and it’s multiplayer.
Kid Icarus: Underworld
A great revival of the Kid Icarus franchise and worthy continuation to the NES original and GB sequel.
Shantae: Risky’s Revenge
Despite low sales it’s often considered one of the quintessential GBA games. Higley praised by those who play it.
Mother 3
The single most praised GBA game the Sacred Cow of the GBA. Gained a cult following along with its prequel games EarthBound and Mother.
F-Zero GP Legend
A direct tie in to the F-Zero anime. It sold far better IOTL thanks to the popularity of the anime airing on Cartoon Network.
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
One of the most popular and well-known games in the series.
Fire Emblem
The first Fire Emblem game to be released outside Japan. Fondly remembered by those who played it.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
The start of a fantastic spin off series for the Pokemon franchise.
Advance Wars
A beloved series with 2 sequels on the DS. Fans still hope out for a new entry.
Diddy Kong Pilot
Remembered for its gyroscopic controls.
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak
Fondly remembered by Hamtaro fans.

Welp I think that covers just about everything about the Game Boy Advance. Time to go fall down a Pretty Cure rabbit hole and read all those comments about it.

Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Summer 2005 / The Unexpected Buyout
Upcoming Chapter: Pokemon Advanced Battle
Upcoming Chapter: Return of the Shining Force / Shining Force DS
Upcoming Chapter: Banjo Cubed / Banjo – Cubie
Upcoming Chapter: Half-Genie Half-Pirate / Shantae & the Pirate’s Curse
Upcoming Chapter: Crashing into Stores / X-Box 360 Launch
Upcoming Chapter: Crash / Crash Tag Team
Upcoming Chapter: Reviving the Ghost / Starcraft: Ghosts
Upcoming Chapter: Ow the Edge / Shadow the Hedgehog
Upcoming Chapter: The Legend of Zelda: Winds of Exploration
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Fall 2005
Upcoming Chapter: Good News Everyone! / Futurama Season 5