Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

When I got the notification that you posted around here, I was elated.

Also, on a related note, the fact that only fourteen of the top 50 GBA games weren't published by Nintendo or The Pokemon Company, with Square Namco taking up the most of those 14 entries, goes to show how big Nintendo has it, which I'd gladly approve of.

Furthermore, here's to hoping that the next chapter doesn't take this long.

Also, on a related note, the fact that only fourteen of the top 50 GBA games weren't published by Nintendo or The Pokemon Company, with Square Namco taking up the most of those 14 entries, goes to show how big Nintendo has it, which I'd gladly approve of.
That was OTL, much of GBA best seller are titles you saw and ask..really that sold that much both sides of pacific=

Huh. I thought a list like that would have more third-party support, despite it being a handheld during the 2000's gaming age.
Success was far different back them, selling hundred of thousands of copies wouldn't chart was already a success and keep things going, modern cellphones with their gambling gacha ruined everything.

I call bull till we've a video
You are not wrong to do so, but I really hope this is true. Both Disney and Square could use the series not only to flesh out the background characters but also gauge on both sides of the pacific what worlds could go into the numbered games and into the side-stories.

You are not wrong to do so, but I really hope this is true. Both Disney and Square could use the series not only to flesh out the background characters but also gauge on both sides of the pacific what worlds could go into the numbered games and into the side-stories.
What background? The whole plot is whatever Nomura think Japan teen found 'cool' the rest is a tangled make grrm look sensible.

In general when ocean sailor moon got leaked we got video

Rough animations aside, there are some ups and downs to this.

-Jiminy Cricket doing the narration works for the pilot, given his soothing voice and mascot status in Disney history.
-I wish they just paid the extra money to get Haley Joel Osment as Sora. I just do.
-If this series got picked up, could the maguffins of each world have taken on a "Pirates of Dark Water"-style approach to good vs. evil? I can already see the Genie's lamp as such an example.
-I wonder if Man of Action was inspired by Kingdom Hearts, even if it's only the games, to create the dynamic that Ben, Gwen, and Kevin have in Alien Force.
-I sense a bit of "Goofy Movie duology" in Goofy's pep talk to Sora early on, which is great.
-Having the Cave of Wonders as a racing mini-level between Sora and Riku should have happened in the game. Fight me.
-Had this got picked up, maybe a return visit to Agrabah is in order to actually have Sora and Aladdin meet.
-If this was meant to be the pilot episode, it's too short to be one in my opinion.
-I honestly expected it to just be in black and white. Most of it being in color was great to see.

As a product in and of itself? I might be more of a Kingdom Hearts fan if this cartoon got made in full.

It wasn't event a pilot episode, feel like a moving storyboard, a proof of concept, still was very well done for such ashcan concept
As a proof of concept, it looks a lot better than I expected, given when it was produced. I just thought it was a pilot because of how the first few minutes resemble the first parts of the original game, but not by much.

Gaming News Summer 2005 / The Unexpected Trade
1617399136318.jpg

The Nintendo Section of a typical Big Box Store
Summer 2005

Axel Stone: Brings the Heat!
Streets of Rage’s Axel Stone joins Smash Bros! His fiery attacks are powerful and his signature Grand Upper packs a mighty punch! His combination of speed and power is unparalleled in Smash Bros! Just don’t expect him to be the best jumper. – Excerpt from Smash Bros Duel Zone Website, June 2005

A few eyewitnesses claim that they spotted Nintendo President Satoru Iwata at Disneyland. Being led around by Veteran Imagineer Tony Baxter. - Excerpt from Kotaku, June 12 2005

Nintendo and Konami Sammy have announced a deal that in exchange for Nintendo selling its shares of the arcade chain GameWorks and all locations to Konami, Konami would sell its shares of Hudson Soft to Nintendo, giving Nintendo majority stake in Hudson Soft. The deal worth over 23 Million also includes the Castlevania IP as Konami Sammy’s Hudson Soft shares are not enough to match the price of GameWorks and its various locations.
Nintendo President Iwata said in a statement that this deal emphasizes how Nintendo is a game company at its core and that Nintendo wanted to downsize their non-gaming businesses inherited from Sega.
Konami Sammy stated that they had expressed interest in the US arcade market and were “willing to pay the price”. It’s currently unknown what will happen to the development team behind the Castlevania series, but Konami Sammy says they will finish up of current Castlevania projects. – Excerpt from IGN, June 5 2005

At the San Diego Comic-Con, The Jim Henson Company announced that they would be adapting the hit Nintendo series Star Fox to the big screen. Nintendo’s own Shigeru Miyamoto made a surprise appearance with his translator Bill Trinen. Miyamoto said he’s had fun working on the movie and that this movie is “a cautious step for Nintendo into licensing its properties for movies.” Shigeru Miyamoto also said he enjoyed working with them on the commercials for Star Fox: Uncharted Space and wanted to work more with Brian Henson and the others at the Jim Henson Company leading to the films creation. The script has already been written under supervision by Shigeru Miyamoto and primary filming has begun with Brian Henson as Director. The film’s distributor is unknown. – Excerpt from GameTrailers, July 15

“Now come on Gromit! We can do this!” A zoomed in shot if Wallace’s Face is shown. “Now I know this isn’t really the most fashionable attire,” It zooms out to a generic forest area, Wallace is wearing Banjo’s clothes, complete with yellow shorts, blue backpack and tooth necklace. Gromit is wearing a fake Kazooie beak and Kazooie feather wig on his head is in Banjo’s backpack that Wallace is wearing. “and you are quite heavy, but I know we can tackle this!” Wallace’s contagious enthusiasm turns Gromit’s look of disappointment to a more positive one. Wallace takes out an instruction book reading “Banjo-Cubie Manual”. Alright Gromit, lets go for a “Breegull Beaksaw”! Gromit’s face suddenly loses whatever optimism it had and turns into worry. “Now all we need to do is… First the bear grabs the breegull by the neck to pull her out of the backpack.” Gromit’s expression is now one of horror. Wallace reaches his arm around behind him to grab Gromit but Gromit moves his head away from Wallace’s hand. “Now come on Gromit. No need to be frightened now!” Wallace tries to reach back for Gromit but slowly loses his balance until he’s hopping on one foot trying not to fall. “G-Gromit! Get back here and aaaaggh!” Wallace falls over, Gromit rolls out of the backpack falling on his back. “Well… that didn’t go quite as expected!” Wallace exhales.
It cuts to gameplay of Banjo-Cubie. “Leave the Witch hunting to Banjo and Kazooie! Try out new moves and explore 12 all new levels in the Duo’s latest adventure! Only On Nintendo GameCube! Rated E for Everyone! And see Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit in theaters October 14!” It cuts back to Wallace and Gromit still on the floor. Walking in on the left is Banjo wearing Wallace’s clothes and walking in on the right is Kazooie wearing Gromit’s dog collar, fake dog ears and a black round fake nose on her beak. It cuts to black. - Commercial for Banjo-Cubie, Summer 2005

This commercial would air in the US, UK, and Australia as a cross promotion with Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit. In the UK pre-order copies of Banjo Cubie would get a promotional ticket to redeem at theaters for a free showing of the Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

Gardevoir: Foresees a Fight!
The Embrace Pokemon joins Smash Bros! Her powerful Psychic attacks keeps foes on their toes! Watch out for her Hypnosis move! – Excerpt from Smash Bros Duel Zone Website Aug 2005

As Nintendo and EA continue to their tug of war on DICE. The main platform for DICE 's next Battlefield game remains uncertain but they “haven’t ruled out Nintendos upcoming Revolution.” – Excerpt from IGN, August 16 2005

Internal Reactions to the Revolution's Controller
"Iwata-san, I still have my doubts about this controller, but I trust your judgement. Unfortunatly the Nintendo Netcast Net team doesn't feel the same way, but I'm sure you can convince them." - Sega President Hideki Sato

"Are you intentionally trying to kill the hardcore audiance the GameCube struggled to bring back?" - Sega Nintendo Netcast Team

"Is that the Sonic Screwdriver?" - Gregg Mayles, Rareware

"That might make for a good game." - Lee Schuneman, Rareware (Inresponse to Gregg Mayles Above Comment)

"It looks like a fucking vibrator." - Chis Seavor, Rareware (In his office where Iwata and Miyamoto can't hear him.)

"You expect us to make Battlefield with THAT thing?" - Lars Gustavsson, DICE

"I like it and you have my support, but we might want to think about more traditional forms of control too" - Yuji Naka, Sega

"This will be a hard sell." - Nintendo of America President, Peter Moore

"This place is a madhouse" - Toshihiro Nagoshi, Amusement Vision (In his office where Iwata and Miyamoto can't hear him.)

"Interesting. There's lots of possibilities with it. Don't know how the public will react but I'm sure if anyone can make it work it's you and Mr. Miyamoto." - Matt Bozon, Wayforward

Major Games June – August 2005
Digimon World 4 – Developer: BEC / Publisher: Bandai / Platforms: GCN, PS2, X-Box / Release Date: Jun-1

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins - Developer: Nintendo / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: DS Virtual Console (GB) / Release Date: June-5 (November 1, 1992)

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe - Developer: Nintendo / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: DS Virtual Console (GBC) / Release Date: June-5 (May 10, 1999)

Yu Gi Oh! Dark Duel Stories - Developer: Konami / Publisher: Konami / Platforms: DS Virtual Console (GBC) / Release Date: June-5 (March 18, 2002)

Sonic Chaos – Developer: Aspect / Publisher: Sega / Platforms: DS Virtual Console (GG) / Release Date: June-5 (November 23, 1993)

Yoshi Topsy-Turvy – Developer: Artoon / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: June-13

Mega Man Battle Network 5 – Developer: Capcom / Publisher: Capcom / Platforms: GBA, DS / Release Date: June-21

Battlefield 2 - Developer: DICE / Puplisher: EA / Platforms: PC / Release Date: June-21

Meteos – Developer: Q. Entertainment / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: DS / Release Date: Jun-27

Frogger – Developer: Morning Star Multimedia / Publisher: Majesco Sales / DS Virtual Console (GBC) / Release Date: July-5 (December 31, 1998)

Mario Tennis – Developer: Camelot / Publisher: Nintendo / DS Virtual Console (GBC) / Release Date: July-5 (January 16, 2001)

Dr. Mario – Developer: Nintendo / Publisher: Nintendo / DS Virtual Console (GBC) / Release Date: July-5 (December 1, 1990)

Ax Battler: A Legend of Golden Axe – Developer: Aspect / Publisher: Sega / Platforms: DS Virtual Console (GG) / Release Date: July-5 (March 1992)

Puyo Puyo – Developer: Compile / Publisher: Sega / Platforms: Platforms: DS Virtual Console (GG) / Release Date: July-5 (March 19, 1993) (Japan Only)

Mortal Kombat - Developer: Probe Software / Publisher: Arena Entertainment / Platforms: Platforms: DS Virtual Console (GG) / Release Date: July-5 (September 13, 1993) (North America/ Europe Only)

Killer 7 – Developer: Grasshopper Manufacture / Capcom / Publisher: Capcom / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Jul-7

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike – Developer: Red Storm Entertainment / Publisher: Ubisoft / Platforms: X-Box / Release Date: Aug-3

Alleyway – Developer: Intelligent Systems / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: Platforms: DS Virtual Console (GB) / Release Date: Aug-5 (August 11, 1989)

Blaster Master: Enemy Below – Developer: Sunsoft Games / Publisher: Sunsoft / Platforms: / Release Date: Aug-5 (September 24, 2000)

Game & Watch Gallery 2 – Developer: TOSE / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: DS Virtual Console (GB) / Release Date: Aug-5 (November 20, 1998)

The G.G. Shinobi – Developer: Sega / Publisher: Sega / Platforms: DS Virtual Console (GG) / Release Date: Aug-5 (June 1991)

Dragon Ball GT: Transformation – Developer: Webfoot Technologies / Publisher: Atari / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Aug-9

Death Jr. – Developer: Backbone Entertainment / Publisher: Konami / Platforms: PSP / Release Date: Aug-16

Pac n’ Roll – Developer: Square Namco / Publisher: Square Namco / Platforms: DS / Release Date: Aug-16

Nintendogs – Developer: Nintendo EAD / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: DS / Release Date: Aug-22

Advance Wars: Dual Strike – Developer: Intelligent Systems / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: DS / Release Date: Aug-22

Last edited:
You though it was Bandai? TOO BAD! Bomberman and Castlevania Time!
Actually, I don’t know if I’m jumping the shark or not with Castlevania, but we’re already having Nintendo buy Bandai so what could possibly go wrong?

Nintendo obtaining Hudson Soft was a planned idea I had from very early in the timeline long before the Bandai buyout came along.

ITTL Nintendo selling/trading Gameworks was an intentional move to distract from the big Bandai buyout happening in the shadows. By having Iwata emphasize that they’re a game company and selling off it’s non-game entity Gameworks creates a diversion and might help calm some other exec’s (Like Sony’s) out there that might notice all the meetings Nintendo is having with Bandai recently and try to stop whatever’s happening. When it happens, it’s going to happen without anyone realizing before it’s too late.

Upcoming Chapter: Pokemon Advanced Battle
Upcoming Chapter: Let’s Play Baseball! / Mario Superstar Baseball
Upcoming Chapter: Return of the Shining Force / Shining Force DS
Upcoming Chapter: Banjo Cubed / Banjo – Cubie
Upcoming Chapter: Half-Genie Half-Pirate / Shantae & the Pirate’s Curse
Upcoming Chapter: Crashing into Stores / X-Box 360 Launch
Upcoming Chapter: Crash / Crash Tag Team
Upcoming Chapter: Reviving the Ghost / Starcraft: Ghosts
Upcoming Chapter: Ow the Edge / Shadow the Hedgehog
Upcoming Chapter: The Legend of Zelda: Winds of Exploration
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Fall 2005 / The Big One
Upcoming Chapter: Nintendo Studios & IPs Visualized
Upcoming Chapter: Good News Everyone! / Futurama Season 5
Upcoming Omake: The Expanded Mario Universe

I love it!

Can't wait for the next updates.

Have you also taken my concepts for various Nintendo characters hosting various parts of Cartoon Network for consideration? I think they might be a good way of promotional for the Revolution/Wii's launch.

sell its shares of Hudson Soft to Nintendo, giving Nintendo majority stake in Hudson Soft. The deal worth over 23 Million also includes the Castlevania IP as Konami Sammy’s Hudson Soft shares are not enough to match the price of GameWorks and its various locations.
I'm surprised they handed over such IP, let alone Castlevania, given how Konami tends to operate, that deal must have been very juicy(maybe they could use gameworks to push pachinko in the Americas?)

Have you also taken my concepts for various Nintendo characters hosting various parts of Cartoon Network for consideration? I think they might be a good way of promotional for the Revolution/Wii's launch.
They used Dexter from Dexter's Lab Fame in the N64 era to promote videogames here in latin America, so the idea is right there