Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

I’ve been waiting for this one! I wanted Banjo 3 to be one of the bigger, more detailed, more in depth chapters. I hope I did the Bear and Bird justice.

Upcoming Chapter: Half-Genie Half-Pirate / Shantae & the Pirate’s Curse
Upcoming Chapter: Crashing into Stores / X-Box 360 Launch
Upcoming Chapter: Crash / Crash Tag Team
Upcoming Chapter: Reviving the Ghost / Starcraft: Ghosts
Upcoming Chapter: Ow the Edge / Shadow the Hedgehog
Upcoming Chapter: The Legend of Zelda: Winds of Exploration
Upcoming Chapter: Pokemon Advanced Battle
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Fall 2005 / The Big One
Upcoming Chapter: Nintendo Studios & IPs Visualized
Upcoming Chapter: Good News Everyone! / Futurama Season 5
Upcoming Omake: The Expanded Mario Universe

While I did expect a bigger show out of this game, I do respect that there were plans to be that big, but were scrapped in the end.

With that said, Banjo-Cubie sounds on par with the first two games.

Oh, and here's an idea: What if Gobi became a villager in the next Animal Crossing game, just to prove his point?

The real question is what franchise Gobi will go off to now that he's left Banjo and Kazooie behind. This sounds like a worthy sequel to Tooie, though, at the very least! Good stuff. Wondering if some Nuts & Bolts concepts will make it into a Diddy Kong Racing sequel if that ends up happening ITTL.

Can't wait to see what other jokes they do in Banjo 4 at the poor Wii's/Revolution's expense.

The real question is what franchise Gobi will go off to now that he's left Banjo and Kazooie behind.
That is why I suggested Animal Crossing, of all franchises.
This sounds like a worthy sequel to Tooie, though, at the very least! Good stuff. Wondering if some Nuts & Bolts concepts will make it into a Diddy Kong Racing sequel if that ends up happening ITTL.
That sounds like a great usage of the concepts!
Can't wait to see what other jokes they do in Banjo 4 at the poor Wii's/Revolution's expense.
My guess is that any phallic jokes would be left on the cutting room floor, like a circumcision. Oops!

That is why I suggested Animal Crossing, of all franchises.
Yeah, that does sound like fun. Maybe you could unlock him in the Animal Crossing: City Folk equivalent by having save data for the next Banjo game?

My guess is that any phallic jokes would be left on the cutting room floor, like a circumcision. Oops!

To be honest, if anyone's going to make those kinds of jokes, I'm sure it'll be Conker. I fully expect the Wiimote to cameo in a not so flattering way as a spoof on a certain Hitachi product.

A few butterflies I would like to bring up.

1. Yuji Naka will most certainly NOT be involved in any kind of insider trading. Naka is going to staying at Nintendo/Sega, not just because Naka leaving would be bad PR in the eyes of the higher ups and Iwata. But because Yuji Naka is more or less allowed to do what he wants, he'll leave someone in charge of Sonic (I have no idea who though maybe Takashi Iizuka) like how Miyamoto has Aonuma for Zelda and Koizumi for Mario.

2. With Nintendo owning Castlevania, OTL Lords of Shadow is basically in the toilet, but don't worry I thought of something to give MercurySteam.

3. Microsoft might try force Blizzard to port WoW to X-Box 360. Mostly to give competition to a future Phantasy Star Wii. But I don't know if WoW could reliably be ported to console.
Whats the best selling GameCube game so far?
Apologies for the late reply. All the Best Selling Games for the GCN have all released as of Fall 2005

1.Super Smash Bros. Melee / 10.21 Million
2.Mario Kart: Double Dash / 9.69 Million
3.Super Mario Sunshine / 7.28 Million
4.The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker / 5.43 Million
5.Banjo - Cubie / 4.97 Million
6.Metroid Prime / 4.82 Million
7.Sega Genesis Mega Collection / 4.52 Million
8.Sonic Adventure 2: Battle / 4.37 Million
9.Luigi's Mansion / 4.33 Million
10.Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas / 4.15 Million

My first thought hearing the suggestion that Naka might still leave someone else in charge of Sonic is that Miyamoto might try to persuade him to do a NiGHTS sequel. It's one of the few video games, I believe, Miyamoto said he's jealous he didn't think of first and now that he works directly with the guy who produced it, I could see ITTL's NiGHTS: Journey Into Dreams still coming out on the Wii/Revolution.

1. Yuji Naka will most certainly NOT be involved in any kind of insider trading.
Why not? He still has his OTL personality, he could still do something stupid.

. With Nintendo owning Castlevania, OTL Lords of Shadow is basically in the toilet, but don't worry I thought of something to give MercurySteam.
Who cares,plus iirc, they were the one looked for Sakamoto for Metroid to begin with, but without other m fiasco, Sakamoto might not be desperate as OTL.

Also… now I just remembered something, as we are currently on SakuTai 3(skipped over 2), and the 5th game is now fast approaching, what is going to happen with an International release of 4(or will it be skipped like 2 was, and we will have to wait for a big collection of all 5 games to hit in order to get SakuTai 2 and SakuTai 4)

Omake: The Expanded Mario Universe
But that's JUST a theory!.png

A basic diagram of the theory. First seen on a NeoGAF forum in 2005.
The Expanded Mario Universe is a popular fan theory that formed in the early to mid 2000s. The basic theory states that the Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Banjo, and Conker series all share the same universe. While the ties between Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario are obvious, having all appeared first as Mario characters but later gaining their own series along with continued appearances in Mario Kart, Mario Party and Mario Sports Games. While the Banjo and Conker Series are connected from their appearances in Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo & Kazooie’s appearance in Mario Kart: Double Dash and Mario Superstar Baseball on top of other cameo appearances. Such as Gobi the Camel appearing in Conker: Third Game’s the Charm. This theory would only be fueled even more over the years with the Archie Mario Comic which included characters from Wario and Donkey Kong and even having a crossover event with the Banjo series. The Expanded Mario Universe Theory is near universally accepted and is often considered canon despite no official claim from anyone confirming this. When confronted about the various cameos and references to Banjo, and even Donkey Kong in Conker 3 Rare’s Chris Seavor did confirm that the Banjo and Conker games are in the same universe, but was hesitant to include Donkey Kong.

Is there some sort of shared universe among Conker, Banjo, and Donkey Kong?
Chris Seavor: Yeah. Banjo and Conker. It’s the same world, but just because we reference something doesn’t mean it’s all connected. Might want to get off the computer and go outside if you start making stuff up like that.

Alright. THIS I gotta see.
Sorry to disappoint but it’s just a fan theory.

This is an actual fan theory OTL but Nintendo’s ownership of Rare makes this theory far more prominent ITTL. This meant to come out sooner back in February but I got busy.

Upcoming Chapter: Half-Genie Half-Pirate / Shantae & the Pirate’s Curse
Upcoming Chapter: Crash / Crash Tag Team
Upcoming Chapter: Reviving the Ghost / Starcraft: Ghosts

Half-Genie Half-Pirate / Shantae & the Pirate’s Curse
Shantae DS.png

Box Art
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse
Developer: Wayforward
Publisher: Nintendo
Platforms: Nintendo DS
Release Date: November, 21 2005​

It’s mostly the same game as OTL, but built for the DS and plays like its OTL 3DS counterpart. (The game is also existing almost an entire decade ahead of its OTL counterpart.)
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse was well received critically and managed to sell over 1.4 Million copies in its lifetime.

Small update, up next is Starcraft Ghost followed up by the new Crash and the X-Box 360 Launch

Upcoming Chapter: Reviving the Ghost / Starcraft: Ghost
Upcoming Chapter: Crashing into a New System / Crash Tag Team
Upcoming Chapter: Double Speed Sonic! / Sonic DaSh

Really that is? Fell so underwhelming but that is how shantae games are anyway

next is Starcraft Ghost followed up by the new Crash and the X-Box 360 Launch
at least it didn't become the meme it was otl before being cancelled after blizzard was bored being asked for that title

ngl i genuinely wished i lived in this timeline, the premise of sega and nintendo merging sounds weird at first but at the end, it actually have a better outcome than otl

Last edited: