Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

Thanks for correcting me. Still very interesting!
Yeah show if put good enough effort, a multigame capable Saturn Emulator could be feasible if people care enough and push to make it,even better, they can emulated the extra ram cart too, so is up a good programming effort to making it possible

Out of all the Sega consoles, I think the Saturn is the second least remembered: it's better off than the SG-1000, but considering that console never released outside of Japan that's not really saying much.

As for the E3 thing, probably the biggest surprise is the Conker sequel, considering how Nintendo refused to associate themselves with Bad Fur Day. I figured now that they actually owned Rare Conker would fall into limbo: naturally I'm happy that's not the case.

probably the biggest surprise is the Conker sequel, considering how Nintendo refused to associate themselves with Bad Fur Day. I
The same Nintendo pushed conker on playboy and Nintendo that owned Nintendo of Mexico hyped that game a lot even being in full English. The thing is...I think Nintendo knew rare was leaving so used conker to pad rare price tag( reminder rare owned nothing but his pre 1994 games and I doubt people would have paid for rc pro am)

Puyo Popping Power! / Puyo Puyo Fever
Puyo Puyo Fever-min.png

Gameplay Screenshot from the GameCube Version

Puyo Puyo Fever
Developer: Sonic Team
Publisher: Nintendo
Platforms: GameCube, Game Boy Advance
Release Date: June 1, 2004

Voice Cast
Amitie: Christine Marie Cabanos
Lidelle: Giovannie Pico
Tarutaru: Mark Atherlay
Riffina: Brett Walter
Klug: Thessaly Lerner
Ms. Accord: Wendee Lee
Poipoi: Kyle Hebert
Oshare Bones: Mark Atherlay
Dongurigaeru: Naomi Wakabayashi
Frankenson: Brett Walter
Frankendad: Mark Atherlay
Onion Pixy: Evelyn Huynh
Ocean Prince: Erin Fitzgerald
Yu & Rei: Giovannie Pico
Hohow Bird: Mark Atherlay
Arle Nadja: Erica Mendez
Carbuncle: Erin Fitzgerald​

This game is more properly translated from the original Japanese. Using the original Puyo Puyo title instead of Puyo Pop and characters use their original names Lidelle in not Rider and Raffina is not Raffine.
The game features an online battle mode. Players can play with both friends and random matchmaking.
While the game didn’t meet Nintendo’s expected sales figures during 2004 and 2005, the game became a sleeper hit after the next game Puyo Puyo Fever DS launched the series to fame. Both GBA and GCN versions of Puyo Puyo Fever would sell a combined 2 Million copies in its lifetime.

Last edited:
Gaming News Summer 2004 / Everyone Disliked That
E3 2004 Edited.jpg

A Picture from E3 2004​

Capcom, Rockstar, Square Namco, Sony, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Midway, Nintendo, Atlus and other game companies that use Criterion Software’s RenderWare Engine are reportedly “furious” at a recent leak indicating that EA is in talks to purchase Criterion Software who develops RenderWare. Electronic Arts has yet to respond. – Excerpt from The New York Times June 2004

You can now watch F-Zero GP Legend, the smash hit movie Shrek and the popular Cartoon Network series My Life as a Teenage Robot on your Game Boy Advance in the latest Game Boy Advance Video releases! - Excerpt from Nintendo Power, June 2004

We’ve decided to cancel development on the Sega Saturn Super Collection for Nintendo GameCube to focus on perfecting the Sega Saturn emulator in order to ensure that the Sega Saturn emulator is ready for Project Revolution’s online store function upon launch day. – Internal memo from Sega

WHAT THE ACTUAL ****! ANOTHER ******* CARTOON ZELDA FOR BABIES! IT’S A SAD ******* DAY WHEN SEGA MAKES A BETTER ZELDA GAME THAN NINTENDO CAN! - Comment from GameFAQs, June 2004

Aonuma is a lousy developer. - Comment from IGN, June 2004

I liked Wind Waker! I’m excited for the sequel! - Comment from Zelda Universe Forums, June 2004

It’s like they knew everyone would hate the WW sequel so they also made a “cool” Zelda to try to shut everyone up. – Comment from 1Up.com, July 2004

Crash Bandicoot is starting to appear in advertisements for the X-Box, showing that Microsoft has made Crash their mascot in all but name. – Excerpt from Gamespot, August 2004

Major Games June – August 2004
Puyo Puyo Fever – Developer: Sonic Team / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Jun-1

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly – Developer: Check Six Studios, Equinoxe Digital Entertainment (Original), Digital Anvil (X-Box Port) / Publisher: Microsoft / Platforms: X-Box / Release Date: Jun-7
A port of Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly for the X-Box. This version fixes many of the bugs and glitches that plagued the previous versions, the choppy framerate was fixed, and the controls were improved. This naturally resulted in the X-Box version being far more well received. The X-Box port managed to sell over 1 million copies in its lifetime.

Sonic Advance 3 – Developer: Dimps, Sonic Team / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Jun-7

Ribbit King – Developer: Infinity, Jamsworks / Publisher: Bandai / Platforms: GCN, PS2/ Release Date: Jun-8

Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors – Developer: Cavia, Arc System Works / Publisher: Atari / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Jun-22

Mega Man Anniversary Collection – Developer: Atomic Planet / Publisher: Capcom / Platforms: GCN, PS2, X-Box / Release Date: Jun-23

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures – Developer: Nintendo / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Jun-29
The game’s Shadow Battle mode is fully playable online for players lacking the Game Boy Advance or Game Boy Advance Link Cable. The main story mode can also be played using LAN.

Mega Man Battle Network 4: Red Sun and Blue Moon – Developer: Capcom / Publisher: Capcom / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Jul-12
Like the previous game in the series these games feature online multiplayer.

Spider Man 2 – Developer: Treyarch / Publisher: Activision / Platforms: GCN, PS2, X-Box / Release Date: Jun-28

Tales of Symphonia – Developer: Square Namco / Publisher: Square Namco / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Jul-13

Sudekai – Developer: Climax Studios / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Jul-20

DOOM 3 – Developer: id Software / Publisher: Activision / Platforms: PC, X-Box / Release Date: Aug-3

Pikmin 2 – Developer: Nintendo EAD / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Aug-30

Most Played Online Games August 2004
1. Super Smash Brothers Melee
2. Counter-Strike
3. Battlefield 1942
4. Mario Kart: Double Dash
5. Pokémon: Ruby
6. Pokémon: Sapphire
7. Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II
8. Animal Crossing
9. Mario vs. Donkey Kong
10. Mario Party 5
11. Pac–Man Vs
12. Marvel vs. Capcom 2
13. Half - Life
14. Mega Man Battle Network 4: Red Sun
15. Mega Man Battle Network 4: Blue Moon

Nintendo Power Players Choice GameCube August 2004
1. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adverntures
2. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
3. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
4. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
5. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Games!
6. Mario Kart Double Dash
7. Pokémon Colosseum
8. Sakura Wars: Burning Passion & Peril in Paris!
9. Donkey Konga
10. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
11. Beyond Good & Evil
12. Soul Calibur II
13. Viewtiful Joe
14. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
15. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
16. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
17. Serious Sam: Next Encounter
18. Worms 3D
19. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
20. Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution

Nintendo Power Best Selling GameCube Games August 2004
1. Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles
2. Mario Kart: Double Dash
3. Sonic Heroes
4. Sega Genesis Mega Collection
5. Super Smash Bros Melee
6. Mario Party 5
7. F-Zero GX
8. Luigi’s Mansion
9. Super Monkey Ball
10. Super Mario Sunshine
11. Pac – Man Vs.
12. Need for Speed: Undergound
13. Sakura Wars: Burning Passion & Peril in Paris!
14. Dragon Ball Z Budokai
15. Star Fox: Uncharted Space
16. Dinosaur Planet Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
17. Sonic: Adventure DX: Director’s Cut
18. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
19. Panzer Dragoon Orta
20. Animal Crossing

Nintendo Power Player’s Choice Gameboy August 2004
1. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
2. Fire Emblem
3. Metroid: Zero Mission
4. Mario vs Donkey Kong
5. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
6. Kid Icarus: Underworld
7. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
8. Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
9. Warioware Inc.: Mega Microgames
10. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

Nintendo Power Best Selling Gameboy August 2004
1. Metroid: Zero Mission
2. Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
3. Kid Icarus: Underworld
4. Yu-Gi-Oh!: World Championship Tournament 2004
5. Pokémon Ruby
6. Pokémon Sapphire
7. Donkey Kong Country
8. Sonic Battle
9. Shantae: Risky's Revenge
10. Super Mario Advance 3: Super Mario Worl

Nintendo Power Most Wanted August 2004
1. Resident Evil 4 - GCN
2. Metroid Prime 2 - GCN
3. Fable - GCN
4. Tales of Symphonia - GCN
5. Paper Mario 2 - GCN

Last edited:
BAM! Double Kill! I got 2 chapters for you! I decided to give Puyo Puyo Fever 1 it’s own chapter even though I don't have too much to say about it. Up next is the DS Launch.

Next Chapter: Dawn of the DS
Upcoming Chapter: I got a Fever and the only Prescription! / Puyo Puyo Fever 2
Upcoming Chapter: The roar of a Lionhead / Fable
Upcoming Chapter: Pokemon Anime Season 7 / Pokemon Advanced Challenge
Upcoming Chapter: Perfect Shooting / Perfect Dark: 2000
Upcoming Chapter: Third Time’s the Charm / Shenmue III
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Fall 2004
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Holiday / Winter 2004
Upcoming Omake: Cartoon Network City Era
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Spring 2005

View attachment 686728
Gameplay Screenshot from the GameCube Version

Puyo Puyo Fever
Developer: Sonic Team
Publisher: Nintendo
Platforms: GameCube, Game Boy Advance
Release Date: June 1, 200

Voice Cast
Amitie: Christine Marie Cabanos
Lidelle: Giovannie Pico
Tarutaru: Mark Atherlay
Riffina: Brett Walter
Klug: Thessaly Lerner
Ms. Accord: Wendee Lee
Poipoi: Kyle Hebert
Oshare Bones: Mark Atherlay
Dongurigaeru: Naomi Wakabayashi
Frankenson: Brett Walter
Frankendad: Mark Atherlay
Onion Pixy: Evelyn Huynh
Ocean Prince: Erin Fitzgerald
Yu & Rei: Giovannie Pico
Hohow Bird: Mark Atherlay
Arle Nadja: Erica Mendez
Carbuncle: Erin Fitzgerald​

This game is more properly translated from the original Japanese. Using the original Puyo Puyo title instead of Puyo Pop and characters use their original names Lidelle in not Rider and Raffina is not Raffine.
The game features an online battle mode. Players can play with both friends and random matchmaking.
While the game didn’t meet Nintendo’s expected sales figures during 2004 and 2005, the game became a sleeper hit after the next game Puyo Puyo Fever DS launched the series to fame. Both GBA and GCN versions of Puyo Puyo Fever would sell a combined 2 Million copies in its lifetime.
Looks good so far, although I noticed some spelling errors in there, but it’s still good.
View attachment 686737
A Picture from E3 2004​

Capcom, Rockstar, Square Namco, Sony, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Midway, Nintendo, Atlus and other game companies that use Criterion Software’s RenderWare Engine are reportedly “furious” at a recent leak indicating that EA is in talks to purchase Criterion Software who develops RenderWare. Electronic Arts has yet to respond. – Excerpt from The New York Times June 2004

You can now watch F-Zero GP Legend, the smash hit movie Shrek and the popular Cartoon Network series My Life as a Teenage Robot on your Game Boy Advance in the latest Game Boy Advance Video releases! - Excerpt from Nintendo Power, June 2004

We’ve decided to cancel development on the Sega Saturn Super Collection for Nintendo GameCube to focus on perfecting the Sega Saturn emulator in order to ensure that the Sega Saturn emulator is ready for Project Revolution’s online store function upon launch day. – Internal memo from Sega

WHAT THE ACTUAL ****! ANOTHER ******* CARTOON ZELDA FOR BABIES! IT’S A SAD ******* DAY WHEN SEGA MAKES A BETTER ZELDA GAME THAN NINTENDO CAN! - Comment from GameFAQs, June 2004

Aonuma is a lousy developer. - Comment from IGN, June 2004

I liked Wind Waker! I’m excited for the sequel! - Comment from Zelda Universe Forums, June 2004

It’s like they knew everyone would hate the WW sequel so they also made a “cool” Zelda to try to shut everyone up. – Comment from 1Up.com, July 2004

Crash Bandicoot is starting to appear in advertisements for the X-Box, showing that Microsoft has made Crash their mascot in all but name. – Excerpt from Gamespot, August 2004

Major Games June – August 2004
Puyo Puyo Fever – Developer: Sonic Team / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Jun-1

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly – Developer: Check Six Studios, Equinoxe Digital Entertainment (Original), Digital Anvil (X-Box Port) / Publisher: Microsoft / Platforms: X-Box / Release Date: Jun-7
A port of Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly for the X-Box. This version fixes many of the bugs and glitches that plagued the previous versions, the choppy framerate was fixed, and the controls were improved. This naturally resulted in the X-Box version being far more well received. The X-Box port managed to sell over 1 million copies in its lifetime.

Sonic Advance 3 – Developer: Dimps, Sonic Team / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Jun-7

Ribbit King – Developer: Infinity, Jamsworks / Publisher: Bandai / Platforms: GCN, PS2/ Release Date: Jun-8

Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors – Developer: Cavia, Arc System Works / Publisher: Atari / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Jun-22

Mega Man Anniversary Collection – Developer: Atomic Planet / Publisher: Capcom / Platforms: GCN, PS2, X-Box / Release Date: Jun-23

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures – Developer: Nintendo / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Jun-29
The game’s Shadow Battle mode is fully playable online for players lacking the Game Boy Advance or Game Boy Advance Link Cable. The main story mode can also be played using LAN.

Mega Man Battle Network 4: Red Sun and Blue Moon – Developer: Capcom / Publisher: Capcom / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Jul-12
Like the previous game in the series these games feature online multiplayer.

Spider Man 2 – Developer: Treyarch / Publisher: Activision / Platforms: GCN, PS2, X-Box / Release Date: Jun-28

Tales of Symphonia – Developer: Square Namco / Publisher: Square Namco / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Jul-13

Sudekai – Developer: Climax Studios / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Jul-20

DOOM 3 – Developer: id Software / Publisher: Activision / Platforms: PC, X-Box / Release Date: Aug-3

Pikmin 2 – Developer: Nintendo EAD / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Aug-30

Most Played Online Games August 2004
1. Super Smash Brothers Melee
2. Counter-Strike
3. Battlefield 1942
4. Mario Kart: Double Dash
5. Pokémon: Ruby
6. Pokémon: Sapphire
7. Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II
8. Animal Crossing
9. Mario vs. Donkey Kong
10. Mario Party 5
11. Pac–Man Vs
12. Marvel vs. Capcom 2
13. Half - Life
14. Mega Man Battle Network 4: Red Sun
15. Mega Man Battle Network 4: Blue Moon

Nintendo Power Players Choice GameCube August 2004
1. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adverntures
2. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
3. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
4. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
5. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Games!
6. Mario Kart Double Dash
7. Pokémon Colosseum
8. Sakura Wars: Burning Passion & Peril in Paris!
9. Donkey Konga
10. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
11. Beyond Good & Evil
12. Soul Calibur II
13. Viewtiful Joe
14. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
15. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
16. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
17. Serious Sam: Next Encounter
18. Worms 3D
19. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
20. Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution

Nintendo Power Best Selling GameCube Games August 2004
1. Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles
2. Mario Kart: Double Dash
3. Sonic Heroes
4. Sega Genesis Mega Collection
5. Super Smash Bros Melee
6. Mario Party 5
7. F-Zero GX
8. Luigi’s Mansion
9. Super Monkey Ball
10. Super Mario Sunshine
11. Pac – Man Vs.
12. Need for Speed: Undergound
13. Sakura Wars: Burning Passion & Peril in Paris!
14. Dragon Ball Z Budokai
15. Star Fox: Uncharted Space
16. Dinosaur Planet Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
17. Sonic: Adventure DX: Director’s Cut
18. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
19. Panzer Dragoon Orta
20. Animal Crossing

Nintendo Power Player’s Choice Gameboy August 2004
1. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
2. Fire Emblem
3. Metroid: Zero Mission
4. Mario vs Donkey Kong
5. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
6. Kid Icarus: Underworld
7. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
8. Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
9. Warioware Inc.: Mega Microgames
10. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

Nintendo Power Best Selling Gameboy August 2004
1. Metroid: Zero Mission
2. Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
3. Kid Icarus: Underworld
4. Yu-Gi-Oh!: World Championship Tournament 2004
5. Pokémon Ruby
6. Pokémon Sapphire
7. Donkey Kong Country
8. Sonic Battle
9. Shantae: Risky's Revenge
10. Super Mario Advance 3: Super Mario Worl

Nintendo Power Most Wanted August 2004
1. Resident Evil 4 - GCN
2. Metroid Prime 2 - GCN
3. Fable - GCN
4. Tales of Symphonia - GCN
5. Paper Mario 2 - GCN
Hmm, ok, and as I was wondering, would Paper Mario 2 be any different ITTL?

Seems the current news affected this and for the best, that way would help the popularity for Saturn re releases, hope they can find panzer dragoon saga source code in some random CD out there

Puyo Puyo is not a franchise I'm very familiar with. I did play the AOSTH version of it on the Genesis, but I've never touched the "real deal".

Also, there's actually a Nintendo "franchise" that's pretty similar to Puyo Puyo: Tetris Attack, an SNES game starring Yoshi. Notably, the Japanese version was radically different than the one we got.

Lastly, I have to say that the original character designs for Puyo Puyo were much easier on the eyes (see below): the modern ones feel like an unholy mix of anime and "Adventure Time" style (I do like that show, just not the animation).
PuyoPuyo.png

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is the same. Now Super Paper Mario on the other hand.
What was different about Super Paper Mario?
Agreed, what was different about Super Paper Mario?
That the game will be different rather otl RPG platformer, but again SPM was the product of intelligent systems having full creative freedom for that game ( before firing their old staff after radiant dawn failure) so wonder what butterfly it away

Dawn of the DS
NIntendo DS.png
DS Home Screen.png

Pixel Art of the Nintendo DS & The DS Home Menu

Nintendo DS
Launch Date: November 21, 2004
Launch Price: 169.99
Pack In Title: Puyo Puyo Fever DS

Technical Specifications
Display

3.0 In (76mm)
256 × 192 px (Both Screens)
Backlight On/Off Toggle

Audio
Stereo with 16 PCM/ADPCM Channels

CPU
67.028 MHz ARM946E-S
(Processes Gameplay Mechanisms and Video Rendering)

33.514 MHz ARM7TDMI
(Processes Sound Output, Wi-Fi Support and takes on second-processor duties in Game Boy Advance Mode)

RAM

16 MB PSRAM

Storage
Internal 200 MB NAND Flash Memory
Expandable up to 2 GB via SD Card Slot
A 2007 System Update expanded this to 32 GB

Media
Nintendo DS Game Card (8-512 MB)
Game Boy Advance Game Cartridge (2–32 MB)
SD Card (512MB - 2 GB Supported)
A 2007 System Update adds support for SDHC Card (4 - 32 GB)

Input Controls
D-pad
Circle Pad
A/B/X/Y Buttons
L/R Buttons
START/SELECT Buttons
Touchscreen

Battery
850 mAh lithium-ion battery
Lasts 6–10 hours

Connectivity
Integrated 802.11

Dimensions
148.7 mm (5.85 in) W
84.7 mm (3.33 in) D
28.9 mm (1.14 in) H

Online Services
Nintendo Netcast
Nintendo DS Shop
Picto Chat

Launch Games
Asphalt Urban GT
Feel the Magic: XY/XX
Killer Instinct DS
Madden NFL 2005
Puyo Puyo Fever DS
Spider-Man 2
Super Mario 64 DS
The Urbz: Sims in the City
Super Mario Land (GB Virtual Console)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (GB Virtual Console)
Kirby’s Dreamland (GB Virtual Console)
Donkey Kong (GB Virtual Console)
Game and Watch Gallery (GB Virtual Console)
Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX (GBC Virtual Console)
Shantae (GBC Virtual Console)
Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble (GG Virtual Console)
Tails Adventure (GG Virtual Console)​

While the DS ITTL is mostly as OTL same performance wise, the DS ITTL has some extra bells and whistles compared to OTL’s version. Most notable is the Analog Controller, dubbed the Circle Pad it functions just like the OTL version of the 3DS’ Circle Pad. The Circle Pad provides the system with full 3D Analog, which was requested by Yuji Naka and a few other Sega Devs who all felt that a system capable of 3D Games needed to have a precise analog control. The irony that Nintendo, the first company to release a console featuring true analog control was releasing a 3D system without analog control was not lost on either Sega or Nintendo.

The real major changes to the DS come in its software. Featuring 2 major online features not present IOTL, an online functionality to Picto Chat and an online shop. 200 MB of Internal Memory and an SD Card slot was included to accommodate these features. In November 2007 A system update availible via the Shop Channel added support for SDHC Cards.
Picto Chat has the same wireless chat functionality of OTL, but it also functions as an online messaging program to send messages and drawings to your Nintendo Netcast friends. Over 100 received messages/drawings are saved and the oldest message/drawing is deleted when the 101st message is received, but the user can permanently save any message/drawing received to an SD Card. You can also open a long-distance chat room for your Nintendo Netcast friends to join.
The DS Shop is a simple online shop Similar to the DSI Shop from OTL. The two main things to purchase are DSware and Virtual Console. DSware ranges from low budget titles, applications like a calculator, and downloadable content for games. The Virtual Console features downloadable Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games. This allows you to play Game Boy and Game Boy Color games which are not backward compatible with the DS. It uses “Nintendo Shop Points” to buy things, with 100 Nintendo Points equating to 1 Dollar/100 Yen. All programs are saved to the SD Card.

In Japan and North America every DS came with Puyo Puyo Fever DS as a pack-in title. This was done to boost the popularity of Puyo Puyo outside of Japan and boost the appeal of the DS in Japan. This decision was inspired by the Game Boy including Tetris as a pack-in title. In Yuji Naka’s own words to Satoru Iwata “Including a puzzle game helped draw in everyone to the Game Boy, not just gamers. Including Puyo Puyo with the DS will do much of the same.”

Last edited:
The timeline finally sees the launch of a next gen system! TTL’s DS has some features from the DSi and includes proper analog control.
Oh yeah and about Super Paper Mario. I'm weighing 2 options and neither of them are good. It's one of the first negative consequences of the butterfly effect.

Next Chapter: I got a Fever and the only Prescription! / Puyo Puyo Fever 2
Upcoming Chapter: Killer Launch Title / Killer Instinct DS
Upcoming Chapter: Battle of the Hunters / Metroid Prime 2: Hunters
Upcoming Chapter: E3 2005
Upcoming Chapter: The Greek Tragedy of a Squirrel / Conker’s Other Bad Fur Day
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Summer 2005

View attachment 689130View attachment 689131
Pixel Art of the Nintendo DS & The DS Home Menu

Nintendo DS
Launch Date: November 21, 2004
Launch Price: 169.99
Pack In Title: Puyo Puyo Fever DS

Technical Specifications
Display

3.0 In (76mm)
256 × 192 px (Both Screens)
Backlight On/Off Toggle

Audio
Stereo with 16 PCM/ADPCM Channels

CPU
67.028 MHz ARM946E-S
(Processes Gameplay Mechanisms and Video Rendering)

33.514 MHz ARM7TDMI
(Processes Sound Output, Wi-Fi Support and takes on second-processor duties in Game Boy Advance Mode)

RAM

16 MB PSRAM

Storage
Internal 200 MB NAND Flash Memory
Expandable up to 32 GB via SD/SDHC Card Slot

Media
Nintendo DS Game Card (8-512 MB)
Game Boy Advance Game Cartridge (2–32 MB)
SD Card (2-32 GB Supported)

Input Controls
D-pad
Circle Pad
A/B/X/Y Buttons
L/R Buttons
START/SELECT Buttons
Touchscreen

Battery
850 mAh lithium-ion battery
Lasts 6–10 hours

Connectivity
Integrated 802.11

Dimensions
148.7 mm (5.85 in) W
84.7 mm (3.33 in) D
28.9 mm (1.14 in) H

Online Services
Nintendo Netcast
Nintendo DS Shop
Picto Chat

Launch Games
Asphalt Urban GT
Feel the Magic: XY/XX
Killer Instinct DS
Madden NFL 2005
Puyo Puyo Fever DS
Spider-Man 2
Super Mario 64 DS
The Urbz: Sims in the City
Super Mario Land (GB Virtual Console)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (GB Virtual Console)
Kirby’s Dreamland (GB Virtual Console)
Donkey Kong (GB Virtual Console)
Game and Watch Gallery (GB Virtual Console)
Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX (GBC Virtual Console)
Shantae (GBC Virtual Console)
Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble (GG Virtual Console)
Tails Adventure (GG Virtual Console)​

While the DS ITTL is mostly as OTL same performance wise, the DS ITTL has some extra bells and whistles compared to OTL’s version. Most notable is the Analog Controller, dubbed the Circle Pad it functions just like the OTL version of the 3DS’ Circle Pad. The Circle Pad provides the system with full 3D Analog, which was requested by Yuji Naka and a few other Sega Devs who all felt that a system capable of 3D Games needed to have a precise analog control. The irony that Nintendo, the first company to release a console featuring true analog control was releasing a 3D system without analog control was not lost on either Sega or Nintendo.

The real major changes to the DS come in its software. Featuring 2 major online features not present IOTL, an online functionality to Picto Chat and an online shop. 200 MB of Internal Memory and an SD Card slot was included to accommodate these features.
Picto Chat has the same wireless chat functionality of OTL, but it also functions as an online messaging program to send messages and drawings to your Nintendo Netcast friends. Over 100 received messages/drawings are saved and the oldest message/drawing is deleted when the 101st message is received, but the user can permanently save any message/drawing received to an SD Card. You can also open a long-distance chat room for your Nintendo Netcast friends to join.
The DS Shop is a simple online shop Similar to the DSI Shop from OTL. The two main things to purchase are DSware and Virtual Console. DSware ranges from low budget titles, applications like a calculator, and downloadable content for games. The Virtual Console features downloadable Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games. This allows you to play Game Boy and Game Boy Color game which are not backward compatible with the DS. It uses “Nintendo Shop Points” to buy things, with 100 Nintendo Points equating to 1 Dollar/100 Yen. All programs are saved to the SD Card.

In Japan and North America every DS came with Puyo Puyo Fever DS as a pack-in title. This done to boost the popularity of Puyo Puyo outside of Japan and boost the appeal of the DS in Japan. This decision was inspired by the Game Boy including Tetris as a pack-in title. In Yuji Naka’s own words to Satoru Iwata “Including a puzzle game helped draw in everyone to the Game Boy, not just gamers. Including Puyo Puyo with the DS will do much of the same.”
1: The idea that the DS would be a mix of OTL's system and the 3DS, with the Virtual Console having an earlier debut on Nintendo consoles, is great.
2: Going to the game selection at launch, there is a bit more variety this time around, which is always a good thing.
3: Considering how Puyo Puyo became a pack-in title, I am all for that.

The timeline finally sees the launch of a next gen system! TTL’s DS has some features from the DSi and includes proper analog control.
Oh yeah and about Super Paper Mario. I'm weighing 2 options and neither of them are good. It's one of the first negative consequences of the butterfly effect.
Is one of them making the game nonexistent? If so, what's the other option?
Next Chapter: I got a Fever and the only Prescription! / Puyo Puyo Fever 2
Upcoming Chapter: Killer Launch Title / Killer Instinct DS
Upcoming Chapter: Battle of the Hunters / Metroid Prime 2: Hunters
Upcoming Chapter: E3 2005
Upcoming Chapter: The Greek Tragedy of a Squirrel / Conker’s Other Bad Fur Day
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Summer 2005
I think you've got your work cut out for you here.

online functionality to Picto Chat and
PC is going to be killed faster than OTL, OTL becomes a mess of insults and bullying, here we got the swap note controversy earlier too....RIP PC killed because the GIFT human nature.

Do it, those are what the butterflies are all about, some things can be negatively impacted even if not expected by one. Still wonder what IS would do, this is before Radiant Dawn Failure made IS shake up(read fire or relocalized personnel into other Nintendo teams) his staff(the same IS shared with paper Mario, so depends what happened to Path of Radiance ITTL