TLs where Islam is the main focus

Here are some TLs that are Islam focused or where muslims are dominant:

Last edited:
(my personal favourite)
https://www.clockworksky.net/gurkani_alam/ah_mughal_top.html (not posted in AH.com but the user is here so its count i guess)
ASBish

Last edited:
I’d honestly like to see a TL based on one of the many claimants to the title of Mahdi. There have been many over the years, with varying degrees of success.

Another idea would be a different ending to the Ikhwahn’s assault on the grand Mosque in Mecca during The 70s.

Well Jewish Muhammad is a Jewish timeline, kinda like no islam TLs. But the rest are good. Thanks for sharing! Apparently I read only half the Islam TLs of this site.
I thought so too!
But I linked it because the main character was Muhammed which is the one muslim that pops into everyone's head when talking about Islam
And yeah same feeling, I thought I knew most of them but not even close

Back goes the sand and Edge of the orient are not Islamic TL,the former is Roman while the latter doesn’t focus on muslims or results in a muslim Philippines.
The former is No-Islam I figure? Like I said those were the ones I am unfamiliar with but found on islam tags and muslims seemed to play a role

The former is No-Islam I figure? Like I said those were the ones I am unfamiliar with but found on islam tags and muslims seemed to play a role
Not necessarily no islam,more like islam screw. I was gathering islam focused TLs or ones Where they remain powerful.

Isn't there a sahih hadeeth that there is already a big hole in wall? Some people speculate it with Anglo saxons and Vikings while nutjobs like Imran Nazar points to Khazar, Turks and Scythians😆😆.
Yet we dunno who The dual horned nor who the Sabians were, so that might be the wall neither. But yeah the Mahdi Mythos has very specific steps, and is not something that can be used lightly

Many thanks to @Idzni_Hezrin05 for the links!

Hadn't seen these before. Unfortunately, the "Islam" tag here is mostly co-opted by authors writing "No Islam" or "No Muslims in Europe" type fics.

Thanks also to @Ursogulos for the OP!

The vast majority of AH timelines have the Ottoman Empire's European holdings remain either the same or reduced from OTL.

On a positive note, here are a couple fics that merit mention in this thread:

Goodbye Versailles has a whimsical start, but quickly evolves into a god-tier fic that is both well written and has superb characterization. It has a more global (and particularly Japan-centric) focus, but is remarkably even handed with Muslim representation.

The New Order: A Successful Selim III is a newer fic started in 2023 that shows promise.

Map of above TL (https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/attachments/map-of-europe-1970-png.810072/)

Last edited:

Rightly Guided: Zaid ibn Haritha and his Rashidun Caliphate

Introducing the TL
Hey, everybody! This is my first TL (huzzah) and you've just seen the POD. In OTL, the Battle of Mut’ah, a Muslim raid sent against the Byzantine Empire in retribution for the death of a Muslim missionary in Basra, ended in the death of Zaid ibn Haritha, Abdallah ibn Rawahah and the Prophet’s uncle Ja’far. When Khalid took command, he conducted an organized retreat and got his remaining men out safely. In TTL, Zaid listens to Khalid’s counsel to only harass the much larger army, retreat, and decimate the Ghassanid outriders who chase them over Abdallah’s advice to enter pitched battle. The TTL Muslims lose many less men thanks to this, with Zaid and Abdallah being among the survivors.

One of my favorite timelines that's sadly dead.