The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Since people in here are talking about the future ITTL, and I have been re-reading this timeline, I will start sharing some walls of texts in my head that I look forward to hear people's opinions on them:

How would a World War 3, nuclear apocalypse, and post-apocalyptic media be in the point of view of the 2024 world of FOM?, both in pop culture, and serious fears?, assuming that they would not be extremely niche subjects to begin with, like in the games and films below:
d211b32207b87652e7a9848653ce2eb7.jpg
battlefield-4-ps3-boxart.jpg
6293225-homefront-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg
0f9aa4496eb771aabc509834d4f01f80.jpg
0cf20aaf1f31ec05db641f35e28e3096.jpg
threads-vhs-movie-cover-md.jpg

Considering the geopolitical status of the world ITTL, the fact that Russia is pacifist and no longer has nukes, all of Europe seem to get along pretty well, China is a (flawed) democracy and more of a friendly competitor than rival to the West, and nuclear weapons were used a lot ITTL, then not only is a total nuclear WW3 very difficult to pull off in this world, but if anything, people ITTL fear nukes way less, given that nukes are not the world-enders in the popular imagination of OTL, since in here, they were only used during wartime twice, whereas ITTL, nuclear weapons were used very liberally, so they are just seen as big bombs, rather than the apocalyptic tools with almost supernatural powers that they are seen IOTL.

Because other than ASB/Sci-Fi/Fantasy apocalypse tropes like zombies, a world-ending virus, meteor, or alien invasion, would a more grounded and realistic world-ending scenario, such as global nuclear war (which bear in mind, is something maufactured by humans) still be a thing in the present-day imagination?, or would apocalyptic/technothriller fiction just go full-ASB to find a plot device to end the world?, thus, the fantasy and sci-fi genres would be more popular, since there are fewer, let us say, "interesting" (i.e. massive continent-spanning wars and crises) things happening around the world to talk about in political thrillers?

The first thing that pops up in my mind is of course, Apartheid South Africa, which is pretty much TTL equivalent of OTL North Korea, and likely to be the punching bag in both Western and Eastern pop culture and fiction, I can already imagine a Homefront/COD Modern Warfare equivalent where South Africa goes full-Draka in invading all of Africa up to Katanga, with their justification being to "protect" the White inhabitants of these African countries, until South Africa invades the United States and Europe because..... reasons, people gotta have a plot for video games or films.

A revanchist Arab World/Second Arab Republic might also be a popular trope in fiction, but from a real-life standpoint, it is quite clear that they have no means to pull off something like this ever again, Syria could also be a recurring villain, but again, they are too much miserable to control themselves, much less become a superpower and invade other countries, as poor as it is, at least OTL North Korea has nuclear weapons and a society that is united under a single ideology and leadership.

Overall, it is hard to see war-themed video games set in modern-day wars like COD: Modern Warfare, Battlefield, Homefront, and Spec Ops: The Line existing ITTL, perhaps shooter game genres would be exclusively set in World War II, the Second Arabian War, and future sci-fi settings, rather than-present day scenarios, like how it was IOTL 1990s and 2000s, before 9/11 and the War on Terror popularized the "MERICA FUCK YEAH! vs. Terrorism" modern warfare shooter cultural behemoth of the 2000s.

Now onto the post-apocalyptic genre, I really wanted to know if an equivalent of the OTL Fallout game from 1997 would exist ITTL, as IOTL, Fallout was released with the post-nuclear premise even after the Cold War had ended, since while Russia had fallen from grace in the eyes of the West despite it still having nukes, the US still had other formidable foes in their way, so the devs chose the People's Republic of China as the main enemy of the US, who was a rising power and the second most powerful country ruled by a Communist party.[1]

So which countries and what kind of geopolitical conflict could be seen as the catalysts of a WW3 or a nuclear apocalypse ITTL?, perhaps an ultra-nationalist and fascist-adjacent Republic of China, seeking to avenge the century of humiliation by restoring its Qing Dyansty-era borders without having to fear the unarmed and pacifist Russians?, or could a "Pan-Aryanist" united India, the most populous country on earth, with a working space program and (AFAIK) nukes take over that role, by invading Afghanistan and Iran given their Islamophobia?, or even perhaps a Sino-Indian alliance?, but of course, this may be big stretching motivated by yellow peril and anti-Indian xenophobia, rather than anything founded on reality.

As the theoretical main villain of the US in Fallout, South Africa would be completely unable to single-handedly end the world with their nukes, a massive nuclear war in Southern Africa, with a foreign coalition invading the country to finally overthrow Apartheid?, for sure, but if the 2AW happened with a lot of nukes and chemical attacks and did not ended the world, then such a conflict, as brutal and involving millions of deaths as it would be, would not be an apocalypse.

I can perhaps see a "Death of Russia" situation for South Africa should they ever be invaded and knowing that they will be overthrown, they would use their nukes on themselves and their Bantustans in a Plan Zass-esque scenario, where they would rather turn the entire country into a nuclear wasteland with neither whites nor blacks living in it, instead of ever losing grip on power.

In an interview with R. Scott Campbell, one of the main writers of the first Fallout game, he said that he chose China as the apocalyptic final rival of the United States in World War III, because he overheard a Russian mafia shootout in the Moscow streets during a phone call with a Russian dev:
The nuclear Armageddon in the back-story was between the US and China. After shipping several people asked me why China and not the old standby, the Soviet Union. I made the choice when I remembered experiences with Oleg, a Moscow developer I worked with months before when I was assistant-producing a typing game.

Once, in the middle of a phone conversation, I heard some muffled bangs, and the phone went quiet. When I asked him what the noise was, he replied, "Oh, it was just the Russian mob firing their guns in the street." I thought he was joking, he wasn't.

After that, I had a really hard time believing that the once mighty USSR would be in a position to threaten the world any time soon. So I turned to the next major communist country that typifies "the East": China.

Last edited:
Since people in here are talking about the future ITTL, and I have been re-reading this timeline, I will start sharing some walls of texts in my head that I look forward to hear people's opinions on them:

How would a World War 3, nuclear apocalypse, and post-apocalyptic media be in the point of view of the 2024 world of FOM?, both in pop culture, and serious fears?, assuming that they would not be extremely niche subjects to begin with, like in the games and films below:
d211b32207b87652e7a9848653ce2eb7.jpg
battlefield-4-ps3-boxart.jpg
6293225-homefront-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg
0f9aa4496eb771aabc509834d4f01f80.jpg
0cf20aaf1f31ec05db641f35e28e3096.jpg
threads-vhs-movie-cover-md.jpg

Considering the geopolitical status of the world ITTL, the fact that Russia is pacifist and no longer has nukes, all of Europe seem to get along pretty well, China is a (flawed) democracy and more of a friendly competitor than rival to the West, and nuclear weapons were used a lot ITTL, then not only is a total nuclear WW3 very difficult to pull off in this world, but if anything, people ITTL fear nukes way less, given that nukes are not the world-enders in the popular imagination of OTL, since in here, they were only used during wartime twice, whereas ITTL, nuclear weapons were used very liberally, so they are just seen as big bombs, rather than the apocalyptic tools with almost supernatural powers that they are seen IOTL.

Because other than ASB/Sci-Fi/Fantasy apocalypse tropes like zombies, a world-ending virus, meteor, or alien invasion, would a more grounded and realistic world-ending scenario, such as global nuclear war (which bear in mind, is something maufactured by humans) still be a thing in the present-day imagination?, or would apocalyptic/technothriller fiction just go full-ASB to find a plot device to end the world?, thus, the fantasy and sci-fi genres would be more popular, since there are fewer, let us say, "interesting" (i.e. massive continent-spanning wars and crises) things happening around the world to talk about in political thrillers?

The first thing that pops up in my mind is of course, Apartheid South Africa, which is pretty much TTL equivalent of OTL North Korea, and likely to be the punching bag in both Western and Eastern pop culture and fiction, I can already imagine a Homefront/COD Modern Warfare equivalent where South Africa goes full-Draka in invading all of Africa up to Katanga, with their justification being to "protect" the White inhabitants of these African countries, until South Africa invades the United States and Europe because..... reasons, people gotta have a plot for video games or films.

A revanchist Arab World/Second Arab Republic might also be a popular trope in fiction, but from a real-life standpoint, it is quite clear that they have no means to pull off something like this ever again, Syria could also be a recurring villain, but again, they are too much miserable to control themselves, much less become a superpower and invade other countries, as poor as it is, at least OTL North Korea has nuclear weapons and a society that is united under a single ideology and leadership.

Overall, it is hard to see war-themed video games set in modern-day wars like COD: Modern Warfare, Battlefield, Homefront, and Spec Ops: The Line existing ITTL, perhaps shooter game genres would be exclusively set in World War II, the Second Arabian War, and future sci-fi settings, rather than-present day scenarios, like how it was IOTL 1990s and 2000s, before 9/11 and the War on Terror popularized the "MERICA FUCK YEAH! vs. Terrorism" modern warfare shooter cultural behemoth of the 2000s.

Now onto the post-apocalyptic genre, I really wanted to know if an equivalent of the OTL Fallout game from 1997 would exist ITTL, as IOTL, Fallout was released with the post-nuclear premise even after the Cold War had ended, since while Russia had fallen from grace in the eyes of the West despite it still having nukes, the US still had other formidable foes in their way, so the devs chose the People's Republic of China as the main enemy of the US, who was a rising power and the second most powerful country ruled by a Communist party.[1]

So which countries and what kind of geopolitical conflict could be seen as the catalysts of a WW3 or a nuclear apocalypse ITTL?, perhaps an ultra-nationalist and fascist-adjacent Republic of China, seeking to avenge the century of humiliation by restoring its Qing Dyansty-era borders without having to fear the unarmed and pacifist Russians?, or could a "Pan-Aryanist" united India, the most populous country on earth, with a working space program and (AFAIK) nukes take over that role, by invading Afghanistan and Iran given their Islamophobia?, or even perhaps a Sino-Indian alliance?, but of course, this may be big stretching motivated by yellow peril and anti-Indian xenophobia, rather than anything founded on reality.

As the theoretical main villain of the US in Fallout, South Africa would be completely unable to single-handedly end the world with their nukes, a massive nuclear war in Southern Africa, with a foreign coalition invading the country to finally overthrow Apartheid?, for sure, but if the 2AW happened with a lot of nukes and chemical attacks and did not ended the world, then such a conflict, as brutal and involving millions of deaths as it would be, would not be an apocalypse.

I can perhaps see a "Death of Russia" situation for South Africa should they ever be invaded and knowing that they will be overthrown, they would use their nukes on themselves and their Bantustans in a Plan Zass-esque scenario, where they would rather turn the entire country into a nuclear wasteland with neither whites nor blacks living in it, instead of ever losing grip on power.

In an interview with R. Scott Campbell, one of the main writers of the first Fallout game, he said that he chose China as the apocalyptic final rival of the United States in World War III, because he overheard a Russian mafia shootout in the Moscow streets during a phone call with a Russian dev:

The Post-Fascist geopolitical status is divided between Neoliberal ITO and Alt-Lite (not a thing ITTL but that's how their systems are) CIS. While they're nominally divided over which type of democracy is correct, FoM!CIS, being the successor of the Roman Alliance, is filled with more belligerent countries (minus Arab States, Central Asia and Indonesia) to whom morality is optional and where anti-Fascists are regularly derided for being "Covert Commies" or "butthurt losers". Some members from ITO have only applied to join the organisation because of nationalist grievances against their hated neighbors and not what ITO stands for (Turkey for Greece and Armenia, China for Japan, Korea and Vietnam, Italy for Serbia and most of ITO Europe due to it having the reputation of OTL USA because of obvious reasons, Lusitania for Portugal and Brazil, etc...). Most importanty, the CIS couldn't care less about what is right or wrong beyond what Mussolini told them when he was alive as long as they get to profit from it; in particular, they've steadily yet casually rapproaching the Global Pariah that is South Africa, and would've gladly reinvited the latter if they thought they could finally get away with it.

The break came in 1994, when democracy was restored. At this the Kingdom of Saba, Arab Federation, Arabian Kingdom and Kingdom of Hejaz reopened trade relations. This was supposed to be to convince South Africa to calm its roguish behaviour, but it was actually the beginning of one of the most astonishing money laundering operations in history. The dictatorial countries ended up being used by Turkey, Iran and Italy to siphon off diamonds from South Africa in return for money while none of them would end up taking the reputational hit of dealing with the loathed state. From this point on, the usefulness of the embargo effectively collapsed and South Africa’s economy began to broadly recover from its implosion during the Bantustan War.

But of all parties, China is perhaps the most interesting, and it’s there that the most rumours and speculation emerge. South Africa has invested almost every spare coin it has into finding rare Earth metals to diversify from diamonds and have a powerful incentive for any state to do business with it. The intention is practically explicitly to bribe China with the lure of Rare Earth metals in order for it to become the premier military power in the world, in return for recognition and non-interference in South Africa’s internal affairs. Polls now show that more Chinese people want to end the non-recognition of South Africa if it could grant them favoured status in that nation’s largely sealed-off economy. The Chinese by all accounts are largely waiting for an opportune moment to make the move, which would almost certainly lead to a domino effect of CIS members (even those who have publicly denounced the state) recognising South Africa. By then, of course, the West’s economic embargo would be utterly useless and South Africa will have ‘gotten away with it’ to quote Henry Kissinger.

Thus, OTL games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Homeland and Fallout would mainly be set in what you've implied above, as well as using CIS (especially China, Italy and Turkey) as the main Modern Warfare villain; ITO would act as this force of good bringing the CIS to justice by avenging the crimes of Fascism and healing the wounds of anti-Fascist nations, whereas CIS' version would portray themselves as paragons of order asserting total hegemony over the vanquished ITO and leaving America and India balkanized as the result. Many minor FoM countries fantasize about revenge war video games against those who stole their land or wronged them despite the general intolerance for literal wars.

Afrikaners have become the main overall villains in Global media after they stuffed all South African Blacks into Bantustans once the latter lost the Homeland War, with them being presented as these "Blood Money" diamond-trading mercenaries seeking glory of the White Race and Afrikanerdom as the "Amoral Afrikaner" trope has been taken to 11. "Homeland" would fully be applied to South Africa going Draka and what have you, but Red Alert would instead be called "Black Alert" to represent the Fascist Threat. Same goes for Communists before Afrikaners became the top villains of the World.

As for Arabs, nobody outside Syrians wish to pull off another war because: A. Israel has literally cut off Arabs from North Africa, Mesopotamia and Arabian Peninsula with its bloated land; B. Operation Samson; and C. The detterence derived from the Treaty of Budapest is so extreme and Ustashan hatred that characterized it was so insane that advocating something like this would be completely unthinkable. However, few Arabs who do actively/openly advocate this in form of Ba'athists and Salafists are either ruthlessly crushed into retreating to Syria (Ex-Arabs, non-Arab Middle East and non-Syrian Arabs north of Israeli border) or banished to "Syrian Territories" (the rest of Arab States). After all, Syrians may be united in worshiping you-know-who plus the Ba'ath Party and hating everybody, but they're inconsistent to decide which of the six systems within the Council of Six should be the permanent regime of Syria and avenge Aflaq by carrying out the (futile) total war against every country on Earth (beginning with Turkey, then with Israel and its northern neighbors, and then the rest).

As such, FoM!Syrians are basically reversed BVTAOE!North Koreans where instead of turning against their totalitarian tormentors and achieving a stable state with reconciliation from former enemies, they double down and became even more fanatical and detestable than they were before Samson despite the resulting everlasting anarchy, unrepenant and feral with pride towards UAR where they were "Masters of Arabia" while Arab States who joined the UAR were their "inferiors" (all began with the loss of Syrian coastline, btw. That's how Aflaq came to power in the first place). And the only one who always keeps them in check is Turkey.

For "Death of -insert a major power-", there'd be several types of it with likes of "Death of China", "Death of America", "Death of India", "Death of Italy", "Death of France" and "Death of Britain" without directly being named as such. Timelines of major countries turning evil (or more evil like with Italy) would also be a thing, as would Hitman when it comes to crucial assassinations which prevent or stop atrocities and evil orgs around the World.

Last edited:
The good news is this: thanks to AI making video production easier, the ability for individuals to make their own alternate history scenario with broader reach will become much easier within the next decade or so.

Hopefully AI will make producing such things much easier.
I’d love to see an A.I. FOM News broadcast!!
Alternate History media is one of the times where AI use is justified and applicable, the videos of @Iwahn's Geronimo Timeline are proofs of that, such as President Bill Clinton announcing the death of Osama Bin Laden on 21 August 1998, and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno making fun of Bush reading books for school children while looking like a doofus on the boring and uneventful day of 11 September 2001.

Even news reports about The Death of Russia timeline could be quite easy to pull off, like 1994-1995 news reports on the Yugoslav wars laced together with footage from the 1993 Russian constitutional crisis being turned into news broadcasts about the Second Russian Civil War instead, there even exists some 1990s video footage of armed Russian Neo-Nazis undergoing paramilitary training, easily making the videos be about the Nashi troops instead.

But of course, more complex and pre-1970s period-accurate ones may be more difficult and complex to pull off, and people will have to wait for AI to get more advanced not just to make convincing news reports about these, but also for it to accurately mimic old television broadcasts

Last edited:
Alternate History media is one of the times where AI use is justified and applicable, the videos of @Iwahn's Geronimo Timeline are proofs of that, such as President Bill Clinton announcing the death of Osama Bin Laden on 21 August 1998, and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno making fun of Bush reading books for school children while looking like a doofus on the boring and uneventful day of 11 September 2001.

Even news reports about The Death of Russia timeline could be quite easy to pull off, like 1994-1995 news reports on the Yugoslav wars laced together with footage from the 1993 Russian constitutional crisis being turned into news broadcasts about the Second Russian Civil War instead, there even exists some 1990s video footage of armed Russian Neo-Nazis undergoing paramilitary training, easily making the videos be about the Nashi troops instead.

But of course, more complex and pre-1970s period-accurate ones may be more difficult and complex to pull off, and people will have to wait for AI to get more advanced not just to make convincing news reports about these, but also for it to accurately mimic old television broadcasts

Wouldn't, say, AI of WW1 era footage be easier to do than more recent news broadcasts?

Also, in a previous WorldA map of this timeline, the Andaman and Nicobar islands are portrayed as still belonging to Britain, but on the Q-BAM map, they are Indian just like OTL, so what is their status ITTL?, since as far as the search function works, they are not mentioned at any point in this entire thread.

Edit: Bonus question, in one of the maps, the Congo is portrayed as having annexed most of the western portion of the Central African Republic, but in the other one, the CAF-Congo border is the same as in OTL, so which border is the canon one?

Last edited:
Do we have a ranking of the world’s top 10 economies? I know 1-4 should be China, US, India, Japan. Iran I know is in the top 10, and I would think the imperial federation would like be 5, Germany 6, and probably Italy, Iran, Vietnam and France rounding out the 10 in some way order.

Edit: I see Vietnam is 10 and Iran is 9, so 5-8 are up in the air. Are Israel, Turkey, Katanga, Venezuela and the Philippines in the top 20 looking in? And Vietnam is said to have outmuscled France so France is probably out of the top 10

Last edited:
Do we have a ranking of the world’s top 10 economies? I know 1-4 should be China, US, India, Japan. Iran I know is in the top 10, and I would think the imperial federation would like be 5, Germany 6, and probably Italy, Iran, Vietnam and France rounding out the 10 in some way order.

I know India is number 2 as it had recently surpassed American GDP; Iran is number 9 and Vietnam number 10.

It contradicts itself. The entry for the US also says it's the worlds second largest economy still, behind China, but India's entry says its number 2 as well.

Japan being four makes sense-it never had the lost decade and a crash, but China and India just boomed more. Imperial Federation would be 5 because UK had a mildly less damaging war, decolonization went a little smoother, and it's essentially the UK plus Singapore, Cyprus, Malta, Guyana, Belize, Canada, New Zealand and Australia as one economic bloc per the EU. And with some closer ties to the mega economy that is India and it's other former Commonwealth Nations as well as some favorable oil deals, it's still sitting pretty. Germany being 6 makes sense-Germany kept Silesia, and the division of Germany was much shorter, and fewer cities were razed, but it still isn't quite the same as the raw size of the Anglosphere. 7 and 8 IDK. Italy being 7 kinda makes sense, IOTL it's 8, but it has oil wealth, a larger population, and more economic ties. for 8 NO idea, because Iran is 9 and Vietnam is 10, but France is being pushed out of the top spot in the Francophone by the booming Vietnamese economy. Mexico maybe? IOTL it's 12, but with a much quieter and calmer Latin America, and Russia a sleepy backwater, and Brazil said to have suffered extreme brain drain and is behind Venezuela in South America, maybe Mexico is a quiet number 8. Than Iran 9 and Vietnam 10. Turkey, France, Venezuela, Israel, Katanga, EAF, Phillipines, Spain, Russia and Brazil fitting out the top 20?

Last edited:

Edit: I see Vietnam is 10 and Iran is 9, so 5-8 are up in the air. Are Israel, Turkey, Katanga, Venezuela and the Philippines in the top 20 looking in? And Vietnam is said to have outmuscled France so France is probably out of the top 10

I read somewhere that ITTL Italy's social and political problems aren't nearly as difficult, so would this make Italy is wealthy per capita as, say, Germany?

As promised in the Bush vs. the Axis of Evil thread, this is the "ultimate" WorldA of world of The Footprint of Mussolini as of 2024, I co-created this map together with @Dementor999, this map would not have been made without his help!

This includes some features that have never been featured on another FOM maps, such as the Christian insurgencies in Nigeria and Indonesia, and specifically important, Tibet having the same borders of OTL, when all maps of this timeline showcase a "Greater Tibet" which includes all of the ethnic Tibetan-inhabited areas in China, when I do not recall such a border ever being mentioned in this TL, so me and Dementor999 decided to make Tibet having the same borders as they do as of 1949 OTL, and also til this day as the Xizang Autonomous Region of the OTL PRC.

Furthermore, I made the administrative subdivisions of East Turkestan myself, basing them after the areas de-facto controlled by the First and Second East Turkestan Republics, since I was unable to find any map showing pre-PRC subdivisions of the region, the closest that I could stumble upon was the Kumul Khanate and Yettishar/Kashgaria, so its subdivisions are an amalgamation of the 2nd and 3rd ET Republic, the Kumul Khanate, and Yettishar/Kashgaria.

The colored dots in Brazil, Bolivia Peru, and West Papua are isolated tribes.
vbwFXXL.png

SR1wB6e.png
Here are the final world maps I made for Bush vs. the Axis of Evil and The Death of Russia, as a final goodbye letter to the Sorairoverse.
Once again, big credit goes to @Dementor999, he corrected almost all of the mistakes and made me aware of changes in the world map.

The subdivisions of Italian East Africa are modeled after this map by @MusuMankata

The Footprint of Mussolini WorldA world map by @Zoidberg12

The Footprint of Mussolini Q-BAM world map by DinoSpain on DeviantArt

The Footprint of Mussolini Divided Germany 1960 by Samuel von Strasburg on DeviantArt

The Next-Gen WorldA islands update were made by @iori, I also planned to add some fixes by @Library of Alexandria but I forgot to, I am also too incompetent to know how to properly add Iori's pacific islands coastline revamps, so the ones you see here are the default ones.

Insurgencies, isolated tribes, etc. - Constantly-updated OTL Q-BAM map with all conflicts, insurgencies, de-facto militia control, and isolated tribes, by YeastCartography on DeviantArt

Coloseum, Rome skyline

Fiat Tagliero Building by Giuseppe Pettazzi (1938) in Asmara, Eritrea

Tripoli, Libya skyline from Getty Images
Italian arch of triumph in Mogadishu, Somalia

Jerusalem Skyline #3 by Jonathan Gewirtz

Tel Aviv, Israel skyline

Amman, Jordan skyline

Arish, Sinai skyline

Eagle battle flag of the Italian Social Republic (this may look anachronistic since the RSI never existed in TTL, and I have not heard of this specific eagle symbol be used before 1943, but it is still a cool-looking eagle to represent this TL)

These dope ass shoes used by Mussolini the Fash Eagle where he laid his footprint all over the world are the Chuck Taylor All-Stars Converse shoes (a friend of mine said that this eagle makes this timeline sound like The Drip of Mussolini)

SPQR Roman Eagle standard

Aeroritratto di Mussolini Aviatore, Alfredo Ambrosi, 1930

Unknown Futurist painting of Benito Mussolini, artist unknown, presumably Guglielmo "Tato" Sansoni

Storia Degli Ebrei Italiani Sotto il Fascismo – Renzo De Felice (1988) / La Difesa Della Razza (Italian racial laws, I am using the part of this art featuring the Star of David, but not what is written above it, to ironically to represent Jews in a positive manner, since the Italian racial laws were never passed ITTL)

Artwork by Palestinian artist Basel al-Maqosui, overlayed with Pablo Picasso
Important disclamer: I made the map of Italian East Africa bain

I do not remember where I found the final (amazing) art of the nuclear explosion interlaced with a tree on the bottom right, if anyone knows it, please send it to me so that I can credit the original artist.

Last edited:
As promised in the Bush vs. the Axis of Evil thread, this is the "ultimate" WorldA of world of The Footprint of Mussolini as of 2024, I co-created this map together with @Dementor999, this map would not have been made without his help!

This includes some features that have never been featured on another FOM maps, such as the Christian insurgencies in Nigeria and Indonesia, and specifically important, Tibet having the same borders of OTL, when all maps of this timeline showcase a "Greater Tibet" which includes all of the ethnic Tibetan-inhabited areas in China, when I do not recall such a border ever being mentioned in this TL, so me and Dementor999 decided to make Tibet having the same borders as they do as of 1949 OTL, and also til this day as the Xizang Autonomous Region of the OTL PRC.

Furthermore, I made the administrative subdivisions of East Turkestan myself, basing them after the areas de-facto controlled by the First and Second East Turkestan Republics, since I was unable to find any map showing pre-PRC subdivisions of the region, the closest that I could stumble upon was the Kumul Khanate and Yettishar/Kashgaria, so its subdivisions are an amalgamation of the 2nd and 3rd ET Republic, the Kumul Khanate, and Yettishar/Kashgaria.

0nh5XzN.png

kIDAe9R.png
Here are the final world maps I made for Bush vs. the Axis of Evil and The Death of Russia, as a final goodbye letter to the Sorairoverse.
Once again, big credit goes to @Dementor999, he corrected almost all of the mistakes and made me aware of changes in the world map.

The subdivisions of Italian East Africa are modeled after this map by @MusuMankata

The Next-Gen WorldA islands update were made by @iori

Insurgencies, isolated tribes, etc. - Constantly-updated OTL Q-BAM map with all conflicts, insurgencies, de-facto militia control, and isolated tribes, by YeastCartography on DeviantArt

Coloseum, Rome skyline

Tel Aviv, Israel skyline

Arish, Sinai skyline

Eagle battle flag of the Italian Social Republic (this may look anachronistic since the RSI never existed in TTL, and I have not heard of this specific eagle symbol be used before 1943, but it is still a cool-looking eagle to represent this TL)

These dope ass shoes used by Mussolini the Fash Eagle where he laid his footprint all over the world are the Chuck Taylor All-Stars Converse shoes (a friend of mine said that this eagle makes this timeline sound like The Drip of Mussolini)

Unknown Futurist painting of Benito Mussolini, artist unknown, presumably Guglielmo "Tato" Sansoni

Storia Degli Ebrei Italiani Sotto il Fascismo – Renzo De Felice (1988) / La Difesa Della Razza (Italian racial laws, I am using the part of this art featuring the Star of David, but not what is written above it, to ironically to represent Jews in a positive manner, since the Italian racial laws were never passed ITTL)

I do not remember where I found the final (amazing) art of the nuclear explosion interlaced with a tree on the bottom right, if anyone knows it, please send it to me so that I can credit the original artist.

Eja, eja, alala!

0nh5XzN.png

kIDAe9R.png

The Next-Gen WorldA islands update were made by @iori

Coloseum, Rome skyline

Jerusalem Skyline #3 by Jonathan Gewirtz

Tel Aviv, Israel skyline

Amman, Jordan skyline

Arish, Sinai skyline

Looks good but German states are bit odd speciality on the East. I would imaginate them being same as in OTL and Silesia should be one state. Not sense that it is divided that many states. And since Apartheid system survives South Africa probably keeps its pre-1994 internal borders.

Looks good but German states are bit odd speciality on the East. I would imaginate them being same as in OTL and Silesia should be one state. Not sense that it is divided that many states.
DAMN, I forgot to credit the original creator of the Germany that featured such states, however it was the divided Germany as of 1960, I based this map off of it - https://www.deviantart.com/samuel-v...t-of-Mussolini-Divided-Germany-1960-860791649
And since Apartheid system survives South Africa probably keeps its pre-1994 internal borders.
I once again mess up the basics, around 2021-2022 I was working on nothing but Apartheid-era 8K-BAM maps, yet for some reason I forgot to put them in here, thanks a lot, will update it.

Edit: Map updated and original artist credited, I also revamped the Bantustans.

Last edited: