The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Thats one way to call competent italians

Yeah, but I labeled it as such because of TTL!Fascists' "civilizational" supremacism. Roman Alliance's geopolitical posturing sounded akin to Nazi boast of "Aryans", cause it's not that hard to parody them as much as Communists and the rest of FoM antagonists.

The leader of Black Alert's Italy would be Balbo the Italian Cherdenko, who has proven (in the timeline) to be more sociopathic than Mussolini.

Yeah, but I labeled it as such because of TTL!Fascists' "civilizational" supremacism. Roman Alliance's geopolitical posturing sounded akin to Nazi boast of "Aryans", cause it's not that hard to parody them as much as Communists and the rest of FoM antagonists.

Would ITTL historians in the modern day view Mussolini as a slightly less batshit version of Hitler (OTL, this was kind of the case) who was smart enough not to let his obsession with strength start wars with America?

Would ITTL historians in the modern day view Mussolini as a slightly less batshit version of Hitler (OTL, this was kind of the case) who was smart enough not to let his obsession with strength start wars with America?

More like less batshit version of Stalin. For less batshit version of Hitler,that label would be dedicated for Balbo because of his greater sociopathy.

At the same time, historians from anti-Fascist countries in FoM would view Fascist Italy as no different than Nazi Germany and Soviet Union, but would imply that the first one used different approaches and methods.

More like less batshit version of Stalin. For less batshit version of Hitler,that label would be dedicated for Balbo because of his greater sociopathy.

At the same time, historians from anti-Fascist countries in FoM would view Fascist Italy as no different than Nazi Germany and Soviet Union, but would imply that the first one used different approaches and methods.

Or would his more brutal actions be compared to Rome's own atrocities in places like Carthage?

Scipio: I sacked Carthage.

Mussolini: Adorable...

More than that. Mussolini explicitly regarded Operation Samson and the vanquishment of the UAR/Syria as "Rome's second victory over Carthage".
Considering that much of the fascist rhetoric was based on recovering the glorious past, this is even to be expected. Mussolini probably would have been surprised if anyone had bothered to inform him that Carthage was a Phoenician colony (i.e. they originally came from the region he just nuked).

Considering that much of the fascist rhetoric was based on recovering the glorious past, this is even to be expected. Mussolini probably would have been surprised if anyone had bothered to inform him that Carthage was a Phoenician colony (i.e. they originally came from the region he just nuked).

Cognitive dissonance moment.

Sorairo could've found a better term for integrated Libyan Arabs like "Garamantians" instead of "Phoenicians" ->https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garamantes. Although, Phoenicians and Carthaginians have the exact connotation as Israelis and Arabs.

Does the Republic of China still retains the same territorial claims that they do IOTL (i.e. Tuva, East Turkestan, Tibet, most of India, Myanmar, the South China Sea, the villages on the border with Russia, etc.), or since consolidating their control of "China Proper" and Mongolia, they renounced their territorial claims?

Does the Republic of China still retains the same territorial claims that they do IOTL (i.e. Tuva, East Turkestan, Tibet, most of India, Myanmar, the South China Sea, the villages on the border with Russia, etc.), or since consolidating their control of "China Proper" and Mongolia, they renounced their territorial claims?
I think you mixed here the "constitutional claims" (territories technically claimed as China in the old-and-unable-to-modify ROC constitution) with others that seems as being just American propaganda (Ie, when in the hell is OTL China -whatever of both- claiming Myanmar or "most of India")?

Plus Taiwan and Mongolia most likely just have an agreement of "since neither of us want the huge political shitstorm that would ensue right now, we'll agree not to mention this, okay?" About the whole "technically Taiwan claims Mongolia belongs to them" thing.

I think you mixed here the "constitutional claims" (territories technically claimed as China in the old-and-unable-to-modify ROC constitution) with others that seems as being just American propaganda (Ie, when in the hell is OTL China -whatever of both- claiming Myanmar or "most of India")?
Plus Taiwan and Mongolia most likely just have an agreement of "since neither of us want the huge political shitstorm that would ensue right now, we'll agree not to mention this, okay?" About the whole "technically Taiwan claims Mongolia belongs to them" thing.
No, I just meant the constitution claims of OTL Republic of China, since ITTL though they got back the control of most of mainland China, they still do not have control over all of their claimed territories.

Tl;DR: I just wanna know if the ROC still claims Tuva, East Turkestan, and Tibet, that is it.

Last edited:
No, I just meant the constitution claims of OTL Republic of China, since ITTL though they got back the control of most of mainland China, they still do not have control over all of their claimed territories.
Right but according to the map of OTL, the Chinese constitution has no claims against "most of India" nor "Myanmar" (even if is true thst they claim some pieces of territory).

iu

So, unless the 1912 Constitution has been amended in some way and I have missed it, I don't understand the basis for the claim that China wants to keep all of Myanmar and most of India.

Right but according to the map of OTL, the Chinese constitution has no claims against "most of India" nor "Myanmar" (even if is true thst they claim some pieces of territory).

So, unless the 1912 Constitution has been amended in some way and I have missed it, I don't understand the basis for the claim that China wants to keep all of Myanmar and most of India.
I never said that the ROC ever wanted all of Myanmar, just the northern part of it, I want to know if even in TTL, the Republic of China still has the same territorial claims that this map shows, even if they solely exist on paper and no one cares about reclaiming these territories anymore.

I contend that Syria is the other forgotten pariah entity and Syrians are the only society that hates the entire world and everybody around them (and by "everybody" I mean everybody).

Due to generational radicalization among FoM Syrians since the end of 2AW,they worship Aflaq as "Messiah" who brought golden age to Syria until "Earthly Forces" ruined it, given that they lost everything what once defined Syrian Nationalism and pride (Multicultural nature, Latakia, Damascus, Aleppo and Deir ez-Zor). As they consequently view themselves as "True Arabs" while the rest are "False Arabs" because they abhor Aflaq as opposed to revering him, I deeply, deeply doubt Arab States would support "The Syrian Cause" since it's so tied to the UAR that they'd view Syria as the one who dragged the former Arab World into chaos and misery over lost coastline rather than expelled non-Bedouin Muslim Jordanians,especially Iraqis and Omanis who despise it for being tarred by the same brush and got punished with Ciano Plan. Arabs and Ex-Arabs want nothing to do with Syrians and it's likely that their view of them is equal to FoM Black African view on Zulus.

Ultimately, TTL Syrian "identity" is made of Aflaq, Ba'athism, Extremism, Anarchy, Conspiracism, universal hatred and insanity.

Last edited: