The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

I never said that the ROC ever wanted all of Myanmar, just the northern part of it, I want to know if even in TTL, the Republic of China still has the same territorial claims that this map shows, even if they solely exist on paper and no one cares about reclaiming these territories anymore.

Chinese nationalist logic: Anywhere an emperor pissed has been part of China for 100,000 years.

Or.

Chinese Emperor: Takes a dump somewhere.
Chinese dictator: Hippity hoppity, it has always been my property.

I contend that Syria is the other forgotten pariah entity and Syrians are the only society that hates the entire world and everybody around them (and by "everybody" I mean everybody).

Due to generational radicalization among FoM Syrians since the end of 2AW,they worship Aflaq as "Messiah" who brought golden age to Syria until "Earthly Forces" ruined it, given that they lost everything what once defined Syrian Nationalism and pride (Multicultural nature, Latakia, Damascus, Aleppo and Deir ez-Zor). As they consequently view themselves as "True Arabs" while the rest are "False Arabs" because they abhor Aflaq as opposed to revering him, I deeply, deeply doubt Arab States would support "The Syrian Cause" since it's so tied to the UAR that they'd view Syria as the one who dragged the former Arab World into chaos and misery over lost coastline rather than expelled non-Bedouin Muslim Jordanians,especially Iraqis and Omanis who despise it for being tarred by the same brush and got punished with Ciano Plan. Arabs and Ex-Arabs want nothing to do with Syrians and it's likely that their view of them is equal to FoM Black African view on Zulus.

Ultimately, TTL Syrian "identity" is made of Aflaq, Ba'athism, Extremism, Anarchy, Conspiracism, universal hatred and insanity.

I wouldn't be surprised if there would be massive anti-Turkish revolt and lot of terrorist groups through 2020's. There has been already lot of local mutinies but on some day there is going to be nationwide revolt. And that would become really ugly event.

I wouldn't be surprised if there would be massive anti-Turkish revolt and lot of terrorist groups through 2020's. There has been already lot of local mutinies but on some day there is going to be nationwide revolt. And that would become really ugly event.
Also in the previous WorldA 2020 map, Syria is marked as a Turkish puppet, so should I put Syria as a Turkish puppet or under Turkish influence on an updated FPOM map that I am working on, or no?

I apologize for my very long reply in advance.

Turkey is bound to descent into civil war between Kemalists, Islamists, Junta Loyalists and Grey Wolves (Radical Turkish Fascists) considering that Turkey is the sole survivng Fascist dictatorship which hasn't restored civilian rule since 1942. As for the hazardous containment zone that is FoM!Syria, it's been mentioned few times that Turkey blitzes Syria as soon as Syrians rebel against their abhorred "monarchy" and that there's been general chaos even before 21st century.

However, Syrians won't stop after liberating themselves from Turkey upon destroying it and reclaiming their lost lands. They acknowledge that most of the World didn't lift a finger for their aid and that the desolate infrastructure and 'living' standards remains the same because of this. As Sorairo stated:

Syria is horrendously lawless as there is no interest in rebuilding it by any one side.

FoM!Syrians may be lost-cause insane schizos, but they don't have short-term memories. Do you think they'll let the above fact slide? The fact that the post-Samson devastation of Syria hasn't been rebuilt since 1956 would cause massive psychological damage to their psyche,knowing that the apocalyptic environment stayed the same, and the Ciano Plan ensured that Syria isn't allowed to develop anything or heal itself. As if pre-2AW Nakba rage wasn't enough, three consecutive generations were poisoned and per each cursed generation, younger generations would get even worse than previous ones (think how Palestinians in Gaza were radicalized since 2005 but far, FAR worse. One hundred-fold worse). Syrians have been radicalized beyond the point of no return that it's futile to deradicalize them and restore their sanity,and they looked to no other solace but Aflaq.

They don't want "better treatment" anymore, they want the complete destruction of the planet.

Also in the previous WorldA 2020 map, Syria is marked as a Turkish puppet, so should I put Syria as a Turkish puppet or under Turkish influence on an updated FPOM map that I am working on, or no?

While it's technically occupied by Turkey, I have a theoretical headcanon that Syria is ruled by the unrecognized "Council of Six" (located in the ruins of Deir ez-Zor) representing six major extremist factions of six different ideologies controling six portions of Syria with six warlords per each,whereas Faisal dynasty is the figure that represents "Turkish Occupation Government" and are probably somewhere in Turkey because all Syrians hate their guts. 5 are ideological and 1 is non-ideological,which are: Salafists (westernmost Syria with Hama as their capital while Homs is left a ghost town due to being too close to Turkish border. Why? Because they still regard Damascus as their real capital and not what the Treaty of Budapest selected for them), Ex-SSNP pagan "Palmyrans" (Palmyra/Tadmor), Satanists (Raqqa. They exist because many Syrians among some Arabs were so disilisiomed with the post-2AW state of Islam that they've turned to Iblis over Allah who has "turned against us" during Operation Samson (Sorairo implied that in one of his comments) and cause the latter "speaks Turkish"), Ba'athists (northwest Syria, aka former northeast Iraq, and Al-Hasakah. Their capital is Tal Afar), Nazis (Tikrit. They occupy southeast Syria in-between central Euphrates and Tigris) and Mayadin Cartel (Deir ez-Zor plus south Syrian border. Unlike the hostile five, these drug cartels are the most pragmatic of the six and "voice of reason" who know which rethoric are they picking when talking to Jews and Israeli NGOs. They are responcible for providing an alternative form of non-industrial economy based on drugs and are also trading within Black Market so as to give Syrians proper goods to their hellish life, albeit with 90% of that wealth controlled by the Council of Six while 10% are handed to the people)

If not, then just recolor it into black-ish color to represent anarchy. TTL Syria has decayed for far too long. It needs to dissapear so that it can be put out of its frustrating misery.

Last edited:
And the only "sane" Syrians left are those living outside Syria itself.

Possibly they would calm down or be seen as "normal" by about 2100 or 2150 or so?

Last edited:
Since Sorairo will be going off in April, I would like to make him, and every fan of this TL aware that Sifangwuhai, a very obscure animated history YouTuber made a cartoon recap video series of The Footprint of Mussolini on his channel up to until the Battle of Trieste!, he deserves more support and views!

Here is the complete playlist of this series with 10 videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxWbdwr7cGxiQnBlScoPcuRBuvmOQF15K

I feel kinda sad about how so many fantastic stories on this forum remain a thing secluded to within itself and other alternate history forums, even when they get published on paper, looking up "The Footprint of Mussolini" online only brings up this thread, other threads on this forum, TVTropes, and some few DeviantArt maps with very little engagement outside of this forum, I recall stumbling upon only a single reddit post about this timeline.

I know that alternate history is a niche subculture and literary genre, even Harry Turtledove, despite his popularity and prominence, having been a writer for decades, is still a quite obscure figure, with only this forum and DeviantArt talking about his very big and complex worldbuilding works in-depth as far as I know, but stuff like Kaiserreich and TNO have a much bigger internet presence for example.

Sure, alternate history is a niche history genre that attracts a niche audience, but some alternate history timelines go way above that, being similar to the techno-thriller and political drama genres that do have a big appeal in media, but well, Kaiserreich and TNO are video game mods instead of stories, so I dunno if it is fair to compare a game that you directly interact with and choose your own plot and worldbuilding, instead of a written story written by a specific author.

Last edited:
And the only "sane" Syrians left are those living outside Syria itself.

Possibly they would calm down or be seen as "normal" by about 2100 or 2150 or so?

"Sane Syrians" of FoM are Syrian Christians who were expelled to Lebanon, Alawites and Syrians Muslims who were lucky to live in their newfound territory or those that've fled to Kurdistan, Druzes and those who died from Operation Samson. And no, not even Syrians of abroad are sane. These mfs make the rest of Diaspora Arabs blush in shame for them causing so much trouble that they were eventually deported back to Syria.

By 2100, either "Syrian Territories" are partitioned between Turkey, Alawitia, Assyria and Kurdistan, turned into a giant lake, or the FoM World has had died from Syrians' apocalyptic attacks against every country on Earth (including Israel) with launched underground antrax missiles at October 31st 2056 (100th anniversary of Aflaq's death). Cause at this point, the term "Syrian" in FoM is a severe mental disorder than nationality.

The distinction between "Accursed Ones" and non-Syrian Arabs in FoM is that one worships Aflaq and regard him as their God, Messenger, Führer, Messiah, Prophet, Hero, "Daddy", etc... while the latter regard him as polar opposite and that the former should disappear already.

Similarly,the difference between non-Zulu Eastern Bantustan and Syria is that the former is tortured mangled puppy whereas the latter is damaged frothing rottweiler that took bullets without dying.

Since Sorairo will be going off in April, I would like to make him, and every fan of this TL aware that Sifangwuhai, a very obscure animated history YouTuber made a cartoon recap video series of The Footprint of Mussolini on his channel up to until the Battle of Trieste!, he deserves more support and views!

Here is the complete playlist of this series with 10 videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxWbdwr7cGxiQnBlScoPcuRBuvmOQF15K

I feel kinda sad about how so many fantastic stories on this forum remain a thing secluded to within itself and other alternate history forums, even when they get published on paper, looking up "The Footprint of Mussolini" online only brings up this thread, other threads on this forum, TVTropes, and some few DeviantArt maps with very little engagement outside of this forum, I recall stumbling upon only a single reddit post about this timeline.

I know that alternate history is a niche subculture and literary genre, even Harry Turtledove, despite his popularity and prominence, having been a writer for decades, is still a quite obscure figure, with only this forum and DeviantArt talking about his very big and complex worldbuilding works in-depth as far as I know, but stuff like Kaiserreich and TNO have a much bigger internet presence for example.

Sure, alternate history is a niche history genre that attracts a niche audience, but some alternate history timelines go way above that, being similar to the techno-thriller and political drama genres that do have a big appeal in media, but well, Kaiserreich and TNO are video game mods instead of stories, so I dunno if it is fair to compare a game that you directly interact with and choose your own plot and worldbuilding, instead of a written story written by a specific author.

Sorairo has had put enormous effort to turn an alternative history into HoI4 mod-esque thriller without ever becoming a mod on its own. However, Kaiserreich and TNO do have huge storyline tied to gameplay, as are all popular HoI4 mods.

Sifangwuhai deserves to be credited for being the first Youtuber to bring attention of FoM to YouTube.

Last edited:

The good news is this: thanks to AI making video production easier, the ability for individuals to make their own alternate history scenario with broader reach will become much easier within the next decade or so.

Sorairo has had put enormous effort to turn an alternative history into HoI4 mod-esque thriller without ever becoming a mod on its own. However, Kaiserreich and TNO do have huge storyline tied to gameplay, as are all popular HoI4 mods.

Sifangwuhai deserves to be credited for being the first Youtuber to bring attention of FoM to YouTube.

Hopefully AI will make producing such things much easier.

The good news is this: thanks to AI making video production easier, the ability for individuals to make their own alternate history scenario with broader reach will become much easier within the next decade or so.

Hopefully AI will make producing such things much easier.

Indeed. Making movies or live-action clips for alternative histories would be real.