But meanwhile, while on paper France and Britain appear to be shorn of "la Glorie" of their respective flags waving over such large percentages of former empire--in fact neither Britain nor France has degenerated into a third rate nation OTL. Both have remained major global powers to be reckoned with, and if we impolitely turn our eyes to the more covert manipulations of former colonized regimes, it is apparent both have a quasi-imperial sphere to this day, pretty openly visible in France's case. Just as slavery if highly rational in one phase of development ceases to be so and nominally "free" labor fettered by historic and persistent institutional disadvantage becomes plainly more profitable, so too is neoliberal informal rule in favor of certain norms a quite sound foundation of ongoing national advantage to great profit, in a world of nominally free nations.

There is then no necessary price to pay of eclipse upon withdrawal from formal colonial possession. Of course if I read up on how France's ATL dilemma stands in detail, I might find specific circumstances taking indirect rule for profit maximization off the table for special reasons. As a general proposition though it is a false dilemma; OTL the enriched nations of Europe and their settler colonies including the USA have dealt themselves in at the high roller table where they remain for systematic reasons.
I agree with all of your points -- they are indeed very informative, and I have indeed learned a lot just from reading them-- but I would just like to add the following point: Europe has indeed significantly declined from it's position a century ago. Back then, before the World Wars, Europe was the single undisputed economic and political global pole from which all other continents were defined and effectively governed, and perhaps only the United States and Japan truly remained independent as non-European powers. Now, this is no longer the case, as North America and East Asia have become influential economic centres in their own right, and thus siphoned away part of Europe's former influence and power. Which, of course, is in part result to the World Wars, but also to China's economic development. One can only hope that Africa and the rest of Asia will follow suit.

Taking into account natural demographics, indeed, it only paints a future of relative geopolitical decline[1]. In 1913, on the eve of the First World War, Africa's population was 125 million compared to Europe's 498 million. Today? Europe's 748 million is dwarfed by Africa's 1,364 million people. But then, simple populations do not determine everything, and indeed Europe is in the superior position in it's relationship with Africa, as evidenced by a simple look at their compared nominal GDP -- but will it last forever? Certainly not. In 2100, for example, a UN estimate predicts that Africa's population will be 4.3 billion compared to Europe's 630 million.

Europe and America have indeed maintained themselves at the world table, but year by year they are slowly conceding more and more power to the Global South, and there will eventually come a time when the West's collective voice will only be one heard among many.

That is not to say neocolonialism will simply end with the (relative) decline of Europe; indeed, French and British corporations in Africa will simply be slowly replaced, if not completely, by Chinese and Indian ones. Of course, it is not all doom and gloom, for the world has generally progressed both socially and economically. Especially in the Global South, living standards, literacy rates, life expectancies, they are all rising, if still hampered by nepotism/corruption, tribalism, geography and neocolonialism.

Indeed, as someone from a developing third-world country myself, the Philippines, my older relatives only tell me about how much things have gotten better, how I've had it so easy with technology, how they didn't have toilets, no widespead air-conditioning back then... Of course, widespread and pervasive extreme poverty remains, we are still a corrupt third world country governed in a feudal arrangement by entrenched and rich family oligarchs, but we have made some progress.

[1] Of course, Europe will very likely remain the world's richest continent with the highest living standards, only perhaps East Asia could catch up per capita wise, and that assumes nothing goes bad for China in the following decades.

Franco-American War
1617295749613.png

franco_am_war_by_perez_reverte_degyo41-fullview.jpg

Greece has a differen flag I see? Is their identity more Byzantine based?
From the mid 60s to the mid 70s, TTL's Greece was under a regime analogue to OTL's Colonels', but even more extremist. It is one of the few that could be describe as outright fascist by our standards (TTL's more prevalent old reactionary order makes revolutionary far right less common). it is complex, but such Nea Ellas identity is forged from a fusion of distorted views of Greek Antiquity and Byzantine era; needless to say, it was a brutal period with genocide-ethnic cleansing of Muslim Greeks and Orthodoxy was primed, including using the Orthodox Church flag as the state's. The old monarchical government survived in a rump state on Crete supported by the Brits and the Ottomans.

Alos poor poland :(
So far from God, so near the German Empire...

Jesus now I want one of these for all the graphic TLs
Gods above that’s beautiful!
Thanks lads, any questions I'm more than glad to dwelve into.

Spain's flag looks familiar... Let me guess: A military dictatorship?
Nope, the Spanish Republic uses a flag identical to OTl's flag of the coupist side of the Civil War between 13 September 1936 and 2 February 1938, that is, a plain red-2x yellow-red triband with the Second Republic's shield on the center. The Republic has traversed periods of more authoritarian rule or even dictablanda, but not really open dictatorship at any stage.

What led to them creating a new constitution in 1997? Was it an attempt to strengthen the Boer regime? I see on the democracy index that the Orange Free State is slighter better off than Transvaal, but is it still pretty similar? Also, are any other contemporary regimes considered "Totalitarian"?
Nice work though! I am glad your timeline is willing to address the problems that arise in a world that hasn't given up colonialism.