That map is absolutely incredible. It must've taken a long time to make.
Thanks! I've put my fair share of time into it, but without the couple dozens of QBAM basemaps I've used (language, religion, ethnicity, population density...) it would not have been possible (or the result woud've been much less polished).

Does the spread of "immigrant" population among european countries indicate more a larger immigration or more regional segregation (whether forced or spontaneous) of immigrant populations?

Interesting to see Rusyns considered as Galicians
These baltics... I've seen enough maps of IRL spread of russians to know germans probably are as numerous there if not more.
The inclusion of circassians as a separate groups is interesting.

Ukraine seems fascinating ITTL, would love to see more detail, although we've already seen a bit of it. Also wondering how russia deals with so many caucasians and central asians.

I'd have expected more immigrant groups in Britain and Portugal, interesting.

Does the spread of "immigrant" population among european countries indicate more a larger immigration or more regional segregation (whether forced or spontaneous) of immigrant populations?
A mix of both, higher overall level of migration especially in those countries with extrametropolitan territories where former colonial populations can more easily relocate to the mainland (compared to formal independence and need to immigrate in OTL) and less emphasis on assimilating those people into the main ethnicity.

Interesting to see Rusyns considered as Galicians
The Galician consciousness is more developed due to prolonged Habsburg rule (with their support of Ruthenianness to set them apart from Ukrainians) and natural differences between them and mainstream Dnieper Ukrainians (Greek Catholicism, Latin-script language [yep] ...) Galicianism ranges from "Galician is a way to be Ukrainian, and we must be the vanguard that leads the country!" to "Galicia is a nation opressed by Kiev and we must strive for her independence!"

These baltics... I've seen enough maps of IRL spread of russians to know germans probably are as numerous there if not more.
Germans are something between 15-25%, with a further 10-20% being Yiddish-speaking Askhenazi Jews.

The inclusion of circassians as a separate groups is interesting.
They have disproportionate political-military influence in the Ottoman Empire despite what their numbers suggest.

Ukraine seems fascinating ITTL, would love to see more detail, although we've already seen a bit of it.
It's had a convoluted history, part of which we've seen glimpses, but as this map suggests the Galician Question is still a hot toppic on Ukrainian politics. And then add Germans, Jews, Russians, Romanians, Tatars and even Greeks into the mix.

Also wondering how russia deals with so many caucasians and central asians.
Mostly by the sheer pressure of more than 260 million Russians, which form pluralities if not majorities in most decent-sized cities.
I'd have expected more immigrant groups in Britain and Portugal, interesting.
In the UK they are from so varied ethnic groups that they don't form pixel-sized pluralities or by 2nd-3rd generation they have assimilated into a British identity (contentrated on the Southeast, industrial English cities and major Irish and Scotish cities), reflecting the "immigrational background".
Portugal has remained an emigrant source instead, with 1 in 4 Portuguese-born living abroad in either Brazil, Angola or Mozambique.

The Galician consciousness is more developed due to prolonged Habsburg rule (with their support of Ruthenianness to set them apart from Ukrainians) and natural differences between them and mainstream Dnieper Ukrainians (Greek Catholicism, Latin-script language [yep] ...) Galicianism ranges from "Galician is a way to be Ukrainian, and we must be the vanguard that leads the country!" to "Galicia is a nation opressed by Kiev and we must strive for her independence!"
As far as I remember, historically the leaders of the Rusyn movement were Russophiles (that is, they advocated the Union of Ukraine and Russia, and the acceptance of Ukrainians as a branch of the Russian people).

By 1920 they made up a quarter of the population, against 42.5 percent of Russians and 11 percent of Ukrainians.

As far as I remember, historically the leaders of the Rusyn movement were Russophiles (that is, they advocated the Union of Ukraine and Russia, and the acceptance of Ukrainians as a branch of the Russian people).
And part of the reason Galicians and Dnieperites have issues is that main Ukrainians tend to be pro-German and anti-Russian, while Galicians generally are Russophiles and Panslavist. In the past Galicians wanted union with other Ukrainians (and Eastern Slavs in general) but at the present many have grown weary of the Kievan regime, ironic as it is that TTL's modern Ukrainian mass politics and its authoritarian ethos were born in the battlefields of the Galician War and spearheaded by a Galician, Stepan Bandera, channeled by an originally Galician movement, that of his Radical Party.

Stepan Bandera, channeled by an originally Galician movement, that of his Radical Party.
Heh - I wonder how this time Russian propaganda is playing with it (the presence of objects of his memory in some regions of Ukraine irritates a number of political reactions, and is used by Russian propaganda to accuse him of having fascist sympathies).