It doesn't feel like a timeline that's lasted 2 years, it seems to feel fresh with every chapter as though it has only just started.

This has been one of the best damned timelines I've seen, and it has been interesting reading, up there in terms of WWII TLs with Sbiper's ATSRTW. Any ideas what you'll write once this is completely wrapped up?

Garrison

Donor
Can't wait to find out what happens to nuclear development ttl without use in anger.
Mayhaps the US will be less confident in their strategic superiority vis the Soviet Bloc?

I imagine that an alt EU would have Poland as one of its founding nations too
My best guess - they would be viewed as just very large bombs until such time as they aren't.
The Atomic bomb will be used, because of course as @David Flin says it is just a big bomb until it isn't and there will be postscript covering the when and where.

Garrison

Donor
This has been one of the best damned timelines I've seen, and it has been interesting reading, up there in terms of WWII TLs with Sbiper's ATSRTW. Any ideas what you'll write once this is completely wrapped up?
I have a sci-fi novel I am trying to break out the synopsis for and as far as TLs go I have some vague ideas, though some of them are definitely ASB material. :)

I have a sci-fi novel I am trying to break out the synopsis for and as far as TLs go I have some vague ideas, though some of them are definitely ASB material. :)
Ohhhh?

I tried to write a sci fi novel about 20 years ago

However about 1/3 way done I foolishly read the novella State of the Art by Iain ‘M’ Banks and then deleted the lot.

Someone decides that Operation Unthinkable (or the Soviet equivalent) is a good idea?
Probably not under Stalin

Stalin is cautious and don't want a war with Great Powers if possible (he only preys on weak / isolated countries). So he won't start a war with UK or USA. Even if he provokes them a bit too far, he'll realize his miscalculation and back down (Persia 46, Berlin 48)

Americans and Brits won't declare war on Soviet Union first either, as a democracy, it's very unlikely that their parliaments would give the okay to that

Post-Stalin, on the other hand...