Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The North American and British colonial borders remind me of Separated at Birth by EBR and the French colonial borders remind me of What Madness is this - nice showing a French mediterranean Empire.
Also minus Persia and plus Canton, the area shown seems to be 'maximum imperialism' that I assume is plausible in the19th century.

Russian Persia + Iraq would actually be more defensible than Canton.
I definitely took a lot of inspiration from those tls

View attachment 790907

Qajar borders way too good to be true.

I would like an explanation of what happened to China.

BUT LONG BOLIVIA YEAHHH!!!!!

Long Bolivia is a welcome sight on any day. You have my respect and gratitude good sir for Long Bolivia. Long Live Long Bolivia.
I was not expecting anybody to notice Boolivia so much but im glad you enjoyed hahaha. I know very little about Bolivian history so any suggestions for what state Bolivia would be in for this TL would be appreciated.
Im thinking due to british anxiety about russian influence in Asia and France being close with Iran we see a rare case of France and the UK being united to screw the Russians.

China is gonna be interesting! its not just your typical china screw. After the ITTL version of the Opium wars a super anti drug anti alcohol cult arises in western China from a Han man claiming to be the reincarnation of Muhammad and Confuscious. The cult spreads like fire across china and after a grueling war fighting Against the Qing, the UK and The Russians the New pseduo Islamic cult (that has very little to do with Islam) is able to take over the core parts of China however Russia and the Uk take whatever territory as consolation. Im thinking in the future we are gonna see a pretty insane china trying to do their version of a co prosperity sphere upon their industrialization. Im thinking China will end up reconquering a LOT of territory and maybe even going beyond the Qing borders in their quest to cleanse the earth

Not much lore for this map. The Turkic tribes migrate to Europe around 1000 AD, probably because of a powerful expansionary force in Central Asia.
dfijrsl-78cfccad-5721-4ce3-9184-6112f00b088a.png

This will probably only be relevant and make any sense to New Zealanders...

The Battle for West Auckland (part of the larger Battle for Auckland) occured in 2022 as part of the Red Invasion of New Zealand (I've kept country ambiguous, like "Tomorrow when the war began" book series). The aims of the Red forces approaching from the north was to cut off the Green Bay corridor linking the rest of Auckland to the NZ holdouts in the Waitakere Ranges on the West. The intense resistance put up by kiwi troops, as well as their ability to turn any open ground into a killing field led them to stall the Red advance for much longer than any observer would have guessed, and this early segment of the war was the first sign that the Red forces would not sweep so easily through the country as they were expecting.

The unexpected New Zealand defensive spirit, coupled with their exploitation of the streams and estuaries as natural obstacles to any machinery and ground troops, quickly earned them a reputation for extremely strong warriors. As a veteran of the Battle of West Auckland would recall after the war "The Reds lost a guy for every bedroom they took from us in West Auckland".

7RDQLhx.png

Another of my atlas maps:

S4hcM2A.jpg

South America in Giant Canada World, with continental vexillology. The biggest driver of change isn't actually massive border fluctuations, though butterflies in the formative 1800s result in differences, with Paraguay most liable to come out on the losing end of things on balance. What really helps here is a United States that's not in a position to treat South America as its backyard. The continent's hardly left alone, and instability still exists, but some areas prosper - notably Argentina realizing more of its potential and Guyana grabbing oil sooner.

Argentina is undoubtedly the best place to live here, but Chile's also pretty fantastic.

Since it comes up in a couple of entries: Populism in this universe is a term used for far-right revolutionary movements akin to fascism, with an undercurrent of common people overthrowing the elites and installing authoritarian governments that supposedly "empower the commonman." Hastatism is a branchoff of populism pioneered by a group of writers called the Society of the Hastati, who promoted the idea of revolutionary citizen armies toppling democrats, elites, intellectuals and liberals and installing autocracies. You can guess where these ideologies led.

Ed.: Fixed the capital of Brazil and added the legend.

Last edited:
TWTWB heavily implied that Indonesia was the nation invading.
Not really - if anything it implied that it was a coalition effort of various overpopulated Asian nations.
This will probably only be relevant and make any sense to New Zealanders...
Kind of, in a geographical sense (but even then, barely - I've never been to West Auckland but I'm sure the gangs have guns-a-plenty if they don't all turn cloak), but I can't imagine why any nation would see value in invading NZ.

Another of my atlas maps:

S4hcM2A.jpg

South America in Giant Canada World, with continental vexillology. The biggest driver of change isn't actually massive border fluctuations, though butterflies in the formative 1800s result in differences, with Paraguay most liable to come out on the losing end of things on balance. What really helps here is a United States that's not in a position to treat South America as its backyard. The continent's hardly left alone, and instability still exists, but some areas prosper - notably Argentina realizing more of its potential and Guyana grabbing oil sooner.

Argentina is undoubtedly the best place to live here, but Chile's also pretty fantastic.

Since it comes up in a couple of entries: Populism in this universe is a term used for far-right revolutionary movements akin to fascism, with an undercurrent of common people overthrowing the elites and installing authoritarian governments that supposedly "empower the commonman." Hastatism is a branchoff of populism pioneered by a group of writers called the Society of the Hastati, who promoted the idea of revolutionary citizen armies toppling democrats, elites, intellectuals and liberals and installing autocracies. You can guess where these ideologies led.

Ed.: Fixed the capital of Brazil and added the legend.
1) digging the alternate Peruvian Amazon border
2) Paraguay no!
3) Uruguay:
tumblr_p829zxCaWR1rsmn3yo1_500.jpg

Great map, @Bob Hope . Just reposting with appended questions (soory about the use of bandwith, but it saves time not having to write "and what about that orangey sort of bit on the nose of Brazil? What's that?)

BobHopeWorldRajAlliesNotes.PNG

Last edited:
WrRqTQV.png

The kingdom of Ireland and its (still active) colonies in 1964 (all in Africa), just before the decolonisation process.
Ireland never became a part of Great Britain or at any level anglicised. Also the great Irish potatoe famine did not occure at a scale compared to OTL.

There are also Irish-speaking (Irish-Gaelic of course) ex-colonies of Ireland on the American double-continent, which gained independence during the 19th century:

- Kibbek in North America includes the areas of OTL Quebec of 1867, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Islands, New Foundland, St. Pierre and Miquelon and Maine, as well as north of 44° North and east of 71°30' West of New Hampshire. Gained independence in 1803.

- Saint Patrick Islands in Central America includes the OTL French overseas departement of Guadeloupe and the OTL Commonwealth of Dominica. Gained independence in 1896.

- Patagonia in South America includes everything of South America south of 41°15' South, including the Falkland Islands. Gained independence in 1870.

In 1780, the Irish sold the island of St. John to the United Kingdom.

The Kingdom of Ireland was neutral in both world wars and stayed neutral during the cold war as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.