Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[50+ Likes] Sultanate of England, by Sārthākā
"Inshallah laddies! Wanna get knackered?"

57JEivw.png

When Pope Innocent III interdicted King John I of England and then subsequently excommunicated him from the Catholic Church in November 1209, Innocent III believed that like most Excommunicated Monarchs, John I would come back to the Church, either through crawling or by resolution with the Church. John I, however went into a semi-state of depression over the interdiction as pressure of the English Aristocracy and Merchant class over the Interdiction grew. In 1210, John I cracked, and sent an emissary...........not to the Pope however, but to the Almohad Caliphate, the Great Muslim Empire that ruled Maghreb and Al-Andalus from Isbilliya. There, John I's emissaries told the great Almohad Caliph Muhammad Al-Nasir that the King of England wished to convert to Islam (covertly at first), and that as one of the Caliphs of Islam, it was Al-Nasir's duty to send representatives of all the great sects of Islam to England, so that John could choose which sect to convert to in England. Al-Nasir however extracted promises first, and got English naval and military support against the Castilians and Leonese to the North. In return, Al-Nasir sent priests of all Islamic Sects - Almohadism, Fatimid Shiitism, Sunnism, Ismailism, Twelver Shiitism etc to London. There, in private, each representative made their case. John I chose Nizari Ismailism as his choice of conversion - mainly due to its many similarities with Christianity (With which John had been comfortable with - such as prohibition of polygamy, allowance of alcohol {to varying degrees depending on which school} etc). John I converted to Nizari Ismaili Shiitism, becoming the Islamic 'Sultan' of England, as the title was granted to him by Caliph Al-Nasir.

Europe reacted with horror. Innocent III died of heart attack when he heard the news. English lords reacted with horror and from 1211 - 1225, the English War of Religion waged simultaneously alongside the Anglo-French War of 1202-1212 and the English naval war against the Iberians. England lost against France, but won domestically, and the Christian rebellion was suppressed. Surprisingly, John I was mostly reconcillatory and despite his newfound zeal with Islam, he knew that ruling a Christian majority country through the sword was perhaps not a good idea. Despite his reconciling policies however, it was strongly encouraged to convert. By 1300 AD, the situation had changed. John I was long dead, but his descendants had taken up the Ismaili drive, and had expanded the realm, and Ismaili Islam was finally starting to grow out of the aristocracy into the general people after 9 decades of continuous encouragement. In 1300 AD, Pope Innocent V called a Grand Crusade Against the English Sultanate, with the French, Iberians, and Germans participating, in a call to save the Irish, Welsh and Scottish Kingdoms from Islamic Rule. The English Crusade was about to start.

Spoiler Alert: Whilst the English lost their holdings on mainland France - the Crusaders lost horribly during their invasion of England. Islamic England - much like most islamic places targeted by Crusades, had endured.

Thoughts and Comments?

"nuclear Gustav railguns,"
I see. I can figure out most of the symbols but what's the cross in South Africa accompanied by a declaration about race not mattering because God is the same supposed to symbolize?
puritanical Almohads
I'm not sure the Almohads would be pleased to be affiliated with a sect of Christians. (And come to that the Puritans might not be to ecstatic about association with the Almohads)

Deleted member 108228

I see. I can figure out most of the symbols but what's the cross in South Africa accompanied by a declaration about race not mattering because God is the same supposed to symbolize?

I'm not sure the Almohads would be pleased to be affiliated with a sect of Christians. (And come to that the Puritans might not be to ecstatic about association with the Almohads)

It's meant to be from the Drakan Reformed Church, stating that God is the same to all races.

Why not send only his sect?
Interesting premise, however it is deeply unlikely if not outright implausible that the puritanical Almohads would dispatch emissaries of other sects.
Al-Nasir was a little less rigid than his predecessors regarding Almohadism. Certainly some restrictions were lifted by him, so I went with it.
Hmmm, I wonder how the colonisation of the New World would look like with an Islamic England. I'm assuming they would somewhat try to ally with the Marinids or the Wattasids of Morroco ?
I have the Almohads survive in that timeline, so certainly a possibility.

1647011606811.png
1647011711755.png

Top map is with, bottom map is without borders. I have went through a lot to get this map out. Also attached is the MapChart Save, so you can use the mapchart with an already set up HOI4 map. Is anything incorrect (other than some colors)? Any issues, questions or comments? Just reply.

Attachments

• mapchartSave__hearts_of_iron_iv__HOI4_1936 (1).txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 227
"Inshallah laddies! Wanna get knackered?"

57JEivw.png

When Pope Innocent III interdicted King John I of England and then subsequently excommunicated him from the Catholic Church in November 1209, Innocent III believed that like most Excommunicated Monarchs, John I would come back to the Church, either through crawling or by resolution with the Church. John I, however went into a semi-state of depression over the interdiction as pressure of the English Aristocracy and Merchant class over the Interdiction grew. In 1210, John I cracked, and sent an emissary...........not to the Pope however, but to the Almohad Caliphate, the Great Muslim Empire that ruled Maghreb and Al-Andalus from Isbilliya. There, John I's emissaries told the great Almohad Caliph Muhammad Al-Nasir that the King of England wished to convert to Islam (covertly at first), and that as one of the Caliphs of Islam, it was Al-Nasir's duty to send representatives of all the great sects of Islam to England, so that John could choose which sect to convert to in England. Al-Nasir however extracted promises first, and got English naval and military support against the Castilians and Leonese to the North. In return, Al-Nasir sent priests of all Islamic Sects - Almohadism, Fatimid Shiitism, Sunnism, Ismailism, Twelver Shiitism etc to London. There, in private, each representative made their case. John I chose Nizari Ismailism as his choice of conversion - mainly due to its many similarities with Christianity (With which John had been comfortable with - such as prohibition of polygamy, allowance of alcohol {to varying degrees depending on which school} etc). John I converted to Nizari Ismaili Shiitism, becoming the Islamic 'Sultan' of England, as the title was granted to him by Caliph Al-Nasir.

Europe reacted with horror. Innocent III died of heart attack when he heard the news. English lords reacted with horror and from 1211 - 1225, the English War of Religion waged simultaneously alongside the Anglo-French War of 1202-1212 and the English naval war against the Iberians. England lost against France, but won domestically, and the Christian rebellion was suppressed. Surprisingly, John I was mostly reconcillatory and despite his newfound zeal with Islam, he knew that ruling a Christian majority country through the sword was perhaps not a good idea. Despite his reconciling policies however, it was strongly encouraged to convert. By 1300 AD, the situation had changed. John I was long dead, but his descendants had taken up the Ismaili drive, and had expanded the realm, and Ismaili Islam was finally starting to grow out of the aristocracy into the general people after 9 decades of continuous encouragement. In 1300 AD, Pope Innocent V called a Grand Crusade Against the English Sultanate, with the French, Iberians, and Germans participating, in a call to save the Irish, Welsh and Scottish Kingdoms from Islamic Rule. The English Crusade was about to start.

Spoiler Alert: Whilst the English lost their holdings on mainland France - the Crusaders lost horribly during their invasion of England. Islamic England - much like most islamic places targeted by Crusades, had endured.

Thoughts and Comments?
Almohads, the zealots they were wouldn’t have sent any ulema from other sunni sects let alone perceived heretic ones like Shiaism. And Ismailiyah were a minor group amongst Shia themselves and no presence in maghreb. Otherwise interesting but a bit too much left out on how John is gonna win against all odds, unless he massacre almost the entire nobility. I wonder who his allies were?

(Drakaness)

Nice map, although it strikes me as a bit unlikely that the Draka were able to conquer the middle East and the Caucuses but not Ethiopia or West Africa: it strikes me plausibility has been stretched for the sake of having some independent African countries to be heroic.

Top map is with, bottom map is without borders. I have went through a lot to get this map out. Also attached is the MapChart Save, so you can use the mapchart with an already set up HOI4 map. Is anything incorrect (other than some colors)? Any issues, questions or comments? Just reply.
Poland seems a bit big.

Deleted member 108228

I don't really care for Draka stuff but this looks fantastic. Some of the best Q-Bamming I've ever seen.

Glad to know I made an expert in QBAM mapping impressed!

Nice map, although it strikes me as a bit unlikely that the Draka were able to conquer the middle East and the Caucuses but not Ethiopia or West Africa: it strikes me plausibility has been stretched for the sake of having some independent African countries to be heroic.

It's more a stylistic choice than anything, since a giant, genocidal orange blob does not provide for any compelling story.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more a stylistic choice than anything, since a giant, genocidal orange blob does not provide for any compelling story.
Perhaps they simply "inherited" the Caucuses & Middle East after defeating a particularly cruel incarnation of the Late Ottoman Empire [1] with the help of local elites? As for the failure to conquer all of Africa, I honestly always found the conquest of 43.67 Texases (Texai? Texae? Texas'im? Texaie'ims?) with all the colonial powers refraining from any need to get a slice of the cake as it were to be fairly unrealistic, given that expansion in Egypt and the Congo was enough to trigger the Berlin Conference. So I assume that Senegal & Kamerun were colonized by other powers here.(The idea that the Draka could steamroll all of Africa and establish effective direct control over every square inch of its soil is also rather out of proportion to how the Scramble for Africa actually worked.) And it looks like there are two states with some American influence, which would explain that.

[1] presumably controlled by Enver Pasha with an eyepatch

Status
Not open for further replies.