Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Beach

Banned
Here's a rough go at the Ming

Micro Worlda blank - Copy.png

Louyan

Banned
India apparently is inside the big continental mass (Chindia? Wait, no, Indochina!). Chinese didn't realize it had a triangular shape; the only division is the river Ganges (and good luck finding it on the map...)
Ah, so could be that the island down and left of the central blob and very close to it is Sri Lanka?

Kind wondering why India is nonexsistent but Greece is in there XD
The Chinese had trade relations with Greeks and Romans for thousands of years, in one form or another. And it was either show the southern Barbarbarians who lived off in the West or the Pirate Dwarves to the east, so I am happy with them choosing to show the Europeans at all. Unless Japan is where I was thinking Luzon or Taiwan is on the map?

EDIT: Went to read the link on the map to see if there was Japan on it. Found it was made by Koreans. So yah, their hermit kingdom, if it was like that back then, would have less info off the lands far too the west, as well as those in Southeast Asia.

This is my first map, any comments would be appreciated
Oh fuck off, that's not fair. Your supposed map is supposed to look like shit, not art.

But seriously, amazing work. Saved to inspiration folder. <3 How are relations between the Antonine Empire and Khwarizm Empire? How are conditions in India for the average person? Is India still one of the richest areas in the world?

Also seriously I love this so much.

Asami

Banned
Iw2fPK8.png

My WIP for my map of Arminica and neighboring nations from an ISOT/ASB/whatever wikibox I made in the other thread.

I'm pretty sure I can spot Jèrrais, Geurnésiais and Sercquiais in there for example, which really should be considered dialects of Norman.
Norman itself not even being that of a distinct French dialect, when compared to Picard-Wallon continuum or Franco-Provencal. I'm honestly unable to get the logic behind this classification.

Are the Island dialects notably more different do you know?
Well, they tend to be different from continental Norman or from each other, because they were normalized differently and at different periods; but the main division of Normand is rather Normand proper (which gather the northern part of Normandy including isles), and southern Normand (which tends to be a transition zone with Francien*), than a continental/insular divide.
Frankly, the difference between various insular speeches and continental speeches seems to be mostly a matter of different normalisation and local variances (a bit like, IDK, Bearnès compared to Gascon compared to Occitan).

*Not unlike the Crescent in Limousin/Auvergne

Norman itself not even being that of a distinct French dialect, when compared to Picard-Wallon continuum or Franco-Provencal. I'm honestly unable to get the logic behind this classification.
I suspect much of the logic is historical. Old Norman not only had a stronger North Germanic influence but was quite far flung (a court language from Antioch to London)

Asami

Banned
raAoldg.png

Made some progress. It's coming along well, I think. I'll have to make a key for each color but that'll come at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.