Hail, Britannia

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
How do Egypt and Mashriq get along with the Levant? Badly like IOTL or more favorably than IOTL since about a third of the people are Muslims.

More favourable than OTL. I hate to keep comparing things to Switzerland - but the Levant really is the Switzerland of the Middle East ITTL. Jerusalem is a major centre for diplomacy and culture, as the Holy City to the three major religions. Then

I can also kinda understand why some don’t want a United Italy, shame though. It’s rare to find a timeline with a beefier Italy with more people and a bigger economy. Still, Savoy is my favorite European nation in your timeline.

True. But i was fascinated by the peninsula before the OTL conquest by the Savoys, so that was what i decided to go with :)

Though how is Poland doing? I’m guessing they have a lot more people than IOTL due to more land and no German genocide.

Poland is somewhat better, somewhat worse. Yes more people, but a lot are from minorities like Germans, Belarusians, Ukrainians. They don't always all get along. But Poland is probably the second big player in the EU - a rising star nowhere near as strong as France, but able to call on the Eastern European states to back its agenda.

When Vermont in an alternate timeline is cooler than the actual Vermont.....

Indeed :)

So what is Bernie Sanders doing now? Has he graduated to federal or imperial politics?

He's the Member of the Imperial Parliament for Vermont, but is considering being "kicked upstairs" to the Lords.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
And if you don't mind, could you tell me which EU country has the most people? I know that Savoy is 7th, and I know that Spain, France, Raetia, and Poland are more populous, but what are the other 2?

France has the most people. Rumania and Hanover are in the top 7 as well. Generally France is the lead power, with Poland and Rumania in second and third. Poland is backed by Eastern Europe and the Baltics, whilst Rumania leads a Balkan/Hem bloc in the EU. Then the Germanies band together as the fourth major player, and the Italians/Iberians just after.

I've been giving the make up and composition of the European Union a lot of thought over the summer, along with some changes in Anatolia, so the membership may change (as well as a smaller Eurozone). Plus some ideas for direct EU presidential elections and a clearer legislative system.

The EU is definitely a bit fluid at present... Watch this space...

Deleted member 78540

And of course the follow-up list of heads of government of Vermont (more to come on the Dukes...maybe):

Credit to @Turquoise Blue for this. With some edits from me :)

90oPyaR.png

Premiers of Vermont (1795–)
11. 1795–1797 Sir Thomas Chittenden† (Nonpartisan)
12. 1797–1809 Sir Ethan Allen† (Vermonter majority)
13. 1809–1809 Sir Paul Brigham (Vermonter majority)
14. 1809–1817 Sir Nathaniel Chipman (Tory majority)
15. 1817–1821 Dudley Chase (Tory majority)
16. 1821–1839 Sir Joachim Leclair (Vermonter majority) [1]
17. 1839–1845 Benjamin Swift (Vermonter majority)
18. 1845–1850 Augustine Clarke (Radical majority)
18. 1850–1850 Second Vermont Republic – President Augustine Clarke
19. 1850–1864 Sir Julien Martel (Conservative majority) [1]
10. 1864–1879 Sir George F. Edmunds (Conservative majority)
11. 1879–1885 Guillaume Dubois (Liberal majority)
12. 1885–1897 Joseph-Octave Arsenault† (Conservative majority)
13. 1897–1901 Sir William P. Dillingham (Conservative majority)
14. 1901–1912 Charles A. Prouty (Liberal majority)
15. 1912–1919 Percival Clement (Liberal majority)
16. 1919–1928 Aubin-Edmond Arsenault (Conservative majority)
17. 1928–1943 James P. Leamy (Liberal majority)
18. 1943–1958 Robert T. Stafford (Liberal majority) (1st)
19. 1958–1964 Thomas M. Debevoise (Conservative majority)
20. 1964–1966 William H. Meyer (LiberalSocial Democratic majority coalition) (1st)
18. 1966–1970 Robert T. Stafford (LiberalConservative majority coalition) (2nd)
20. 1970–1977 William H. Meyer (ProgressiveSocial Democratic majority coalition) (2nd)
21. 1977–1983 Richard A. Snelling (ConservativeLiberal majority coalition)
22. 1983–1997 Bernie Sanders (Progressive Democratic majority)
23. 1997–2000 Pierre Clavelle (Progressive Democratic majority)
24. 2000–2007 Viola Léger (LiberalVermont Alliance majority coalition)
25. 2007–2015 Anthony Pollina (Progressive DemocraticGreen majority coalition)
26. 2015–2015 David Zuckerman (Progressive DemocraticGreen majority coalition)
27. 2015–2020 Naomi Bonnaire (Liberal minority, with Vermont Alliance support) [1]

[1] - Fictional Individuals​

that vermont flag is hot

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
What is Bernie Sander's career like?
Probably less heart attacks.

Begins in the late 1970s as an SDP member of the Vermont legislature, then becomes leader of the merged PDP and its first Premier from 1983 to 1997. Elected to the Imperial House as the MIP for Vermont in 1997, a position he has held over since. Remained on the backbenches, but is a firm ally of Sylvia Lim, the former prime minister.

How ironic.
The OTL UK House of Lords has 179 Labour peers.

Ironic, maybe, but not unexpected.

Indeed.

Deleted member 78540

I'm thinking of doing a timeline based on this. What if all area held by the United Empire, minus the island of Great Britain, were ISOT to OTL 2019? I'd like to see how this effects Brexit, with the UK now having MASSIVE swaths of land it could rule over. What would happen to Americans, Canadians, Aussies and Kiwis abroad? What political parties would form? Would they just merge into current British political parties? Its an interesting idea for a timeline. I've mentioned it somewhere on here before. I don't know how I could make this avoid current politics, it would have to go into chat.

I'm thinking of doing a timeline based on this. What if all area held by the United Empire, minus the island of Great Britain, were ISOT to OTL 2019? I'd like to see how this effects Brexit, with the UK now having MASSIVE swaths of land it could rule over. What would happen to Americans, Canadians, Aussies and Kiwis abroad? What political parties would form? Would they just merge into current British political parties? Its an interesting idea for a timeline. I've mentioned it somewhere on here before. I don't know how I could make this avoid current politics, it would have to go into chat.
I've really never gotten into ASB elements like ISOT, but that definitely sounds like something worth doing.....assuming Leinad approves it, I'd definitely give it a read!

Deleted member 78540

I've really never gotten into ASB elements like ISOT, but that definitely sounds like something worth doing.....assuming Leinad approves it, I'd definitely give it a read!
Lets see what he says, I'd love to write it but I think I would need a proofreader, as my current writing, in my view is quite poor.

I noticed there has been some changes to the monarchy, including a King Frederick II. Was he always part of the original list of monarch and I just am misremembering, or has he been edited in? I really like how he was used as a transitional figure to lead into Victoria, especially after the reign of Gorgeous George.

106896_1.jpg

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Lets see what he says, I'd love to write it but I think I would need a proofreader, as my current writing, in my view is quite poor.

Go for it if you want. I'm happy to be a proof reader... obviously retaining rights over the original material up to the time of the ISOT.

I noticed there has been some changes to the monarchy, including a King Frederick II. Was he always part of the original list of monarch and I just am misremembering, or has he been edited in? I really like how he was used as a transitional figure to lead into Victoria, especially after the reign of Gorgeous George.

106896_1.jpg

Nope he was always part of the original list. I just haven't really mentioned him as he doesn't really do much in TTL's history, just another Hanoverian monarch between George III and Victoria.