Hail, Britannia

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by LeinadB93, Jul 30, 2017.

1. StormStar King-Emperor of the Britannic Empire and Kingdom

United Kingdom and Empire of Greater Britannic
    It's very difficult actually as the flag is very blurry to me so couldn't really count them, did try but I once got 30 stars and the next time 32.
    I was thinking that the Grand Union Flag was something created due to the Act of Union 1876, but if it is a more recent design I can accept that.

It was more to see how the design (much like the American Flag) would change as new consistent countries came into being, joined or were recreated, even though I am British I find some videos which show how the America Flag evolved and why it evolved interesting to watch, as its one of the few Flags to do that.

I just thought it would be interesting to see a visual representation of how the Kingdom of Britain/UK/UKE has evolved over time, with the Act of Union 1707 in this TL being celebrated as the beginning of greatness Union on the planet.

Ferd42 likes this.
  2. Arthur Marston Well-Known Member

I suspect that with TTL Russia having a less rocky post-Cold War history, Make The Bear Angry Again stories won't be as popular.

3. TheImperialTheorist To theorize & imagine worlds of possibilities.

A glorious update for the 4-year anniversary of this series! Thank you for all your work in creating this beautiful universe and it’s history!

What is the entertainment industry like ITTL? Is it based in California, as IOTL, or is it dispersed across the world? Is there a “Big Five,” and does it include Disney?

4. Blah_Blah New Member

Happy anniversary!

What's the status of the native americans in this timeline? I know the Iroquois got a state but how did other native american groups like the Navajo and the Cherokee do?

TheImperialTheorist and Ferd42 like this.
  5. Writersblock the one holding ur muse hostage

Is there a version of this with a flattened map? If you're going to add Capeland to the CTA, that's Hawaii, Patagonia, Capeland, and all the rest of the UKE like Australia not shown in the current globe map.

6. StormStar King-Emperor of the Britannic Empire and Kingdom

United Kingdom and Empire of Greater Britannic
    I pointed out the map problem to LeinadB93 but only for Patagonia, so he knows and is probably working on it. We all have remember with all the changes to the timeline LeinadB93 has to go back and fix a lot of posts, which takes time.

7. terranova210486 Well-Known Member

Dose Red Dwarf exist ITTL?

Zyxoriv likes this.
  8. LeinadB93 Just Leinad

Brilliant :)

The changes seem to have been approved, so I'm going to tidy up the new updated QBAM and SVG world maps over the next couple of days.

Plus there are some ideas I've got about Anatolia and the Caucasus that I need to get some input on.

On probably not as popular, but still there as a sort of reminisence of the Cold War antagonism and a recognition of the "lukewarm" relation between Britain (and the Common Defence Pact) and the USSR (and the Collective Security Treaty Organisation).

I think Hollywood is still a centre for the entertainment industry, but it's also quite spread out over North America and indeed the world. This is what I've written previously:

I had started to map out major British TV networks a while ago. But I think Disney was definitely there, along with the BBC, ITV, The CW others. TB has dones some work on TV broadcasting voer on Discord.

Yeah the map will probably get looked at...

Oh definitely :)

9. terranova210486 Well-Known Member

What's Florida like? Is Ariana Grande still a music superstar?

Pokemon Master likes this.
  10. Arthur Marston Well-Known Member

What happens to Pinochet?