Status
Not open for further replies.

Reminds me of my redesign for Mississippi from a few years back.

1593984309887.png

One of my self-imposed rules was no text (and no seals) though, which is of course completely ridiculous for real US state flags!

de0s0hv-5f3f5f54-a23c-4791-8d1a-ab72fc370a2a.png

Anarcho-Capitalist Flag of North Atlantic Trade Organization
The word "Dieu et mon propriété"(God and my property) follows slogan in British emblem "Dieu et mon droit"(God and my right)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
C'est "ma propriété"

Last edited:
Reminds me of my redesign for Mississippi from a few years back.

One of my self-imposed rules was no text (and no seals) though, which is of course completely ridiculous for real US state flags!

That one's honestly beautiful. :cool:

I'd go so far as to suggest you'd send it to whatever committee the state of Mississipi is having on the state flag issue at the moment.

It might sound silly to be so bold and submit this design, but maybe they'd love your idea.

my Mississippi flag proposal: You could keep the blue-white-red triband from the previous state flag but make the white band wavy to represent the Mississippi river.

I really like this one as well. :)

Because the British don't have any internationally known space accomplishments of their own.

In all actuality, I needed another animal for the heraldry and Laika was the best choice for that since dogs in heraldry is still fairly common.
For the Lunar Lander, it's probably one of the first things people picture when they think of people on the moon so I put it there.

since the british are pretty traditionalist when it comes to symbols, you could use traditional astrological symbols on the shields:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_symbols#Astrological_planets

As others mention, Laika seems an odd fit. Maybe have the Roman Goddess Luna (Greek Selene) instead ? Something a bit more unusual: a Tardigrade:

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-49265125

I am not capable enough yet !

Glad to see you finished that sentence with "yet".

I would love to see your re-interpretations of the flags I made (which let's be frank, the Montenegro one is crap);

makes sense design wise, you might just want to clean it up a bit. What software do you use ?

are you capable of also doing maps?

I can but rarely do as I don't find it particularly fun to do.

Glad to see you finished that sentence with "yet".

makes sense design wise, you might just want to clean it up a bit. What software do you use ?

I can but rarely do as I don't find it particularly fun to do.

@Marc Pasquin

So it is a bit embarassing
but I use paint and pixlr.com 🤦‍♂️I wanted to clean it up ofc but I couldn't find a simple way (for me) to make the black background transparent so I could simply "move" the Chetnik writing and skull on the Montenegro flag. I am bit of a troglodyte with tech in general, it even takes me forever to find again previous designs people did for me in the Request Thread or Map/Flag Threads

de0s0hv-5f3f5f54-a23c-4791-8d1a-ab72fc370a2a.png

The word "Dieu et mon propriété"(God and my property) follows slogan in British emblem "Dieu et mon droit"(God and my right)

Sorry but it would need to be "Dieu et ma propriété", as in French possessive pronouns agree with the object and not the subject, and property is feminin.
However it would be very awkward, as it would sound the same as "Dieu est ma propriété", which means "God is my property".
The same problem exists with the original, but "God is my right" could sound like right for relegious freedom, so less problematic, here kind of sounds like blasphemy, so unlikely.
"Dieu et Propriété" would work best in my humble opinion.

CU

Reminds me of my redesign for Mississippi from a few years back. One of my self-imposed rules was no text (and no seals) though, which is of course completely ridiculous for real US state flags!
That's a great flag! In this case, I modified an earlier design I had done where I was working forward from the French tricolor and trying to basically build the flag around the river. I'm definitely glad to see the symbology is popular.

As @decker pointed out, it would be bad french written like that. A better equivalent would be "Pour Dieu et Mon Bien"

The flag of the Anglo-Saxon federation (huh? See what I did there?) in the style of Austria-Hungary. Featuring both the English/Wessex Wyrm and the Saxon Steed.

1594297399485.png

A flag of a surviving Federal Republic of Central America:

centramerican flag.png

Or the former flag of this Federal Republic bewteen 1the 1860's and 1880's:

former centramerican flag.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.