Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I show you the flag of the state of Santo Domingo (SA):

flag of santo domingo.png

The flag of the state of Micronesia (MC):

flag of micronesia.png

One of the TLs I am working on but haven't published it here yet. If it was a videogame, it would probably be in its "alpha" stage or even before that. Nothing is yet definitive.

THE PENISULA ABLAZE !

The situation in 1948

Western_Balkans.png
  1. United Nations Administration of the Free States Of Dalmazia, Istria, Lubiana and Trieste
  2. Chetnik Kingdom of Montenegro (imagine Francoist Spain but much smaller and in the Balkans)​
  3. Republic of Albania
  4. Democratic Federal Yugoslavia
  5. People's Democratic Republic of Greece
OTHER STATES :

A. Austrobavarian Republic
B. Republic of Algeria
C. Kingdom of Tunisia (effectively a puppet state of the Republic of Algeria just as Morocco)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Senza nome (4).jpg

Flag of United Nations Administration of the Free States Of Dalmazia, Istria, Lubiana and Trieste

Lore : Churchill probably made many mistakes in his career, but historians don't look dawn upon him as much as FDR who some say abandoned most of Europe to Communism after the Greek and French Civil War. Some remember for the disasters of the Gallipoli or the Bengal Famine, but some do have fond memories of him, with not one but 4 statues of him located in the easternmost provinces of the Italian Republic, one in ù Montenegro and one in Albania , the nations saved from Titoism.While the war against the Reich was done in order to "break the German fighting spirit" after the disastrous Wehrmacht invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941, it had an another objective : stopping the spread of the Red Horde.
Despite liking the half Croat half Slovenian future dictator more than he liked Stalin, the Bulldog didn't trust him enough, so he struck a deal with the US president : an invasion of the Adriatic Balkanic Coast.
Operation Bora, unlike Market Garden, was a resounding success , having secured those parts away from Tito, but also kicking him directly into the arms of Stalin. The UNAFSDILT was created when he hoped the Chetnik insurgents would outmatch the Communist Partisans, but it went the other way ( Draža Mihailović being the sole survivor of the conflict and later show trials) so the UNAFSDILT "returned" to the Italian Republic, the Mediterranean aircraft carrier, they were even more even motivated to do so after the Beria plan.

Chetnik Kingdom of Montenegro

Senza nome (5).jpg

Montenegro, now commanded by Mihailović , accepted the handover only on the condition of protection by Italy, UK, USA and Albania, which was signed into a treaty , forming the base of the future Mediterranean-Adriatic Union, later to be joined by :

• Republic of Algeria

1200px-Drapeau_français_des_Pieds-Noirs.png

The French Civil War , after the Thorez-De Gaulle split, caused what even the Nazis weren't able to do : start a human flood. Half of the population of France fled through Spain, Italy or directly on Angloamerican boats stationed in the ports of southern France, going directly through to the "Pearl" of France : Algeria. After the initial chaos, the dust settled and the newly arrived built their lifes from nothing. The original "colons" weren't happy, because now their own fellow compatriots saw what they were doing to the natives and they were horrified, which meant a rapid change of policies, indifferent if the colons wanted it or not. A secular (and extremely so) but prosperous republic based on the principles of the fallen mainland. It is the the most important member of the Mediterranean Adriatic Union after Italy and Spain.
  • Republic of Albania​

800px-Flag_of_Albania_(1939–1943).svg.png

A stable democracy, although for a long period run by former collaborators both of the German Reich and Italy.

A previous flag of mine : https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/flag-thread-iv.310936/page-476#post-20580704

The DBWI discussion :

Attachments

• Senza nome (4).jpg
    Senza nome (4).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 1200px-Drapeau_français_des_Pieds-Noirs.png
    1200px-Drapeau_français_des_Pieds-Noirs.png
    308.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Senza nome (5).jpg
    Senza nome (5).jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 163
One of the TLs I am working on but haven't published it here yet. If it was a videogame, it would probably be in its "alpha" stage or even before that. Nothing is yet definitive.

Flag of United Nations Administration of the Free States Of Dalmazia, Istria, Lubiana and Trieste

putting the shields side-by-side tends to make the design looks overly busy. By combining them, your eyes are drawn to a single point in the flag so that the design looks simpler.

Untitled-1.png

British Extraterrestrial Colonies
Colonial Flags of the United Kingdom carry a few commonalities. The Union Jack in the Canton, the colony's seal on the right, and a field of a specific colour depending on the type of colony. Red for the Civil Ensign, Blue for the local government, White for Arctic and Antarctic territories, and Black for the Extraterrestrial Colonies. All extraterrestrial territories use a similar coat of arms for all territories. There is a lion on the left, Laika on the right, a Spacesuit helmet on the top, a shield with a unique design for each colony, and the ground of the planet at the bottom.

British Mars
UkuOGst.png
The British Martian Territory is one of Britian's newest territories with the establishment of the Helen Patricia Sharman Martian Base and the Timothy Nigel Peake Martian Base. British Mars is very small compared to other colonial ventures on the planet, such as Chinese Mars, American Mars, Russian Mars, Indian Mars, and European Mars. The unique shield on the British Martian flag depicts the Martian surface at sunrise with a Martian Rover silhouetted by the rising Sun. The flag was first created on the Churchill Base in the British Lunar Territory by Major Daniel Tennant in 2039 to be sent on a resupply mission to the Helen Patricia Sharman Martian Base.

British Luna
GF07GgG.png

The British Lunar Territories were first established in late 2020s with the Winston Churchill Lunar Base. The unique shield design depicts the lunar surface at Earthrise. Sitting on the surface is a Lunar Lander from the Apollo 11 mission. The Lunar Territory, similar to the Martian one, is the smallest of the territories. It's significantly smaller than its next largest neighbor, the European Lunar Colonies. It's currently led by General Charles Aldrin Keynes, who was first appointed by King William V in 2029 to run the colony.

Colonial Flags of the United Kingdom carry a few commonalities. The Union Jack in the Canton, the colony's seal on the right, and a field of a specific colour depending on the type of colony. Red for the Civil Ensign, Blue for the local government, White for Arctic and Antarctic territories, and Black for the Extraterrestrial Colonies. All extraterrestrial territories use a similar coat of arms for all territories. There is a lion on the left, Laika on the right, a Spacesuit helmet on the top, a shield with a unique design for each colony, and the ground of the planet at the bottom.

British Mars
The British Martian Territory is one of Britian's newest territories with the establishment of the Helen Patricia Sharman Martian Base and the Timothy Nigel Peake Martian Base. British Mars is very small compared to other colonial ventures on the planet, such as Chinese Mars, American Mars, Russian Mars, Indian Mars, and European Mars. The unique shield on the British Martian flag depicts the Martian surface at sunrise with a Martian Rover silhouetted by the rising Sun. The flag was first created on the Churchill Base in the British Lunar Territory by Major Daniel Tennant in 2039 to be sent on a resupply mission to the Helen Patricia Sharman Martian Base.

British Luna

The British Lunar Territories were first established in late 2020s with the Winston Churchill Lunar Base. The unique shield design depicts the lunar surface at Earthrise. Sitting on the surface is a Lunar Lander from the Apollo 11 mission. The Lunar Territory, similar to the Martian one, is the smallest of the territories. It's significantly smaller than its next largest neighbor, the European Lunar Colonies. It's currently led by General Charles Aldrin Keynes, who was first appointed by King William V in 2029 to run the colony.

These are awesome. :D

Some of the best science fiction flags I've seen since the days of Krall's cossack-themed Cosmic Hetmanate of the Martian Host. :cool:

You could (nick)name one of your British space colonies BETSI (British Extra-Terrestrial Space Independency). :p

British Mars
UkuOGst.png

British Luna
GF07GgG.png

Intriguing.

Why do the British Extraterrestrial Colonies contain a) Laika from the USSR's Sputnik 2 and b) lunar lander from the USA's Apollo 11?

Intriguing.

Why do the British Extraterrestrial Colonies contain a) Laika from the USSR's Sputnik 2 and b) lunar lander from the USA's Apollo 11?
Because the British don't have any internationally known space accomplishments of their own.

In all actuality, I needed another animal for the heraldry and Laika was the best choice for that since dogs in heraldry is still fairly common.
For the Lunar Lander, it's probably one of the first things people picture when they think of people on the moon so I put it there.

putting the shields side-by-side tends to make the design looks overly busy. By combining them, your eyes are drawn to a single point in the flag so that the design looks simpler.

View attachment 563150

@Marc Pasquin hey mate thanks for the suggestion. Your flag look much better than mine actually and thanks for the suggestion, the only reason I haven't done so myself is because as you may have noticed, I am not capable enough yet ! I would love to see your re-interpretations of the flags I made (which let's be frank, the Montenegro one is crap); are you capable of also doing maps?
Although the original Free Territory of Trieste didn't have an UN insignia, I do have to agree @Gokbay .

Because the British don't have any internationally known space accomplishments of their own.

In all actuality, I needed another animal for the heraldry and Laika was the best choice for that since dogs in heraldry is still fairly common.
For the Lunar Lander, it's probably one of the first things people picture when they think of people on the moon so I put it there.
But why would they choose a dog in the first place? It's rather odd without context.

On the whole I like the ideas though the colours on the shields are too naturalistic compared to the supporters and crest.

View attachment 563150
While this is better, maybe still add UN insignia somewhere?
Although the original Free Territory of Trieste didn't have an UN insignia, I do have to agree @Gokbay .

Maybe use the UN emblem in place of a helm above the shield?

Because these are 'space flags' and Laika was the first animal in space? Makes perfect sense to me.
They're British Space Flags. Unless Britain was involved in the Russian Space Programme or the Monarch/Prince of Wales married a Russian there's no reason to use Russian Dogs in British heraldry.

They're British Space Flags. Unless Britain was involved in the Russian Space Programme or the Monarch/Prince of Wales married a Russian there's no reason to use Russian Dogs in British heraldry.
The trick is finding something quintessentially British and obviously space related. I suppose you could have the monster from the Quatermass Experiment....

This seems to be in the realm of consensus for a best-case scenario flag for Mississippi based on others' replies.

Mississippi4.png

Some other designs of mine with the current requirements in mind:
Mississippi3b.png

Mississippi1d.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.