Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look we are jumping the gun I just had a thought. If the HB superheroes are joining the DC universe before Crisis than Hanna Barbera would probably make a Crisis on infinite earth's cartoon miniseries in the 80s (which will deviate from the comics)
  • Considering Ralph Dibley, and Ray Palmer have taken the identity of Plastic man & Dollman it makes more sense to make the Golden age versions part of Earth 2s All star Squadron instead giving them their own world
  • The Dell/Gold key earth Earth-X
  • Split HB into 2 earths (with Yogi and gang part of Captain Carrots world)

Makes sense to me. Certainly makes things a lot more streamlined in that regard. And yeah, Actual heroes on Earth-HB and Anthro Animals to Earth-C, unless accompanied by a Mystery Solving team like Jabberjaw and Scooby-Doo in which case, Earth-HB is their home. A lot of things are going to change down the line. DC is definitely going the ''Hard Sci-Fi'' route here.

With Bullseye Battalion starting to turning Charlton comics around discussions went underway to bring back the rest of the Fox Features characters starting first with Purple Tigress
PSX_20191115_150724.jpg

With Bullseye Battalion starting to turning Charlton comics around discussions went underway to bring back the rest of the Fox Features characters starting first with Purple Tigress View attachment 502533

OK, so new Purple Tigress. That's cool. Looking forward to hearing about the Squadron Supreme Special. That way we can see the return of Stardust. Speaking of which, I think the next hero to come back should be Wonder Man. Either that or a new V-Man.

One thing I have to say which is this. If there's no Earth X ITTL as we know it, Then I'd personally like to believe that the in timeline ''first Freedom Fighters'' Roster of Magno the Magnetic Man, Neon the Unknown, Miss America, The Red Torpedo, Hourman, The Invisible Hood and Uncle Sam, had someone in DC looking out for them that made them survive the attack on Pearl Harbour and stay as the core roster of the team in spite of their failure to prevent the attacks, with the FF members we know having bigger roles overall in the JSA and in All-Star...Company. Yeah, All-Star Company.

Last edited:
Is it possible that instead of using Crisis to crunch the universes down into 1, DC instead have an event that clearly pushes the timelines apart, leaving the multi-verse but resetting ‘Prime Earth’ so superheroes are a recent thing?

Preferably with every major character getting timely Year One 12 issue series for the first year rather than a few like otl. With no plot-lines taken across, new Costume looks, no major ‘events’ just a solid year of intro stories with the formation of the JLA at the end of it. A 5 year plan seems unlikely beyond nite form as it would depend on the competition and sales response.

Is it possible that instead of using Crisis to crunch the universes down into 1, DC instead have an event that clearly pushes the timelines apart, leaving the multi-verse but resetting ‘Prime Earth’ so superheroes are a recent thing?

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. There is no logical reason why dc would do that. The whole point of Crisis erasing the multiverse was to make things more accessible for readers, so why would they want to do something like the new 52 when that doesn't solve the problem?

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. There is no logical reason why dc would do that. The whole point of Crisis erasing the multiverse was to make things more accessible for readers, so why would they want to do something like the new 52 when that doesn't solve the problem?
Agreed. Although DC could still do a year one retconning the origins. Something similar to what John Byrne did with Superman.

Easing the multiverse caused as much problems as it solved. It was only confusing due to the amount of cross over- my suggested solution pushes the multiverse to one side and also allows for a Reset of the Prime Earth.

There was a reason DC did New 52 to restore stuff it allowed more storytelling potential AND a reset.

Easing the multiverse caused as much problems as it solved. It was only confusing due to the amount of cross over- my suggested solution pushes the multiverse to one side and also allows for a Reset of the Prime Earth.

There was a reason DC did New 52 to restore stuff it allowed more storytelling potential AND a reset.

Yeah, but here's the thing. People hated the New 52 and most were glad to see the back of it and everything it was trying to do come Rebirth. I know I was. Streamlining is ultimately, the best option.

Except in the 80’s doing a reset without destroying storyline potential might be an option in a universe where there are more comic companies, it allows them to bring back ‘classic’ characters if the Reset fails.

Remember the 80’s writers would not approach this like the N52- there would be build up, a big multipart series like Crisis, and a full resolution not the crap ‘relaunch’ the N52 got that was part of the reason people hated it so much.

Except in the 80’s doing a reset without destroying storyline potential might be an option in a universe where there are more comic companies, it allows them to bring back ‘classic’ characters if the Reset fails.

Remember the 80’s writers would not approach this like the N52- there would be build up, a big multipart series like Crisis, and a full resolution not the crap ‘relaunch’ the N52 got that was part of the reason people hated it so much.

But the downside is that Earth's Two, X and HB will never become part of the larger universe and, to make matters worse, they would most likely end up being ignored altogether. What's worse is that the main Earth will always be limited and without any future heroes as a result. Bringing all the Earths together would create ENDLESS storytelling opportunities. Face it, in order to survive, DC needs to bring all of its Characters together. Create legacies and friendships and better crossover and team up potentials. As an alternative, we could always make Zero Hour more...permanent. Of course, that means that Geoff Johns needs to go elsewhere. Fawcett for example.

Last edited:
I have to utterly disagree there- having a Crisis that allowed the multiverse to remain means that all the Earths are still out there, inc Earth-[whatever] that was the Prime Earth, starting again with a round of ‘Year 1’s’ means that classic tales can be replayed for a modern audience, new teams, and characters forged. Since time travel is an odd thing the Legion can still exist as a ‘possible-future’ unlike in OTL where they fudged it badly into a ‘pocket universe’ - multiverse existence solves that.

Also the Heroes lost the original Crisis, here they save the multiverse.

Bonus- no Superboy Prime punching Time later on.

Maybe Fawcett could have a crisis event instead. If they've introduced the idea of a second Earth. Maybe Another Earth for the Ace Comics characters?

My impression of the reasons behind the OTL Crisis have always been that it was more the writers having difficulty keeping track of it all, not so much the readers.(1) That could still be true ITTL in which case no change beyond the different companies/Earths that have to be integrated, but different editorial/corporate mandates or other writers & artists not wanting to throw the baby out with the bath water could lead to a rebooted, streamlined multiverse. Say a half dozen or so that get regular focus and titles, and if anyone wants to introduce a new universe they have to present a good case to editorial (kinda like how Ed Brubaker had to answer a questionnaire before Marvel would entertain bringing Bucky back).

(1) I remember as a kid first getting into comics in the late 80’s I bought all the Who’s Who I could and thinking “This Crisis sounds like a great story, but why’d they get rid of all those cool alternate universes?!”

OK. So, just to clarify, DC gets an Earlier Zero Hour in place of Crisis and Fawcett gets Crisis instead in order to join the Golden and Silver Age Earths together. Plus it'd give a further incentive to do ''Whatever Happened to the World's Mightiest Mortal?'' With that in mind, we're still in the 70s so, what comes next?

Fawcett comics survives
View attachment 502987
OK. So, just to clarify, DC gets an Earlier Zero Hour in place of Crisis and Fawcett gets Crisis instead in order to join the Golden and Silver Age Earths together. Plus it'd give a further incentive to do ''Whatever Happened to the World's Mightiest Mortal?'' With that in mind, we're still in the 70s so, what comes next?
Ok everyone let's get back to the 70s
PSX_20191117_144910.jpg

70s Crusader Squadron
  • Mr. Scarlet
  • Ibis the invincible
  • Moongirl ( redesigned to look like Cathy Lee Crosby's portrail )
  • Captain Star
  • Commando Yank
  • Bulletman
  • Bulletgirl
  • Avenger
  • Golden Arrow
  • Dove
  • Hawk
  • Question
  • Black Sentinel
  • Devil's Dagger

So, the Marvels, The Hunchback and The Creeper have dropped out of the Squadron. Wonder if they can still use the Rock of Eternity as a HQ because of that.

Also, it seems The Avenger has left the T.H.U.N.D.E.R Agents to join. Wonder who they'll replace him with. (Wouldn't it be fun if it was a member of a secret race of Pre-Neutronic War Blue Daleks, tho?)

One thing I would have liked to have seen would have been Tim Kelly or Orbweaver added to the roster.

Last edited:
So, the Marvels, The Hunchback and The Creeper have dropped out of the Squadron. Wonder if they can still use the Rock of Eternity as a HQ because of that.

Also, it seems The Avenger has left the T.H.U.N.D.E.R Agents to join. Wonder who they'll replace him with. (Wouldn't it be fun if it was a member of a secret race of Pre-Neutronic War Blue Daleks, tho?)
  • Hunchback, Ghost Rider & Creeper will be setting up a as of now unnamed Monster hero team (like Legion of Monsters and Creature Commandos)
  • Avenger joined the team because they needed a Tech guy
  • I could not decide which Marvel family members to make members ( all of them would be OP, but Jr was a founding member

• Hunchback, Ghost Rider & Creeper will be setting up a as of now unnamed Monster hero team (like Legion of Monsters and Creature Commandos)

Maybe you could Add Phantom Eagle to that lineup too? Also, how about the name ''Monsters Unleashed?''

One other thing. I still feel that Seaboard Atlas' would be roster should be divided between Charlton and Fawcett. Any ideas about who should get what?

Last edited:
One thing I would love to see is some Micros of the Crusaders Club. (The 40s Earth Crusader Squadron.) It'd be fun to see how they look now. Pluss we could explore the idea of That Earth's Billy being married and with kids. Along with the rest of that world's heroes.

One other thing. I still feel that Seaboard Atlas' would be roster should be divided between Charlton and Fawcett. Any ideas about who should get what?
  • Scorpion - Fawcett
  • Destroyer - either way but mostly Fawcett
  • Grimm Ghost - Charlton
  • Son of Dracula - Fawcett
  • Tiger man - Charlton
  • Devil slayer- Fawcett
  • Brute - Charlton
But that's just an un researched guess and really depends upon the creators