Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

will be revived like the game or ITTL the show stays dead?
Actually I just today had the thought of Adult Swim picking up the show for new episodes in 2005.
Also I haven't mentioned it yet cause it's not game related but I'm butterflying away the 2007 Boston Mooninite Panic.

You know, I have been wondering about some things.
  1. What will TTL’s voice cast for Puyo Puyo Fever be like?
  2. What will be the newcomers for TTL’s Super Smash Bros. Brawl?
  3. What will be TTL’s 2006 Sonic game?

The Nintendo Mega GameCube
Nintendo Hyper GameCube.png

A pixel diagram of the Nintendo Hyper GameCube. Showing the Top, Front, Left, and Right. The bottom is flat and has nothing.

Launch Day and Launch Price
October / 12 / 2003 - 149.99 US Dollars​

Technical Specifications
CPU

485 MHz IBM "Gekko" PowerPC

GPU
162 MHz ArtX-designed ATI "Flipper" ASIC (9.4 GFLOPS)

RAM
43 MB Total
24 MB (2x 12 MB) MoSys 1T-SRAM @ 324 MHz (codenamed "Splash") as main system RAM
3 MB embedded 1T-SRAM cache within "Flipper" GPU (2 MB framebuffer/Z-buffer, 1 MB texture cache)
16 MB DRAM used as I/O buffer for audio and DVD drive

Audio
Audio processor integrated into Flipper: Custom 81 MHz Macronix 16-bit DSP

Video Modes
640×480 interlaced (480i) @ 60 Hz
768×576 interlaced (576i) @ 50 Hz (PAL games only)

Storage
Memory card
Capacities: 512 KB (59 blocks), 2 MB (251 blocks), 8 MB (1019 blocks, incompatible with some games.)

Connectivity
4 Controller Ports
2 Memory Card Slots
1 Broadband Adapter
Expansion Port for 3.5-inch HDD
Serial I/O ("Link cable")
Cartridge I/O
Analog AV Out

Media
8 cm Optical GameCube Game Disc (Approx. 1.5 GB Capacity)
DVD
Game Boy Cartridge
Game Boy Color Cartridge
Game Boy Advance Cartridge

Dimensions
7” Width x 6” Depth x 6” Height

The Nintendo Hyper GameCube (Often referred to as just the HyperCube by fans.) was designed primarily by Sega. Its purpose was to allow players to use both the HDD Expansion Port and the Game Boy Player simultaneously. As both peripherals required use of the one Hi-Speed Port found on the bottom of a standard model GameCube. It was impossible to have both without continuously switching the two. The system came with a 20 GB HDD pre-installed in the HDD Expansion Port.

The system’s hardware was the same as a standard GameCube but with the HDD Expansion Port and the Game Boy Player built into the system. Lights were added around the controller ports to “look cool”.

Various cost cutting methods were implemented such as removing the Digital AV Out on the back and the complete removal of all ports on the bottom. As the HDD Add-on and the Game Boy Player were built into the system there was no need for any ports on the bottom.

One addition is the LCD Screen in the front of the system which displays the time, date, whether mono or stereo is being used, whether a GameCube Game, DVD, or Game Boy Game is currently being played, the GameCube Game or DVD title that’s being played. (Using any Game Boy game will display “Game Boy”.) The LCD screen was added to fill the empty space created by the larger model. The LCD Screen is always on and will display the time and date, but it can be turned off in the options menu.

The OS is a modified version of the standard GameCube OS. The OS will detect whether a GameCube Game, a Gameboy Cartridge or a DVD is inserted and give you the option of selecting either the Disk or the Cartridge.

Although the system boasted DVD compatibility. The system would not recognize a DVD out of the box. A TV Remote accessory had to be bought. The TV Remote Accessory featured a dongle that unlocked the DVD functionality by inserting it into any of the GameCube’s controller ports.

Reception and Sales
Reception was mostly positive as the price of the Hyper GameCube was less than the combined price of a GameCube, a Game Boy Advance and an HDD Expansion Bay. It was also only 10 Dollars more than a GameCube and a Game Boy Player. It is often thought of as a successor to the failed Panasonic Q.

Another strong point was the combined price of the Hyper GameCube and the TV Remote Accessory of $160 was slightly cheaper than the PS2’s current price of $175.
One criticism was that it didn’t have DVD functionality out of the box but this was relatively minor.

Sales wise the Nintendo Hyper GameCube did well, selling over 9 Million units. Meaning an estimated 1/4 of all GameCube owners were Hyper GameCube owners.

Really interested to see where 7th gen goes now. The Hyper Gamecube sales tell me the console may do well enough that Nintendo won’t abandon powerful consoles like the did IOTL. And if they build something that gets all the multiplats and doesn’t break like the 360 and isn’t absurdly priced with too few exclusives like the PS3, they could do to Sony and MS what the PS1 did to Sega and Nintendo

You know, I have been wondering about some things.
  1. What will TTL’s voice cast for Puyo Puyo Fever be like?
  2. What will be the newcomers for TTL’s Super Smash Bros. Brawl?
  3. What will be TTL’s 2006 Sonic game?
1. I wasn't really going to change it. I don't think it needs changing, but I'll look into it.
2. It's a secret to everybody! I like to keep the Smash Roster a secret. Sorry to disappoint you.
3. Haven't thought a title yet, but it still uses the "character from the future comes to the present to stop a horrible future" plot point.

3. Haven't thought a title yet, but it still uses the "character from the future comes to the present to stop a horrible future" plot point.
How about we call it Sonic Continuum, after the phrase "space-time continuum", and have a corgi named Pastel come from a future where Amy Rose becomes a ruthless dictator after watching Sonic die right before her eyes?

Maybe Sonic Cosmic Destruction, as a shout out to Sonic CD? That feels like a very Nintendo thing to do in that era with how games like Advance Wars Dual Strike shortened to DS.

Okay. I see your point(s). However, can you really blame me for considering that option?
No problem, the thing was the fifth generation killed the pack-in game because consoles were becoming too expensive, there a reason why Iwata bundled Wii sports with the wii outside japan, he wanted the people get the whole package deal but that was the last exception, no the rule

Last edited:
I think we're seeing a bit of a resurgence with pack in games now that everything's going more and more digital, but they're not the killer app systems sellers like Super Mario Bros or even Wii Sports. They're either games like Astro Bot Playroom or AR games on the 3DS or they're part of a subscription service you get a free trial of when you buy the console. Or in the PS5's case those dozen or so PS4 games you got free with a PS5. Not the same as getting a cartridge or disc, but they are making sure everyone has something to play without spending extra money.

I think we're seeing a bit of a resurgence with pack in games now that everything's going more and more digital, but they're not the killer app systems sellers like Super Mario Bros or even Wii Sports. They're either games like Astro Bot Playroom or AR games on the 3DS or they're part of a subscription service you get a free trial of when you buy the console. Or in the PS5's case those dozen or so PS4 games you got free with a PS5. Not the same as getting a cartridge or disc, but they are making sure everyone has something to play without spending extra money.
I don't count those as Pack-In at all, you need to buy a PSN Plus subscription for PS4 games, to begin with(and keep it active, to begin with) all those still counts as speciality bundles, like the GC era one too. But again Technically Speaking the pack-in was an aberration and mostly thanks to Atari killing the market in the west, to begin with. Japan for example, never has a pack-in title to begin with. Still have to be physical to count too. A Shame they died but that is all for the quest of the allmigthy money