Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

I can imagine some people on the internet wanting to remind people that Puyo Puyo came to the West before in the forms of Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine for the Genesis and Kirby's Avalanche for the SNES. I guess Sega can claim this is the first release with the original IP.

A Gamecube with extra DVD playback. However, games still have to be limited to the mini-DVDs of the original Gamecube, right?

I can imagine some people on the internet wanting to remind people that Puyo Puyo came to the West before in the forms of Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine for the Genesis and Kirby's Avalanche for the SNES. I guess Sega can claim this is the first release with the original IP.

A Gamecube with extra DVD playback. However, games still have to be limited to the mini-DVDs of the original Gamecube, right?
Games are still limited to mini-DVDs.

I don't know how likely this is, but with Sega being part of Nintendo and the E3 showings along with marketing showing that Sega is an important member of the Nintendo team with near equal support to classic Nintendo franchises, it would be really fun if in a future Smash DLC that Sakurai includes Segata Sanshiro into the roster, with Segata entering into the fray to reclaim the honor of Sega on Nintendo's home turf. It would be a fun way to call back to the console wars while presenting plenty of great marketing opportunities to bring the campaign to a new age with possible crossovers with classic Nintendo characters. Would also just really love if more people in the West learned about Segata Sanshiro, the best marketing character in video game history.

. It would be a fun way to call back to the console wars while presenting plenty of great marketing opportunities to bring the campaign to a new age with possible crossovers with classic Nintendo characters.
I think if we got a Sega Saturn Mini, Segata could be revived that way, as Segata is so iconic that era of SEGA(i know SEGA Revived him and give him a son in modern times) as he still floating in space in that sony missile

Omake: Super Smash Bros Melee Metagame June 2003
Smash Bros Melee Tier List June 2003

Top Tier

Sheik
Fox
Falco
Marth
Sakura
Peach
Upper Tier
Snake
Alex Kidd
Wario
Banjo & Kazooie
Ganondorf
Mario
Dr. Mario
Samus
Jigglypuff
C. Falcon
Pit
Middle Tier
Ice Climbers
Yoshi
Sonic
Shadow
Ness
Pikachu
Luigi
Roy
Link
Young Link
Zelda
Bottom Tier
Donkey Kong
NiGHTS
Mr. G & W
Kirby
Mewtwo
Pichu
Bowser

This is the first Super Smash Bros Melee Tier List to feature tiers as opposed to a simple list of characters and is the 3rd Tier List to be made. This Tier list reflects the metagame in June 2003 shortly after SephirothKen’s victory in TournamentGo 4. Due to how early it is in the metagame the full effects of the removal of wavedashing ITTL haven’t been seen yet and most clones with the exception of Pichu and Roy have yet to deviate from their original counterparts.

Character Notes
Snake has yet to reach top tier status from a lack of tech development.
Alex Kidd’s shield breaking move Scissor’s Janken and his incredibly safe up special Ninja’s Crystal Ball puts him in high tier.
NiGHTS is in bottom tier for the same reason as Mewtwo. A floaty lightweight though unlike Mewtwo who lacks KO potential, NiGHTS has overall stronger attacks than Mewtwo giving him an edge.
Ganondorf enjoys a higher placement due his stun projectile and his sword giving him a longer reach.
Sakura is notably high tier for her projectile, range, her down special Charge giving all of her special moves KO potential, the KO potential of her side special Hyakka Ryoran even without a boost from her down special.

Welcome to the first Omake of the Timeline! Unless you count the non-canon April Fools updates. Just a short blurb of me trying to explain the current state of the Melee metagame ITTL.

Next Chapter: Gaming News Summer 2003
Upcoming Chapter: The Nintendo Mega GameCube
Upcoming Chapter: Pokemon Anime Season 6 / Pokemon Advanced
Upcoming Chapter: F-Zero Anime / F-Zero GP
Upcoming Omake: Full Steam Ahead!
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Fall 2003
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Holiday/Winter 2003
Upcoming Chapter: The Duke of Nukem
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Spring 2004
Upcoming Chapter: E3 2004 / 2 Screens, Unlimited Potential
Upcoming Chapter: Dawn of the DS

Is there going to be an update on TTL’s sales? Because I’m really curious how this Gamecube is faring against the PS2 and wondering if the XB is doing poorly enough to make MS question whether to go with the 360. Buying Crash and Spyro is a sign that MS is still committed though.

Last edited:
Is there going to be an update on TTL’s sales? Because I’m really curious how this Gamecube is faring against the PS2 and wondering if the XB is doing poorly enough to make MS question whether to go with the 360. Buying Crash and Spyro is a sign that MS is still committed though.
Console sales will be included in the next update.

I have some questions for you.
  1. What is the Pokemon Anime Season 6 (a.k.a.: Pokemon Advanced) gonna be like ITTL?
  2. Any updates on Mario Kart: Double Dash, Sonic Heroes, and Puyo Puyo Fever?
  3. What'll happen to the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon games now that Microsoft bought them?

Console sales will be included in the next update.
OTL MS knew they were going to be on a uphill battle, so they might have considered ITTL too. If anything getting Universal games too cheap, plus crash and spyro is far better move rare was OTL(fun fact, getting rare was part of their failed bid to work and later on try to purchase Nintendo)

I have some questions for you.
  1. What is the Pokemon Anime Season 6 (a.k.a.: Pokemon Advanced) gonna be like ITTL?
  2. Any updates on Mario Kart: Double Dash, Sonic Heroes, and Puyo Puyo Fever?
  3. What'll happen to the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon games now that Microsoft bought them?
1.Main plan is that Flannery takes Brock's place and May's partner would be Mudkip (the same one that water guns her face), as Flannery would have Torchic. Flannery's character arc would be about learning and training on how to be a better gym leader. There's going to be a whole episode dedicated to Flannery fighting Misty when she makes a brief return.
2. Mario Kart: Double Dash adds Sonic, Tails, Banjo, Kazooie and an extra Retro Cup. Sonic Heroes is the same. Puyo Puyo Fever is mostly the same but better localized when it comes to character names. (Raffina instead of Raffine, Lidelle instead of Rider.)
3. We're at a breaking path here. We got Traveler's Tales (Wrath of Cortex and Crash Twinsanity) and Radical Entertainment (Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutant)
I'm leaning towards Traveler's Tales continuing to make the Crash series (likely getting bought by Microsoft to make them the permanent developer) but this potentially has the butterfly effect of killing the Lego games. There's no concrete plan for Spyro at the moment besides a polished port of Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly for X-Box.

We're at a breaking path here. We got Traveler's Tales (Wrath of Cortex and Crash Twinsanity
I give a new Idea, some other developers could work well with crash and/or Spyro....Artoon..and before people want to kill me, Artoon as a whole was very competent studio(UNLIKE Arzest), that is why Marvelous bought them, and ARTOON already have experience working on Xbox.

Last edited: